PDA

View Full Version : Colt Brennan = Tony Romo

D-Unit
10-13-2007, 05:42 AM
I know this is weird comparison coming from me (a Dallas and Hawaii fan), but the more I see Brennan this year, the more I believe it.

Today's game even further convinced me. Despite having a terrible game and throwing 4 INTs, he lead his team to an overtime win over SJST, exactly the same way Romo beat Buffalo on Monday. Kid's got ice in his veins and doesn't get rattled.

Likeness:

1) They are both gamers. They've got that gunslinger mentality and confidence in their skills that they know they can hit their targets.

2) Have unconventional release points.

3) Have excellent poise in the pocket and ability to escape would be tacklers.

4) Constantly look downfield to make a play while escaping pressure.

5) Have slight body frames. And furthermore, play tough as if it doesn't matter.

6) Have very good accuracy while throwing on the run.

7) Are/were small school prospects.

8) Have that "it" factor. It's hard to describe in words, but they have the uncanny ability to make positive things happen with the ball in their hands.

9) Don't get rattled despite having a bad game.

10) Confident, slightly brash attitude/swagger.

11) Great at beating the odds.

Scott Wright
10-13-2007, 06:43 AM
I can buy that comparison.

scottyboy
10-13-2007, 06:54 AM
D, why would you insult Colt like that? :D

Xiomera
10-13-2007, 07:33 AM
ha ha

D, you just wanted a post where you can praise your two favorite players at the same time.

Maybe next you can work in a few kind words about your boy Ikaika, lol.

10-13-2007, 07:49 AM
does this mean colt brennan deserves to be mentioned as a 1st round prospect?

neko4
10-13-2007, 08:30 AM
Colt Brennan = Tony Romo = Brett Favre
I honestly want GB to trade Rodgers and get Brennan
He throws it 70% of the time and he would do the same thing in Green Bay. Lot of the passes in Hawaii's system are quick and thats the same thing for GB

SeanTaylorRIP
10-13-2007, 08:41 AM
Have another point to add to your list D:

-Awful decision makers, make throws they have no business throwing, refuse to give up on a play and will try to force it in rather than throwing it away, they both have too much confidence in their arms and think they can throw into triple coverage, Brennan will go over the top without even looking how close the safety help is.

BroadwayJoe10
10-13-2007, 09:19 AM
Have another point to add to your list D:

-Awful decision makers, make throws they have no business throwing, refuse to give up on a play and will try to force it in rather than throwing it away, they both have too much confidence in their arms and think they can throw into triple coverage, Brennan will go over the top without even looking how close the safety help is.

yaa i saw that a few times last night and previous games as well. I also think that if it weren't for davone bess making acrobatic catches (even at times when he was wide open and the ball was just poorly thrown) the game would have ended poorly for the warriors. Regardless, i still love the fact he lead them to a W, you have to appreciate that.

More than anything, I think davone bess has showed hes a pretty damn good receiver, who is capable of getting a team a lot of yac.

RyanLeaf#1
10-13-2007, 09:22 AM
Yea the guy is a star 5 interceptions vs Idaho and 4 vs San Jose State. It could of been like 6 last night but the dbacks have bricks for hands. He doesnt know how to read defenses. He throws balls into tripple coverage. Definitely the next star QB in the NFL. I can totally see what your saying. Maybe reading defenses gets easier in the NFL.

DaBears9654
10-13-2007, 09:29 AM
On #7, I was thinking, "You call Texas 'small school'?" But then I thought about how that's Colt McCoy. Brennan's from Hawaii (of the WAC). Hey. I just got out of bed so give me a break.

10-13-2007, 09:31 AM
if brennan were to have success in the NFL he would have to wait 2-3 years like romo possibly

GB12
10-13-2007, 12:36 PM
Colt Brennan = Tony Romo = Brett Favre
I honestly want GB to trade Rodgers and get Brennan
He throws it 70% of the time and he would do the same thing in Green Bay. Lot of the passes in Hawaii's system are quick and thats the same thing for GB
That would be extremely stupid. We spent a first rounder on Rodgers, you can't get rid of him before he ever gets a chance to step on the field. And if we did trade him his value wouldn't be high at all because of that. That's reason enough not to, but you want Colt Brennan instead? Please. Rodgers was a much better prospect, has sat behind Favre for a while so he should be ready when he does get his chance, he's younger than Brennan, and fits our system better. I see no reason at all why we'd be better off with Brennan.

D-Unit
10-13-2007, 12:39 PM
That would be extremely stupid. We spent a first rounder on Rodgers, you can't get rid of him before he ever gets a chance to step on the field. And if we did trade him his value wouldn't be high at all because of that. That's reason enough not to, but you want Colt Brennan instead? Please. Rodgers was a much better prospect, has sat behind Favre for a while so he should be ready when he does get his chance, he's younger than Brennan, and fits our system better. I see no reason at all why we'd be better off with Brennan.
I agree. Brennan in GB makes no sense.

That said, are there really that many GB fans that have confidence in Rodgers to be successful?

Geo
10-13-2007, 12:39 PM
Yea the guy is a star 5 interceptions vs Idaho and 4 vs San Jose State. It could of been like 6 last night but the dbacks have bricks for hands. He doesnt know how to read defenses. He throws balls into tripple coverage. Definitely the next star QB in the NFL. I can totally see what your saying. Maybe reading defenses gets easier in the NFL.
I was sort of wondering the same thing, but people are entitled to their opinions, I suppose.

D-Unit
10-13-2007, 12:44 PM
if brennan were to have success in the NFL he would have to wait 2-3 years like romo possibly
I think you're definitely right on with that assessment.

BrownsTown
10-13-2007, 12:48 PM
I guess they're similar in that they're overrated, are inconsistent and suck against bad teams. Seems like an okay comparison.

GB12
10-13-2007, 12:54 PM
I agree. Brennan in GB makes no sense.

That said, are there really that many GB fans that have confidence in Rodgers to be successful?
The majority actually don't, but I don't see where that comes from. People have lost confidence in Rodgers because he's been on the bench. Well when Brett Favre's on the team that's gonna happen. He hasn't done anything to show he can't be a good NFL QB. Now you can turn that around and say he hasn't proven anything either, which he hasn't but again he hasn't had a chance. The only significant time he's seen is in preseason. I thought he had a good preseason last year and an even better one this year. It just confuses me why people are so low on Rodgers.

D-Unit
10-13-2007, 01:07 PM
I was sort of wondering the same thing, but people are entitled to their opinions, I suppose.
Brennan has a proven track record of being a good decision maker. His least problem is reading defenses. That's crazy. 4 INTs? OK.. Keep in mind, he passed the ball 75 times in wet slippery conditions. Look at how he distributed the ball:

Jason Rivers 12, 138 yards, 1 TD
Devone Bess 12 catches, 140 yards, 1 TD
Ryan Grice Mullen 14 catches, 175 yards, 1 TD
CJ Hawthorne 4, 66 yards, 1 TD

Bad decision maker? A foolish notion. Anyone wanna count the amount of dropped passes?

Sniper
10-13-2007, 01:16 PM
Brennan has a proven track record of being a good decision maker. His least problem is reading defenses. That's crazy. 4 INTs? OK.. Keep in mind, he passed the ball 75 times in wet slippery conditions. Look at how he distributed the ball:

Jason Rivers 12, 138 yards, 1 TD
Devone Bess 12 catches, 140 yards, 1 TD
Ryan Grice Mullen 14 catches, 175 yards, 1 TD
CJ Hawthorne 4, 66 yards, 1 TD

Bad decision maker? A foolish notion. Anyone wanna count the amount of dropped passes?

What's his excuse for the 5 INT against Idaho? He's 5th in the country in picks

D-Unit
10-13-2007, 01:18 PM
What's his excuse for the 5 INT against Idaho? He's 5th in the country in picks
A bum ankle that prevented him from planting his foot.

Sniper
10-13-2007, 01:20 PM
A bum ankle that prevented him from planting his foot.

Plenty of QBs throw on bum ankles and don't throw 5 INT against Idaho.

D-Unit
10-13-2007, 01:29 PM
That's wonderful. You asked. I answered.

BrownsTown
10-13-2007, 01:30 PM

Hell, you could have 3 fingers and not throw 5 picks against Idaho. There's no excuse for that. He's playing the worst competition of any QB in the league and still sucking. Only reason anyone pays attention is because his team is undefeated against a horrible schedule.

D-Unit
10-13-2007, 01:31 PM
Hell, you could have 3 fingers and not throw 5 picks against Idaho. There's no excuse for that. He's playing the worst competition of any QB in the league and still sucking. Only reason anyone pays attention is because his team is undefeated against a horrible schedule.
Gotta LOVE that attention! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

RyanLeaf#1
10-13-2007, 01:39 PM
Gotta LOVE that attention! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

Love the attention because his ship is sinking I love it and that bum is going to get me a Benjamin from you.

Vikes99ej
10-13-2007, 01:44 PM
If he's Tony Romo, then Andre Woodson is Peyton Manning, Brian Brohm is Carson Palmer, and Matt Ryan is Tom Brady.

D-Unit
10-13-2007, 01:44 PM
Love the attention because his ship is sinking I love it and that bum is going to get me a Benjamin from you.
HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! You thought you were gonna get it yesterday and Colt CRUSHED your dreams! LMAO.

D-Unit
10-13-2007, 01:45 PM
If he's Tony Romo, then Andre Woodson is Peyton Manning, Brian Brohm is Carson Palmer, and Matt Ryan is Tom Brady.
LMAO... Isn't that what people are saying????

BrownsTown
10-13-2007, 01:47 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! You thought you were gonna get it yesterday and Colt CRUSHED your dreams! LMAO.

Crushed them with a magnificent 4 INT peformance...

RyanLeaf#1
10-13-2007, 01:47 PM

Colt crushed my dreams? Nah I had San Jose State.. Colt helped me out by throwing 4 picks. So I say thankyou Colt thankyou.

D-Unit
10-13-2007, 01:52 PM
Crushed them with a magnificent 4 INT peformance...
Crush this!

"FIESTA BOWL IMPRESSED

Western Athletic Conference commissioner Karl Benson, who hosted Fiesta Bowl scout Steve Horrell, said his guest came away impressed.

"He was impressed with the comeback and how they found a way to win a game that had seemed to have gotten away from them," Benson said.

The Fiesta Bowl, one of five Bowl Championship Series games, is played on Jan. 2, 2008."

http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071013/COLUMNISTS06/710130356/1142/COLUMNISTS06&template=UHsports

BrownsTown
10-13-2007, 01:54 PM
Crush this!

"FIESTA BOWL IMPRESSED

Western Athletic Conference commissioner Karl Benson, who hosted Fiesta Bowl scout Steve Horrell, said his guest came away impressed.

"He was impressed with the comeback and how they found a way to win a game that had seemed to have gotten away from them," Benson said.

The Fiesta Bowl, one of five Bowl Championship Series games, is played on Jan. 2, 2008."

http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071013/COLUMNISTS06/710130356/1142/COLUMNISTS06&template=UHsports

Yea, but the game still got away from them...against fricking San Jose St. They won't make a BCS bowl. Sorry to say, but they won't.

BroadwayJoe10
10-13-2007, 01:55 PM
i really think if you are gonna throw out his td #s becuase of the system he plays in than you can't shove his int's back in his face. The guy threw the ball 70 times. I mean thats like 2 or 3 games for some people; the fact that his arm didn't fall off is impressive enough. Im not saying his int's aren't worth mentioning, but you can't completely disregard both. The bottom line was he won the game, and he was a leader.

Also i still think that his receivers bail him out quite a bit. Davone bess was unbelievable last night, the guy is half reciever half cirque do soleil performer.

D-Unit
10-13-2007, 01:59 PM
Yea, but the game still got away from them...against fricking San Jose St. They won't make a BCS bowl. Sorry to say, but they won't.
But the fact remains... THE DREAM IS STILL ALIVE!!!!

Maybe they won't make it. That's not the point. A brotha can still cheer!

Vikes99ej
10-13-2007, 02:06 PM
Quit being ignorant, people. SJSU was 9-4 last year.

SuperKevin
10-13-2007, 02:27 PM
i thik it's more like this

Colt brennan=Jay Fiedler

Both have slightly above average mobility and good accuracy on short passes. Overall arm strength is an issue for both

Beans
10-13-2007, 02:35 PM
I'd like to have him in Tampa.

D-Unit
10-13-2007, 03:27 PM
I'd like to have him in Tampa.
You should be able to get him in Round 3.

skeet3r
10-13-2007, 08:22 PM
I'm 99% Browns has never seen Colt play except on the highlight reel, so here goes my thoughts on Colt.

There is a huge disparity between this years Colt and last years Colt. He has the same talented core of receivers as in 06. The offensive line has given him a reasonable amount of time in the pocket to find an open receiver. Last year, he put up unbelievable numbers, but this year he has 20 td's compared to 10 int's.
The reason is simple. Colt 07 has no "effective" running game. Last year, opposing defenses had to gameplan not only for Colt but for Nate Ilaoa as well. If defenses focused on Colt and the receivers, Nate Ilaoa would tear them apart. This caused defenses to bring up safeties and linebackers in order to contain Nate Ilaoa. 07 Colt does not have the same luxury. Without an effective running game, defenses can drop back their safeties and linebackers and get creative with their coverage schemes. It's much more difficult for our receivers to find openings in the secondary. I am not knocking down Kealoha Pilares or Leon Wright-Jackson, they are great players and will be for years to come. I just think that we are missing Nate Ilaoa more than people realize.

If you watched the Idaho game, Colt's first game with the bad ankle, He couldn't step into his passes and under threw the ball a number of times, and 3 of the interceptions were under thrown and he left the receiver out to dry. The other 2 were just bad decisions by Colt.

With yesterday's game, He was playing on a crap field, in crap weather. He was throwing a slippery ball around all game long with the bad ankle. If you watched that game, which I'd guess you didn't, you knew the pick 6 was extremely under thrown, giving the defender, a 1st day pick in Dwight Lowery more than enough time to get there and return it. On another pick, the one in the 4th quarter where he made another WTF throw to no one, you could tell he was in obvious pain and this definitely not the Colt were used to. Also in case you missed it, SJSU's QB threw 3 picks, too, so it wasn't just Colt.

Turtlepower
10-13-2007, 08:28 PM
i thik it's more like this

Colt brennan=Jay Fiedler

Both have slightly above average mobility and good accuracy on short passes. Overall arm strength is an issue for both

Colt Brennan is jewish?

SuperKevin
10-13-2007, 08:28 PM
Colt Brennan is jewish?

No but Optimus Prime is

D-Unit
10-13-2007, 09:09 PM
I think you're right on some accounts... Nate is definitely missed in this offense. His pass catching ability was a big part of the offense last year and this year, Pilares and Jackson just don't have those skills. Nate was also a very good pass blocker.

This year his pass blocking is not nearly as effective as last year. They lost 3 starters from last years team, both tackles and their all star center Samson Satele. Also Reagan Mauaia was like an extra lineman out there. He's now playing for the Dolphins.

The bum ankle and the weather conditions have had an effect on his play. But against Idaho, if you remember correctly, not all of his interceptions were his fault. The first one was clean, just a good play by the corner. The next was deflected off his own lineman's helmet, that throw was terribly low. The next 2 should've been caught by the WRs who popped the ball up in the air instead of catching it, I hate to count those against Colt... and the last one sailed too far, but by that time he was not planting his foot at all.

bearsfan_51
10-13-2007, 09:10 PM
It's kinda hard to gauge Brennan's ability as a winner or "beating the odds" playing in the WAC.

What odds has Brennan beat? They have superior talent in almost every game they've played. If anything Hawaii and Brennan has been underwhelming this year.

skeet3r
10-13-2007, 09:17 PM
Hey, thanks for the input D-Unit. Sorry for flaming you in the other thread, any Warrior friend is a friend of mine.

GO HAWAII!

D-Unit
10-13-2007, 09:18 PM
It's kinda hard to gauge Brennan's ability as a winner or "beating the odds" playing in the WAC.

What odds has Brennan beat? They have superior talent in almost every game they've played. If anything Hawaii and Brennan has been underwhelming this year.
Then again...Colt has only played 2 complete games. LaTech and SJST. Two amazing comeback wins that if anyone saw those, they have to admit they thought Hawaii was going to lose. I did. If those two games aren't Romo"esque", then I don't know what is. Colt is a winner that despite bad games, comes out with come from behind wins in the clutch. He doesn't wilt despite his mistakes. In that sense, he's a winner and he's just like Tony Romo.

bored of education
10-13-2007, 09:58 PM
I think Colt looked solid that last quarter the other night

D-Fence
10-13-2007, 11:44 PM
The thought of Hawaii in a BCS bowl makes me want to throw up...I'll be surprised if they are in the Top 20 of the BCS standings tomorrow.

Green Bay Scat
10-14-2007, 01:14 AM
i want to bum rape colt brennan, is that normal? i think hes the Teddy Ginn of this year? so much hate, no love?

Bama37228
10-14-2007, 08:19 AM
Wow I've never see someone on somenes jock so much

10-14-2007, 08:22 AM
i want to bum rape colt brennan, is that normal? i think hes the Teddy Ginn of this year? so much hate, no love?

na colt brennans got his supporters trust me

Sniper
10-14-2007, 09:03 AM
Wow I've never see someone on somenes jock so much

It rivals GBS and Earl Bennett as well as scottyboy and Brian Leonard/Ray Rice, and I consider myself a distant fourth with Jesus Hart.

IrishBrowns
10-14-2007, 06:19 PM
Colt Brennan is a product of the system, I think we can base that on the 9 interceptions in the last 2 games....and a backup coming in and still ripping it up.
I thought he may have been different from the other QB's that went there, but he's not.

skeet3r
10-14-2007, 06:47 PM
Colt Brennan is a product of the system, I think we can base that on the 9 interceptions in the last 2 games....and a backup coming in and still ripping it up.
I thought he may have been different from the other QB's that went there, but he's not.
Exactly, he's in a system where he makes great throws, good decisions(most of the time) and lights up the scoreboard with that high powered offense. He's going to be great in the NFL.

10-14-2007, 06:49 PM
Exactly, he's in a system where he makes great throws, good decisions(most of the time) and lights up the scoreboard with that high powered offense. He's going to be great in the NFL.

under what system in the NFL?

Staubach12
10-14-2007, 06:57 PM
I see the comparsion. Very valid in my opinion.