PDA

View Full Version : Vikings locker room brawl???

CC.SD
10-13-2007, 10:20 AM
http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/24098

Apparently Erasmus James punched Chester Taylor, who picked up a chair and threw it, and the end result was McKinnie needing stiches above his eye.

This might be team specific, but come on, this is Jerry Springer quality stuff.

Childress: there are a lot of "tiffs" in a locker room.

Wow.

HoopsDemon12
10-13-2007, 10:22 AM
So those two fought... but the guy not involved got the stiches.. lol and wow im impressed taylor to take a punch form James. he is a big dude

andyjo672
10-13-2007, 10:32 AM
Surprised Eras didn't hurt himself...

TimD
10-13-2007, 10:36 AM
I saw this on Fan Nation too and just died of laughter!

princefielder28
10-13-2007, 10:47 AM
I saw this on Fan Nation too and just died of laughter!

how were able to post then?

energizerbunny
10-13-2007, 10:53 AM

haahahaha, QFT! , he is so injury prone it isn't even funny

bearsfan_51
10-13-2007, 11:07 AM
Where's the Love Boat when you need it?

SeanTaylorRIP
10-13-2007, 11:09 AM
Minny is a death trap, Smoot isn't very good but it's no coincidence he is 100x better with the Skins this year than all of his time in Minny, there is no structure, it's very hard to succeed there, and from knowing Chester in Bmore he has no attitude at all, although it sounds like Erasmus initiated it, but since Minny has AD, Chester will likely be the scape goat in this.

fondoffilm
10-13-2007, 11:15 AM
Minny is a death trap, Smoot isn't very good but it's no coincidence he is 100x better with the Skins this year than all of his time in Minny, there is no structure, it's very hard to succeed there, and from knowing Chester in Bmore he has no attitude at all, although it sounds like Erasmus initiated it, but since Minny has AD, Chester will likely be the scape goat in this.

I read that it wasn't Taylor's first scuffle with a big man. I don't think he's an angel.

EdReedUnstoppable
10-13-2007, 11:16 AM

Thats not entirely true, right after he left and we went with Jamal I read an article that said the reason we stayed with Jamal over Chester was Chester was a whiner in the locker room. I wish I could find that article dammit!

The Great Jonathan Vilma
10-13-2007, 11:23 AM
i'm sure this happens in other dressing rooms, but only with the vikings would we definitely hear about it. They need to get it together........

Since issues like this seem to happen more often than in other franchises, do we think it has to do with coaches, management, or the entire org culture??

TimD
10-13-2007, 11:58 AM
Exactly... why do we hear about this? If this happens in my lockerroom i don't tell the media...

GB12
10-13-2007, 12:18 PM
Actually, he did. (maybe)

James, meanwhile, was added to the Vikings injury report Thursday because of a shoulder problem. It was not clear if the injury was sustained on the field or in the fight, according to the reports.http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3060050

Paul
10-13-2007, 12:27 PM
http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/24098

Apparently Erasmus James punched Chester Taylor, who picked up a chair and threw it, and the end result was McKinnie needing stiches above his eye.

This might be team specific, but come on, this is Jerry Springer quality stuff.

Childress: there are a lot of "tiffs" in a locker room.

Wow.

McKinnie: 'WTF, I wasn't even in the altercation."

Geo
10-13-2007, 12:35 PM
There's something about the Vikings of the last decade or so that makes this story not very surprising.

Vikes99ej
10-13-2007, 12:40 PM
I've known about this since Wednesday. It wasn't a "brawl", it was just a confrontation between James and Taylor. I'm glad it happened. Hopefully it's one of the things that leads up to Childress being fired.

Boston
10-13-2007, 12:51 PM
Well, this is good for the Vikings. They finally have somebody they can beat up on...

jballa838
10-13-2007, 12:58 PM
sounds like the Vikings cant even win in a fight with a teammate. there was no winner, and McKinnie needs stiches.

WMD
10-13-2007, 01:03 PM
I wish the Lions would've taken Erasmus James over - - - - in the 2005 Draft.. :(

Xonraider
10-13-2007, 04:28 PM
Exactly... why do we hear about this? If this happens in my lockerroom i don't tell the media...

Well, if a player ends up needing stitches, I'm sure somebody will begin asking questions...

TitanHope
10-13-2007, 05:47 PM
I agree with BF51. If the Vikings were able to get out their stress by a nice sexcapade on a Love Boat, then this would have never happened.

Nitschke-Hawk
10-13-2007, 07:26 PM
The Vikings need a coach like Bill Cowher. They already stop the run and run the ball, two of his pet peeves. I think he'd be a great fit.

The Dynasty
10-13-2007, 07:27 PM

Actually...I think in one of the reports on this said He injured his shoulder was questionable or something.

LonghornsLegend
10-13-2007, 07:49 PM
Sucks that the Vikings would actually be a playoff team this year if they had decent qb play..their defense is beastly and they have playmakers in place on offense

The Dynasty
10-13-2007, 07:52 PM
Sucks that the Vikings would actually be a playoff team this year if they had decent qb play..their defense is beastly and they have playmakers in place on offense

yeah all i can ask for is a guy who know what he is doing and is some what mobile enough to escape a pass rush.

Mr. Stiller
10-14-2007, 07:54 PM
The Vikings need a coach like Bill Cowher. They already stop the run and run the ball, two of his pet peeves. I think he'd be a great fit.

They also have a Mobile QB with iffy decision making and major inconsistency issues.

He'd feel at home.

yodabear
10-14-2007, 07:57 PM
I think the Vikings will start a trend for struggling teams.