PDA

View Full Version : RB2/3rd down back

Jakey
10-13-2007, 10:21 AM
If Najeh Davenport misses any time next year due to his recent run in with the law, do you think RB becomes a higher priority in the draft, or do you think Gary Russel the rookie out of minnesota could step up? Also we might look to add a free agent in the offseason, if so is there anybody you would like us to take a look at, or anyone you think they might bring in? Whats your thoughts on this?

skarocksoi
10-13-2007, 11:36 AM
I like Russell, but not as a 3rd down back. He's very young and raw and I doubt he would do well in pass protection as of now. Maybe in years to come, but not right now. If we did lose Najeh, I wouldnt be suprised to see Verron Haynes back in there, assuming he's kept in shape and can still play.

mikehop05
10-13-2007, 12:40 PM
i think willie might get more PT on 3rd downs if big najeh loses any games

skarocksoi
10-13-2007, 04:18 PM
This year, definitely. Next year, I would imagine they would bring in someone to at least spell Willie when he's tired.

Man_Of_Steel
10-13-2007, 04:41 PM
If Jonathan Stewart declares and is there for our pick no way we pass. Either way expect a day 1 RB to be taken by us.

skarocksoi
10-13-2007, 05:28 PM
Why do you say that? Jonathan Stewart would be great to have, but it seems like Tomlin wants to consistantly give Willie the majority of the carries, and Najeh does a good job of spelling him. Plus you have Russell as a guy for the future. Are you assuming Najeh will be gone or do you have other reasoning behind that?

Again, Stewart would be amazing, but I just dont see it happening.

Turtlepower
10-13-2007, 05:52 PM
If Jonathan Stewart declares and is there for our pick no way we pass. Either way expect a day 1 RB to be taken by us.

Ryan Torrain from ASU is a back I was just thinking of that complements Willie very well.

Man_Of_Steel
10-13-2007, 09:31 PM
Ryan Torrain from ASU is a back I was just thinking of that complements Willie very well.

Hes intresting, I just really want to see him bulk up and become the big fast prototype.

Mr. Stiller
10-14-2007, 07:33 PM
I like Russell, but not as a 3rd down back. He's very young and raw and I doubt he would do well in pass protection as of now. Maybe in years to come, but not right now. If we did lose Najeh, I wouldnt be suprised to see Verron Haynes back in there, assuming he's kept in shape and can still play.

He did in pre-season.. I knocked Justin Harrell and 1 other DT on his ass.

Does anyone forget we'd likely just sign Haynes back?

I had seen a picture of his wife 2 hours after this "Brutal Beating". She looks better than Most people on a daily basis, He must've brutally beat her with a pillow.

Man_Of_Steel
10-14-2007, 08:07 PM

I had seen a picture of his wife 2 hours after this "Brutal Beating". She looks better than Most people on a daily basis, He must've brutally beat her with a pillow.

Have your opinion, fine. But dont support and condoen abusing women.

Mr. Stiller
10-14-2007, 11:29 PM

Dude, If he did it, I seriously hope someone beats the **** out of him and he goes to prison.

I'm not condoning women beating period.

What I'm saying is, for the "Violent attack" she looks pretty damn unscathed.. i.e. she's making a bunch of ******** up to get him in trouble.

neko4
10-14-2007, 11:32 PM

Justin Harrell sucks doo-dooo
Anyway, Alley Brousard 7th round

Mr. Stiller
10-14-2007, 11:35 PM
Justin Harrell sucks doo-dooo
Anyway, Alley Brousard 7th round

We don't have a 7th rounder. Allen Rossum.

I want Adrain Smith in UDFA.

DeathbyStat
10-15-2007, 07:22 AM
I would maybe like James Davis in the second round.....thats a maybe

Man_Of_Steel
10-15-2007, 12:25 PM
I would maybe like James Davis in the second round.....thats a maybe

Personally I really like the kid, but feel he is a 3rd rounder with the depth at RB this year.

Mr. Stiller
10-16-2007, 01:40 PM
Davenport says he’s the victim and has the scratch marks to prove it. Person claims Davenport assaulted her.

“He did not assault her. The police that responded on scene took photographs – he wound up being scratched on his face which drew blood,”

http://kdka.com/topstories/local_story_288202157.html

Watch the video, does that look like a woman who had the **** beat out of her like she claims?

Another Example of how a guy gets screwed, he's not allowed to have visitation rights to HIS son.

A man will never win custody unless the wife is a junkie or alcoholic. Pathetic.

Mr. Stiller
10-17-2007, 01:11 PM

Thanks for the neg without understanding my claim.

Man_Of_Steel
10-17-2007, 03:43 PM
Thanks for the neg without understanding my claim.

Wow your no saint, you neg repped me too, who cares.

mikehop05
10-17-2007, 06:10 PM
now boys, play nice.