PDA

View Full Version : Schottenheimer and Parcells GM (Rumor)

Splat
10-13-2007, 04:12 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors

There's talk in league circles that former Chargers, Redskins, Chiefs, and Browns head coach Marty Schottenheimer wants to return to the NFL. But not as a head coach.

The scuttlebutt is that Marty wants to come back as a General Manager.

It wouldn't be the first time that a former coach looked to move upstairs, and Schottenheimer (if the rumors are true) wouldn't be the only former chef who's currently looking to only be the guy who buys the groceries. Bill Parcells is believed to be interested in coming back to the NFL in a G.M.-only role.

bearsfan_51
10-13-2007, 04:17 PM
Parcells has a good eye for talent, but he would have to surround himself with good people that understand the semantics of contract negotiations and what not.

JK17
10-13-2007, 04:32 PM
Eh, not suprised Marty would be interested, he liked trying to do a lot of this as a HC....like bf51 said for Parcells though, he would need a lot of people around him to ensure he properly negotiated contracts and what not...

cowboyz
10-13-2007, 06:04 PM
parcells would be a great gm. but i think he only wants to do it in NY.

yourfavestoner
10-14-2007, 08:01 AM
parcells would be a great gm. but i think he only wants to do it in NY.

BBD's dream come true.

10-14-2007, 08:45 AM
werent there already rumors during last season when he was still coaching the cowboys that he was gonna step down after the season to fill the vacant job to be the NYG GM? anyways now thats spots taken and i dont know many other places he would consider.

neko4
10-14-2007, 11:44 AM
I would love to see Marty as the Chargers GM

Mr. Stiller
10-14-2007, 07:50 PM
Parcells has a good eye for talent, but he would have to surround himself with good people that understand the semantics of contract negotiations and what not.

Agreed.

I'd love to have Parcells eye for Talent, perfect for our 3-4. I would love to have Parcells as Gm and Colbert as Asst. GM.