PDA

View Full Version : DL Trevor Laws

Big_Pete
10-13-2007, 07:09 PM
How does Trevor Laws rate as a prospect??

Trevor Laws seems very under rated.

Scott has him at 6-1, 295, 5.00, which is decent physical tools.

He has been playing LDE in Notre Dame's 3-4, but I think he would be a very good prospect inside in a 4-3

as a three-time All-American wrestler he is certainly very strong, can use his hands well and knows all about leverage.

Laws has been having a very produtive season, but no-one seems to be noticing (eg: Scott has him listed as the #13 DT):

6 GP, 46 tackles (22 solo, 24 assist), 5.5 TFL (32 yards), 2.0 Sacks (20 yards), 4 BrUp, 3 QBH, 2 FR (0 Yards)

Could Laws bulk up a little and play NT?? He is a similar height and only around 15 LBs lighter than Michigan NT Terrance Taylor (another former champion Wrestler)

moc182
10-14-2007, 02:03 AM
I think Laws has an outside shot at the first, and is a sure fire 2nd rounder. Although I dont think nose tackle is his ideal fit, I certainly think he could be more than adequate, but I love him as a classic 3 tech.

SuperKevin
10-14-2007, 02:05 AM
I think Laws has an outside shot at the first, and is a sure fire 2nd rounder. Although I dont think nose tackle is his ideal fit, I certainly think he could be more than adequate, but I love him as a classic 3 tech.

The DT class is way too deep for Laws to get picked in the 1st two rounds. Guys like Dorsey, Okam, Ellis, Bryant, Moore, Pressley, and Fluellen will easily get picked ahead of him

IrishBrowns
10-14-2007, 06:16 PM
I could definitely see him continue to be a 3-4 DE in the NFL. This guy is an athlete, and has the size. Much more athletic than his stature indicates, and just makes plays in any way....he has blocked 5 kicks in his career, too. It's also hard to stand out with such a horrible defense

Hines
10-14-2007, 10:52 PM
i really really like him..i like him better then mcbean which the steelers drafted..i hope the steelers get laws

moc182
10-14-2007, 11:28 PM
The DT class is way too deep for Laws to get picked in the 1st two rounds. Guys like Dorsey, Okam, Ellis, Bryant, Moore, Pressley, and Fluellen will easily get picked ahead of him

Ehh, I wouldn't say that. Dorsey and Ellis are locks for the first round, but other than that it's pretty wide open. Laws has been incredible this year, and at a position valued as much as dt 8-10 could easily go in the first two rounds, and I wouldn't write Laws off as not being in that range.