PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Riley

TheMikey10
10-13-2007, 09:47 PM
with any luck will never see the field again except to hold. that was an unacceptable decision

doingthisinsteadofwork
10-13-2007, 09:48 PM
well we also do have Brock Mansion.And Beau Sweeney will be here next year so......hopefully not.

yo123
10-13-2007, 09:49 PM
That was a terrible decision. But to be fair he did lead them on that drive to begin with. Most people thought that game was over. But that was still a horrible play.

TheMikey10
10-13-2007, 09:50 PM
im holding out hope that mansion is a solid QB, or sweeney, riley had a decent game, but i dont think you can ever trust a guy again after that, regardless of his year in school

doingthisinsteadofwork
10-13-2007, 09:54 PM
If there was any year for a while for Cal to go to the NC it was this year.Were losing all of our experienced WRs after this year,TE,Forsett,and maybe 3 OL.We'll still have a good run game but our passing game will struggle.The only guys returning who have any experience as recievers are Best and Moorah.Thank you Kevin Riley you dumb****.

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
10-13-2007, 09:55 PM
If there was any year for a while for Cal to go to the NC it was this year.Were losing all of our experienced WRs after this year,TE,Forsett,and maybe 3 OL.We'll still have a good run game but our passing game will struggle.The only guys returning who have any experience as recievers are Best and Moorah.Thank you Kevin Riley you dumb****.

What happened, I didn't see the game. Where was Nate Longshore?

M.O.T.H.
10-13-2007, 09:56 PM
You'll def. see Riley again...4 star recruit w/ tons of upside...you can't give up on him after one bad decision...good lord.

Windy
10-13-2007, 09:56 PM
What happened, I didn't see the game. Where was Nate Longshore?

ankle injury.

yo123
10-13-2007, 09:57 PM
You'll def. see Riley again...4 star recruit w/ tons of upside...you can't give up on him after one bad decision...good lord.

very true. If Cal's defense could stop somebody that game would have been a blowout. He really didnt play bad at all outside of the last play.

Ewing
10-13-2007, 09:57 PM
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f130/Ewing21403/4chan/blacklol.jpg

gigatie
10-13-2007, 09:58 PM
In all fairness, he made some good throws in the game. Way better then what I expected him to do. Started slow and put the team in a position to tie or win. That last decision though will of course be the only thing that matters tomorrow. But I really thought he played well and if Longshore is out for any longer then I still feel we have a good shot. Wish Kyle Reed hadn't left though.

TheMikey10
10-13-2007, 09:58 PM
i suppose i jumped the gun a little bit on saying hopefully hell never see the field. But i'm not sure us cal fans can ever forgive him for that

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
10-13-2007, 10:00 PM
I know I played with Cal in dynasty on ncaa 07 and Longshore left so I had Kevin Riley, and after the first half he was 4-18, 35 yards, 2 INT's, no TD's, then I had put in Kyle Reed, he goes 10-15, 146 yards, 2 TD's no INT's and the rest is history lol.

doingthisinsteadofwork
10-13-2007, 10:00 PM
well if Tedford plays the best player which he should.He'll have to beat out Sweeney and Mansion.

doingthisinsteadofwork
10-13-2007, 10:01 PM
i suppose i jumped the gun a little bit on saying hopefully hell never see the field. But i'm not sure us cal fans can ever forgive him for that
Just like I said were losing alot of offensive talent this season.This year we could have gone to the NC.We can still win the Pac Ten though.

TheMikey10
10-13-2007, 10:08 PM
yeah, the rose bowl is still viable. This team could win the Pac 10 if nate comes back. Next year if Tha1 comes back we might have a shot in the dark. But god the Hawk has been amazing, and as good as the Jet has been he really is no Forsett right now. As an aside im going to be angry if we are ranked behind Oregon or $C tomorrow.

gigatie
10-13-2007, 10:14 PM
Realistically where would Cal be ranked? USC was number 2 at home and lost to a conference opponent at home and dropped 8 spots to number 10. Do we drop that far or do we not have the respect to stay there? Is Top 15 the best possibility now?

TheMikey10
10-13-2007, 10:17 PM
well, seeing the precedent set by $C's falling, and the fact that we beat oregon and have the same record, we deserve to be ahead of Oregon and $C really, as our loss is not near as bad $C's was. I think we deserve # 9 or 10. but, knowing the media's desire to ride $C's shaft, well likely see cal drop below $C, meaning 11 or 12 at the best. missouri lost so maybe we stay ahead of them, but id say best case scenario 12th, worst case, 15th or so

doingthisinsteadofwork
10-14-2007, 12:22 AM
We should be ahead of USC in the rankings.We beat both Oregon and Tennesee.Not to mention USC hasnt looked good this year.that being said I wont be suprised to see us behind them in the rankings.

Geo
10-14-2007, 12:56 AM
There's no excuse.

And as for not trying the spike, and taking the ball with him? I don't even know what to say about that, words fail me.

It shouldn't take Jeff Tedford to tell the young man that he can't get sacked with only 17 seconds remaining on the clock. In very favorable field goal range, with no timeouts.

kwilk103
10-14-2007, 01:01 AM
idk, i think they should have kicked the fg

i mean tedford should have known he had a young qb making his 1st start, and with no timeouts, you knew that was a real possibility

Geo
10-14-2007, 01:04 AM
It probably was too greedy in retrospect, but the Bears defense was having trouble against Oregon State all day and they had more than enough time for at least one shot at the endzone to win it. It's not like Riley didn't have time to throw the ball away.

DChess
10-14-2007, 02:56 AM
you kidding me? freshman making his first start ever, making one bad descion? damn you guys get on them early. (pun intended, not really). from what ive seen he made tons of great throws, and that final drive was very impressive up until the last play, dont get down on this kids, i know this is probably your only chance to be #1 in a while but give him a break.

Ewing
10-14-2007, 03:04 AM
you kidding me? freshman making his first start ever, making one bad descion? damn you guys get on them early. (pun intended, not really). from what ive seen he made tons of great throws, and that final drive was very impressive up until the last play, dont get down on this kids, i know this is probably your only chance to be #1 in a while but give him a break.

I'm not even a Cal fan but that guy should never see the field again. Because of his stupidity the game was blown. Had he just ran out of bounds or thrown the ball out they could have kicked the tieing field goal. Instead he ran around and tried to be a hero and blew the season for them.

Ewing
10-14-2007, 03:38 AM
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f130/Ewing21403/RileyFailure.jpg

Just made it a few minutes ago.

duckseason
10-14-2007, 03:55 AM
I'm not even a Cal fan but that guy should never see the field again. Because of his stupidity the game was blown. Had he just ran out of bounds or thrown the ball out they could have kicked the tieing field goal. Instead he ran around and tried to be a hero and blew the season for them.

Funny how people fail to realize that without him, they wouldn't have even been in position to tie or win the game. Yes, I realize Cal would have been much better off with Longshore in the game, and I think they would have won, but Riley stepped in and had a pretty good game and nearly pulled out a tough come from behind victory. Imo, he did just about all you could ask of him up to that point. And give credit to the OSU defense. Once Laroque got a hand on Riley, he brought him down with a good amount of force. That happened very quickly. Very tough to throw the ball away in that situation without making it look like a fumble. He should never have crossed the LOS in the first place, but put yourself in his position on that play. He's programmed as a QB to not throw the ball away while in the pocket, and to not throw it once he's passed the LOS. It was a nightmare, and Riley is to blame on that play, but let's not act as though the loss is entirely on his shoulders. Give credit to OSU, and recognize the fact that there were many other opportunities in that game that were blown by other Cal players.