PDA

View Full Version : Tony Gonzalez is the All Time TD King for TEs

SuperKevin
10-14-2007, 01:50 PM
I figured if Brett Favre gets a thread everytime he wipes his ass, Tony Gonzalez deserves a thread for this achievement. One of the best recieving TEs of all time finally gets his name at the top of the record books.

Too bad Antonio Gates will break it in like 3 years

Turtlepower
10-14-2007, 01:52 PM
I figured if Brett Favre gets a thread everytime he wipes his ass, Tony Gonzalez deserves a thread for this achievement. One of the best recieving TEs of all time finally gets his name at the top of the record books.

Too bad Antonio Gates will break it in like 3 years

I wonder what would have happened if KC ever got a good receiver on that team...

Jakey
10-14-2007, 02:09 PM
Congrats to Gonzo!

osi+ap=allshallperish
10-14-2007, 03:19 PM
I wonder what would have happened if KC ever got a good receiver on that team...

Dwayne Bowe say hi to turlepower.

T-RICH49
10-14-2007, 03:39 PM
Way To Go Gonzo!!!!!!

Geo
10-14-2007, 04:22 PM
Easily one of the best tight ends of his era, he'll be joining Willie Roaf and Will Shields in Canton.

Turtlepower
10-14-2007, 04:23 PM
Easily one of the best tight end of his era, he'll be joining Willie Roaf and Will Shields in Canton.

Agreed. People also seem to forget that he is a pretty good blocking TE as well.

princefielder28
10-14-2007, 04:43 PM
He'd have more if he wasn't used so much for blockng b/c KC has lost so many quality linemen

Splat
10-14-2007, 05:02 PM
He is still the best all around TE in the game hands down Gates is better in the passing game but he is not the all around player Gonzo is.

Splat
10-14-2007, 07:19 PM
What are you going to do with the ball? Im going to give it to my brother. Hes the first person that threw me a football when I was younger. I remember we were out of the house and he was like, Come on, come out and play with me across the street, and I hated football. He dragged me by my shirt literally and said Cmon, youre going to play catch with me. Ever since then, I liked the sport and it was something I was good at. He gets it. My mom got the tie-breaker [ball]. Hes actually here today. It was good to get it done in front of him.

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2007/10/14/tony_gonzalez_postgame_comments__bengals/

JK17
10-14-2007, 07:24 PM
He is still the best all around TE in the game hands down Gates is better in the passing game but he is not the all around player Gonzo is.

I don't agree with that, just because Gates is a good receiver, doesn't make him a bad blocker...he gets the job done when he has to block too. As good as Gonzo at blocking, probably not, but I think he's good enough to have it compensate with the type of receiver he is.

doingthisinsteadofwork
10-14-2007, 07:47 PM
Congrats to Gonazalez.

JK17
10-14-2007, 07:50 PM
Congrats to Gonazalez.

Oh yeah, I probably should have included that in my post somwhere too, instead of just arguing Gates case.

Great accomplishmnet, great career, great player...lousy team ;)... Congratulations.