PDA

View Full Version : The official i want to marry AD thread...

stephenson86
10-14-2007, 05:28 PM
I for one, love this guy

hes going to be the next best thing

TACKLE
10-14-2007, 05:33 PM
20 carries, 224 yds, 3 TD's, 11.2 ypc.

He's a rookie playing against the Bears D. Absolutely Disgusting.

Nitschke-Hawk
10-14-2007, 05:35 PM
He's never returned kicks in college I think and he's had 2 big returns as a part time returner in the NFL. 1 big one a few games ago and today he got them in field goal position to kick the winning field goal. Amazing.

PoopSandwich
10-14-2007, 05:35 PM
If we hadn't picked up Jamal Lewis he was who I wanted... Peterson was my favorite college player by far, I love watching him play.

HoopsDemon12
10-14-2007, 05:41 PM
I cry every time i think he "COULD" have fallen to us.. that was my dream.. nothing against lynch.. he just isnt AD

The Dynasty
10-14-2007, 05:51 PM
I've been thankful ever since April 28th when we took Peterson.

draftguru151
10-14-2007, 06:16 PM
So where are all the Lynch>Peterson guys? :D

http://profile.ak.facebook.com/object/233/17/n2231363140_34008.jpg

Windy
10-14-2007, 06:25 PM

<===========

Geo
10-14-2007, 06:27 PM
I love both, but AD is AD.

Aka Man Child aka Zeus.

:)

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
10-14-2007, 06:47 PM
Marshawn will be good, but Adrian Peterson is gonna be spectacular. I have never seen anybody run like him.

10-14-2007, 06:52 PM
Marshawn will be good, but Adrian Peterson is gonna be spectacular. I have never seen anybody run like him.

will be better then LT once its all said and done if u ask me

Splat
10-14-2007, 07:06 PM
will be better then LT once its all said and done if u ask me

Slow down let him get a few years under his belt first.

Staubach12
10-14-2007, 07:13 PM
Yes, he is very very good. He's got a very bright future if the injury bug doesn't get to him.

doingthisinsteadofwork
10-14-2007, 07:15 PM
I said this before the draft.

soybean
10-14-2007, 07:16 PM
Slow down let him get a few years under his belt first.

he's on pace to have a much better rookie year with less carries. If they continue to give him the rock.

plus they were inherited in almost equally bad teams.

yodabear
10-14-2007, 07:17 PM
Who cares? He is gonna break a collarbone next week. He doesn't play for the Pats or Colts, so he is irrelevant.

Geo
10-14-2007, 07:19 PM
Please edit that, yoda. Your future sight is eerily good, and I don't want anything happen to AD.

Splat
10-14-2007, 07:22 PM
he's on pace to have a much better rookie year with less carries. If they continue to give him the rock.

plus they were inherited in almost equally bad teams.

That is all well and good but to say he will be better then the best RB in the game maybe of all time after half a season is a little much maybe it is just me?

Shiver
10-14-2007, 07:23 PM
This has been an inevitability ever since he stepped unto the field as a freshman at Oklahoma. He could have left for the NFL straight out of high school and been a good player. He is a great talent and will take LaDainian Tomlinson's crown as the NFL's best RB in a few years. I laugh when I think of last year when people preferred Reggie Bush, and even Marshawn Lynch, over him as prospects.

Bills2083
10-14-2007, 07:26 PM

I have always wanted AD over Lynch. Nothing against Lynch though. I was really hoping that somehow Peterson would fall to us at #12. I knew the chances were slim, but if he got past the Vikings, he was ours.

I think that Lynch will be good though :)

yodabear
10-14-2007, 07:28 PM
Please edit that, yoda. Your future sight is eerily good, and I don't want anything happen to AD.

I said the Rams were starting 4-2 and going 11-5. Yeah, I see the future.

LonghornsLegend
He could have left for the NFL straight out of high school and been a good player.

Yep, there was actually an article in the Dallas Morning News talking about how athletic he was coming out of high school and he was good enough to make some teams at 18, he is everything I thought he would be since then...If the browns would of took him and Quinn, it would of almost been worth taking a LT later, they would of been able to make the playoffs this year

JK17
This has been an inevitability ever since he stepped unto the field as a freshman at Oklahoma. He could have left for the NFL straight out of high school and been a good player. He is a great talent and will take LaDainian Tomlinson's crown as the NFL's best RB in a few years. I laugh when I think of last year when people preferred Reggie Bush, and even Marshawn Lynch, over him as prospects.

He wanted to leave for the NFL sraight out of high school.....I may be wrong but could've sworn I saw something about if Clarett won his case he was going to try and enter the draft? Maybe I have the years off though not really sure.

Anyway, he sure looks good out there...I wouldn't be suprised either to see him overtake LT in a couple years.

Shiver
10-14-2007, 07:29 PM
I bet the Bucs wish they had Adrian Peterson...

Ewing
10-14-2007, 07:30 PM
I bet the Bucs wish they had Adrian Peterson...

I bet every team that picked 1-6 wish they had Adrian Peterson.

M.O.T.H.
10-14-2007, 07:31 PM
nah your right...when Clarett temporarily opened the door...AD considered going and some scouts said he could have been a 1st right then and there.

Shiver
10-14-2007, 07:33 PM
I bet every team that picked 1-6 wish they had Adrian Peterson.

Yeah, you are right. I'm sure the Vikings are thrilled that everyone got scared off by a fluke collarbone injury.

JK17
10-14-2007, 07:33 PM
nah your right...when Clarett temporarily opened the door...AD considered going and some scouts said he could have been a 1st right then and there.

It's weird to think where he'd be at right now if he had...not even if he played, he might have sat until he was a little more experienced (after all HS speed is not NFL speed), but still, just that extra NFL experience going into this year....scary stuff.

eaglesfan_45
10-14-2007, 07:48 PM
:eek: I just read on NFl.com that he is second on the rookie running through five games list he is only 38 yards behind Erick Dickerson for the lead. Amazing

BuckNaked
10-14-2007, 07:50 PM
He's the man, but I do not wish to marry him. Although, marrying Erin Andrews would be pretty damn good.

CC.SD
10-14-2007, 07:51 PM
Wow not one but TWO LT supporters in this thread saying AD will be better than him? You should be ashamed of yourselves.

bored of education
10-14-2007, 07:52 PM
He reminds me of TD with a better burst?

is that legit?

JK17
10-14-2007, 07:53 PM
Wow not one but TWO LT supporters in this thread saying AD will be better than him? You should be ashamed of yourselves.

It's not inevitable...I dind't say better then LT now, but its not inconceivable to think he may be, or that he'll at least take the spot at #1 in the leauge..

LT is God, AD is Jesus.

Splat
10-14-2007, 07:54 PM
:eek: I just read on NFl.com that he is second on the rookie running through five games list he is only 38 yards behind Erick Dickerson for the lead. Amazing

ED has to be the most underrated RB of all time rookie stats.

1,808 yards 4.6 avg 18 TD's

http://www.ramsusa.com/dickerson.html

Shiver
10-14-2007, 07:54 PM

It is going to be very hard for Peterson to have a better career than Tomlinson. He'll have to stay healthy and productive for seven, eight years. Tomlinson's toughness and durability set him apart. I do think Peterson will be better in a few years as Tomlinson nears the big 3-0.

Geo
10-14-2007, 08:10 PM
I hope Peterson (and Addai) stays as healthy as Tomlinson has. The rest will work itself out from there.

The Unseen
10-14-2007, 08:11 PM
Yeah, you are right. I'm sure the Vikings are thrilled that everyone got scared off by a fluke collarbone injury.

So true. It's that type of over-procrastination that annoys be about the NFL draft.

ks_perfection
10-14-2007, 08:34 PM
A bigger factor in AP falling was teams drafting right before them didn't have a need at RB. Wash has Portis, Arizona James, TB has Cadillac (he looked alot better at the time).

Man_Of_Steel
10-14-2007, 08:35 PM
Give AD more touches!!!!!!! He was sittin at 13 for the longest time. He is awesome, what more can you say.

The Unseen
10-14-2007, 08:37 PM
A bigger factor in AP falling was teams drafting right before them didn't have a need at RB. Wash has Portis, Arizona James, TB has Cadillac (he looked alot better at the time).

True. I just hate how much teams nitpick on players before the draft. It's their job, but sometimes they take it to an unnecessary level, especially on the injury front.

10-14-2007, 08:41 PM
Give AD more touches!!!!!!! He was sittin at 13 for the longest time. He is awesome, what more can you say.

yea chestor taylor had more carries this week lol

Caddy
10-14-2007, 08:44 PM
It's a shame the Vikings don't have a passing game.

Shiver
10-14-2007, 08:44 PM

I can understand Washington passing on him. I think Arizona and Tampa Bay can justifiably be scrutinized for passing on Adrian Peterson. Arizona reached, badly too, for Levi Brown. Tampa Bay put too much faith in a very fragile Carnell "Cadillac" Williams.

Man_Of_Steel
10-14-2007, 08:45 PM

Advice to Peterson- Throw chairs at teamates, the coaches love it and you get more carries.

draftguru151
10-14-2007, 08:48 PM
I can understand Washington passing on him. I think Arizona and Tampa Bay can justifiably be scrutinized for passing on Adrian Peterson. Arizona reached, badly too, for Levi Brown. Tampa Bay put too much faith in a very fragile Carnell "Cadillac" Williams.

There is no way the Bucs could have taken Peterson. It's easy to say that now but the Adams pick was the right one at the time. The Cards taking Brown on the other hand....

10-14-2007, 08:50 PM
There is no way the Bucs could have taken Peterson. It's easy to say that now but the Adams pick was the right one at the time. The Cards taking Brown on the other hand....

they have edge i kno hes not AD but much better then cadillac

Moses
10-14-2007, 08:52 PM
Peterson also returns kicks. You don't want to pile too many carries on him or he'll end up like Carnell Williams.

Moses
10-14-2007, 08:53 PM

Why take Peterson when you have Edge (a solid NFL runningback) who failed to run behind your offensive line. People knew for years that no runningback in the league would be successful behind that offensive line.

CC.SD
10-14-2007, 09:00 PM
I do like AD a lot, but I think he's got a long way to go before he even starts breathing LT's air.

Sucks for Cleveland; they have now officially passed on LT and AD.

Bills2083
10-14-2007, 09:01 PM
Peterson also returns kicks. You don't want to pile too many carries on him or he'll end up like Carnell Williams.

Larry Johnson?

PoopSandwich
10-14-2007, 09:03 PM

I can guarantee you Browns fans are ecstatic with Joe Thomas.

draftguru151
10-14-2007, 09:04 PM
Edge is a lot older than Caddy. A combo of him and AD for a few years would have been good for both players. The Cardinals were also rumored to be interested in Peterson.

10-14-2007, 09:05 PM
its hard to tell now but who will have a better career jamarcus russell or adrian peterson?

Shiver
10-14-2007, 09:05 PM
Why take Peterson when you have Edge (a solid NFL runningback) who failed to run behind your offensive line. People knew for years that no runningback in the league would be successful behind that offensive line.

I don't care who you have, you don't reach on a top-15 talent (Levi Brown) simply for need when you have a superstar like Adrian Peterson available. Edgerrin James is hardly young either.

draftguru151
10-14-2007, 09:07 PM

Because the gap between the talent of players trumped the difference between the need.

BrownsTown
10-14-2007, 09:07 PM
I can guarantee you Browns fans are ecstatic with Joe Thomas.

Pretty much what I was about to post. The Oline is reasons #1-50,000 why this team is actually not sucky.

draftguru151
10-14-2007, 09:09 PM
Yea, definitely can't knock the Browns for taking Peterson. As amazing at Peterson is Thomas will likely have the better career.

10-14-2007, 09:11 PM
Yea, definitely can't knock the Browns for taking Peterson. As amazing at Peterson is Thomas will likely have the better career.

your pretty much saying he will be the top LT in the league for a very long time...very high praise

GB12
10-14-2007, 09:14 PM
It's a shame he's a Viking.

Vikes99ej
10-14-2007, 09:22 PM
It's a shame he's a Viking.

LOL, I remember how bad you guys wanted him before the draft... you guys would be even better this year if you had him.

Shiver
10-14-2007, 09:28 PM

Longevity maybe, but overall impact?

The Dynasty
10-14-2007, 09:28 PM
Peterson is playing like he is a 5 year veteran. He has taking this team on his shoulder and doing everything he can to help his team win. He has been an amazing back so far and i really hope it continues. I cant wait to see how he does against dallas when he goes back to Texas for the first time as a NFL Running Back. It should be exciting.

Also I personally dont like all the talk that Peterson will be better or just as good at LT. Settle down its 5 games. Yeah Peterson has shown that he is a great running back so far but not to the point of lt. Where last year there was talk about LT being the Best Running Back Ever. So I personally dont like the comparsin yet.

If Peterson continues he will win OROY.

draftguru151
10-14-2007, 09:30 PM
Thomas will likely play more years and LT>RB. Peterson will probably be more dominant but it won't be for that long of a period. I have no doubt Thomas will be dominant for the next 10 years.

Moses
10-14-2007, 09:36 PM
Thomas will likely play more years and LT>RB. Peterson will probably be more dominant but it won't be for that long of a period. I have no doubt Thomas will be dominant for the next 10 years.

That's one of the most ridiculous predictions I've heard. You have zero doubt that a player will dominate his position for a decade?

draftguru151
10-14-2007, 09:38 PM
How is that ridiculous at all more or less the most ridiculous prediction you've ever heard? Baring injury I see no reason why Thomas isn't a dominant LT for 10 years.

BUSTKUNTLAWL
10-14-2007, 09:45 PM
He probably already is the best pure runner in the NFL.

energizerbunny
10-14-2007, 09:57 PM
As I stated throughout the entire draft process, AD is already in his prime and will have the biggest impact in his first 5 years than any other player in this draft. Vikings can thank all these other teams for over assessing the minor injury concerns with AD

Moses
10-14-2007, 10:21 PM
How is that ridiculous at all more or less the most ridiculous prediction you've ever heard? Baring injury I see no reason why Thomas isn't a dominant LT for 10 years.

To say a player will dominate for a decade six games into his rookie season is insane.

BrownsTown
10-14-2007, 10:22 PM
To say a player will dominate for a decade six games into his rookie season is insane.

How is this different from what people are saying about AD, or what people say about players before they're drafted?

Crazy_Chris
10-14-2007, 11:26 PM

Not really Chester Taylor had 24 Rushes but Adrian Peterson had 25 total Touches; 20 Rushes 1 Reception and 4 Kick Returns. IMO 25 is the perfect amount for adrian right now.

Moses
10-14-2007, 11:53 PM
How is this different from what people are saying about AD, or what people say about players before they're drafted?

Nobody in their right mind says that without a doubt that a player will dominate for a decade.

geaux tigers
10-15-2007, 12:06 AM
i wonder how high AD would've gone if he was allowed to enter the draft after his freshman yr in 05' with Ronnie Brown, Benson, and Cadillac. I almost want to think AD would've been the 2nd player taken, behind only Alex Smith.

Ewing
10-15-2007, 12:16 AM
Peterson is playing like he is a 5 year veteran. He has taking this team on his shoulder and doing everything he can to help his team win. He has been an amazing back so far and i really hope it continues. I cant wait to see how he does against dallas when he goes back to Texas for the first time as a NFL Running Back. It should be exciting.

Also I personally dont like all the talk that Peterson will be better or just as good at LT. Settle down its 5 games. Yeah Peterson has shown that he is a great running back so far but not to the point of lt. Where last year there was talk about LT being the Best Running Back Ever. So I personally dont like the comparsin yet.

If Peterson keeps this up he will not only be OROY he may be Offensive Player Of The Year, period.

BigDawg819
10-15-2007, 01:06 AM
http://todiamonds.com/images/ring_a086.jpg

Lets set a date! :D

M.O.T.H.
10-15-2007, 01:29 AM
You call that a rock?

http://www.shapirodiamonds.com/galleryimages/white/4.11big.jpg

10-15-2007, 01:29 AM
Marriage already?

You have only been seeing him for six weeks!!

B-Dawk
10-15-2007, 01:55 AM
part of the reason that AD is doing so well in minny is their run blocking line, if cleveland had taken him he would not be doing nearly as well, while joe thomas has helped to solidify that now and should develop into a stud left tackle for the future

Flyboy
10-15-2007, 02:07 AM
part of the reason that AD is doing so well in minny is their run blocking line, if cleveland had taken him he would not be doing nearly as well, while joe thomas has helped to solidify that now and should develop into a stud left tackle for the future

Yeah, that left side of the offensive line is just insane. Not to take anything away from AD though because he is indeed a beast, but it's worth mentioning.

Flyboy
10-15-2007, 02:11 AM

Very nice post, Dynasty. Kudos.

Flyboy
10-15-2007, 02:13 AM

Going with the BPA logic. I was the Cardinals at another forum for a forum mock and I took AD at #5.

Turtlepower
10-15-2007, 02:14 AM
Going with the BPA logic. I was the Cardinals at another forum for a forum mock and I took AD at #5.

You can't run the ball without a stable o-line and that is why they got Levi Brown. Thankfully, AD has one of the better o-lines in the league at his disposal.

Flyboy
10-15-2007, 02:16 AM
Levi Brown has not been the main reason the Cardinals o-line is better this season. He's helped them, yes, but a lot of goes to Russ Grimm as well.

Turtlepower
10-15-2007, 02:19 AM
Levi Brown has not been the main reason the Cardinals o-line is better this season. He's helped them, yes, but a lot of goes to Russ Grimm as well.

I agree about that, but would Peterson really have been the answer for them. I always will take need over BPA, unless the need isn't that severe. For the Cards, it was.

It is the same argument that Cowboys fans are having with taking D-Mac this year. I think it would be a bad idea because they have bigger needs then a RB. It is all a different philosophy.

Flyboy
10-15-2007, 02:26 AM
I agree about that, but would Peterson really have been the answer for them. I always will take need over BPA, unless the need isn't that severe. For the Cards, it was.

It is the same argument that Cowboys fans are having with taking D-Mac this year. I think it would be a bad idea because they have bigger needs then a RB. It is all a different philosophy.

99% of the time I'm in the BPA category, but that's just me.

BlindSite
10-15-2007, 02:59 AM

Lets see him last a full 16 games and break a few records, and win a few MVPs AND do all of the above consistently before we even think about mentioning him in the same sentence at LT.

Scar
10-15-2007, 11:13 AM
He does look great. Keep in mind though, that it came against a banged up Bears defense with gaping holes at DT, CB, & S. The Bears are just plain lousy in terms of adjusting their defensive scheme when they need to as well, it's almost as if they refuse to do it. It's a pretty favorable matchup running behind Hutchinson at McKinnie at Mark Anderson (a pass rusher), Hunter Hillenmeyer (all heart, no speed), and Danielle Manning (couldn't tackle an elderly nun). Peterson looked like, and is, very good player, but let's hold off on enshrining the guy for a least a few more weeks, eh?

Diehard
10-15-2007, 11:27 AM
Lets see him last a full 16 games and break a few records, and win a few MVPs AND do all of the above consistently before we even think about mentioning him in the same sentence at LT.

I'm not at all surprised he's making an immediate impact, as he had all the makings of a real NFL RB. However, I have some concerns about how long he is going to be able to play at this level - I wouldn't be surprised if he only lasts 3-5 years before he wears out. He's been dinged up a lot, and those injuries take their toll over time.

Addict
10-15-2007, 11:33 AM
Marriage already?

You have only been seeing him for six weeks!!

it just feels so right...

CannedToast
10-15-2007, 11:36 AM
Hey, if anyone hasn't seen the highlights...

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d803425c4

Scar
10-15-2007, 11:36 AM
I'm not at all surprised he's making an immediate impact, as he had all the makings of a real NFL RB. However, I have some concerns about how long he is going to be able to play at this level - I wouldn't be surprised if he only lasts 3-5 years before he wears out. He's been dinged up a lot, and those injuries take their toll over time.

Exactly...I've got a hunch we're looking at Gayle Sayers v2.0 here

Shiver
10-15-2007, 01:26 PM

Oh, I don't think he'll have as good of a career. I am talking about two or three years down the line when Peterson is in his 'prime' and Tomlinson has reached the dreaded 30-year "RB wall."

Moses
10-15-2007, 03:23 PM
Oh, I don't think he'll have as good of a career. I am talking about two or three years down the line when Peterson is in his 'prime' and Tomlinson has reached the dreaded 30-year "RB wall."

In 3 years Tomlinson will be 31 with 10 years of NFL experience, and likely 10 years of 300+ carries. I would be surprised if he was anywhere near the level of productivity he is at now.

PACKmanN
10-15-2007, 05:00 PM
You guys wait until the Bills get an o-line as good as the Vikings. Also you have to give credit to the left side of the Vikings line they are the main reason why he getting those yards.

BuckNaked
10-15-2007, 05:33 PM
You guys wait until the Bills get an o-line as good as the Vikings. Also you have to give credit to the left side of the Vikings line they are the main reason why he getting those yards.

You're factoring out that the right side is pretty horrible. The left side is a bit overrated too. Hutchinson is as good as advertised, but McKinnie is not as good as people believe he is(though he is still very good and Birk is getting up there in age.

yo123
10-15-2007, 05:58 PM

Actually for some reason we run to the right just as much if not more as we do to the left, and Hicks and Cook....nuff said.

10-15-2007, 07:46 PM
Actually for some reason we run to the right just as much if not more as we do to the left, and Hicks and Cook....nuff said.

yep some of his big runs to the right side are proof of that..check the highlights

d34ng3l021
10-18-2007, 12:08 AM
We were THIS close to drafting him. THIS close.

But the Vikings hadda pull a stupid BPA and take him.