PDA

View Full Version : Will NE lose a game this season?

Splat
10-14-2007, 07:34 PM
I'm thinking no as of now.

The only teams that even have a chance are Pitt,Indy and B-More out of the teams they have left to play IMO and that is just being nice.:)

Staubach12
10-14-2007, 07:36 PM
I say no. They're just on a whole other level.

JK17
10-14-2007, 07:37 PM
Looking at it quite honestly, there's no logical reason they should lose a game. They are better then everyone else they play, almost every time. The only games i "see" them losing would either be Indy or Pitt...those are the two biggest shots for a loss. Now a fluke game could always happen, but these guys are playing in another world....

I hope they do...no one remebers 15-1...everyone remebers undefeated.

Wyndham
10-14-2007, 07:38 PM
At least 2 or 3.

You guys must be new to football.

Splat
10-14-2007, 07:40 PM

Nope not at all they have went 14-2 before and this team would kick that teams ass it could happen.

JK17
10-14-2007, 07:40 PM
At least 2 or 3.

No...I'm not.

The way they're playing there's no logical reason to conceive a loss. A fluke could easily happen and Indy and Pitt will certainly give them a run form their money, but look at their schedule and pick out a game they will lose. Looking at it strictly week by week, assuming there are no flukes, there's not a game they should lose.

remix 6
10-14-2007, 07:41 PM
injuries? rest starters last game? just a bad performance?

its all possible. if every team thats supposed to win actually does win..theres no point in sports. any team can win any sunday regardless the records

JK17
10-14-2007, 07:43 PM
injuries? rest starters last game? just a bad performance?

its all possible. if every team thats supposed to win actually does win..theres no point in sports. any team can win any sunday regardless the records

True, I should rephrase my "no" vote...

Looking at it strictly week by week I see no reason for them to lose a game. I'd say its unlikely they make it through the season, but factoring out anything excpet who "should win"....theyre the favorites every game.

Something will probably come up that interferes, it always does....but who knows. It's certianly possible they don't.

'cuse-213
10-14-2007, 07:44 PM
It will be up to Cassel.

GB12
10-14-2007, 07:45 PM
I think this could be the one of the best teams of all time, but I do think they'll lose at least.

Splat
10-14-2007, 07:45 PM
The main reason I think they really could go 16-0 is the fact they just don't over look any one they play each week like there season is on the line.

bored of education
10-14-2007, 07:47 PM
Steelers will beat them. Ill do one of those not straight sig bets

yodabear
10-14-2007, 07:47 PM
The Rams are going 0-16 and the Pats are going 16-0.

Mr. Stiller
10-14-2007, 07:48 PM
16-0*

Cheating..

princefielder28
This team is too veteran and talented to have a "let down game" and no defense can gameplan for those wideouts and when Maroney is healthy, they will be so unstoppable

Shiver
They won't. At the least they'll lose in the last game when they have HFA locked up and they face the Giants. I know 16-0 is nice and all, but Bill seems like the kind of coach who wouldn't risk his starters and jeopardize their Super Bowl run. Besides I think Pittsburgh beats them.

Bills2083
10-14-2007, 07:51 PM
I hate to say it, but I dont see them losing a game this year. Maybe only to Buffalo... :)

The Unseen
10-14-2007, 08:08 PM
Yes. It's inevitable. They'll probably go 14-2 or 15-1.

SeanTaylorRIP
10-14-2007, 08:10 PM
99% chance they won't win but Skins could make it close with their defense and their offense I think would fare well against the Patriots mediocre defense, I still think the Colts will beat them.

P-L
10-14-2007, 08:14 PM
Of course they will lose. New England will have the division wrapped up in a few weeks and if Pittsburgh or Indy doesn't beat them, they should have home field advantage taken care of by week 15 or so. If the Patriots are 15-0 going into Week 17, the starters will sit and it'll be up to the backups. However, I don't even think it'll get to that point. I don't think they will beat both Indy AND Pittsburgh.

Twiddler
10-14-2007, 08:15 PM
I still don't think they will go undefeated. Granted, this may be the most talented and disciplined team we have seen in a long time but football takes too much luck and plays going your way to go undefeated. I doubt they lose more than one though.

ks_perfection
10-14-2007, 08:28 PM
I doubt they'll go undefeated, the Colts have a good shot as they put up a ton of points the last half they played. The Steelers have a decent shot. If they beat those 2 teams they'll be resting there starters for the last couple games, the G-men on the last night would be the most likely game to lose.

10-14-2007, 08:31 PM
if there ever was a team to go undefeated its this team..i say they will

Man_Of_Steel
10-14-2007, 08:53 PM
Indy or Pitt will knock em off.

BrownsTown
10-14-2007, 09:00 PM
I'm split on this. I'm not sure if they will or won't. I think the only one who has a real chance is Indy. Pitt, no. Why? They're New England but worse on every level except RB.

Either way, I say they lose to the Colts in the AFC Championship.

keylime_5
10-14-2007, 09:34 PM
This is the NFL. No one can go undefeated in this day and age. People have bad games sometimes and injuries do happen.

Moses
10-14-2007, 09:34 PM
This is football. On any given Sunday...

Sure, they're the #1 team so there is no logical reason that they will lose. But that doesn't mean the #1 team is unbeatable. They're going to have some games where everything goes wrong even if they're better than their opponent. That's football and I think every year there is talk about the best team going undefeated.

The Dynasty
10-14-2007, 09:38 PM
They will lose to Miami next week, Dont Mess With Cleo Lemon! lol. But Seriously i think they will lose either to Indy of course and even Pittsburgh could win. A sleeper Pick when they lose could be Baltimore, if there defense shuts down there offense it could happen.

energizerbunny
10-14-2007, 10:09 PM
- Most talented team in the entire leauge for the first time ever in their dynasty years

- When Seymour comes back they will have an unblockable front 3

- Best Oline in the league to protect the franchise in Brady

- They've proven that even if they are forced to be 1 demensional on offence they will still beat you

So in conclusion I think it will be very, very difficult for anyone to beat them, they can win absolutely any type of game against any type of team. Want to play smashmouth football? they have the best stable of TEs, Oline, and Dline and LBs in the entire league to go along with one of the best young backs in the league. Want to get into a shootout? they have the most dangerous set of Wrs in the league to catch the ball from perhaps the best QB of the generation.

Injuries shouldn't be a big concern either as they have proven this season and the past that their depth and coaching will prevail.

Moses
10-14-2007, 10:19 PM
- Most talented team in the entire leauge for the first time ever in their dynasty years

- When Seymour comes back they will have an unblockable front 3

- Best Oline in the league to protect the franchise in Brady

- They've proven that even if they are forced to be 1 demensional on offence they will still beat you

So in conclusion I think it will be very, very difficult for anyone to beat them, they can win absolutely any type of game against any type of team. Want to play smashmouth football? they have the best stable of TEs, Oline, and Dline and LBs in the entire league to go along with one of the best young backs in the league. Want to get into a shootout? they have the most dangerous set of Wrs in the league to catch the ball from perhaps the best QB of the generation.

Injuries shouldn't be a big concern either as they have proven this season and the past that their depth and coaching will prevail.

You honestly think that they have the best offensive line in football?

princefielder28
10-14-2007, 10:21 PM

They definitely do not have the BEST O-Line. It's a solid group but not the top unit in the league.

Hines
10-14-2007, 10:24 PM
i remember back in 2004 when the steelers last played the patriots in the regular season...i believe that the patriots were undefeated and ahd the longest winning streak in football and were at least 2 td favorites..well what happend, the steelers took it to them and crushed them..and it could and will happen again..steelers will beat the patriots and the colts can beat the patriots

BrownsTown
10-14-2007, 10:28 PM
i remember back in 2004 when the steelers last played the patriots in the regular season...i believe that the patriots were undefeated and ahd the longest winning streak in football and were at least 2 td favorites..well what happend, the steelers took it to them and crushed them..and it could and will happen again..steelers will beat the patriots and the colts can beat the patriots

The Steelers also went 15-1 that year. They were the better team. No way the Steelers are the better team this year. How will they beat the Pats? They don't match up with them well at all. They're D can't stop the Pats O and their O can't move the ball and the Pats D. Ther reason people are taking Indy is because they match up fairly well. They can score with the Patriots and have two good pass rushing ends to get pressure on Brady.

Plus you got Belicheck vs. a rookie coach. Who you gonna take in that matchup?

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
10-14-2007, 10:33 PM
Have the two SB teams ever played eachother in the regular season? Cuz theres a very good chance that happens this year.

neko4
10-14-2007, 10:35 PM
They'll lose in the super bowl to green bay
:) :) :) :) :) :)

Hines
10-14-2007, 10:49 PM
The Steelers also went 15-1 that year. They were the better team. No way the Steelers are the better team this year. How will they beat the Pats? They don't match up with them well at all. They're D can't stop the Pats O and their O can't move the ball and the Pats D. Ther reason people are taking Indy is because they match up fairly well. They can score with the Patriots and have two good pass rushing ends to get pressure on Brady.

Plus you got Belicheck vs. a rookie coach. Who you gonna take in that matchup?

we had a rookie qb...i just think we have a shot to win because we will be healthy, fully healthy, willies rolling, the d is stepping up big, and ben is back to old form..if our line plays good, our o will move the ball..i dotn think anyone can stop heath on that secondary or linebacking..while i think moss will be a ***** to cover, i would put a saftey over him along with ike(who is playing great so far). bmac or deshea imo can handle welker or stallworth imo and i think lebeau will bring his great schemeing at the game..will it have to be a a+ game, yes, but i believe the steelers have a great chance

SuperKevin
10-14-2007, 10:50 PM
They'll tank a game or two at the end of the year for the sake of their starters' health

BrownsTown
10-14-2007, 10:52 PM
we had a rookie qb...i just think we have a shot to win because we will be healthy, fully healthy, willies rolling, the d is stepping up big, and ben is back to old form..if our line plays good, our o will move the ball..i dotn think anyone can stop heath on that secondary or linebacking..while i think moss will be a ***** to cover, i would put a saftey over him along with ike(who is playing great so far). bmac or deshea imo can handle welker or stallworth imo and i think lebeau will bring his great schemeing at the game..will it have to be a a+ game, yes, but i believe the steelers have a great chance

McFadden and Townsend can't handle Stallworth and Welker. You'll have to be double covering Moss pretty much every play, which means that will leave Watson open, so Brady will just go to those 3. Exactly what they did against the Browns. Steelers can't provide enough pressure to get to Brady. I'd give the Colts and Ravens a much better chance.

HoopsDemon12
10-14-2007, 10:55 PM
If they keep playing like this they will lock up the division so early they wont have to play starters... they will have homefield so fast... as soon as indy loses a couple.. so does new england i think

Hines
10-14-2007, 10:59 PM
If they keep playing like this they will lock up the division so early they wont have to play starters... they will have homefield so fast... as soon as indy loses a couple.. so does new england i think

the steelers could win the next 8 games before the new england game buddy so i wouldnt jump ship just yet

BrownsTown
10-14-2007, 11:01 PM
the steelers could win the next 8 games before the new england game buddy so i wouldnt jump ship just yet

Dude, could you be less homerish please? The Colts and Pats are clearly the top 2 teams in the AFC.

Hines
10-14-2007, 11:05 PM
Dude, could you be less homerish please? The Colts and Pats are clearly the top 2 teams in the AFC.

i never said that they werent, all i said is that the steelers can be a game behind the pats when they play eachother. the steelers potentially win the next 8 ball games goin up to the new england game..im not saying that the steelers will beat both, they could, but im not jumping ship on those two yet.

HoopsDemon12
10-14-2007, 11:05 PM

I know the Steelers are good and i personally think they are better than their superbowl team... what im basically saying is that as soon as those teams are safe behind new england will lock up teh div and rest their players.. sure new englad can go undeafeated.. but those otehr teams wont..

BrownsTown
10-14-2007, 11:06 PM
i never said that they werent, all i said is that the steelers can be a game behind the pats when they play eachother. the steelers potentially win the next 8 ball games goin up to the new england game..im not saying that the steelers will beat both, they could, but im not jumping ship on those two yet.

The Browns could also win the next 10 games and win the division.

Hines
10-14-2007, 11:07 PM
The Browns could also win the next 10 games and win the division.

ya they could..im not saying they couldnt.

BrownsTown
10-14-2007, 11:08 PM
ya they could..im not saying they couldnt.

And Ben Roethlisberger could spontaneously combust. Why are we talking about things that could happen but we know won't? Seems kinda pointless to me.

Hines
10-14-2007, 11:09 PM
And Ben Roethlisberger could spontaneously combust. Why are we talking about things that could happen but we know won't? Seems kinda pointless to me.

steelers could win the next eight games, browns wont win the next eight games

BrownsTown
10-14-2007, 11:12 PM

Browns could win the next eight games, the Steelers won't.

We could do this all day man. Are you seriously saying you expect them to win 8 straight? If not, why are you even mentioning it?

Hines
10-14-2007, 11:13 PM
Browns could win the next eight games, the Steelers won't.

We could do this all day man. Are you seriously saying you expect them to win 8 straight? If not, why are you even mentioning it?

i dotn expect them too, but i believe they can..

HoopsDemon12
10-14-2007, 11:13 PM

the browns wont win the next 8 games!!!! DAM i had them going to the super bowl...

BrownsTown
10-14-2007, 11:15 PM
i dotn expect them too, but i believe they can..

I believe the Browns can too, but I don't expect them too.

I'm having fun with this

Hines
10-14-2007, 11:16 PM
I believe the Browns can too, but I don't expect them too.

I'm having fun with this

whats your schedule

and yes i am too

BrownsTown
10-14-2007, 11:19 PM
whats your schedule

and yes i am too

You aren't getting it. I'm saying it was pointless to even bring the fact that the Steelers can win their next 8 games up because you can say that about every single team in the NFL. And if you don't actually expect them to, which you shouldn't, then there's no real reason to mention it. Comprende?

Back on topic: Do you guys think that Indy can score with New England? Disregard the defense, I'm talking how good these offense are.

Hines
10-14-2007, 11:20 PM
You aren't getting it. I'm saying it was pointless to even bring the fact that the Steelers can win their next 8 games up because you can say that about every single team in the NFL. And if you don't actually expect them to, which you shouldn't, then there's no real reason to mention it. Comprende?

Back on topic: Do you guys think that Indy can score with New England? Disregard the defense, I'm talking how good these offense are.

yes i do think indy can keep up with the patsies...

wayne and harrison>samuel and ***

BrownsTown
10-14-2007, 11:21 PM
yes i do think indy can keep up with the patsies...

wayne and harrison>samuel and ***

huh? 1st I was talking about offense, and 2nd isn't it Samuel and Hobbs?

trkaline
10-14-2007, 11:23 PM
Wrong Thread.......

Iamcanadian
10-14-2007, 11:44 PM
Believe it or not, NE's game next week is very dangerous to their streak. Miami will be sky high and NE will be as flat as can be after Dallas thinking Miami will be a cakewalk. The other danderous game on their schedule outside of Indy and Pittsburgh will be the Jets who play them following the Pittsburgh game. Again they will be quite flat for that game while it will be the Jets SB. That's why winning 16 games is so difficult, it isn't the tough games that bring teams down, it is often weak teams who catch them after a really tough game when they are simply emotionally spent.

trkaline
10-15-2007, 12:09 AM
Ummmm no....The Dolphins are a cakewalk even if the Pats do play flat I don't see them losing to the fins its just not in the cards, as for the Jets...if the Pats continue puttting up 30-40 points week in and weekout no way the Jets can compare..

Dam8610
10-15-2007, 12:28 AM

I like you.

As for the Patriots, their defense is old, and their offense can't keep up this pace forever, and this is the NFL, so I doubt the Pats will win all 16. They still have a couple of tough games, and a couple games that tend to give the fits left on the schedule.

10-15-2007, 01:25 AM
I like you.

As for the Patriots, their defense is old, and their offense can't keep up this pace forever, and this is the NFL, so I doubt the Pats will win all 16. They still have a couple of tough games, and a couple games that tend to give the fits left on the schedule.

A young D-line, young corners, young FS, Thomas and Colvin are in their prime. Bruschi maybe old, but with the rotations they have at LB him Seau and Vrabel stay fresh, plus they're smart ball players. Rodney may be past his prime, but he has always played well against Indy.(Hawkins and Sanders started against Indy in the championship game, we now have our starters healthy)

With that I will only say that no matter who is on defense, when Peyton and Brady play there will be a plentiful amount of points on the board. I am hoping for a great game this november.

no love
10-15-2007, 02:17 AM
They will lose the last game of the season when half of their starters are resting up for the playoffs.

The Legend
10-15-2007, 03:53 AM
yes and it will be the phins only win this year :)

Dolfan2788
10-15-2007, 06:23 AM
Ummmm no....The Dolphins are a cakewalk even if the Pats do play flat I don't see them losing to the fins its just not in the cards, as for the Jets...if the Pats continue puttting up 30-40 points week in and weekout no way the Jets can compare..

That's what the Pats thought in '04 on MNF.

It's also what the Bears thought last year when they were undefeated.
The Dolphins beat them both.

However I think the chances of us winning are less than 5%. Or for every 20 games we play against them at this point in the season, we only win 1.

DeathbyStat
10-15-2007, 07:18 AM
Only if they rest their players at the end of the season

NYGibril28
10-15-2007, 07:24 AM
Yes they will. Once they clinch home-field advantage. Belicheck is not the type of coach to risk injury for personal achievement. I say they lose to one of these three teams: Pittsburgh, Indianapolis, New York (N)

New York only because they play Week 17 and they should be resting their starters, and it's likely the Giants will still be fighting for a playoff spot.

luckyjackaubrey
10-15-2007, 09:20 AM
They won't. At the least they'll lose in the last game when they have HFA locked up and they face the Giants. I know 16-0 is nice and all, but Bill seems like the kind of coach who wouldn't risk his starters and jeopardize their Super Bowl run. Besides I think Pittsburgh beats them.

He is also the kind of coach that might see 16-0 as a negative towards the true goal - Super Bowl win #4. He may want the team to drop a late game so he can still point to areas to improve apon as the playoffs approach. Peaking to early is something the Colts know a bit about. A few years ago they coasted down the stretch and were not playing their best football once the playoffs hit. BB won't let that happen to this group.

On the other hand I can see BB being fixated on capturing that record. Especially after the video controversy that dealt his legacy such a blow earlier. It will keep it interesting down the stretch run.

I need to see Maroney, Morris and Watson back healthy. A huge part of why this team can think about 16-0 is the fact that they can get out on top so quickly like the Colt teams of the recent past, and then revert to clock / ball control with Brady dink and dunk and a steady diet of running the ball. Last night I saw a Pat's team that was a threat to score quickly from anywhere, but then they put Romo right back out there and he put 27 up ( ok 20). It looked a bit too much like Pats vs Colts of the last 5-6 years. We needed to be able to grind out a quarter killing 85 yard 9 minute drive to put the 'boys to bed.

osi+ap=allshallperish
10-15-2007, 09:37 AM
giants will win. Too much pressure on the pats and our pass rush will get to Brady as we'll play a 4DE line and on I Jacobs will just pound the clock with Eli hitting plax in the 4th qiarter for the game winning td...sigh...nice dream, huh

steelernation77
10-15-2007, 10:40 AM
I think that the Patriots can be run on. Even if the Steelers can beat them in the regular season, I'd almost rather have them not, just because I'd rather beat them in the playoffs if we face them. I just don't see us beating them twice in one year.

Staubach12
10-15-2007, 11:03 AM
Cassel can beat the Jets, he can beat the Phins, and he can beat the Giants.

Addict
10-15-2007, 11:35 AM
they'll get beat when they start saving their strength and benching players towards the end of the season, their schedule isn't too easy either.

Jakey
10-15-2007, 11:58 AM
I think they lose 1 or 2, the only reason they are playing so well now is that they are playing mistake free, and taking advantage of other teams mistakes. The only area where they are visibly better than everyone else is in the passing game. They will lose when, either they make a mistake and the other team takes advantage, or if the opposing team doesnt make any mistakes either and it will come down to the wire.
I say either the Colts or the Steelers win, or even both ;)

Basileus777
10-15-2007, 12:01 PM
That's what the Pats thought in '04 on MNF.

Thats back when the Dolphins had a defense....

DMWSackMachine
10-15-2007, 01:56 PM
Any team can lose any given Sunday. If Brady, Moss, Welker and Stallworth all play the way they did yesterday afternoon every game for the rest of the season, then no, they won't, and no team will be within 20 points of them, including the Colts.

However, that will not happen. Brady played a nearly perfect game yesterday. Welker was unbelievable, Stallworth actually showed up. But lost in all this was their inability to generate a running game, and likewise their inability to stop the run. Dallas was blowing them off the line on a regular basis in the second half. Likewise, their coverage was no more than adequate, and their lack of overall team speed on defense was glaring.

Of course, the unparalleled excellence of that passing attack can make up for almost any ill, as long as they are playing like that, anyway. But I'm telling you, if they continue to be that one dimensional, there will be a game when Brady slips, Moss and Stallworth aren't focused, and one or two freaky things happen and it will all come crashing down.

Until then, they might just be the most unstoppable passing attack I have ever seen.

Jvig43
10-15-2007, 10:07 PM
If they lose a game, it will be to the giants, which i expect to actually be a good game, just cause i think we'll be 15-0 and our backups will work hard to get that record, plus i think our backups are good enough to match up with the giants...not to be disrespectful to the giants, just my opinion. we get Seymour and troy brown back this week, Maroney will at least be back by nov 4, which should be a great game if indy has all their players back (harrison, Addai, Sanders etc....). looking foward to the rest of the season.

energizerbunny
10-15-2007, 10:19 PM

The best as being a unit of 5? yes

They aren't the most skilled line in the league but they have great chemistry and go out and prove themselves every week, when was the last time Brady was sacked or pressured alot in a game? I can't remember one.

Light and Mankins are also one of the top left sides in all of the NFL. I'd even go as far to say that Mankins is a top 5 guard in the entire league. Perhaps the 3rd best behind Hutch and Faneca

energizerbunny
10-15-2007, 10:23 PM
I think that the Patriots can be run on. Even if the Steelers can beat them in the regular season, I'd almost rather have them not, just because I'd rather beat them in the playoffs if we face them. I just don't see us beating them twice in one year.

Once Seymour is back no one in the league will run on the patriots, and even if you can it won't matter because your most likely be trailing and be forced 1 demensional.

The pats are like the greatest show on turf this year, except they have an amazing defence to boot.

osi+ap=allshallperish
10-16-2007, 10:39 AM
If they lose a game, it will be to the giants, which i expect to actually be a good game, just cause i think we'll be 15-0 and our backups will work hard to get that record, plus i think our backups are good enough to match up with the giants...not to be disrespectful to the giants, just my opinion. we get Seymour and troy brown back this week, Maroney will at least be back by nov 4, which should be a great game if indy has all their players back (harrison, Addai, Sanders etc....). looking foward to the rest of the season.

I'm sorry but I doubt the pats beat the giants if Brady doesn't start, unless we get hit by our annual plethora of injuries. With tiki gone there's no one to sabotage coughlin and our d is getting better every week. We'll score on the patriots because we are very talented on offense and can attack them in egret way, from pound the ball with 3 runners who are all being extremely effective effective running behind a dominant oline and the passing game is money even without there number 2 weapon getting the ball. If Brady plays then we'll lose, but not if cassel is starting, we'll just have too much to play for and that would save coughlin's job for sure. Plus I think they slip up before then.

Jvig43
10-16-2007, 01:48 PM
The only other team i see beating us is the colts, i love the rivalry between these two teams, and unlike alot of pats fans, i give all the credit in the world to the colts for what they have done, espically this year since i didnt think theyd have a half a good a team as last year cause of all the losses at key positions, but they look better. the giants are allright, but i see it being a close game with our backups in, i think it could go either way.

Smooth Criminal
10-16-2007, 03:06 PM
I don't think so. I think they are the best team in the league but I don't think they will win every game. Football is just way to unpredictable. Any team can win any game. I would never bet on a team, even as good as NE, to win more than 4 games in a row. The odds are stacked against it.

Smooth Criminal
10-16-2007, 03:13 PM
Once Seymour is back no one in the league will run on the patriots, and even if you can it won't matter because your most likely be trailing and be forced 1 demensional.

The pats are like the greatest show on turf this year, except they have an amazing defence to boot.

If anything Seymour will make their rush defense worse. As a 3-4 End I would say that Seymours backup Jarvis Green is better against the run then he has. Seymour is a way better pash rusher.

The only way to beat the Patriots would be to do what the Steeles did to the Seahawks this year and that is keep their offense off of the field.

Its going to take a team that plays solid defense and an offense that takes along time to drive down the field. If you can keep Brady off of the field and not allow him to get in rythm I think they can be beaten.

remix 6
10-16-2007, 03:36 PM
If anything Seymour will make their rush defense worse. As a 3-4 End I would say that Seymours backup Jarvis Green is better against the run then he has. Seymour is a way better pash rusher.

The only way to beat the Patriots would be to do what the Steeles did to the Seahawks this year and that is keep their offense off of the field.

Its going to take a team that plays solid defense and an offense that takes along time to drive down the field. If you can keep Brady off of the field and not allow him to get in rythm I think they can be beaten.
lolololol. other way around.

Seymour = better run stopper (a lot better)
Green = better pass rusher(small margin)

Seymour will make our front 2-3x better. You dont know his impact. Hes our best player on defense. Some say Warren is ahead after a great yr last year while Seymour was playing with an arm brace but what Seymour has done last 4-5 years is a greater than what Warren has done in 1. Seymour is a top 3 DL when healthy and dont call me homer. Teams consider him that, as do analyst, papers, etc.

Seymour is a major upgrade because hes stronger,smarter and just more talented than Green. Greens a good backup but when teams decide to run on him..hes had some trouble last 2 weeks. against Cleveland..they ran at Warren like once and the rest was at Green. Against Cowboys..we played a lot of nickel with 2 DL but thats not a great excuse for a ****** performance by our D. Warren didnt have such a hot game..he was decent. Not his best game. Green was benched at start in favor of Mike Wright but played a lot.

Wilfork is a rock. He did very well against a Pro Bowl center(Gurode made PB last yr didnt he?). The outside backers/ends did nothing really. especially LBs. Everyone besides Bruschi had a tackle or none. Thats embarassing considering how we got run over when cowboys ran.

so basically. Seymour will be a huge upgrade. He'll be healthy..hes had time to rest. His body has been getting damaged last few years but he'll be back strong and make a huge impact. watch. Greens a good player..but no way will anyone say hes near Seymour's level.

Jvig43
10-16-2007, 08:29 PM
gotta agree with remix here man, you have it TOTALLY the opposite way, richard seymour is great at stoping the run, and whil he might not be as good at pass rushing, he does a great job of getting his huge arms up and deflecting the ball, ive seen it happen numerous times. he will make a huge impact when back.

DaBears9654
10-17-2007, 09:18 AM
There's just too much parity for anybody to go undefeated. Or, on the other side, winless.

nhlkdog411
10-17-2007, 10:36 AM
Richard Seymour is basically the premier run stopping defensive end in the nfl (when healthy). The guy is an absolute MONSTER. He is strong enough and big enough that he could probably handle the nose and yet he is quick enough that he could also play as a penetrating d-tackle, so he is an absolute load at the 3-4 end spot because he can do it all there. The guy really is freaky strong too, theres plays where he makes offensive tackles look comical because his bull rush has them falling into their quarterbacks (he got at least one sack last year by doing so). Once he gets back teams won't be able to run at Green anymore and they'll have nowhere to go since he, Warren and Wilfork are all beastly against the run.

Mr. Stiller
10-17-2007, 11:42 AM
BT,

You severely underrated our team. I believe our Defense is better than the Patriots. I know the Patriots Offense is better than ours.

I think in a good game we could prevail. Limiting their offensive time of possession and tiring out the defense.

I think we'll run a similar game plan that we did against Seattle. The Tomlin2 I call it.

It was a Tampa 2 based Defense, built on the 3-4 front alignment. I didn't think it would work and when I was at the game ans saw this lineup, I was extremely skeptical, but it forced Hasselback into frustrations.

You have to get to Brady, I'll agree, but it's not impossible for them to lose.

BrownsTown
10-17-2007, 02:55 PM
BT,

You severely underrated our team. I believe our Defense is better than the Patriots. I know the Patriots Offense is better than ours.

I think in a good game we could prevail. Limiting their offensive time of possession and tiring out the defense.

I think we'll run a similar game plan that we did against Seattle. The Tomlin2 I call it.

It was a Tampa 2 based Defense, built on the 3-4 front alignment. I didn't think it would work and when I was at the game ans saw this lineup, I was extremely skeptical, but it forced Hasselback into frustrations.

You have to get to Brady, I'll agree, but it's not impossible for them to lose.

The Steelers faced some really bad offenses. Their stats are padded a bit. NE has faced some of the best offenses in the league, Browns, Cowboys, Bengals and done very well against them. Steelers haven't faced a good O all year, and have played some real stinkers (Charlie Frye led Browns, 49ers, Bills). Keep in mind, also, NE is missing it's best player on defense.

I'd take the Pats defense 11 times out of 10.

Mr. Stiller
10-17-2007, 03:48 PM
The Steelers faced some really bad offenses. Their stats are padded a bit. NE has faced some of the best offenses in the league, Browns, Cowboys, Bengals and done very well against them. Steelers haven't faced a good O all year, and have played some real stinkers (Charlie Frye led Browns, 49ers, Bills). Keep in mind, also, NE is missing it's best player on defense.

I'd take the Pats defense 11 times out of 10.

Funny how you forget that Derek Anderson came in 1/4 of the way in the 2nd quarter and didn't do jack.

Is NE better on Paper? Yes.

Does that mean we can't beat them? No.

I mean you can sit and play us down, because I know you do that a lot (remember the 11 reasons why we won't win the opener that you threw at me on aim?)

We have to play Cincy, Denver, Baltimore on our way there. I think we can go into the NE game 7-1 or 6-2. Sure we haven't played great teams, but we've played those "Lower quality" teams and defeated them handedly.

We have the #1 defense in the league right now. Our offense is playing solidly, not great, but doing it's job. Playing mistake free football.

Just tired of hearing you say we have no chance, because we're better than you act like.. And we match up with NE way better than Baltimore does. We have better DB depth, and our offense is way better.

We padded our stats?

Hasn't NE?

Week 1 at New York Jets (38-14): 1-yard TD by Heath Evans, 1:58 left.

Week 2 vs. San Diego (38-14): 3-yard TD by Sammy Morris, 3:18 left.

Week 3 vs. Buffalo (38-7): 45-yard TD catch by Randy Moss, 10:22 left.

Week 4 at Cincy (34-17): 14-yard TD catch by Randy Moss, 3:18 left.

Week 5 vs. Cleveland (34-17): 15-yard fumble return TD by Randall ***, 0:42 left.

(Important note: This came one play after the Pats failed to convert the "Eff You TD" on fourth-and-goal from Cleveland's 4 when Brady just missed Kyle Brady in the end zone.)

Week 6 vs. Dallas (48-27): 1-yard TD run by Kyle Eckles, 0:19 left.

They played Buffalo and NYJ. As well as Cincy's horrible defense. Or did I miss the memo about how we can only point out every other teams weak schedule and Not NE's?

I give them credit for knocking off Dallas. Fact remains though, those other teams aren't anything to be excited about.. NYJ, Cincy, Buffalo, Cleveland...

JT Jag
10-17-2007, 04:01 PM
They'll lose eventually.

Indy always plays them tough, and Pittsburgh and Jacksonville match up against them well. And there's always the possibility of a fluke loss or a loss late in the season when the reserves are playing.

Addict
10-17-2007, 04:08 PM
<sigh> with Seymour's return, the rich get richer, still can't see them go 16-0, patriots don't care about a perfect record, they want another ring.

Sveen
10-18-2007, 03:31 AM
Sure they will lose a game or two, but they are the favorite to win the Super Bowl.

Addict
10-18-2007, 04:39 AM
Sure they will lose a game or two, but they are the favorite to win the Super Bowl.

http://images.wikia.com/uncyclopedia/images/1/15/CaptainobviousChooseOption.jpg

Jvig43
10-18-2007, 12:04 PM
The steelers play us at home, which is def an advantage for us,and by then all of our starters should be back and rested ( Maroney, Seymour, Brown, Morris etc...), i think they could play us tough, but i dont see a victory, i see us maybe losing to the colts because they have strengths where are weaknesses are, and to the giants if our starters are out resting. and we dont play jacksonville this year, unless its in the playoffs.

Geo
10-18-2007, 12:41 PM
Seymour is a big addition, literally and figuratively, although I'm curious as to his health and how it takes him to get back into the thick of things (read: back to All-Pro form). I suspect the Patriots will wisely proceed with some measure of caution, similar to Laurence Maroney for example.

In all honesty, they want a fully healthy Richard Seymour for the playoffs, really.

Splat
10-28-2007, 05:05 PM
It looks like the debate will live on for one more week.

Wyndham
10-28-2007, 05:06 PM
Washington was never going to challenge the Patriots. Their offense is awful and the defense is good but not great, and obviously injury-depleted, too.

Next week, as expected, will be the real test.

awfullyquiet
10-28-2007, 05:31 PM
I'm split on this. I'm not sure if they will or won't. I think the only one who has a real chance is Indy. Pitt, no. Why? They're New England but worse on every level except RB.

I'm with you there.
Just out of spite.
Go 16 and 0. and lose in the AFCC.

i like parity when one of the best looking teams ever takes the field. and everyone (like jason campbell did today) just quivers...

Addict
10-28-2007, 05:32 PM
Washington was never going to challenge the Patriots. Their offense is awful and the defense is good but not great, and obviously injury-depleted, too.

Next week, as expected, will be the real test.

indeed... that game is going to be absolutely overhyped. But it'll be fun to watch.

BroadwayJoe10
10-28-2007, 06:42 PM
i want to know why brady and everyone is still in the game at 38-0 and than 45-0 in the end of the 3rd and beginning of the 4th quarter. I understand you want your team to play hard the entire game, but it gets to a point where its dangerous for you starters and just disrespectful to the other team. If the yankees were to be stealing bases when they are up 12-0 theyd be crucified, evil empire blah blah so i don't see why the announcers don't give them the same hell for it. Maybe it's just me tho.

luckyjackaubrey
10-28-2007, 06:47 PM
BB is clearly pissed at the league and the fact that he was singled out as the scape goat for the cheating thing. He will be making a statement all year long. He will not take his foot off the pedal and I for one hope he is careful enough to not risk the bread winner, Tom Brady.

He also obviously plans to make sure Tom gets the Td record in smashing style.

evershot
10-29-2007, 01:03 AM
BB is clearly pissed at the league and the fact that he was singled out as the scape goat for the cheating thing. He will be making a statement all year long. He will not take his foot off the pedal and I for one hope he is careful enough to not risk the bread winner, Tom Brady.

He also obviously plans to make sure Tom gets the Td record in smashing style.

I agree, Belichick is poised to make an Attila the Hun like raid on the record books, but with less restrain.

KCJ58
10-29-2007, 01:19 AM
the Colts will beat them

nobodyinparticular
10-29-2007, 01:52 AM
This team is too veteran and talented to have a "let down game" and no defense can gameplan for those wideouts and when Maroney is healthy, they will be so unstoppable

That's why my gameplan as a defense would be to light up the receivers every chance you get. Whatever you do, get as physical as possible. Stallworth and Moss are undersized and hate contact--get physical. Heck, take a 15 yarder or two if it happens to cross the line. Get those hits on Brady too. He needs to have dirt on his jersey by the 3rd time he drops back for a pass. Again, take the penalty if you have to, but that is the only way to take this offense out of rhythm.

portermvp84
10-29-2007, 10:26 AM
They won't loose any games this year. The Colts will put up a fight but, they'll come short.

Jvig43
10-29-2007, 01:13 PM
i dont understand why people think its ok to put cheap hits on players to win games. take a 15 yard penalty to take the offense out of rhythm? are you kidding me, that just gives them a 1st down and keeps the drive alive. and have you seen welker at all this season? he keeps taking huge hits from 2-3 guys at a time and keeps getting back up. why dont you play the game instead of trying to takke cheap shots to take players out to win a game.

Chucky
10-29-2007, 01:14 PM
i dont understand why people think its ok to put cheap hits on players to win games. take a 15 yard penalty to take the offense out of rhythm? are you kidding me, that just gives them a 1st down and keeps the drive alive. and have you seen welker at all this season? he keeps taking huge hits from 2-3 guys at a time and keeps getting back up. why dont you play the game instead of trying to takke cheap shots to take players out to win a game.

Wilfork doesnt seem to have a problem giving out cheap shots

Jvig43
10-29-2007, 01:17 PM
Wilfork has stated it was unintentional, whether it was or it wasnt, only he knows. ill admit to it, it looked suspicous, but i will never WISH that a player takes a cheap shot on a team were playing because i dislike them.

JK17
10-29-2007, 01:21 PM

Why not? Wasn't the argument defending cheating with spygate "anything you can do to win"? Don't Pats fans like Bellichek because he'll do anything to win?

If taking penalties means you'll win, by all means do it. Get that team out of rythm.

MaddHatter
10-29-2007, 01:38 PM
I posted somewhere else, but I'll say it again...

The Pats will go 15-1 losing to the Giants in the last week of the season after they bench their starters vs. the Giants who are playing for a Wildcard spot in the NFC.

JK17
10-29-2007, 01:42 PM
I posted somewhere else, but I'll say it again...

The Pats will go 15-1 losing to the Giants in the last week of the season after they bench their starters vs. the Giants who are playing for a Wildcard spot in the NFC.

The Patriots will not rest their starters. It's evident they are going for every record they can. It's evident Bellichek is trying to give the league a big FU. Why would he not try to go undefeated?

Splat
11-05-2007, 10:36 AM
They won't loose any games this year. The Colts will put up a fight but, they'll come short.

Well said.

Splat
11-10-2007, 06:17 PM
Talk about bad luck.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/si_online/covers/issues/2007/1112.html

Donno
11-11-2007, 06:42 PM
Someone has to beat them, if no one does it shows that there was no heart in the contests.

yodabear
11-11-2007, 07:41 PM
They will go 18-1. They lose in the super bowl to the St. Louis Rams who will go all Colorado Rockies on your asses, but finish it off with a win. And be victorious in a rematch of Super Bowl 36.

Splat
11-12-2007, 12:15 PM
Someone has to beat them, if no one does it shows that there was no heart in the contests.

No it shows they were just that much better then the teams they played.

Shiver
11-12-2007, 12:19 PM
Talk about bad luck.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/si_online/covers/issues/2007/1112.html

The Patriots' linebackers aren't "peerless," they just have big names that are mostly past their prime.