PDA

View Full Version : Mr. Stillers Week 6 mock (2nd round Coming Soon!)

Mr. Stiller
10-14-2007, 08:10 PM
1. ATLANTA FALCONS ~ Jake Long, OT, Michigan
Some fans will scream "We want Woodson/Brohm". While that may be very true, there's a very solid amount of talent available at QB. Whereas a OT prospect like Long would be hard to pass up on. With the definite need at OT, It's impossible to pass up Long here.

2. BUFFALO BILLS ~ Glenn Dorsey, DT, LSU
McCargo has been the best DT on the line, but the opponents run game is still flourishing. Dorsey can be his disruptive counterpart. He's a great penetrator and should be able to make that DL one of the best in the league.

3. DALLAS COWBOYS (f/CLE) ~ Kenny Phillips, FS, Miami
Darren McFadden is the popular pick and I would think he fits well. But in my opinion, their Offense isn't the issue, it's the defensive secondary and age. I'm sure Jerry Jones would love to replace Julius Jones, however... The Achilles heel has been the FS position as well as Age at CB/WR. The Offensive Line has gone from worst in the league to one of the best. I think Dallas should make Marion the Barbarian the Featuer back and add a counterpart in rounds 2 or 3.

4. MIAMI DOLPHINS ~ Sam Baker, OT, USC
Baker is the tactician/technique type LT. May never be a pro-bowler, but he will be a very reliable and consistent LT from day 1. Miami with this can slide their LT to RT or LG.

5. KANSAS CITY CHIEFS ~ Calais Campbell, DE, Miami
Kansas City sees both the big name QB's sitting here, but still aren't willing to give up on Croyle. With the lack of Offensive Line Talent, they go BPA. With Calais They get a DE to replace Allen, who has off the field woes and would make a killer duo with Tamba Hali.

6. ST. LOUIS RAMS ~ DeSean Jackson, WR, California
With no clear cut defensive talent worth this selection, St. Louis also goes BPA. With Torry Holt and Isaac Bruce only a few short years from Social Security, they opt to select a new dynamic WR that should continue to thrive in their offensive system. Giving them DeSean Jackson allows them to have a dynamic return game and he should be able to contribute as a slot WR immediately.

7. WASHINGTON REDSKINS ~ Malcolm Kelly, WR, Oklahoma
When you have a young quarterback, you try to get him as many weapons as he needs to succeed. Moss, El and Cooley are a great Trio, however Kelly is amazing. He'll be the #2 behind Moss and moving El to his more suitable slot position. Don't let Kelly's size fool you, he may be big, but he's still a solid and deceptive deep threat. With no OL/DL worth this pick They opt to go with Kelly to continue building around Campbell.

8. MINNESOTA VIKINGS ~ Andre Woodson, QB, Kentucky
It's evident that Tavaris Jackson isn't the QB they need. With the untalented WR's (Outside of Sidney Rice) they need a spark and it comes in a 6'5 224lb package. Woodson has a solid arm and great build. He has great pocket presence and should be able to come in and give the offense some much needed help.

9. OAKLAND RAIDERS ~ Chris Long, DE, Virginia
Hoping to luck out and see Calais Campbell fall there is some disappointment. With that said, Chris Long is still a great prospect. He has a non-stop motor and is pretty explosive off the snap. Playing in a 3-4 he doesn't get the same #'s he would in a 4-3. But he'll be a great complete DE. Putting him across from Burgess gives this defense the little bit of help it needs. The only other thing they need on defense is youth.

10. DETROIT LIONS ~ Quentin Groves, DE/OLB, Auburn
Groves is an elite athlete. He's a very good pass rusher. With his triangle numbers he could play Sam and DE in a 4-3. That would allow him to not take the every down punishment because he's not exactly built to be an every down DE, and you don't want him to put on too much weight and lose a lot of his speed. I think they could draft Groves to play Sam and slide him up to DE in obvious passing situations. In doing so they add a very dominant DE and a kid with unlimited OLB potential.

11. HOUSTON TEXANS ~ Keith Rivers, OLB, USC
With Baker/Long gone, and Kenny Phillips gone, they look at BPA. There's a few guys that could improve this defense right now. Justin King, Malcolm Kelly.. But with Demeco Ryans and the revamped DL they're playing with, they choose to add the best WLB in this draft. Keith Rivers. He'll instantly provide Coverage in both the passing and run games. That will take some of the pressure off Demeco Ryans and continue to improve their defense. When you have the Titans and Colts in your division, you love to constantly improve your defense.

12. NEW YORK GIANTS ~ Dan Connor, OLB, Penn State
Seeing Rivers go 1 pick earlier disappoints as he's the prototypical Will linebacker. However, with NY it seems that their defense is oft-decimated with Injuries Connor makes perfect sense. He has the Skillset that can be effective in any LB position. He has the size and power to play Sam, the speed to play Will, and experience/ability to cover and shed blocks should Antonio Pierce get injured. He'll slide into Mitchells spot next year.

13. TENNESSEE TITANS ~ Adarius Bowman, WR, Oklahoma State
Like I said for the Redskins, when you have a young QB, you need to surround him with weapons. Vince has literally no one else on this offense. A great offensive line is keeping him healthy but a lack of a #1 WR and consistant run game (short of VY) is really hampering thier chances for the post season. Bowman may be a reach and he's not from Texas but he gives Vince a Tall reliable WR that has some wheels that can get into the secondary and past. The could look at defense here, but Sedrick Ellis and Derrick Harvey wouldn't provide an instant boost as Bowman would.

14. NEW ORLEANS SAINTS ~ James Laurinaitis, LB, Ohio State
New Orleans seems to need help everywhere. First starting with Sean Payton's playcalling, but thats a different argument, another time. They need help in the back 7 desperately. They could lean CB here, either way they'd end up with someone from Ohio State. They get a top tier LB that's great in coverage. There's solid depth at Corner in this draft and they feel that Laurinaitis is BPA. He could start at any LB position on this team and be an instant upgrade.

15. TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS ~ Brian Brohm, QB, Louisville
Brohm, doing the "Brady Quinn slide" lands in Tampa bay. He has the size, arm strength and enough mobility (Not to mention his intelligence and pocket awareness) to be a Gruden favorite. He will be able to learn behind Garcia for a year and learn the ropes of Grudens offense. Then he'll have Galloway, Stovall, Clayton, and Caddy to work with. It'll cost him some money, but he'll come into a franchise only a few pieces away.

16. ARIZONA CARDINALS ~ Malcolm Jenkins, CB, Ohio State
They could very well look to Derrick Harvey or Vernon Gholston here for a 3-4 OLB project. However I think their glaring need is a top tier Corner. Antrell Rolle seems to be falling off the face of the earth. Roderick Hood is a glorified Nickelback. People are noticing that the deep ball is their defensive weakness, especially when they bring Adrian Wilson up to the line of scrimmage. If Whisenhunt learned anything from Bill Cowher it should be that you can effectively find great 3-4 OLB/ILB prospects outside of round 1 as long as you have a solid secondary and great DL. Well he has a Great DL, especially with Dockett, Berry and Smiths play this year, they hold off until round 2 to add a OLB.

17. NEW YORK JETS ~ Ryan Clady, OT, Boise State
The Jets could easily go defense here as they're still missing pieces for that 3-4 defense Mangini insists on running (He should really consider the 4-3). However the RT position has been trouble for the past 2 years and adding a talent like Clady, who could essentially play LT if injuries arose, would be perfect. He has great size and speed. Will be a welcomed addition by Pennington and Clemens.

18. NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS (f/SF) ~ Derrick Harvey, OLB, Florida
New England would love to add a corner or ILB at this point (Average age of their top 3 ILB's is 34). With that said, Connor, Laurinaitis and Rivers are off the board, where do they look? Florida. Derrick Harvey has been an exceptionally outstanding DE/OLB at Florida the past 2 years. The OLB's in New England aren't especially young either. NE will probably look for defensive prospects with their 4 picks in day 1.

19. JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS ~ Phillip Wheeler, LB, Georgia Tech
Surprise pick here. With most assuming that Jacksonville will lean QB, Del Rio heads in a different direction. With the size/strength of his defensive line, Del Rio has gotten away with smaller linebackers to make plays. Well he picks up a best of both worlds linebacker here. Wheeler can play Inside linebacker replacing oft-injured Mike Peterson. He can rush the passer, make plays in the backfield, make plays in coverage. Del Rio could very well say Matt Ryan is my man, but with the amount of talented QB's this season, he leans towards Wheeler to shore up his defense.

20. CAROLINA PANTHERS ~ Xavier Adibi, OLB, Virginia Tech
The Panthers could concievably go a number of ways here. QB, S, CB, LB. I figured they'd go LB. Beason was a great grab last year. Since they can't find a safety here, they decide to grab Adibi. Adibi will allow the Panthers to send Thomas Davis back to Safety.

21. PHILADELPHIA EAGLES ~ Gosder Cherilous, OT, Boston College
Boston College has a tradition of sending Solid tackles to the NFL. Tra Thomas and Jon Runyan are getting older. Winston Justice is 1 Tackle they have. Adding Gosder gives them a Tackle that could provide RT depth behind Runyan and eventually take over for him.

22. CINCINNATI BENGALS ~ Sedrick Ellis, DT, USC
Cincinnati really needs defensive help. The offense can put up nearly 30-40 points a game, but Carson and company need some semblance of defense to give them a break on offense and keep the opposing teams offense in check. Sedrick Ellis will give the Bengals a tremendous Tackle to start building up a defense. Brooks, Ellis, Peko, Williams and Joseph is the start of a solid young core of talent. Ellis provides an interior pass rusher and he's also one of the best run stoppers in the draft.

23. CHICAGO BEARS ~ Matt Ryan, QB, Boston College
Somehow Matt Ryan falls to the team that desperately wants him. Matt Ryan is a great QB and has the tools to be something special at the next level. Playing in Boston he has faced the cold weather and excelled in it. He has the arm strength to utilize Bernard Berrian/Greg Olsen, while also maintaining the sharp accuracy, a deficiency that plagued previous Bears QB's.

24. SEATTLE SEAHAWKS ~ Jon Stewart, RB, Oregon
While TE and OG may be more pressing needs, they can't possibly pass up the next best RB in the draft. Shaun Alexander has been the most overrated RB for some time now. He doesn't hit the hole with urgency, or run with power. He had and still has one of the best Offensive Lines in the league, yet he almost seems to look where to dive instead of where to run through. TE's and OG's aren't necessarily a premium drafted position and Seattle can land 2 solid prospects in the next 2 rounds, however a RB like Stewart won't be around.

25. DENVER BRONCOS ~ Ali Highsmith, OLB, LSU
Denver has had a solid defense for a long time now. Losing Al Wilson made a thin unit worse. D.J. Williams moved into the MLB position leaving Gold and Webster as the Outside backers. Highsmith is a tad undersized, but he should be a solid coverage OLB. Should be able to supplant Webster or Gold by the start of the 09 season.

26. SAN DIEGO CHARGERS ~ Early Doucet, WR, LSU
I know they just drafted Davis last year, but if they want to be able to open up the running lanes for LT they need to be able to pass the ball. They have Rivers... who's only reliable option has been Antonio Gates. With a few more weapons he might be able to open up the opposing defenses.

27. BALTIMORE RAVENS ~ Terrell Thomas, CB, USC
DeJuan Tribble is my top senior CB, however, Thomas might impress scouts with his resume, which includes 6'1 200lbs that runs a 4.4 40'. His size and physical nature could very well leave Baltimore scouts enamored.

28. GREEN BAY PACKERS ~ Felix Jones, RB, Arkansas
I'm up in the air on this pick. Their biggest need is a reliable RB that is a complete RB. I think Felix Jones follows McFadden in to the pro's hearing that he has a 1st-2nd round grade. Jones has pro size, speed and talent.

29. PITTSBURGH STEELERS ~ Chris Williams, LT, Vanderbilt
Marvel Smith is getting old, slow and you can tell that pinched nerve is really holding him back. Trai Essex isn't the answer, and neither is Max Starks. Williams is the best LT in the SEC, he's shut down some of the best pass rushing prospects in the past 2 years. Williams has a 2nd-3rd round stock now, but scouts are noticing his shut down ability. He's got the speed, strength and has great form for a LT. By the time the draft comes (Post All-star games). The Steelers re-sign Smith to provide depth at RT/LT.

30. SAN FRANCISCO 49'ERS (f/IND) ~ Dre Moore, DT, Maryland
The next in a long line of Maryland freaks, Dre Moore sneaks into round 1 because of his crazy intangibles. His ability to play all 3 positions among the SF's 3-4 Alignment. He could replace aging Bryant Young, or take over for Aubreyo Franklin.

31. DALLAS COWBOYS ~ DeJuan Tribble, CB, Boston College
Seeing Dre Moore go one spot earlier, Dallas settles for the best Corner left. Tribble provides a KR and plays in run support and is very very good in coverage. They continue upgrading their secondary. Looking at WR/RB and DL the rest of the draft.

32. NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS ~ Forfeited due to cheating

Round 2 coming soon.

AkiliSmith
10-14-2007, 08:17 PM
Cincy is going to be picking in the top 10.

Man_Of_Steel
10-14-2007, 08:19 PM
No McFadden? Slaton? Sweed? King?

No way the Falcons pass on a franchise signal caller, one they desperatley need. Dont like the Steelers pick, its a reach. Overall alot of notables missing, in fact you have Felix Jones at the end of round 1 and Run DMC not picked? Alot of players picked out of place but perhaps you have much different positional rankings.

Mr. Stiller
10-14-2007, 08:23 PM
No McFadden? Slaton? Sweed? King?

No way the Falcons pass on a franchise signal caller, one they desperatley need. Dont like the Steelers pick, its a reach. Overall alot of notables missing, in fact you have Felix Jones at the end of round 1 and Run DMC not picked? Alot of players picked out of place but perhaps you have much different positional rankings.

Mcfadden was an oversight... Sweed I have going #2 in round 2. Slaton I think stays. King I didnt feel will come out.

Chris Williams will be a first round LT when all is said and done. He's much better and more consistent than King Dunlap and Barry Richardson who were touted as first rounders earlier this year.

Williams shut down every RDE since the 2nd game of last season not letting up a sack.. Think about the RDE's he's faced in that time and tell me thats not something special.

Man_Of_Steel
10-14-2007, 08:30 PM
Mcfadden was an oversight... Sweed I have going #2 in round 2. Slaton I think stays. King I didnt feel will come out.

Chris Williams will be a first round LT when all is said and done. He's much better and more consistent than King Dunlap and Barry Richardson who were touted as first rounders earlier this year.

Williams shut down every RDE since the 2nd game of last season not letting up a sack.. Think about the RDE's he's faced in that time and tell me thats not something special.

Next time either include juniors or dont. You cant have Malcolm Jankins in but leave out King, Slaton and so on. In the Felix Jones explaination you mentioned DMC, dont know how you could have forgotten him. Dunlap and Richardson were touted as second round/bubble first rounders. Right now there are really 5 olineman in the mix of the first round, Williams is not one of them.

skinzzfan25
10-14-2007, 08:31 PM
You say there is no OL/DL worth taking at 7, but then you have Long taken at 9. I'd rather reach for a position of need, than draft where it is not really needed.

Besides, with Andre Woodson still on the board we would probably trade down.

Crow
10-14-2007, 08:56 PM
9. OAKLAND RAIDERS ~ Chris Long, DE, Virginia
Hoping to luck out and see Calais Campbell fall there is some disappointment. With that said, Chris Long is still a great prospect. He has a non-stop motor and is pretty explosive off the snap. Playing in a 3-4 he doesn't get the same #'s he would in a 4-3. But he'll be a great complete DE. Putting him across from Burgess gives this defense the little bit of help it needs. The only other thing they need on defense is youth.

Huh? We have one starter over 30. Age is not an issue.

Man_Of_Steel
10-14-2007, 08:57 PM
Huh? We have one starter over 30. Age is not an issue.

Haha, I didnt read that. Yea thats the complete opposite.

neko4
10-14-2007, 09:01 PM
not your best one Stiller, terrible packers pick, Jackson and Wynn deserve time to grow

doingthisinsteadofwork
10-14-2007, 09:07 PM
saying we lack youth is laughable.Other than that good pick.

princefielder28
10-14-2007, 09:45 PM
I would be very excited with that pick for GB

Vikes99ej
10-14-2007, 10:14 PM
Good pick for Minnesota.

thebow305
10-14-2007, 11:23 PM
ok mia pick

T-RICH49
10-14-2007, 11:34 PM
depending on what happens with Jared Allen good KC pick

Mr. Stiller
10-14-2007, 11:37 PM
Next time either include juniors or dont. You cant have Malcolm Jankins in but leave out King, Slaton and so on. In the Felix Jones explaination you mentioned DMC, dont know how you could have forgotten him. Dunlap and Richardson were touted as second round/bubble first rounders. Right now there are really 5 olineman in the mix of the first round, Williams is not one of them.

So include everyone eligible regardless of who I think will actually come out?

I think Slaton and King stay. God forbid I forgot DMC.

JPF
10-14-2007, 11:56 PM
20. CAROLINA PANTHERS ~ Xavier Adibi, OLB, Virginia Tech
The Panthers could concievably go a number of ways here. QB, S, CB, LB. I figured they'd go LB. Beason was a great grab last year. Since they can't find a safety here, they decide to grab Adibi. Adibi will allow the Panthers to send Thomas Davis back to Safety.

First, why would we go corner? Second, you overlooked the possibility of OT.

Last but not least, why would we move Thomas Davis back to safety? I think we've moved him around enough between positions.

Caddy
10-15-2007, 01:21 AM
I think the Buc's will end up a little higher than 15, but regardless of that, Brohm would be a great pick-up.

Don Vito
10-15-2007, 01:29 AM
Great Patriots pick, Harvey could start out playing outside and Vrabel could get moved inside and play next to Thomas to replace the aging Seau/Brushi (even though Seau has been playing well he is still very old).

Turtlepower
10-15-2007, 01:46 AM
12. NEW YORK GIANTS ~ Dan Connor, OLB, Penn State
Seeing Rivers go 1 pick earlier disappoints as he's the prototypical Will linebacker. However, with NY it seems that their defense is oft-decimated with Injuries Connor makes perfect sense. He has the Skillset that can be effective in any LB position. He has the size and power to play Sam, the speed to play Will, and experience/ability to cover and shed blocks should Antonio Pierce get injured. He'll slide into Mitchells spot next year.

I'm not going to argue with our placement, but I don't like the Connor pick. He will best translate to ILB or a SAM (disagree about your statement about his speed), while our biggest need is at WILL. Also, Malcolm Jenkins is still on the board and he is probably the best CB I've seen in the past couple years. I see him being a top-10 pick when he comes out, so if he is available for the Giants give him immediately to us.

fenikz
10-15-2007, 02:40 AM
I'm personally not sold on Jenkins, and I fell that if we are going to take a CB might as well wait to the 2nd because I fell the value will be the same with King, Lowery, or Mike Jenkins, but players like Harvey and Groves are very much in a way better then there 2nd round counterparts(Ellis, Crable, Holmes)

draftguru151
10-15-2007, 10:04 AM

Battle or Howard would like to have a word with you.

scar988
10-15-2007, 11:31 AM
1. ATLANTA FALCONS ~ Jake Long, OT, Michigan
Some fans will scream "We want Woodson/Brohm". While that may be very true, there's a very solid amount of talent available at QB. Whereas a OT prospect like Long would be hard to pass up on. With the definite need at OT, It's impossible to pass up Long here.

-great pick... I like long. and we would go BPA between OT, QB and Rb... so Long is a very reasonable pick.

Staubach12
10-15-2007, 11:57 AM
That's way too high for Malcolm Kelly.

Jakey
10-15-2007, 12:20 PM
I like the Steelers pick, i dont know much about Williams, but its definately our greatest need. I'd go as far as saying that Marvel has been the most inconsistent player on the line, and he will definately need replacing soon. Allot of ppl have us taking a corner in round 1, even though i dont think we should take one then, i do think we will take one day one (Deshea's gettin old). Who do you think we look at at corner and in which round???

Man_Of_Steel
10-15-2007, 12:26 PM
I like the Steelers pick, i dont know much about Williams, but its definately our greatest need. I'd go as far as saying that Marvel has been the most inconsistent player on the line, and he will definately need replacing soon. Allot of ppl have us taking a corner in round 1, even though i dont think we should take one then, i do think we will take one day one (Deshea's gettin old). Who do you think we look at at corner and in which round???

Check a page back on the Steelers forum.

Finsfan79
10-15-2007, 01:11 PM
4. MIAMI DOLPHINS ~ Sam Baker, OT, USC
Baker is the tactician/technique type LT. May never be a pro-bowler, but he will be a very reliable and consistent LT from day 1. Miami with this can slide their LT to RT or LG.

Ewwwww NO we need a right tackle not a Left Tackle and we don’t need him this high that is a Monsterous reach bad pick

Yung Flippa
10-16-2007, 09:36 PM
I like the Ravens pick.

TitleTown088
10-19-2007, 05:46 AM
Love the green bay pick.

superfly69
10-20-2007, 01:00 PM
No way Jerry Jones would pass on a franchise RB from his home state and alma-mater. If McFadden is on the board when Dallas picks put a star on his helmet. But he won't be there anyway.