PDA

View Full Version : Optimism.........We All Could Use Some

BigDawg819
10-14-2007, 11:43 PM
I posted this in the Smack Talk Thread but I'll post it here for all Ravens' fans to see:

Call me crazy but I think with the Ravens D getting its swagger back and with a little bit (ok a lot) of improvement, we can beat the Patriots.

Before you bust into hysterics, here me out. We won in dominating fashion today and I don't care about who we played. We caused turnovers and put points on the board, now 5 FG's won't get it done against New England but if we turn 3 of those FG's into TD's we would have won 34-3. Now I realize we won't hold Tom Brady and company to 3 points, but if we can put up 34 points and our Defense is back into form against them I love our chances. I'm not going into a QB debate, no matter whose behind center the key is Red Zone efficiency. If we can right our wrongs in that area and play Defense like we did today, I'm liking our chances at home against the Pats.

dcarey20
10-15-2007, 06:41 PM
I feel like I'm a pretty optimistic fan, and I don't think we have a chance against the Pats. I pray that I'm wrong, but the Pats are looking like one of the most outstanding teams that I've seen in my lifetime. Are they unstoppable? No. But it's going to be a really tough task. They have the best quarterback, receiver, and offensive line in the NFL. Then you throw in the fact that they gameplan better than just about anyone I've ever seen. Obviously if our defense continues to dominant and we can get our red zone efficiency MUCH better, our chances of winning go way up. I also feel Kyle will need to be the quarterback, because if the Cincinnatti Bengals defense exploited Steve McNair's predictability, I don't even want to know what the Pats and Bill Belicheck's gameplaning will be like.