PDA

View Full Version : Jsagan77 2 round mock Draft

jsagan77
10-15-2007, 03:29 AM
This Order is based off of where I see teams at the end of the season and their team needs. It's a lot different than a lot of peoples but what's life without some controversy?

1. St. Louis Rams- Jake Long, OT Michigan

With Pace being injured more often than not and their line problems this year I think that they go T here. Next year I expect them to be a much better team but this year the injury bug has go them down and I don't see them doing much this year.

2. Miami Dolphins - Brian Brohm, QB Louisville

With Trent Green being the crash test dummy of the NFL he can't have too much left in the tank. I believe he will come back next year and Cameron will want a QB in the wings waiting to take over in 2009. He reminds me a lot of Rivers and is a typical Cameron guy.

3. NY Jets- Darren McFadden, RB Arkansas

They see what Peterson is doing this year and thank the lord for his good grace.

4. NO Saints- Glenn Dorsey DT, LSU

Home grown and a load to contain this guy will help their ends immensely by providing that middle rush and taking on double teams. They could also go Phillips here but I believe that they will adress the secondary in FA and later in the draft.

5. Buffalo Bills- Malcom Jenkins CB, Ohio State

If the past tells us anything, necessity takes the place of value when it comes to the NFL. The Bills reach a bit but they get that CB they need to fill the hole that Clements left.

6. Atlanta- Andre' Woodson QB, Kentucky

Woodson falls into their laps and they get their QB of the future. Harrington and Leftwich aren't the answers and these guys are happy that a Jason Campbell clone falls into their laps at the 6 spot.

7. Cincinnati- Kenny Phillips Safety, The U

They have a lot of holes to fill on the defensive side of the ball and with Phillips coming out they get the next great Miami safety.

8. Pats f/49ers- Calais Campbell DE, The U

A lot of people will probably say WTF? He doesn't fit a 3-4. All I have to say is BS. Imagine what Billicheck could do with a 6'8 280 monster that can play multiple positions in that hybrid D-fense. They could also go with Cason here if Samuel leaves but I think they pay him and he stays.

9. Bronco's- Keith Rivers OLB, USC

Again another need vs value pick. They could try to move up and get Phillips but I think they stay put and get Rivers to solidify that LB corps. Since Al Wilson left they aren't the same crew and I think that Rivers can provide an immediate impact.

10. Bears- Sedrick Ellis, DT USC

The Bears fall off this year but they will come back strong next season. They have to stop the run better and Ellis matched with Harris will be unstoppable. They could go reciever here depending on how they feel with their corps.. They could also go RB but I think that they give Benson one more season.

11. Raiders- Derrick Harvey DE, FL

Burgess is great when healthy but they don't have much after that. They bolster their defense with a guy that sky rockets up the boards.

12. Vikings- Matt Ryan QB, Boston College

I think that they could go QB, DE or WR here depending on what they think of Jackson. Rice is going to be the real deal and they could use some more pass rush. I think they give Jackson one more year and develop Ryan for 2009.

13. Hawks- Sam Baker OT, USC

They are going to have a hole to fill at RT once their current guy hits the FA market so I think that this pick is optimal for them.

14. Eagles- Desean Jackson WR, Cal

I'd actually like to put a bigger bodied reciever like Bowman or Sweed but I think that they target Jackson because of his return abilities. Lets face it, they need a dynamic player besides Westbrook and I think that Jackson will fill that role nicely.

15. Texans- Adarius Bowman WR, Oklahoma St

IMO they need to give Shaub anther weapon at WR and this is their guy. Bowman will blow people away at the combine and after a great campaign this year he will take over the #2 WR off the board role. If Sweed has a good combine he could be the pick but I think that the injury could knock him down a bit.

16. Dallas f/ Browns- Malcolm Kelly WR, Oklahoma

I think that they let Jones go and give Barber the reigns. They may get Glenn back and they may not, same with Crayton so with the other 2 guys off the board they go for the big body freak that will give d's fits across from TO.

17. Titans- Early Doucet WR, LSU

Who would have thought that 4 recievers would be off the board already? The draft is a wierd thing ant you have to address needs when they are available. Doucet is a burner and runs great routes and lets face it VY needs a guy like that. They take the reach and get Doucet.

18. Chiefs- Gosder Cherilus OT, BC

The T position is deep this year so they could go a couple of ways. If he comes out I think that they go Cherilus but if not they get Oher. Win win for them.

19. Cards- Quentin Groves DE, Auburn

The Cards may move to the 3-4 and they get a nice pick here with Groves falling to them. I think that Grimm could talk them into taking Loadholt so that they can move thier rook back to his more natural RT position. That D is much improved however, and if they get a pass rush going they will be scary. Groves can be the D-ware of that team.

20. Detroit- Michael Oher LT, Ole Miss

Their OL is giving up way to many sacks and this is their way of stopping that. They get the big LT who can create a wall for Kitna's blind side.

21. Tampa- Jonathan Stewart RB, Oregon St

They could take Jackson or Okam here but Caddilac may never be the same and even if he is I don't see them keeping him after his contract runs out. They get Stewart to work into the O, sharing carries with Caddy until he is comfortable.

22. Panters- James Laurinaitis ILB, OSU

Morgan is all but done IMO and they get 2.0 with this pick

23. Giants- Ryan Clady T, Boise State

The Giants get a steal here because needs allow some good T's fall.

24. Skins- Chris Long DE, Virginia

The Skins are elated that Long falls this far and takes the DE they need oposite Andre Carter. Evans is ok and Daniels is average at best. Long comes in and makes an immediate impact. They could go WR here and pick up Limas Sweed. He is going to drop because of the Injury and I could see them Adressing DE with Jared Allen in the off season.

25. Chargers- Dan Connor OLB, Penn State

It's hard to adress the Chargers because they are so talented. I tink they will take Connor and make him and ILB and Backup OLB. They could go CB here but I think they will give Cromartie a chance before forcing the issue.

26. Ravens- Limas Sweed WR, Texas

Ravens get a steal with Sweed being injured and then falling to them here. I think that they need to give Boller the reigns and a stud receiver to go along with it.

27. Jags- Colt Brennan QB, Hawaii'

Garrard isn't the answer and I think that the Jags have a QB in their sites come draft time.

28. Steelers- Tony Hills, OT Texas

It looks like they ar going to take a hit on the OL when the season is over so I think they will need to address it. They take the bet OT or OG avail.

29. Packers- Felix Jones, RB Arkansas

They could also go Mike Hart or DE here but I expect them to take one of the 2 positions

30. San Fran f/Colts- Kentwan Balmer, DT, NC

Can play DE in the 3-4.

31. Cowboys- Frank Okam, DT/NT Texas.

Okam is huge and will be a force in either the 4-3 or 3-4. Jason Ferguson is ok but they could get better at the position. I could also see them going for a DE here because Spears hasn't lived up to his 1st round status hower I think that Canty could be a force for them leaving Okam as my pick for them.

32. Pats= Forfeit ( it's not like it matters. They are awesome.

Round 2

33. Rams- Antoine Cason, CB , Arizona
34. Miami- Lawrence Jackson, DE, USC
35. NY Jets- Justin King, CB, PSU
36. NO Saints- Chevis Jackson, CB, LSU
37. Bills- Fili Moala, DT, USC
38. Atlanta- Eric Young, OG, Tennessee
39. Cincy- Ali Highsmith, OLB, LSU
40. 49ers- Harry Douglas, Louisville
41. Bronco’s- Craig Steltz, S, LSU
42. Bears- Marcus Griffin, S, Texas
43. Raiders- Terrance Taylor, DT, Michigan
44. Vikings- Kellen Davis, TE, MIchigan State
45. Hawks- Mike Hart, RB, Michigan
46. Eagles- Thomas Decloud, S, Cal
47. Texans- Steve Slaton, RB, WVU
48. Browns- Reggie Smith, CB, OU
49. Titans- Aqib Talib, CB, Kansas
50. Chiefs- Andrew Crummey,OG, Maryland
51. Cards- Phil Loadholt, LT, Oklahoma
52. Detroit- Mike Jenkins, CB, South Florida
53. Tampa- Chris Williams, Vandy
54. Panthers- Tyson Jackson, DE, LSU
55. Giants- Nic Harris, S, OU
56. Skins- Alex Boone, OT, OSU
57. Chargers- Kenan Burton,WR, Kentucky
58. Ravens- Shawn Crable, OLB, Michigan
59. Jags- Earl Bennett, WR, Vandy
60. Steelers- Duke Robinson, OU
61. Packers- Tony Joiner, S, FL
62. Colts- Jasper Brinkley, ILB, SC
63. Cowboys- Josh Barrett, S, Arizona St.
64. Pats- Terrell Thomas, CB, USC

Borat
10-15-2007, 03:31 AM
Colts don't have a 1st round pick. It belongs to SF.

JPF
10-15-2007, 07:03 AM
I could just about buy the Panthers passing on Clady to take Laurinaitis if in the second we had taken Boone.

Both of our starting OT's are free agents and there's almost no chance we bring both back.

NIN1984
10-15-2007, 07:42 AM
Good Raiders pick, I'll take anything on the D-line

T-RICH49
10-15-2007, 07:43 AM
In the second give KC Mike Jenkins or Terrell Thomas.CB is a major need because we are very thin at the posistion

portermvp84
10-15-2007, 10:08 AM
I don't min d the pick but, in the second if Justin Green were to fall he'd be our guy.

Turtlepower
10-15-2007, 10:21 AM
I like the Clady pick with where we are and love the Harris pick in the second. =D

fenikz
10-15-2007, 10:42 AM
You probably don't watch the Cardinals much because we are running a 3-4 and Brown is playing RT, Groves is our best option in the 1st but I would rather have a CB in the 2nd and i seems that you have none going in the 1st which won't happen but either of the Jenkins, King, or Thomas would be great.

scar988
10-15-2007, 11:34 AM
6. Atlanta- Andre' Woodson QB, Kentucky

Woodson falls into their laps and they get their QB of the future. Harrington and Leftwich aren't the answers and these guys are happy that a Jason Campbell clone falls into their laps at the 6 spot.
good pick
38. Atlanta- Eric Young, OG, Tennessee
bad pick. we need a OT not OG. we would get a OT, NT or SS here.
47. Texans- Steve Slaton, RB, WVU
this pick belongs to Atlanta from the Schaub trade.

Turtlepower
10-15-2007, 11:39 AM
I like the Clady pick with where we are and love the Harris pick in the second. =D

After seeing Reggie Smith in the second, I would prefer him to us in the first. You have him falling waaaaaaayyyyy too far.

angelsdontkill
10-15-2007, 11:54 AM
I'm pretty sure Beason is gonna take over for Morgan, so I don't think Carolina is gonna pick a MLB.

And the Dolphins drafted John Beck last year to take over.. They'll probably atleast give him a chance before drafting a QB in round one.

Finsfan79
10-15-2007, 01:12 PM

With Trent Green being the crash test dummy of the NFL he can't have too much left in the tank. I believe he will come back next year and Cameron will want a QB in the wings waiting to take over in 2009. He reminds me a lot of Rivers and is a typical Cameron guy.

there is a better chance of me learning to turn water into wine then us taking a QB in the 1st round :)

Dorsey there please

lod01
10-15-2007, 01:15 PM
No chance the Texans take a WR in the 1st, let alone Bowman. AJ and J. Jones are fine. Don't like the Slaton pick either for them. They do need a RB in round 2 though.

Miami should take Brohm if they are not going to determine if Beck is the answer. But they are obviously stupid as they wasted a 1st on Ginn.

thebow305
10-15-2007, 01:26 PM

there is a better chance of me learning to turn water into wine then us taking a QB in the 1st round :) Dorsey there please

I agree with the QB thing, but we will not take Dorsey either I'm pretty sure.

thebow305
10-15-2007, 01:28 PM
No chance the Texans take a WR in the 1st, let alone Bowman. AJ and J. Jones are fine. Don't like the Slaton pick either for them. They do need a RB in round 2 though.

Miami should take Brohm if they are not going to determine if Beck is the answer. But they are obviously stupid as they wasted a 1st on Ginn.

Yes, we are obviously stupid... good reasoning.

Posters like this shouldn't even be allowed.

Green Bay Scat
10-15-2007, 04:24 PM
wheres Goff? if anything hes been the best Player on Defense aside from DJ Moore. Also im sure a team would trade up early in round 2 to grab EB, hes not going to be a late round 2 unless he runs a 4.55-4.6

foozball
10-15-2007, 04:28 PM
why is everyone giving the texans a WR? theyve got kevin walter who went for 160 yards yesterday, andre davis who had a nice 3 game stretch with big catches in all of them, and the rising jacoby jones. they have bigger needs like LT and RB. schaub is good enough to make do with what he has, and he already has a pro bowl WR in andre johnson

Caddy
10-15-2007, 08:44 PM
Tampa aren't going to take a RB in round 1. They have so many needs that such a move would be a terrible allocation of resources.

skinzzfan25
10-15-2007, 08:54 PM
Amazing skins draft :)

M.O.T.H.
10-16-2007, 02:45 AM
The Cowboys biggest problem is corner...there is no way we pass on the position in both the first and second rounds.

dbtb135
10-16-2007, 04:34 AM
21. Tampa- Jonathan Stewart RB, Oregon St

They could take Jackson or Okam here but Caddilac may never be the same and even if he is I don't see them keeping him after his contract runs out. They get Stewart to work into the O, sharing carries with Caddy until he is comfortable.

53. Tampa- Chris Williams, Vandy
54. Panthers- Tyson Jackson, DE, LSU
59. Jags- Earl Bennett, WR, Vandy

Stewart is an awesome pick round 1.

Round 2 I'd have Jackson and Bennett a little higher, but Williams wouldn't be a terrible pick.

Memorex
10-16-2007, 07:46 PM
Miami is not taking a QB in the first round, period.

MURPHMAN
10-16-2007, 08:11 PM
I'm pretty sure Beason is gonna take over for Morgan, so I don't think Carolina is gonna pick a MLB.

I agree. Beason has exploded now that he is in the middle. Just flip the pick with the Giants, both teams still fill a vital need.

adschofield
10-16-2007, 09:06 PM
So let me get this straight, the Chiefs will pass on Loadholt, Oher, and Clady, who are all better than Cherlius?

BlindSite
10-17-2007, 03:52 AM
Panthers went LB, C, WR DE last year in the first three rounds.

Why would they take a linebacker and DE with their first two?

Finsfan79
10-17-2007, 09:53 AM

Please give us Dorsey there, we don’t need a QB we got one in Beck.

34. Miami- Lawrence Jackson, DE, USC

Okay pick but would prefer Phil Loadholt LT from Oklahoma. Wecan use him at Right tackle he would be a steal

57. Chargers- Kenan Burton,WR, Kentucky

Since we own this pick give us Jasper Brinkley or Terrell Thomas or Tony Joiner S

All could be useful

1. Dorsey DE/DT
2. Loadholt OT
3. Thomas CB

we a nice first 2 round for miami filling needs

Turtlepower
10-17-2007, 10:44 AM
I can't believe you have Phil Loadholt falling to the second round. He is a top-10 player and I would prefer him a million times over Ryan Clady for the Giants.

Xiomera
10-17-2007, 01:58 PM
Nice Detroit picks. Oher and Jenkins address our needs nicely.