PDA

View Full Version : Qb rankings

Staubach12
10-15-2007, 05:00 PM
Halfway through the college season, how are your QBs shaking out? Mine have changed a lot:

1st tier
1. Matt Ryan, BC
2. Andre' Woodson, Kentucky
3. Brian Brohm, Louisville
4. Colt Brennan, Hawaii
2nd tier
5. Sam Keller, Nebraska
6. Erik Ainge, Tennessee
7. John David Booty, USC
Third tier
8. Chad Henne, Michigan
9. Dennis Dixon, Oregon
10. Joe Flacco, Delware

P-L
10-15-2007, 05:25 PM
1. Andre' Woodson (Top 10 pick)
2. Matt Ryan (Top 15 pick)
3. Brian Brohm (1st Round pick)
4. Erik Ainge (2nd Round pick)
5. Colt Brennan (2nd-3rd Round pick)
6. Chad Henne (2nd-3rd Round pick)
7. Sam Keller (3rd Round pick)
8. Dennis Dixon (3rd Round pick)
9. John David Booty (4th Round pick)
10. Josh Johnson (4th Round pick)

foozball
10-15-2007, 05:32 PM
i think andre woodson is still the #1 QB prospect. he's just got more upside than ryan

soybean
10-15-2007, 05:35 PM
im glad sam keller is still getting respect even with the downward spiral that the cornhuskers seem to be on.

yo123
10-15-2007, 05:45 PM
im glad sam keller is still getting respect even with the downward spiral that the cornhuskers seem to be on.

Agreed. I still think hes a second round player.

1. Matt Ryan
2. Brian Brohm
3. Andre Woodson
4. Sam Keller
5. Erik Ainge
6. Dennis Dixon
7. Colt Brennan
8. Chad Henne
9. JDB
10. Josh Johnson

duckseason
10-15-2007, 05:49 PM
Looks like you guys (S12/PL) are both predicting a collapse from Dixon. Can't blame you for that after what happened last year. I'm just hoping the loss (for the season) of 3 of his top weapons doesn't hurt too bad. We've got some young guys that should be able to step in and produce, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Dixon struggle with timing and communication with so many new targets. If he perseveres and continues his outstanding play, I'll be very impressed. Can't argue with 3rd round right now, but I think he has the potential to climb to the 1st. My guess is he'll end up being selected somewhere in the 2nd. He's just far too dynamic to slip very far. But I guess it all depends on how many teams are looking for a QB in that range, and who wants a guy with his particular attributes.

M.O.T.H.
10-15-2007, 06:05 PM
Woodson has not been playing anywhere near a top ten pick.

1. Ryan
2. Brohm
3. Woodson
4. Ainge (i actually like Ainge more than Woodson)
5. Brennan
6. Dixon

I'm not as high on Keller...delivery is awkward and he pushes the football.

princefielder28
10-15-2007, 06:13 PM
1. Andre Woodson
2. Brian Brohm
3. Colt Brennan
4. Matt Ryan
5. Erik Ainge
6. Sam Keller
7. Dennis Dixon
8. Chad Henne

adschofield
10-15-2007, 06:33 PM
I really like Woodson...I think he's the best QB in the draft followed by Ryan and then Brohm

PACKmanN
10-15-2007, 06:48 PM
didn't Dennis Dixon get drafted by the Braves? so how is he still able to be drafted?

adschofield
10-15-2007, 06:56 PM
didn't Dennis Dixon get drafted by the Braves? so how is he still able to be drafted?

If he signs with a NFL team, he doesn't get the signing bonus from the Braves

M.O.T.H.
10-15-2007, 06:59 PM

Doesnt matter...college football players get drafted by baseball teams all the time. Dixon is a football player through and through...he wasnt too hot in his minor league stint really either. His future is in the NFL, Braves wasted a pick.

Quincy Carter
Jeff Samarjzda
Chris Weinke
Doug Johnson
Chad Hutchinson
Drew Henson
Matt Mauk
Akili Smith

All were drafted at some point...and the list goes on and on...

JDB7821
10-16-2007, 04:58 AM

It doesn't matter, Michael Vick was drafted by a MLB team too. That just means they have his rights if by some odd chance he decides to play baseball instead of football.

asu2100
10-17-2007, 03:53 PM

well the cornhuskers are nto helping him out AT ALL. The games that i have watched so far this year his recievers have been terrible.

Cashmoney
10-17-2007, 04:03 PM
1) Brian Brohm
2) Matt Ryan
3) Andre Woodson
4) Erik Ainge
5) Chad Henne
6) Dennis Dixon
7) Colt Brennan
8) Sam Keller
9) John David Booty

Staubach12
10-17-2007, 05:33 PM
1) Brian Brohm
2) Matt Ryan
3) Andre Woodson
4) Erik Ainge
5) Chad Henne
6) Dennis Dixon
7) Colt Brennan
8) Sam Keller
9) John David Booty

Why so low on Brennan?

toonsterwu
10-17-2007, 05:38 PM
1. Matt Ryan - Top 10, potentially top 5
2. Andre' Woodson - Top 10
3. Brian Brohm - mid-late 1st rounder
4. Erik Ainge - Early-mid 2nd rounder
5. Dennis Dixon - 2nd rounder
6. Josh Johnson - 3rd rounder
7. Colt Brennan - 3rd rounder
8. John David Booty - midrounder
9. Joe Flacco - midrounder
10. Chad Henne - midrounder

midrounder - anywhere from the 3rd-5th ... the two 3rd rounders I have, I'm more confident in them being in the 3rd right now

BucSappy
10-17-2007, 05:41 PM
Why so low on Brennan?

1. He's 25 years old
2. Small frame
3. Average arm strength
4. System makes him look better than what he is
5. Plays against really bad competition
6. Turns the ball over
7. Character concerns with the Colorado incident
8. Not a lot of upside

Travis 24
10-17-2007, 07:11 PM
1. Brian Brohm
2. Andre Woodson
3. Matt Ryan
4. Erik Ainge
5. Josh Johnson
6. Paul Smith
7. Colt Brennan
8. Chad Henne
9. Sam Kellar
10. Omar Haugabook

draftguru151
10-17-2007, 07:21 PM
I've got the same thing as PL but Ryan and Woodson are more of 1a and 1b (I'm pretty sure he thinks of it relatively close to that as well) and I have Dixon and Josh Johnson switched. I'm not really liking Dixon, right now I see him as a fringe day 1/early day 2 guy at best, but that can definitely change before the end of the season.

underscore
10-17-2007, 07:38 PM
1. He's 25 years old
2. Small frame
3. Average arm strength
4. System makes him look better than what he is
5. Plays against really bad competition
6. Turns the ball over
7. Character concerns with the Colorado incident
8. Not a lot of upside

Sounds about right to me. Throw in mechanics with his sidearm stuff.

Cashmoney
10-17-2007, 11:07 PM
Why so low on Brennan?

I guess its just i wouldnt touch a hawaii or texas tech or houston QB or a QB from any of those types of schools until one of them gets to the pros and actually proves something.

Geo
10-17-2007, 11:19 PM
Well, if you've read my posts, this probably isn't surprising in any way:

Top 10 picks
1. Andre Woodson, Kentucky
2. Matt Ryan, Boston College
3. Brian Brohm. Louisville

Early/mid 2nd round pick
4. Erik Ainge, Tennessee

Mid/late 2nd round pick
5. Dennis Dixon, Oregon

Primetime21
10-17-2007, 11:22 PM
I guess its just i wouldnt touch a hawaii or texas tech or houston QB or a QB from any of those types of schools until one of them gets to the pros and actually proves something.

Steve McNair was in an offense resembling those schools and you could almost put Vince Young but I dont think so.

San Diego Chicken
10-17-2007, 11:55 PM
Here's my top 8 with my opinions/comparisons for the "Big three"

1 - Brian Brohm, Louisville

Positives - Three year starter. Highly intelligent; has played in two different offensive systems and excelled in both. Has an NFL arm, and hits his targets deep down the seams or down the sideline, forcing the defense to defend the entire field. Takes chances but makes good desisions. Great completion percentage throughout his career. Has good feet in the pocket and a great feel for where the pressure is coming from. Short release, no wasted motions, and the ball snaps well out of his hand.

Negatives - Isn't a threat to run at all, a pure pocket passer. Possibly a product of good coaching and may possess limited upside. Isn't a great athlete in the mold of a Carson Palmer. Quality of defense he routinely faces sometimes leaves something to be desired. While he has a good NFL arm, it's not an elite one. Spends alot of time in the shotgun.

Best case - Troy Aikman
Worst case - Tim Couch

2 - Matt Ryan, Boston College

Positives - Three year starter, has an live arm and can put great velocity on his passes. Has a tight release and the football explodes off of his hand. Tough guy, mature and the leader of his offense. Has solid feet in the pocket and mechanically sound. Transitioned from a conservative offense to a wide open, pass first attack which has really taken advantage of his ability. He is a playmaking quarterback who is asked to make and delivers a lot of NFL style passes.

Negatives - Isn't a threat to run although he is an underrated athlete. Production was mediocre before the coaching change and his sudden jump might be a system concern. Will miss a few throws. Will throw interceptions and has had too many returned for touchdowns this season. Stares his recievers down at times.

Best case - Jim Everett
Worst case - Trent Dilfer

3- Andre Woodson, Kentucky

Positive - Experienced 3 year starter who had his biggest leap from his sophomore to junior seasons. Great size and build for the position. Solid leadership ability and has command of the huddle. Strong arm and makes intermediate passes on a line. Makes use of all the weapons he has at his disposal, including his tight ends and running backs. Cool and poised under pressure. Takes what the defense gives him, owns an NCAA record for consecutive passes without an interception. Has outstanding production over the last two seasons.

Negatives - Release is long and contains too much wasted motion. Is a good athlete but not a threat to run the ball. Feet are a little slow in the pocket, isn't comfortable under pressure. Took him a while for the light bulb to come on and he might need some seasoning early in his career. Doesn't beat alot of teams downfield, more content to work the short and intermediate passing game.

Best case - Bernie Kosar
Worst case - Byron Leftwich

4) Erik Ainge
5) Josh Johnson
6) Dennis Dixon
7) Chad Henne
8) Colt Brennan

Geo
10-28-2007, 08:04 PM
Well, if you've read my posts, this probably isn't surprising in any way:

Top 10 picks
1. Andre Woodson, Kentucky
2. Matt Ryan, Boston College
3. Brian Brohm. Louisville

Early/mid 2nd round pick
4. Erik Ainge, Tennessee

Mid/late 2nd round pick
5. Dennis Dixon, Oregon
I've got the same rankings two weeks later, despite Woodson and Ryan not having great games on a whole this past week. Really, I like each of the Big Three and they're pretty close for me. I'd probably grade Dixon more mid 2nd than late 2nd right now, and maybe Ainge more mid 2nd than early 2nd.

natepurcell
10-28-2007, 11:08 PM
Great Analysis by San Diego Chicken.

CARDIAC CAT 7
10-29-2007, 12:33 AM
1. Andre Woodson , KEN - Love his composure and his ability to take what the defense gives him, doesnt really have any weakness (besides maybe age).
2. Brian Brohm , LOU - Gutsy Competitor that can make every throw, bound to land in ATL (sink or swim with Petrino).
3. Matt Ryan , BC - Leadership qualities displayed every week continues to step up when most needed.
4. Alex Brink , WASH ST - Continues to climb my board, can really zip the ball and has the best pocket composure out of any QB in the NCAA, someone on this website please watch him play and tell me im not crazy , PLEASE!!!
5. Colt Brennan , HAW - Fiery competitor thats not gun shy, Frame and injury issues make me shy away + System QB label has not been completely shaken off.
6. Erik Ainge , TEN - Just looks like a NFL QB, plays better in high tempo situations and could move up if he can be more consistent.
7. Josh Johnson , SD - Tearing up the D-IIA league last time I checked hasnt thrown a INT, will be this years small school prospect to slip into DAY 1.
8. Paul Smith , TULSA - Playmaker who doesnt quit, demands respect from all his teammates, size is only issue.
9. Dennis Dixon , ORG - Not complete convinced hes a NFL QB (change to Wideout), he can make all the throws though, its his stature that is so unimpressive, hopefully not another on the fence football/baseball player.
10. Seth Adams , MISS - Stole the job from Brent Schaffer (5 Star Recruit), havent seen much of him but he has outstanding arm strength, he may be feeding off of the great running game though.

soybean
10-29-2007, 12:44 AM
I know he's technically not a bust yet, but...

I think the worst case scenario for andre woodson would be jason campbell.

D-Unit
10-29-2007, 01:14 AM
Where'd all the "Chad Henne" is the greatest supporters go?

Turtlepower
10-29-2007, 01:30 AM
Where'd all the "Chad Henne" is the greatest supporters go?

There too busy trying to give Mike Hart a Heisman (come on, it was too easy).