PDA

View Full Version : Jonathan Goff - LB - Vandy

Green Bay Scat
10-15-2007, 05:42 PM
so far this season he has 54 tackles, 2 sacks(5 yards) 1 INT, 3 PD, 2 BU and 4 QBH. hes 6'4" and 235lbs, and if anyone watched the Georgia Vandy game, he was quite good in coverage, so he isnt just a "tall big guy" that would be a ILB in a 3-4. I think his best possition is a MLB in a cover 2, as he doesnt seem like a thumper but a tacticion. he seems to go for the safe tackle more often then the big hit. He seems to take some bad angles, but that might be because he tries to cut behind the lineman. He looked very smooth in coverage and looked like he turned his hips well, although i couldnt always see, but he still doesnt get any love. I dont think hes played bad this year but no one seems to think highly of him(maybe cause hes on a 3-3 team). I want opinions on him.

Smokey Joe
10-15-2007, 07:33 PM
I think his best fit is as a MIKE in a cover 2 as well. Also, I think he goes as early as late first but will likely go in the top half of the 2nd.

JDB7821
10-16-2007, 04:50 AM
Anybody else have a scouting report on him? The Falcons need a middle linebacker that doesn't get pushed around all the time (Brooking) and this guy seems to be pretty good. Can he shed blocks? Does he make a lot of plays at or behind the line of scrimmage?