PDA

View Full Version : RB Situation Solved?

Caddy
10-16-2007, 06:01 AM
http://www.kansascity.com/sports/chiefs/story/318881.html

Huge rumour flying around that the Buc's have traded for Michael Bennett. The KC Star say that they confirmed the trade with Bennett but the Chiefs have not confirmed it.

If this is true I actually don't mind it too much. Bennett might be a nice complement to the power running of Earnest Graham.

I guess when I wake up in the morning I'll find out if it's true or not.

Beans
10-16-2007, 08:02 AM
Michael Bennett =/= Solved

Jughead10
10-16-2007, 08:11 AM
There were some rumors, not very strong ones, that you guys might trade for Rueben Droughns. Then all of a sudden Rueben got a goal line carry last night and more carries than he has seen all year. Some of that was due to injury to other guys, but I think we may have been showcasing him last night for you. He seems better suited to be a 15-20 carry back than either Graham or Bennett. We'll see if it happens.

Splat
10-16-2007, 09:30 AM
Chiefs fan here from what I understand it is a done deal we had to make room for Priest Holmes on our 53.

zCaddyz
10-16-2007, 01:59 PM
wasn't he a track star or something adn can he catch out of the backfield

Splat
10-16-2007, 03:10 PM
wasn't he a track star or something adn can he catch out of the backfield

Yes and Yes he is super fast and can catch but he is not a guy that is going to break to many tackles he needs OL help give him a lane and he is gone. The biggest problem with him is he has had ham string trouble since he has came in to the NFL.

adschofield
10-16-2007, 04:29 PM
If he gets some blocking, he'll be serviceable, but otherwise he's worthless in the running game...But he can catch and block well

Caddy
10-16-2007, 05:23 PM
He won't be asked to carry the load and we need some help so it's a decent trade. Maybe he'll be able to do something in a WCO.

adschofield
10-16-2007, 05:28 PM
He won't be asked to carry the load and we need some help so it's a decent trade. Maybe he'll be able to do something in a WCO.

Yeah, he'll work well in a WCO, but he will flop if he has to carry more than 10-15 carries.