PDA

View Full Version : weasel's mock draft 1.0

weasel
10-16-2007, 11:55 AM
Miami - stung by poor QB play and an aging OL the Dolphins must choose between Brohm and Long. While a trade here is highly probable, the Dolphins grab Brian Brohm

Buffalo - The Bills have taken steps to improve and already have a RB. Dallas might trade up to grab McFadden but if they don't the Bills take a giant step towards rebuilding the OL with Jake Long

St. Louis - Benefits by trading down one spot. New Orleans fears the Cowboys are planning to jump up and grab Darren McFadden so the Saints give up their second round pick to grab the #1 talent in the draft. Pick traded to New Orleans who selects Darren McFadden.

St. Louis the Rams need help in the secondary and grab Kenny Phillips who is the best DB in the draft.

Atlanta - The Falcons need help everywhere and they select Glenn Dorsey a peerless DT who can penetrate and control the line of scrimmage.

Dallas - Calais Campbell will make the defense better. By grabbing Campbell here and a cover corner later Dallas greatly improves its defense. Cleveland's pick for Quinn.

New York Jets - Chris Long is a great DE and he will fit the Mangini version well. It fits better than reaching for a WR.

Minnesota - If no one else sees the problem in Minnesota I do and it is at QB and WR. It would be obvious to anyone else not affiliated with the head coach that a QB is the number one need. Matt Ryan rises on draft day and becomes the second QB drafted.

Kansas City - the Chiefs must retool the OL before they fall into obscurity and waste LJ's career. Sam Baker is a touted LT to build around.

Cincinnati - By default the Bengal defense has a poor linebacking corps and Keith Rivers is a big jump ahead of all the rest of the OLB's in this draft.

Oakland needs help and Gosder Cherilous is a great run blocker. Lamont Jordan finds a benefactor.
Philadelphia - Pulls off a homer pick in grabbing Dan Connor.

Detroit - Lions need a monster LT and Ryan Clady fits the bill perfectly. 63 sacks in 2006, and on pace for 85 in 2007. This O-line sucks.

I will return when I am able to edit and finish this post.

New England - The Patriots always seem to draft players to fit their scheme. With Tedy Bruschi winding down a great career the Patriots draft his replacement -James Laurenaitis. This is a pick they acquired through a trade.

Chicago The Bears are laboring under a poor offensive scheme and they are in need of aRB and maybe two wideouts . Griese will never lead them to a Superbowl but he is cheap enough to lead them back to the playoffs if you give them some help. The OL is aging but help is probably a year away. The Bears take the best corner available, Malcolm Jenkins, and will build through the draft and FA. (Worst possible move by the Bears was to let Thomas Jones go.)

Carolina - Carolina Panthers take a shot on Andre Woodson who has fallen farther than he imagined.

Denver - The Broncos need a WR as badly as any other position. Limas Sweed makes the most sense as Desean Jackson's stock has taken a big hit.

Arizona - The Cardinals are improving and have lots of weapons. Look for OL or DB here and best guess says the best CB/S available and that might just be Reggie Smith to play safety

Tampa Bay - Tampa Bay has so many needs they need to pick a sore spot and fill it with the best player available. At this point, Sedrick Ellis makes sense as a good fit as a Tampa 2 DT.

Houston - Jonathon Stewart is a load at RB and projects well in Houston. There is a need to get a tackle and there are several still on the board in Tony Hills and Chris Williams but they are reaches at this point.

Washington - The Redskins can go in many directions. WR and DE are the two most pressing needs. OL is another. Washington grabs the best remaining DE in the draft, Tyson Jackson.

Seattle - Jeremy Perry to replace Steve Hutchinson and keep Alexander healthy and Hasselback upright. A RB would not be amiss but Forsett and a few others will be available in the second.

San Diego - Where does this team need help? WR and DB. Adarius Bowman goes to the Bolts.

New York Giants - Giants grab a CB to fill in the Defensive Backfield. King and Mike Jenkins are still available and the Giants grab Mike Jenkins from South Florida.

Baltimore Ravens need a QB and a DE and a CB. The Ravens ask the Question Colt Brennan or Quentin Groves and go with their strength and get a pass rushing OLB/DE. Quentin Groves is the selection.

Tennessee A WR is what this offense really needs. Early Doucet is one of the best and is a good fit in Tennessee.

Green Bay - The offense needs a TE and a RB. Fred Davis and Martin Rucker would immediately become Favre's favorite targets. On the oher hand, Slaton would help the running game.. The pack takes Steve Slaton

Jacksonville I believe they take a shot at QB here and a flyer on Colt Brennan or Derrick Harvey. OL and DE are other possibilities. Colt Brennan is the selection.

Pittsburgh the Steelers must rebuild their O-line. George Robinson is a lineman who will tear your face off and Faneca is probably gone so the Steelers do some damage control.

Dallas - Selecting a corner from what remains availale will be difficult. Justin King, Antoine Cason, Dwight Lowery, Dejuan Tribble ,Agib Talib and Terrell Thomas are all possibilities. The Cowboys select Justin King.

San Francisco - Derrick Harvey is a classic tweener in the mold of Julian Peterson. This is Indy's pick traded to SF.

Finsfan79
10-16-2007, 11:56 AM
Miami - stung by poor QB play and an aging OL the Dolphins must choose between Brohm and Long. While a trade here is highly probable, the Dolphins grab Brian Brohm

miami does not need a QB, we drafted one in the 2nd round last year that we wanted more then Quinn. We were going to trade up into the 1st round for him.

Miami wont draft a QB

saintsfan912
10-16-2007, 01:09 PM
Did you seriously trade a 2nd from the Saints to move up one spot to draft McFadden? Do you not remember we have Reggie Bush AND Deuce McAllister. Sure Deuce is hurt alot but there is already too much money tied up in the backs and not enough in the DBacks. Give us Dorsey or Phillips, its common sense man.

Scotty D
10-16-2007, 01:10 PM
Nice try. :)

Crazy_Chris
10-16-2007, 02:12 PM
Nice Vikings Pick Matt Ryan is the perfect fit.

scar988
10-16-2007, 03:54 PM
Atlanta - The Falcons need help everywhere but elect to select Glenn Dorsey a peerless NT who can penetrate and control the line of scrimmage.

no, nbto everywhere, btu a lot of places.. we won't waste a pick on UT Glenn Dorsey though. he isn't an NT by a logn shot. we would get an OT or QB with our first pick as those are our biggest needs.

MaddHatter
10-16-2007, 03:57 PM
Did you seriously trade a 2nd from the Saints to move up one spot to draft McFadden? Do you not remember we have Reggie Bush AND Deuce McAllister. Sure Deuce is hurt alot but there is already too much money tied up in the backs and not enough in the DBacks. Give us Dorsey or Phillips, its common sense man.

I didn't believe it either...

weasel
10-16-2007, 10:28 PM
Dolphin fans...franchise QB trumps other needs
John Beck is not playing for you, your current QB stinks and he is still not playing. If you have an opportunity to draft a franchise QB, you do it. Do you guys really think Beck is a franchise QB? I don't, much the same as I feel the Lions wasted a pick in the second round last year on Drew Stanton.
Saints fans...NO team needs DT, MLB, RB
I sure did. Deuce has had the wheels come off twice in the last two years and is almost thirty. Bush is not a RB. If you want to call him one then line him up and hand him the ball. What you have is a glorified athlete who should be playing one position instead of trying to play three. Case in point, Brian Westbrook. He is what Bush should be. A RB that splits out to take advantage of his mismatch potential. Don't get me wrong. I want every pick I make to be a good one. The reason I had them trade was to keep Dallas from trading up to get McFadden, that's why it cost a second round pick.
Atlanta fans...Which QB do you want at 005 overall? Is there a LT you want at 005? A safety that wasn't already selected. To me that means DT and Dorsey is the elite DT in this draft. Is he built like any NT you know? No, but he is the best DT available.

By the way thanks for responding.

bearsfan_51
10-16-2007, 10:32 PM
Dear Weasel,

There are 32 teams in the NFL.

Best,

bearsfan_51

weasel
10-16-2007, 10:41 PM
Did you and and friend take off your shoes to get to 32? If you read the post it stated I left for work. Well I am back and I am continuing with the mock and when I am done there will only be 31 teams drafting in the first round. Current events doesn't seem to be your strength either. Thanks for posting.

bearsfan_51
10-16-2007, 10:46 PM
Did you and and friend take off your shoes to get to 32? If you read the post it stated I left for work. Well I am back and I am continuing with the mock and when I am done there will only be 31 teams drafting in the first round. Current events doesn't seem to be your strength either. Thanks for posting.
It's so true. And not only can I count, I can make a mock that isn't ******** and has more analysis than:

"Pulls off a homer pick in grabbing Dan Connor"

or put together sentences that are coherent unlike:

"If no one else sees the problem in Minnesota it would be obviousto anyone else not affiliated with the head coach that a QB is the number one need."

But no...really....you should mock other people's intelligence. Great post. I'm sure you'll be around here for a long time.

weasel
10-17-2007, 12:00 AM
I wouldn't have responded in the way I did. I don't care how often you post, being rude means you get what you have coming. You think I didn't know there were 32 teams in the NFL. It seems like you were questioning my intelligence, while exposing your lack of manners and knowledge of NFL current events. If you are a moderator and I doubt it then have my post deleted. Otherwise, can the BS. Nobody wants to hear from you.

neko4
10-17-2007, 12:04 AM
terrible GB pick, we just drafted a damn RB, give the dude a chance. We need CB's before Al and Charles get old and suck and so he can replace Jarrett Bush who is a big reason why we give up so many pass yards (and poor LB coverage)

Turtlepower
10-17-2007, 12:10 AM
Justin King > Mike Jenkins. That is all. =D

bearsfan_51
10-17-2007, 12:33 AM

That's nice.

Your Bears pick was the dumbest pick you possibly could have made. Honestly, there isn't a dumber move possible.

We have Tillman, Vasher, and Ricky Manning Jr all under contract until at least 2010. We just gave about 30 million dollars in guaranteed money to Tillman and Vasher-both of whom are under the age of 27 I believe.

And you are giving us a corner in the 1st round when our quarterback is Brian Griese and two of our starting o-lineman are 34 and 35. Brilliant.

Unless you think Jenkins can play safety that makes no sense. Even then it's a terrible terrible pick. I'd honestly rather draft a longsnapper. At least he would play.

bearsfan_51
10-17-2007, 12:34 AM
You also gave out Jonathan Stewart twice.

And you spelled Jonathan wrong.

Twice.

Caddy
10-17-2007, 03:25 AM
Solid Buc pick. Ellis and Haye/Peterson would make a good duo.

scar988
10-17-2007, 03:48 AM
Atlanta fans...Which QB do you want at 005 overall? Is there a LT you want at 005? A safety that wasn't already selected. To me that means DT and Dorsey is the elite DT in this draft. Is he built like any NT you know? No, but he is the best DT available.

- you do realize that DT in atlanta is 2 different spots right? UT is the penetrator (like Dorsey) and we already have 2 deep there in pro bowler Rod Coleman and John Babineaux. NT is the plugger . We would get Woodson or Ryan at QB at 5, or we would get Baket at OT at 5... all 3 guys are worth the pick. We won't get a safety until the 3rd... thanks for proving you know nothing about the Falcons... good job.

weasel
10-17-2007, 09:02 AM
I dropped Woodson a great deal. I initially had him going to Atlanta but dropped him after starting this mock. I don't believe he is top 5 material. I don't feel Baker is either. There is more than one way to play NT and a quick disruptive guy may change the way NT is looked at. Dorsey is that good. But I see your point in maybe reaching for either player you mention. And if Kenny Phillips is available I don't see you guys passing either.

scar988
10-17-2007, 09:07 AM
I dropped Woodson a great deal. I initially had him going to Atlanta but dropped him after starting this mock. I don't believe he is top 5 material. I don't feel Baker is either. There is more than one way to play NT and a quick disruptive guy may change the way NT is looked at. Dorsey is that good. But I see your point in maybe reaching for either player you mention. And if Kenny Phillips is available I don't see you guys passing either.

wow, you know absolutely nothing about the Falcons if you think we woudl take a safety with our first pick. we view the S spot as a lower tier spot than anything else and haven't drafted one since McKay has been here. we will not take Phillips in the first, we won't even go S in the first day if we go S at all. thanks for showing how little you know about Atlanta... thank you. and Baker is easily a top 5 player and so is Woodson. We won't waste a pick on a position that is isn't a need in DT because of Lewis's recent performance. we have Grady Jackson and Trey Lewis doing a great job at NT, then we have Rod Coleman and John Babineaux at UT. if we go NT it will not be in the first day. and we will not waste a pick on Dorsey. we don't have the luxury to take a backup DT in the first 5 picks. wow, thanks for not knowing a damn thing about football let alone the Falcons.

Finsfan79
10-17-2007, 09:45 AM
[QUOTE=weasel;675128]Dolphin fans...franchise QB trumps other needs
John Beck is not playing for you, your current QB stinks and he is still not playing. If you have an opportunity to draft a franchise QB, you do it. Do you guys really think Beck is a franchise QB? I don't, much the same as I feel the Lions wasted a pick in the second round last year on Drew Stanton.
Saints fans...NO team needs DT, MLB, RB
I sure did. Deuce has had the wheels come off twice in the last two years and is almost thirty. Bush is not a RB. If you want to call him one then line him up and hand him the ball. What you have is a glorified athlete who should be playing one position instead of trying to play three. Case in point, Brian Westbrook. He is what Bush should be. A RB that splits out to take advantage of his mismatch potential. Don't get me wrong. I want every pick I make to be a good one. The reason I had them trade was to keep Dallas from trading up to get McFadden, that's why it cost a second round pick.

yes dolphins fans feel beck is their Franchise QB

No that is not BPA on the board
No that is not Biggest Need on the team

Miami should be taking Dorsey or trading back. If we are taking BPA then take McFadden as he is BPA for the draft period, if we are drafting need then Dorsey or long perhaps (right tackle is a need).

Ryan is a better QB then Brohm and I like brohm.
Brohm is the 3rd best QB in the fricken draft

weasel
10-17-2007, 12:04 PM
I think Brohm is better than you have him pegged. You might want Dorsey but If I were a Dolphins fan I would want a QB or a LT. QB because I do not believe Beck is the answer and you do not pass on a franchise QB if you do not have one.

thebow305
10-17-2007, 01:17 PM
I think Brohm is better than you have him pegged. You might want Dorsey but If I were a Dolphins fan I would want a QB or a LT. QB because I do not believe Beck is the answer and you do not pass on a franchise QB if you do not have one.

You don't seem to get that we DO BELIEVE that Beck will be our Franchise QB, that's why we drafted him at the top of round 2 and damn near traded up into the first to get him.

We're going defense or OT with our first pick, period!

Finsfan79
10-17-2007, 01:42 PM

our left tackle is perhaps the best left tackle in football this year. Why replace that? He started with a stumble but he has been a monster passing and run blocking since then.

A right tackle is a need but taking a Right tackle with the first pick is foolish.

Just because you dont like beck doesnt mean those that have watched his practices and watches his preseason didnt. There are ALOT of things to like for this young man.

Between his arm, worth ethic, leadership, smarts, pure ability and Specially how much he works and the attitude he brings he is a huge plus.

He will start after the bye week and then can decide what he is like. But I would take Ryan over a system QB like Brohm easily even if we did need a QB.

Dorsey is the best player there available he fills the DE/DT in the hybrid system and would be a huge addition with Roth on the other side.

thebow305
10-17-2007, 02:08 PM
our left tackle is perhaps the best left tackle in football this year. Why replace that? He started with a stumble but he has been a monster passing and run blocking since then.

A right tackle is a need but taking a Right tackle with the first pick is foolish.

Just because you dont like beck doesnt mean those that have watched his practices and watches his preseason didnt. There are ALOT of things to like for this young man.

Between his arm, worth ethic, leadership, smarts, pure ability and Specially how much he works and the attitude he brings he is a huge plus.

He will start after the bye week and then can decide what he is like. But I would take Ryan over a system QB like Brohm easily even if we did need a QB.

Dorsey is the best player there available he fills the DE/DT in the hybrid system and would be a huge addition with Roth on the other side.

I agree about Brohm, he needs the right system to do well, and I would take Ryan over him any day of the week, even Woodson.

I'm still not sold about Dorsey being a good fit for the 3-4. I also am not sold that the DT/DE position is our biggest need for our top pick in the draft. Rodrique has been playing extemely well and we drafted Soliai in the 4th round last year, he has also played well at times. Depending on where our pick is, we might be forced to take a RT, but if we win a couple, Kenny Phillips would be the pick that would benefit us the most.

Average OT LB
10-17-2007, 02:11 PM
I like the pick for the chargers. Finally someone other than Scott realizes we're not gonna draft an LB first round. Thankyou weasel for this breath of fresh air, well done.

thebow305
10-17-2007, 02:14 PM
I like the pick for the chargers. Finally someone other than Scott realizes we're not gonna draft an LB first round. Thankyou weasel for this breath of fresh air, well done.

LB Seems more likely than a WR after the Chambers trade.

weasel
10-17-2007, 09:36 PM
I like Vernon Carey but billing him as the top left tackle in the game is stretching your point. I assume he is still playing there as I have not had the occasion to watch the Dolphins yet.

thebow305
10-17-2007, 10:19 PM
I like Vernon Carey but billing him as the top left tackle in the game is stretching your point. I assume he is still playing there as I have not had the occasion to watch the Dolphins yet.

i agree. He is doing good this year but none of our Oline's pass blocking has been any more than mediocre, the run blocking is phenomenal though!

Joeyjr09
10-18-2007, 01:14 AM
Weasel, no one cares if you think John Beck is the future at QB or not. The Dolphins front office and coaching staff feels he is a franchise QB and they are the one that matter. Why on earth would a team picking 1st in the draft with numerous holes pick a franchise QB when they feel they already have one on the roster. QB and RB are the only two positions we won't draft.

Jake Long or Glenn Dorsey is the pick there are run stoppin has been our biggest problem.

FinsFan79, don't get ahead of yourself with Carey. He has played well this year but he's not even close to being a top NFL OT. If we draft Long then Carey will be moved back to RT where his skills are a better fit and the line will improve as a whole. Dorsey should be the pick tho. He would be the true playmaking force in pass rush and run game that our DL has been missing all season.

Turtlepower
10-19-2007, 01:33 PM
This pick will never happen because Miami selected a QB that they seem fit for the future. I don't believe John Beck is the answer, but the Dolphins front office does, and that is why they will not select a WR.

Buffalo - The Bills have taken steps to improve and already have a RB. Dallas might trade up to grab McFadden but if they don't the Bills take a giant step towards rebuilding the OL with Jake Long
The Bills have too much money wrapped up in their OL to spend some money on another OT.

St. Louis - Benefits by trading down one spot. New Orleans fears the Cowboys are planning to jump up and grab Darren McFadden so the Saints give up their second round pick to grab the #1 talent in the draft. Pick traded to New Orleans who selects Darren McFadden.
HORRIBLE MOVE. Why would New Orleans move up to get a RB when it has been obvious all season that their biggest concerns are on defense.

St. Louis the Rams need help in the secondary and grab Kenny Phillips who is the best DB in the draft.
They need a safety and it fits need, but I think it is a reach for Phillips. But need trumps value, so not so bad of a pick.

Atlanta - The Falcons need help everywhere and they select Glenn Dorsey a peerless DT who can penetrate and control the line of scrimmage.
They need a QB plain and simple and with Matt Ryan and Woodson still on the board, I can't see them passing on them. The defense has actaully looked somewhat solid this year, so passing on a QB is a giant mistake.

Dallas - Calais Campbell will make the defense better. By grabbing Campbell here and a cover corner later Dallas greatly improves its defense. Cleveland's pick for Quinn.
Campbell does not project to a 3-4 at all. Bad pick.

New York Jets - Chris Long is a great DE and he will fit the Mangini version well. It fits better than reaching for a WR.
Good pick. They need a 3-4 DE and Chris Long could become a top-5 3-4 DE after his rookie year.

Minnesota - If no one else sees the problem in Minnesota I do and it is at QB and WR. It would be obvious to anyone else not affiliated with the head coach that a QB is the number one need. Matt Ryan rises on draft day and becomes the second QB drafted.
I like the pick and think Ryan is a good fit for the offense.

Kansas City - the Chiefs must retool the OL before they fall into obscurity and waste LJ's career. Sam Baker is a touted LT to build around.
They need an OT and Sam Baker is pretty darn good.

Cincinnati - By default the Bengal defense has a poor linebacking corps and Keith Rivers is a big jump ahead of all the rest of the OLB's in this draft.
OLB is far from their biggest need on defense. I think a DE is more of a need and their linebacking core has been mostly decimated by injuries.

Oakland needs help and Gosder Cherilous is a great run blocker. Lamont Jordan finds a benefactor.
They need an OT and even though it might be a reach for Cherilous, he is a need.

Philadelphia - Pulls off a homer pick in grabbing Dan Connor.
Nice pick.

Detroit - Lions need a monster LT and Ryan Clady fits the bill perfectly. 63 sacks in 2006, and on pace for 85 in 2007. This O-line sucks.
They just gave Backus a huge deal, so why would they draft OL?

New England - The Patriots always seem to draft players to fit their scheme. With Tedy Bruschi winding down a great career the Patriots draft his replacement -James Laurenaitis. This is a pick they acquired through a trade.
If Laurenatis does come out (which I believe he won't), he will not fall outside the top-10.

Chicago The Bears are laboring under a poor offensive scheme and they are in need of aRB and maybe two wideouts . Griese will never lead them to a Superbowl but he is cheap enough to lead them back to the playoffs if you give them some help. The OL is aging but help is probably a year away. The Bears take the best corner available, Malcolm Jenkins, and will build through the draft and FA. (Worst possible move by the Bears was to let Thomas Jones go.)
Your an idiot for even suggesting that Griese should remain as their starting QB. With Andre Woodson still on the board they HAVE to get him.

Carolina - Carolina Panthers take a shot on Andre Woodson who has fallen farther than he imagined.
They need a QB and he is a darn good one. Good pick.

Denver - The Broncos need a WR as badly as any other position. Limas Sweed makes the most sense as Desean Jackson's stock has taken a big hit.
Their defense has been atrocious, so you let them get a WR??? DB Reggie Smith from Oklahoma should be taken here because he can play FS for the Broncos.

Arizona - The Cardinals are improving and have lots of weapons. Look for OL or DB here and best guess says the best CB/S available and that might just be Reggie Smith to play safety
I guess Adrian Wilson isn't a factor anymore???

Tampa Bay - Tampa Bay has so many needs they need to pick a sore spot and fill it with the best player available. At this point, Sedrick Ellis makes sense as a good fit as a Tampa 2 DT.
Ellis is a man-beast and would be sick in this defense.

Houston - Jonathon Stewart is a load at RB and projects well in Houston. There is a need to get a tackle and there are several still on the board in Tony Hills and Chris Williams but they are reaches at this point.
I disagree with Tony Hills being a reach, but I am somewhat fine with them selecting Jonathan Stewart here. It is apparent that Ahman Green is not the answer.

Washington - The Redskins can go in many directions. WR and DE are the two most pressing needs. OL is another. Washington grabs the best remaining DE in the draft, Tyson Jackson.
This is another situation where if Tyson Jackson comes out, he will probably not fall this far, but a DE is a surefire need for Washington, so a good pick-up.

Seattle - Jeremy Perry to replace Steve Hutchinson and keep Alexander healthy and Hasselback upright. A RB would not be amiss but Forsett and a few others will be available in the second.
There is nooooo way Jeremy Perry leaves early and there is nooooo way that he is the first OG off the board. Seattle does have an OG need, but not only is Eric Young a better OG than Perry, but WR or RB would be a better fit here.

San Diego - Where does this team need help? WR and DB. Adarius Bowman goes to the Bolts.
This was done before the Chambers trade, so it wasn't that bad, but I still can't believe they would draft a WR in the first-round 2 years in a row.

New York Giants - Giants grab a CB to fill in the Defensive Backfield. King and Mike Jenkins are still available and the Giants grab Mike Jenkins from South Florida.
Fits need, but horrible pick by position. King is loads better than Jenkins.

Baltimore Ravens need a QB and a DE and a CB. The Ravens ask the Question Colt Brennan or Quentin Groves and go with their strength and get a pass rushing OLB/DE. Quentin Groves is the selection.
Even though their biggest need on defense is a CB, you give them Quentin Groves... With Cason (and King unless you change the picks) still on the board, you have to go with them.

Tennessee A WR is what this offense really needs. Early Doucet is one of the best and is a good fit in Tennessee.
They need a WR and he's a pretty good one.

Green Bay - The offense needs a TE and a RB. Fred Davis and Martin Rucker would immediately become Favre's favorite targets. On the oher hand, Slaton would help the running game.. The pack takes Steve Slaton
They just drafted a RB last year in Brandon Jackson. Probably was a bad pick, but don't see the front office giving up on him so quickly.

Jacksonville I believe they take a shot at QB here and a flyer on Colt Brennan or Derrick Harvey. OL and DE are other possibilities. Colt Brennan is the selection.
If they do this well, it is because of David Garrard. They won't draft a QB if Garrard has played so well (Pro-Bowl well) this year.

Pittsburgh the Steelers must rebuild their O-line. George Robinson is a lineman who will tear your face off and Faneca is probably gone so the Steelers do some damage control.
I assume you mean Duke Robinson from Oklahoma... Anyway, he is good and will be a 2nd rounder when he comes out, next year. Definitely not a good value pick.

Dallas - Selecting a corner from what remains availale will be difficult. Justin King, Antoine Cason, Dwight Lowery, Dejuan Tribble ,Agib Talib and Terrell Thomas are all possibilities. The Cowboys select Justin King.
Good pick, but King won't last this far.

San Francisco - Derrick Harvey is a classic tweener in the mold of Julian Peterson. This is Indy's pick traded to SF.
Same as the Justin King pick, it makes sense, but Harvey won't last this far if he comes out.

Overall, not that good of a mock. I would say, D.

drowe
10-19-2007, 02:37 PM
yeah, the dolphins thing doesn't make a lot of sense. Yeah, the Dolphins may have a higher opinion than most of John Beck...but to say they'd draft a QB #1 overall after not even seeing their QB of the future play is pretty far out there.

also, the whole first half of your draft doesn't make a lot of sense...Buffalo's o-line is far from a weakness, and the pick would still be mediocre if Long was valued at #2 overall, but he's just not and the pick could go for almost any other position and make more sense.

same with the Falcons taking a DT when the line play has been one of few positives for 'em.

the Saints NOT addressing defense makes no sense...value wise it works out, but really, how much money can a team possibly invest in their backfield.

I would suggest reading one of the 'team needs' thread before you try another one of these.

also, learn how to take criticizm....you'll get yelled at by at least one person every time you make a mock. it comes with the territory.

derza222
10-19-2007, 03:12 PM
Chris Long reportedly weighs like 265, 270. He's too light to play 3-4 end in the NFL.

Hurricane Ditka
10-19-2007, 04:35 PM
That's nice.

Your Bears pick was the dumbest pick you possibly could have made. Honestly, there isn't a dumber move possible.

We have Tillman, Vasher, and Ricky Manning Jr all under contract until at least 2010. We just gave about 30 million dollars in guaranteed money to Tillman and Vasher-both of whom are under the age of 27 I believe.

And you are giving us a corner in the 1st round when our quarterback is Brian Griese and two of our starting o-lineman are 34 and 35. Brilliant.

Unless you think Jenkins can play safety that makes no sense. Even then it's a terrible terrible pick. I'd honestly rather draft a longsnapper. At least he would play.Excuse me, Patrick Mannelly?

And Weasel that Jenkins pick is for lack of a better word, dumb. Vasher (who's injured), Tillman, and Ricky Manning Jr are all here to stay. Jenkins isn't a safety, so we'd have absolutely no where to put him and he doesn't even remotely fill our needs, especially with Woodson and hell even Sedrick Ellis makes more sense.

BrownsTown
10-19-2007, 04:40 PM
How are the Browns still picking that high?

Yung Flippa
10-19-2007, 07:51 PM
Good Ravens pick.

weasel
10-20-2007, 06:28 AM
A cowboy fan made the draft order. I used Scott's draft order and football future's draft needs. Not one of the picks made was outside of what the needs of the team was listed by football future. Yet somehow I am too stupid to make a selection because I don't know what a team needs and I certainly don't know the career also-ran is now the best OT in football. And now I have the Browns drafting too soon. I forgot all you guys are NFL GM's. Oh and by the way the Matt Millens in this class are far too numerous.

bearsfan_51
10-20-2007, 02:46 PM
A cowboy fan made the draft order. I used Scott's draft order and football future's draft needs. Not one of the picks made was outside of what the needs of the team was listed by football future. Yet somehow I am too stupid to make a selection because I don't know what a team needs and I certainly don't know the career also-ran is now the best OT in football. And now I have the Browns drafting too soon. I forgot all you guys are NFL GM's. Oh and by the way the Matt Millens in this class are far too numerous.

I love this guy.

No wonder your mock sucks..you put no thought into it whatsoever. If you're just going to copy from every site why not just share a link and save us all the time of thinking you're the idiot.

But no...I'm sure it's every single poster on this site. No way it's just that your mock sucks...not possible.

cowboysforever
10-20-2007, 03:20 PM

miami does not need a QB, we drafted one in the 2nd round last year that we wanted more then Quinn. We were going to trade up into the 1st round for him.

Miami wont draft a QB

I agree but they do need fresh talent..... if Miami is in the hole and a QB is there ... trade down.

Miami needs TE, WR, DL and DBs. THey can get WR in round 2 but use Round 1 for top end DL and CB talent.

weasel
10-20-2007, 05:32 PM
You are a real jewel in the making BF. Using the mock order predetermined by another person assures you do not use any personal bias in slotting a favorite team. A better way would be to use a year to date "if the draft were held today" order for the draft. But there wasn't one updated including last week's games to use while I did this mock. And while I like reading about the NFL there is little in the way of following 32 teams that would make it at all possible to know every teams needs so I used a draft site to determine needs of the teams I l know little about. Someone call the feds. The selections are mine and just as valid as your putrid collection of picks and the order you used. Over-compensating for your obvious lack of anything remotely resembling tact is no excuse for being an idiot. It just makes you tiresome. You can easily avoid anything I post. Putting up a mock, looking into the needs for other teams by flipping through another posters thoughts might help someone to learn about one other person's opinion. If that person is an avid fan you might learn more. Reading your posts just makes a person grit his teeth. You are like an ignorant child in the back of the class, talking all the time, taking away from everyone else's learning experience. Problem is when everyone else stops listening people like you just get louder and more rude.

bearsfan_51
10-20-2007, 05:39 PM
You are a real jewel in the making BF. Using the mock order predetermined by another person assures you do not use any personal bias in slotting a favorite team. A better way would be to use a year to date "if the draft were held today" order for the draft. But there wasn't one updated including last week's games to use while I did this mock. And while I like reading about the NFL there is little in the way of following 32 teams that would make it at all possible to know every teams needs so I used a draft site to determine needs of the teams I l know little about. Someone call the feds. The selections are mine and just as valid as your putrid collection of picks and the order you used. Over-compensating for your obvious lack of anything remotely resembling tact is no excuse for being an idiot. It just makes you tiresome. You can easily avoid anything I post. Putting up a mock, looking into the needs for other teams by flipping through another posters thoughts might help someone to learn about one other person's opinion. If that person is an avid fan you might learn more. Reading your posts just makes a person grit his teeth. You are like an ignorant child in the back of the class, talking all the time, taking away from everyone else's learning experience. Problem is when everyone else stops listening people like you just get louder and more rude.
http://cart.us.vividas.com/vivfilms/images/LoveU2_vivfilms.jpg

By the way, if your picks are equally valid why is everyone tearing them up for being so stupid? Oh that's right...everyone else is wrong but you.

Smokey Joe
10-20-2007, 05:44 PM
and you said I was smoking too much crack....

bearsfan_51
10-20-2007, 05:46 PM
and you said I was smoking too much crack....
Come on now...you should be able to tell by now who I'm actually making fun of and who I'm just f'n with.

Smokey Joe
10-20-2007, 05:57 PM
Come on now...you should be able to tell by now who I'm actually making fun of and who I'm just f'n with.
Oh I know... but this guy pretty much doesn't know anything since he even said he got all his info from other sites and such.

Travis 24
10-20-2007, 07:31 PM
How is Connor from PSU a homer pick?...They've drafted 1 PSU guy (Tony Hunt) in like the past 10 years..

Smokey Joe
10-20-2007, 07:40 PM
he said he got the team needs from footballs future? hmm...

Chicago Bears - OL, WR
Sure, quarterback Rex Grossman has been criticized endlessly, but the Bears seem content in letting him work through his struggles. That leaves Chicago with a couple of offensive needs. Tackle Fred Miller and guard Ruben Brown are both nearing the end of their careers, and the line could use some young blood to keep things fresh. Along with the line, the wide receiver group will need help. Muhsin Muhammad may not have many quality seasons left and Bernard Berrian is in a contract year. Devin Hester may have an impact after having been moved to play offense, but receivers will still be a high priority come draft day.

Straight from footballsfuture.com. CB is not a team need for the Bears!

BrownsTown
10-20-2007, 07:51 PM
Well if the order was made by a Cowboys fan, that would explain why the Browns are picking too high.

weasel
10-20-2007, 09:31 PM
well when I checked it listed (OL, WR, DL and DB) for Chicago so maybe you should check again.

weasel
10-20-2007, 09:41 PM
just checked the needs page again and the last poster is correct needs have been updated. It appears they removed RB from New Orleans and DL and DB from Chicago. Since I printed the page out and compared the two, those are the only changes made.

yo123
10-20-2007, 09:55 PM
How is Connor from PSU a homer pick?...They've drafted 1 PSU guy (Tony Hunt) in like the past 10 years..

Hes a PSU fan I think.