PDA

View Full Version : Power Rankings: Week 6

Moses
10-16-2007, 12:50 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/powerranking?season=2007&week=7

Thoughts?

Mr. Stiller
10-16-2007, 12:58 PM
I know I'm going to get hosed for this..

Ravens = overrated.

They are:

0-2 vs. Starting QB's (And AFCN)
4-0 vs. backups (Frerotte, Dilfer, Warner and Clemens)

I'd say they're probably the worst 4-2 team this year thus far..

Other than that I can't complain.

I think the Giants, Bucco's, and Titans should be higher.

PoopSandwich
10-16-2007, 01:57 PM
Cleveland is finally getting credit thank god.

And so the playoff push begins. (Yeah it's crazy the Browns thinking about playoffs but with the way our schedule is the rest of the year (NFC West + 2 AFC East teams, Houston, 3 divisional away is tough though)

We have a chance.

1 2 and 3 are right in the right order.

No way the Ravens are 7.

Crazy seeing the Bucs Giants and Redskins in the top 12 (Not saying they aren't, just didn't expect it.)

By the end of the year, 3 NFC west teams could be in the bottom 10.

Smooth Criminal
10-16-2007, 02:00 PM
I think the Ravens are way to high. Sure they are 4-2 but those 4 wins have been incredibly unimpressive.

Alos I think Dallas should still be #3. Their loss came to NE and Pittsburghs to Arizona. Plus Dallas has one more win than Pittsburgh aswell.

These rankings make you realise how weak the NFL is right now when teams like the Ravens, Buccanears, and Giants are in the top 10 teams in the league.

SuperMcGee
10-16-2007, 02:02 PM
By the end of the year, 3 NFC west teams could be in the bottom 10.

And 3 AFC East teams will still be in the bottom 5.

ks_perfection
10-16-2007, 02:54 PM
Theres a good chance that all 4 from the NFC West will end up in the bottom 10. If Ratty and Dilfer (not that Smith is much better) keep playing both are bottom 10, ditto for Rams. Seattle likely won't be, but they did look really bad against a Saints team that looked even worse all season.

MaddHatter
10-16-2007, 03:08 PM
Looks about right - I'd put the Cowboys above the Steelers (losing to the pats > losing to the cardinals) but not a big deal - I'd also put the Giants above the Ravens and Bucs (2 losses to the Top 2 NFC teams, 4-0 otherwise... not bad)

Way better then the Foxsports rankings...

bearsfan_51
10-16-2007, 03:21 PM
I have no problem with the Bears ranking but how is our offense brutal? We've scored 27, 27, and 31 points since Griese took over at QB and have quite a few playmakers actually. The only enjoyable thing about this team right now is our offense. That shows to me they aren't even watching the games and just going off of standings and old stereotypes.

Moses
10-16-2007, 03:27 PM
I have no problem with the Bears ranking but how is our offense brutal? We've scored 27, 27, and 31 points since Griese took over at QB and have quite a few playmakers actually. The only enjoyable thing about this team right now is our offense. That shows to me they aren't even watching the games and just going off of standings and old stereotypes.

To be fair, the Bears offence is ranked 28th in yards and 20th in points. They haven't exactly been tearing it up. Granted, it has been a big improvement since Griese took over but they still have a long way to go.

dc22
10-16-2007, 03:29 PM
ok... people's argument for the cowboys is ********... first of all they aren't dominating everyone... they should've lost to the bills... The cowboys opponents have a combined win pct of 36.1 while the packers opponent combine for a 48.4 win pct

MaddHatter
10-16-2007, 03:31 PM

How much of that is ST and Defense and how much of that is offensive? I don't know exactly, but I'm sure atleast 14 of it is ST and probably another 7 or so in D/ST that I don't know about

MaddHatter
10-16-2007, 03:32 PM
ok... people's argument for the cowboys is ********... first of all they aren't dominating everyone... they should've lost to the bills... The cowboys opponents have a combined win pct of 36.1 while the packers opponent combine for a 48.4 win pct

That's like saying the Packers should've lost to the Skins...

EvilMonkey
10-16-2007, 03:34 PM
dc, in case you havent noticed, the packers arent exactly dominating everyone either...

Eagles, Vikings, Redskins werent the most impressive wins in the world and we still have no run game so i'm fine with us being rated where we are.

bearsfan_51
10-16-2007, 03:45 PM
How much of that is ST and Defense and how much of that is offensive? I don't know exactly, but I'm sure atleast 14 of it is ST and probably another 7 or so in D/ST that I don't know about
The defense got some turnovers in the Packers game, but none of them were for scores. One of them put us in good postition for one but that's it. Two touchdowns were from Hester. So that would make it 20, 27, 24. But even still that's far from terrible, and everytime Hester takes one back it also takes away a drive that our offense could potentially score on.

bearsfan_51
10-16-2007, 03:47 PM
To be fair, the Bears offence is ranked 28th in yards and 20th in points. They haven't exactly been tearing it up. Granted, it has been a big improvement since Griese took over but they still have a long way to go.
I'm not so sure about that. We need to continue working at the running game, but the passing game has been excellent quite frankly. I don't know if it will keep up, a big part of me doubts that it will, but it just seems like an ignorant comment to make given recent circumstances. Talk about how ******* terrible our defense has been, I'm quite fine with that.

LonghornsLegend
10-16-2007, 04:00 PM
I think Seattle should be lower, I think the Browns can beat them right now, they have looked downright pathetic as of lately, and 14 is still too high for them

dc22
10-16-2007, 04:02 PM
yea i understand what you guys are saying but i'm just arguing against the people who are saying that dallas is the clear cut favorite in the NFC

Jughead10
10-16-2007, 04:06 PM
The only thing I'm worried about is this the exact same situation the Giants were in last year. We went down to Atlanta last year and smacked them around putting us at 4-2. We went to 6-2, which looks favorable for us to do again, and then tanked it. The main difference was injuries. Which were horrible last year. We beat a bad Tampa and Texan team despite being terribly injured and got even worse health wise and tanked it. This year we are healthy. The only injury with anyone missing time is Steve Smith and he is coming back this week or the week after at the most. We'll see what happens.

yo123
10-16-2007, 04:07 PM
the Panthers and Seahawks are both to high. Even though the raiders got destroyed, i dont think theyre a bad team, id like to see them up a couple spots. Good to see the Vikes move up 5 spots. I wouldnt say we are a good team, but we definetly arent a push over no matter who we play. Anyone who can stop the run and run the ball will compete with almost anyone.

Moses
10-16-2007, 04:08 PM
yea i understand what you guys are saying but i'm just arguing against the people who are saying that dallas is the clear cut favorite in the NFC

I think they are at this point. NFC is weak. This is how I rank the top of the NFC right now:

1. Dallas Cowboys
2. Green Bay Packers
3. Washington Redskins
4. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
5. New York Giants

draftguru151
10-16-2007, 05:14 PM
32?!?! Are you kidding? We are at least 31st!

duckseason
10-16-2007, 05:22 PM
Redskins are underrated right now. I'd swap them with the Ravens, and make a few other minor changes. Looking at a power ranking just reminds you of the unbelievable parity we have in this league. Some of those teams toward the bottom are potential playoff teams. The very top and very bottom are clear, but those teams in the middle are nearly interchangeable from week to week, depending on your perspective. I still believe the 'Skins are superior to the Pack, for example. But there's no way you can put them above Green Bay in a power ranking after this past week.

Nitschke-Hawk
10-16-2007, 05:38 PM
I think the Giants should move up to the Ravens spot.

duckseason
10-16-2007, 05:48 PM
I think the Giants should move up to the Ravens spot.

Yeah it's a tough call for me between the Redskins and Giants. Slight nod to the 'skins, mostly because I think that defense is significantly better than that of the Giants. But I guess that sounds dumb seeing as the Giants went into Washington and won. I guess I just have more confidence in Washington to remain consistently good for the entire season. Wow is the NFC East good this year. At least it looks that way right now. And to think that the Eagles and Cowboys have both been plagued by huge injuries.

MaddHatter
10-16-2007, 05:51 PM
I think they are at this point. NFC is weak. This is how I rank the top of the NFC right now:

1. Dallas Cowboys
2. Green Bay Packers
3. Washington Redskins
4. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
5. New York Giants

The Giants beat the Skins, but the Skins are ahead of them?

Moses
10-16-2007, 05:55 PM
The Giants beat the Skins, but the Skins are ahead of them?

I still believe the Redskins are the better team.

Geo
10-16-2007, 05:55 PM
I've already said that I think the New York Football Giants are the best team in the NFC. Keep sleeping on Big Blue, instead focus on King Favre and Prince Romo.

MaddHatter
10-16-2007, 06:22 PM

Too bad they didn't prove it on the field.

As far as I'm concerned, the Giants are the 3rd best team in the NFC and on any given day could beat 1 and 2. I know I won't be sleeping easy when we go to NY to play them...

neko4
10-16-2007, 06:24 PM
Same here
Either that loss was a fluke for the skins, or they just happened to play the packers hard. Cuz GB killed NY, they let Deshawn Wynn get a big gain on them.

Jughead10
10-16-2007, 06:33 PM
Same here
Either that loss was a fluke for the skins, or they just happened to play the packers hard. Cuz GB killed NY, they let Deshawn Wynn get a big gain on them.

I wouldn't say GB killed NY. The final scored wasn't indicative of how close the game was. It got out of hand in the 4th quarter. Our defense is better since. Although it doesn't matter because no matter how you break it down, the Pack came into NY and beat us so they are the better team.

Moses
10-16-2007, 06:33 PM
Too bad they didn't prove it on the field.

As far as I'm concerned, the Giants are the 3rd best team in the NFC and on any given day could beat 1 and 2. I know I won't be sleeping easy when we go to NY to play them...

The Cardinals beat the Cowboys. I guess they are a better team.

Jughead10
10-16-2007, 06:37 PM
The Cardinals beat the Cowboys. I guess they are a better team.

We beat them on the road though. You have to rank us higher than them for now. Its almost like making an argument that the Giants are better than the Packers. You can't do it right now.

BrownsTown
10-16-2007, 06:37 PM
Seahawks are massively overrated. Browns are still underrated (2nd lowest 3-3 team even with a win over Baltimore under their belt? Below the 2-3 Eagles?)

Raiders are underrated.
Chiefs overrated.
Chargers overrated (although maybe not so much with Chambers now)
Steelers overrated.
How is Pitt ahead of Dallas?

neko4
10-16-2007, 06:42 PM
App St>Michigan?

Moses
10-16-2007, 07:06 PM
We beat them on the road though. You have to rank us higher than them for now. Its almost like making an argument that the Giants are better than the Packers. You can't do it right now.

I don't have to rank the Giants higher than the Redskins. I've been more impressed with the Redskins as a team this year. I believe they will finish higher in the standings and go further in the playoffs. They have a top defence and an offence that has a lot of potential and is coming into its own.

Splat
10-16-2007, 07:45 PM
Seahawks are massively overrated. Browns are still underrated (2nd lowest 3-3 team even with a win over Baltimore under their belt? Below the 2-3 Eagles?)

Raiders are underrated.
Chiefs overrated.
Chargers overrated (although maybe not so much with Chambers now)
Steelers overrated.
How is Pitt ahead of Dallas?

How can the Chiefs be overrated when every one left them for dead at the start of the season and the media has been clowning them all year this is the first good thing any one has said?

Jvig43
10-16-2007, 08:34 PM
no way pit should be ahead of dallas, no way.

BrownsTown
10-16-2007, 08:37 PM
How can the Chiefs be overrated when every one left them for dead at the start of the season and the media has been clowning them all year this is the first good thing any one has said?

In these power rankings, not in general. I was surprised at how high they were rated in these. Yes, this is a surprise team, but they haven't really beaten anyone. How they do in the stretch of Green Bay, Indy, and Denver will really show where they are as a team.

bearsfan_51
10-16-2007, 08:42 PM
I picked KC to finish 2nd in the division at the start of the season, but yeah, I was about the only one.

As for the poster above me, yeah I'm sure there's "no way" Pittsburgh could be above Dallas. (How do I make the rolly eyes face again?)

http://cubloc.com/phpBB2/images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif
There she is.

draftguru151
10-16-2007, 08:53 PM
http://cubloc.com/phpBB2/images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

I always get it from njx.

Vikes99ej
10-16-2007, 09:05 PM
Vikes seem a little bit high, but whatever.

The Dynasty
10-16-2007, 09:07 PM
Steelers are above the Cowboys because of the reason with AFC being the dominate conference. Thats all.

I guess good stop for vikings.

yodabear
10-16-2007, 09:07 PM
Everyone can shut the **** up abiut the NFC west cuz u'all don't know ****. It is competetive. The winner is gonna be 7-9, and that winner will be the St. Louis Rams. We are gonna dominate this **** and go 7-3 the rest of the way out. There is no doubt in my mind that we are going to. THE NFC WEST OWNS! GOOD DAY! And we should be below the Dolphins, we are overrated, the Dolphins are underrated, and that was a diss on them for the Pats: "They have the first of 3 bye weeks playing Miami this week", that hurts, although, the same could be said about the Rams vs. Seahawks. Boo-yeah.