PDA

View Full Version : Derek Anderson?

Shiver
10-16-2007, 02:30 PM
He is a RFA next year. I cannot imagine the Browns will put a high tender on him considering they have invested so much into Brady Quinn to be their franchise QB. If the team could acquire him that would allow the team to focus on improving the O-Line and running game via the draft.

Thoughts?

d34ng3l021
10-16-2007, 04:04 PM
I was thinking the exact same thing. His name popped out to me during the game last night when they showed a list of FA QBs. If this season goes out well (which it is) he would be perfect to bring over for a couple of years while we fix our OL and RBs.

I forgot how RFAs work though. We would give up whatever pick he was drafted in, right? For low tender.

ATLDirtyBirds
10-16-2007, 07:20 PM
He's paded his stats by having big games against Miami and Cincy's defense. Doesn't wow me.

thefalconer
10-16-2007, 07:27 PM
definitely disagree. he's not gonna win us anything and the team is gonna have no progress. we've already seen a veteran in crumpler getting frustrated being on a developing team. we need to rebuild quickly and show results with wins and our first and foremost need is qb. that is the position that wins games. ryan in '08-'09.

mcdlaxbonz13
10-16-2007, 07:32 PM
the draft pick that you give up is based upon what kind of tender the team puts on him. if cleveland puts a high tender on him then a team has to give up a high draft pick.

D-Rod
10-17-2007, 03:29 AM
Yes, i think we know that.

I would be surprised if the Browns didn't put at least the second level tender on him. It's sub-$2mill, which is actually pretty good for a backup QB - not to mention that Anderson may well still be starting next year, to allow Brady another year of settling in.

Generally, I'm not that convinced by Anderson. He's got a pretty good line now, and great weapons in Edwards and Winslow. Also, I think a lot of his success comes from being settled with his team. I think moving him over to Atlanta would undo a lot of that.

Moreover, I think that the team will have to take the opportunity for a rebranding - both inside and outside the team. The only realistic way to do that is to pick up the QB we want in the 1st, and hope that Petrino can get him up to speed after just one more year of sucking.

d34ng3l021
10-28-2007, 02:36 PM
I have watched some of Anderson today, and he is looking very good. He has a nice arm and fits throws into coverages very well. But I am scared that if we do get him, he will suck because of all the offensive talent that the Browns have. All he has to do is lay it out there for his recievers to catch, and 9/10 times they will make that catch. What will happen when he comes to the Falcons? Iono.

ps: Braylon Edwards is a monster. I knew I should have drafted him. This 3rd year reciever thing is ridiculous.

ATLDirtyBirds
10-28-2007, 03:00 PM
I have watched some of Anderson today, and he is looking very good. He has a nice arm and fits throws into coverages very well. But I am scared that if we do get him, he will suck because of all the offensive talent that the Browns have. All he has to do is lay it out there for his recievers to catch, and 9/10 times they will make that catch. What will happen when he comes to the Falcons? Iono.

ps: Braylon Edwards is a monster. I knew I should have drafted him. This 3rd year reciever thing is ridiculous.

Anderson also seems to put up big stats against bad teams.

flrybranch
11-03-2007, 08:49 AM
Anderson and a 2nd for DH21.

BamaFalcon59
11-03-2007, 12:40 PM
Anderson and a 2nd for DH21.

We would be getting ripped off.

DraftMichaelHuff
11-03-2007, 01:16 PM
Lets trade this years 2nd and next years 2nd for Derek Anderson ;)

BamaFalcon59
11-03-2007, 04:06 PM
Lmao.
(10 characters)