PDA

View Full Version : -UFL-

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

ATLDirtyBirds
10-16-2007, 07:39 PM
Undisputed Football League

Intro: There will be a total of 16 teams. 8 teams will be CPU controlled, and 8 teams will be user controlled. All 8 of those teams will have a GM controlling it. The GM will be able to make the coaching staff (HC, OC, DC) using real or made up people. They will include a brief description as to why they chose their coach. Then they will say what kind of defense they run (4-3, 3-4, etc.), and style of offense (Pass Heavy, Run Heavy, Balanced, etc.).

Game Outcomes: The game outcomes will be determined by computer simulation. (Madden). I will look at the stats and final score, and come up with a game summary as to how it might have occurred. Then I will give the stats of all the superstars, the NFLDC user controlled players, and anyone else who had a big game.

The Roster (Part 1): The GM will be able to design his own 50 man roster based on how he thinks they flow with his team. (Be Realistic: Ex. There shouldnít be things like 7í5 players, 600 pound players, etc.) Each team will have 5 Superstar players which means that they will have ratings of 90+. The GMís can use any arrangement of these 5 players. (3 on offense, 2 on defense, 2 on offense, 2 on defense, one on special teams, etc.) GMís can either act manually as these players or have another user fill these spots. The catch to prevent GMís from making all 5 of these players 99ís is there will be an allowance of 470 rating points for these players (when you add up all 5 ratings, the score must be 470 or under.) Also, I want this game to be realistic. So there will be an age setting as well. To prevent all your stars from all being 21 and already stars, the age of the 5 players must be combined to equal 130, for an average of 26 years of age per star.

*If you are accepted as GM, you will present your first roster of your 5 superstars as following:

Position/Player Name/Jersey #:
User Name: (If you choose a person from the site other than yourself to be the player)
Rating:
Weight:
Brief Description: ex: Great pass blocker, above average run blocker. One of the strongest linemen in the league, but his injury history could be a problem.

Signing Up: If you are not a GM, or selected to be one of the superstar players, this is your chance to play in this league. You will be able to see who the superstars of each team are, so use common sense. If each team has a superstar Kicker, you would be ill advised to sign up as a kicker. Even though you guys arenít the ďsuperstarsĒ everyone will still get a respectable rating. After sign ups are closed, then ceilings and floors will be assigned. No person will get a ceiling of higher than 88, and no one will get a floor of lower than 78. Your final rating will be randomly determined.

The Roster (Part II): After you have your superstars and drafted players info on your roster, you and your team can collaborate on the rest of the team. You can fill out the rest of the roster however you would like. To make it fair though, for the rest of your team you will have an allowance of points you can use. Since Iím typing this with no idea of how many people will be in the draft, I cannot give you a total # of points that you will be able to use. Itís a 50 man roster though, and let us say that there are a total of 30 spots left. The total points you would be allowed to use on the rest of your roster is 2400 points, for an average rating of 80. To prevent you from making your 3rd stringers from having ratings of like 15, the lowest rating you can give a player is a 65. You are only allowed to have 5 people below a 70. Remember that none of the rest of these players can be rated 90 or above. Feel free to give your backups low ratings, but remember this is computer simulated; which basically just means that I canít protect the star players. So if one of them goes down, you are stuck with a low rated backup coming in. After you have this roster made up, you will be able to make 5 Practice Squad players, who will all have ratings of 60, and only play in extreme emergencies. Now you must be thinking, ďI have to fill out all those positions with names and everything?Ē You donít, but if you want to go ahead. You must fill out your drafted rookies and superstars fully but for the rest of the team you can fill the requirements out like so:
*EXMAPLE*

Position/Jersey #: Nose Tackle/96
Height: 6í1
Weight: 350
Rating: 84

They will be given a random name in the game, and letís say that nose tackle had a big game, I mention him in the summary. It would appear just like NCAA.

John Smith- 31/50 278 yards 2 TDs 2INTs
George Foster: 18 carries 78 yards 1 TD
*NT #96: 6 tackles, 2 sacks, FF*

*NOTE*: I think the realism of the game will be what makes it a lot of fun. Iím not going to put an age allowance on the rest of your roster. If you want this league to be successful, and realistic, donít make all your players 21-25. Also donít just make your backups old; again we want this to be realistic as possible.

If you have any questions, or want to be a GM, post here or PM me.

RoyHall#1
10-16-2007, 07:49 PM
I'll just be a player in this one. So I can create my guy now?

Eaglez.Fan
10-16-2007, 07:50 PM
After the making of players, how much work will the GM's need to do?

wiscbadgerfootball
10-16-2007, 07:53 PM
Name: Terrelle Moss #6
Position: RB
School: Wisconsin
Height: 5’ 8”
Weight: 190
Scouting Report-
Positive- Terrelle is an outstanding worker, he constantly gives it his all every snap and does the little things right such as blocking and holding on to the ball. Has great speed and shiftiness, possibly one of the fastest players in the game. Is a constant leader on the field and while he isn’t the most vocal player, he leads by example. Can usually get away with not following blockers because of outstanding speed.

Negative- An undersized back who isn’t going to wow anyone with his power. Sometimes misses holes and doesn’t follow his blockers. He tries too often to outrun defenders instead of following his wall of blockers. Doesn’t have great hands out of the backfield.

Predicted 40: 4.34
Predicted Bench: 15 at 225

Caddy
10-16-2007, 08:00 PM
BLASPHEMY!!!

But I'll join. I'll post my player here later, maybe.

OSUGiants17
10-16-2007, 08:12 PM
Name: Tarvaris Young #5
Position: QB
College: West Virgina
Height: 6'5
Weight: 225
Predicted 40: 4.37
Predicted Bench: 13@200
Strengths: work horse, running, leader, speed, pass strength
Weaknesses: pass acuraccy
Bio: No one has moved more on draft boards than Tarvaris Young has since the season ended. He’s been all over the place. His stock fell when it was reported that he did poorly on his Wonderlogic test, but has risen recently due to good workouts with clubs. Led his team to the BCS National Championship. Threw for 3036 yards, 26 TD’s and 10 picks. The intriguing part of Young’s game is his rushing ability, as ran for 1,050 yards on 155 carries. His athletic ability draws comparison to Michael Vick. Has the ability to outrun defenses and can make things happen. Has above average arm strength. Needs to reduce the amount of risks he takes. Decision making skills and ability to read defenses have been questioned.

Comparison: Vince Young

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2005/writers/mark_beech/11/09/beech.1109/t1_white_si.jpg
http://images.usatoday.com/sports/college/_photos/2006-10-31-white.jpg
http://www.wvmetronews.com/images/pics2/umd19091406.jpg
http://vmedia.rivals.com/uploads/1144/F139996.jpg

diabsoule
10-16-2007, 08:19 PM
I'm contemplating being a GM.

OSUGiants17
10-16-2007, 08:30 PM
only 3 player!?! Join Now!

BrownsTown
10-16-2007, 08:31 PM
Rip off, I say! Rip off!

Seriously though. This sounds good and organized, but I think competition will be bad for this. People won't want two of the exact same league and eventually they'll choose and it'll end up with each of the leagues not having enough players.

I dunno...I'm not sold on this working out, but I might sign up later. No offense to neko but ATL is probably more reliable in this.

neko4
10-16-2007, 08:31 PM
ummm okay?

ATLDirtyBirds
10-16-2007, 08:35 PM
Rip off, I say! Rip off!

Seriously though. This sounds good and organized, but I think competition will be bad for this. People won't want two of the exact same league and eventually they'll choose and it'll end up with each of the leagues not having enough players.

I dunno...I'm not sold on this working out, but I might sign up later. No offense to neko but ATL is probably more reliable in this.

I really had no intentions of putting neko out of commition. I was actually going to wait for a while on this. I found out though that my team has a bye week next week though, which mean no practice and I get home early. So I figured if we can get the draft and everything done by the weekend, I could get this off to a great start.

And neko no disrespect, I talked to atleast 4 people and asked them if they thought I was stepping on your league, and they said no, so I pulled the trigger.

neko4
10-16-2007, 08:37 PM
I really had no intentions of putting neko out of commition. I was actually going to wait for a while on this. I found out though that my team has a bye week next week though, which mean no practice and I get home early. So I figured if we can get the draft and everything done by the weekend, I could get this off to a great start.

And neko no disrespect, I talked to atleast 4 people and asked them if they thought I was stepping on your league, and they said no, so I pulled the trigger.i dont really mind so long as its more of a madden sim

ATLDirtyBirds
10-16-2007, 08:41 PM
After the making of players, how much work will the GM's need to do?

Not much really. It's in the beginning, with the making of the players and the draft. Afterwards, you can just do intervies and stuff and act as your 5 star players, coaches, or as GM/Owner.

BrownsTown
10-16-2007, 08:42 PM
You should have the champions from each league play eachother, have some 3rd party decide who wins or something.

adschofield
10-16-2007, 08:44 PM
Hmm...this seems like the AFL, maybe a merge is in the future...besides, a little healthy competition is good...I might sign up later

neko4
10-16-2007, 08:44 PM
You should have the champions from each league play eachother, have some 3rd party decide who wins or something.
If we do that than no one can a make a player that they made in my league...Terrelle Moss

ATLDirtyBirds
10-16-2007, 08:45 PM
BTW guys, hold onto your players. We need GM's first, because everyone might make a superstar of your position, which would leave you jobless. We just need 7 more GMs. (I am going to be one, and if you really think that I will change scores because I'm a GM, I'll be glad to let you know that shockingly enough there are more important things than this to me).

I already made up my superstar players, so if you guys want me to post it so other GM's can get an idea, that's fine by me.

adschofield
10-16-2007, 08:45 PM
Why don't you two join forces, comprise on some issues and have a stronger league...besides, two co-commissioners would churn out games a lot faster

ATLDirtyBirds
10-16-2007, 08:46 PM
GM's

1. ATLDirtyBirds (Miami Doom)
2. Scar (Charleston Battery)
3. Brownstown (Cleveland Rockers)
4. Adschofield (Kansas City Butchers)
5. NYGibril28 (Connecticut Crush)
6. Eaglez.Fan (Ottawa Capitals)
7. Man Of Steel (Pittsburg Immortals)
8. 'cuse-213 (Syracuse Rush)
9. DUnit (Shaolin Shadowboxers)

neko4
10-16-2007, 08:46 PM
GM's should post rite now?

ATLDirtyBirds
10-16-2007, 08:47 PM
Why don't you two join forces, comprise on some issues and have a stronger league...besides, two co-commissioners would churn out games a lot faster

I was thinking of this, but how could we share the Madden sim thing. That's something I really wanted to implement, since I think it's the most fair way. I have no problem co-working this with neko though, if it means giving him the stats and scores and he does the write ups or whatever.

ATLDirtyBirds
10-16-2007, 08:49 PM
GM's should post rite now?

GM's don't have to post their 5 superstars, etc. right now. Just post that you would like to be a GM. Also, if we get more than 8 interested parties, I'll extend the list. 8 was just a base #.

adschofield
10-16-2007, 08:51 PM
I was thinking of this, but how could we share the Madden sim thing. That's something I really wanted to implement, since I think it's the most fair way. I have no problem co-working this with neko though, if it means giving him the stats and scores and he does the write ups or whatever.

Well, that sounds good...I think that is a fair comprise...is that all that you would want to change, b/c if so I think that the logical choice is to join forces...two leagues will be bad for both b/c it will create divisions and participants of one league will try to change it to make it like the other, etc. I'd much rather have one, strong league

wiscbadgerfootball
10-16-2007, 08:51 PM
If we do that than no one can a make a player that they made in my league...Terrelle Moss

if this is the case I could change mine

ATLDirtyBirds
10-16-2007, 08:52 PM
Alright, there is some confusion I what a GM does. For now this is all a GM would have to do: (yes this is my team)

Miami Doom

Position Player Name/Jersey #: WR Julio Stone #84
Rating: 95
Height: 6’4
Weight: 228
Comparison: Randy Moss/Calvin Johnson
Brief Description: Tall, fast physical WR. He’s basically everything you could look for in a WR. Some think he is cocky, others see confidence. When not involved or team getting beat, disappears. Work ethic?

Position/Player Name/Jersey #: QB Sharod Jackson #5
Rating: 94
Weight: 235
Comparison: Michael Vick/Younger Daunte Culpepper
Brief Description: Dual threat QB. Sharod is very fast with a cannon for an arm, a true athlete at quarterback. His biggest problem is he struggles with accuracy. Also he will look to run too often, and tries to put the game on his shoulders.

Position/Player Name/Jersey #: RB Zion Ali #25
Rating: 97
Height: 6'0
Weight: 215
Comparison: Darren McFadden/Brian Westbrook
Brief Description: Another very good athlete on this offense. He is extremely versatile, a weapon in every sense of the word. Is probably the fastest player in the game. His biggest move besides his speed is an incredible juking ability, is a very tough player to take down espically when he gets to the second level.

Position/Player Name/Jersey #: DE Rashaad “Guilty” Simpson #99
User Name:
Rating: 92
Weight: 260
Comparison: John Abraham
Brief Description: Pure speed rusher out of the RE position. Always a threat to make a big sack, or forced fumble. Is nothing more than average at stopping the run, and will sometimes be overmatched by the elite tackles in the league. His extensive injury history also scares some people.

Position/Player Name/Jersey #: LOLB Marlon Hill
User Name:
Height: 6’3
Weight: 245
Comparison: Michael Boley/Ernie Sims
Brief Description: Might not be the fastest or the strongest guy on the field, but he just flat out finds a way to make plays. Tackle Machine.

As you can see, 5 superstars, and if you where to add up their ratings, it would equal 470, and their ages are equal to 130 total.

D-Unit
10-16-2007, 08:56 PM
I don't think this is going to work right now. We have a league very similar that just got started. So it's not like the forum is missing something like this. Our forum is not big enough that we have enough activity to support 2 leagues. There will just be the majority of the same guys participating in both leagues. It's not good for the forum or fair to neko. One strong league is better than 2 flaky ones. It seems like harmless intentions by ATL, but this is not the right timing. If you're interested in this type of game and have plenty of time to spare, I would suggest getting together with neko and trying to speed up the rate of the WFFL. It could easily be improved if there was another person helping him put together the write ups for the game. It's the same type of involvement and I think most of us would welcome anything that would help speed up the game. Once we get through a few seasons, you may feel free to start this one up. OK ATL?

neko4
10-16-2007, 08:58 PM
Well, that sounds good...I think that is a fair comprise...is that all that you would want to change, b/c if so I think that the logical choice is to join forces...two leagues will be bad for both b/c it will create divisions and participants of one league will try to change it to make it like the other, etc. I'd much rather have one, strong league
Well we should do things like the NFL/AFL
The two didnt officialy merge until 1970, but just played a championship between the two for 3 years. Also we should do an exhibition sorta thing at the end of the year. ATL will sim the game on madden and then i'll compare the two ratings-wise and such and we can bring the two different oppinons together and see who would win.
I really dont wanna combine right at this second, but maybe after the year ends.

Anyway im just spittn out ideas

adschofield
10-16-2007, 09:01 PM
Well we should do things like the NFL/AFL
The two didnt officialy merge until 1970, but just played a championship between the two for 3 years. Also we should do an exhibition sorta thing at the end of the year. ATL will sim the game on madden and then i'll compare the two ratings-wise and such and we can bring the two different oppinons together and see who would win.
I really dont wanna combine right at this second, but maybe after the year ends.

see D-Unit's post...let's just comprise, ATL does the madden sim, you make write-ups off the results and the stats and the league will go much quicker and it will be better for both parties

ATLDirtyBirds
10-16-2007, 09:02 PM
I'm beat, you guys can continue discussing. I'll be back tomorrow.

neko4
10-16-2007, 09:03 PM
If we do madden sim i think we can only do it for USERvUSER games, which is fine by me. I can handle a quick right up for CPUvUSER or CPUvCPU

adschofield
10-16-2007, 09:03 PM
I'm beat, you guys can continue discussing. I'll be back tomorrow.

Quick question: What would it take to merge the two leagues/commishes, compromise-wise?

BrownsTown
10-16-2007, 09:05 PM
I think these leagues are different enough that combining the two would be tough. Pretty much it'd be one just becoming the co-commish for the other. As long as it's kept friendly and people don't end up choosing sides I think it could work.

D-Unit
10-16-2007, 09:06 PM
If we do madden sim i think we can only do it for USERvUSER games, which is fine by me. I can handle a quick right up for CPUvUSER or CPUvCPU
Eh... not this whole thing again... we had several pages of debate over this alredy in the WFFL league... We've settled it already. I just like how you're doing it neko.

adschofield
10-16-2007, 09:08 PM
Eh... not this whole thing again... we had several pages of debate over this alredy in the WFFL league... We've settled it already. I just like how you're doing it neko.

the only way that ATL will compromise is if we have a madden sim

neko4
10-16-2007, 09:08 PM
Alrite fine by me, im down like charlie bro-. down like charlie burooow. like charlie braaa-. like charlie buraaw. down like charlie brown
Anybody ever done an impersonation of jimmy on NFLDC? sorry to jump off subject, i was just watching that paticular episode of south park

D-Unit
10-16-2007, 09:13 PM
the only way that ATL will compromise is if we have a madden sim
Are you his agent? lol. Why doesn't he respond?

adschofield
10-16-2007, 09:16 PM

lol, he left, scroll up about 5 posts...I think the breaking point is the madden sim

BrownsTown
10-16-2007, 09:16 PM

He's off for the night, which is probably not good.

diabsoule
10-16-2007, 09:20 PM
If we could find 4 other reliable guys who could be GM's for the one ATL is putting together we could then merge the two leagues and have 4 divisions of 4 teams a piece in two leagues.

Then ATL could do the Madden Sims. Neko could do the write-ups and handle stats.

To make it fair with the teams the 4 GM's create in having 5 superstars on their teams, move that number down to 3 and if possible have each of the teams in neko's add an additional player somehow.

BrownsTown
10-16-2007, 09:21 PM
If we could find 4 other reliable guys who could be GM's for the one ATL is putting together we could then merge the two leagues and have 4 divisions of 4 teams a piece in two leagues.

Then ATL could do the Madden Sims. Neko could do the write-ups and handle stats.

To make it fair with the teams the 4 GM's create in having 5 superstars on their teams, move that number down to 3 and if possible have each of the teams in neko's add an additional player somehow.

It'd be hard. The highest rated guy in neko's league is a 91, these players are like 95, 94. Plus nek has already said he didn't want to do sims.

SuperKevin
10-16-2007, 09:31 PM
Personally I like the idea of what ATL is proposing. he approached me like a week ago with it and I thought it was very well thought out

D-Unit
10-16-2007, 09:32 PM
Personally I like the idea of what ATL is proposing. he approached me like a week ago with it and I thought it was very well thought out
I agree that it's a good idea. It's just bad timing.

diabsoule
10-16-2007, 09:32 PM
It'd be hard. The highest rated guy in neko's league is a 91, these players are like 95, 94. Plus nek has already said he didn't want to do sims.

The "superstars" don't have to be in the mid-90's then. Make then high 80's.

They could sim the games that are CPUvsCPU and User.vs.CPU. They could actually play the User vs. User games.

Man_Of_Steel
10-16-2007, 09:44 PM
This is gonna end in chaos and ultimatley the dimise of both leagues. The WFFL is doing great right now and neko is running it great, why not just stick to that?

BrownsTown
10-16-2007, 09:45 PM

Pretty much what I was thinking. If this came first and neko's came 2nd we wouldn't even be talking about it.

BuckNaked
10-16-2007, 09:46 PM
I'm down with ATL's idea. Not a big fan of the WFFL.

neko4
10-16-2007, 09:47 PM
I'm down with ATL's idea. Not a big fan of the WFFL.
Cuz i gave you a bad rating, because you wrote like 3 words

TimD
10-16-2007, 09:48 PM
Player Name: Christian "The Magician" Samuelsson
Position: TE
Style: Receiving
Number: 40
Height: 6'5''
Brief Bio: The Swedish born giant came to America at the age of 14 to start high school. Although his country excels at Hockey and Futbol, Erik was never too interested in them. As he was walking through the halls the Football Coach approached the 6'1" 190 Freshman and told him to try out for football, and the rest is history.
College: Oregon University
Description: For his size, he is extremely fast, agile, and has great acceleration, will go up for jump balls and has good hands, blocking is suspect, and doesn't have the greatest on field awareness but runs crisp routes
Additional Info: He won't be a thorn in the teams side with outrageous media statements, has long blond flowing hair and a grizzly beard, tends to go after blond chicks, earned his nickname from acrobatic endzone grabs.

http://www.castefootball.us/images/temp/f59cf0baa6696f6e3fcb65a972d69ab1.jpg

Let me know if he needs to have a floor ceiling type thing, but he is an elite TE...

BrownsTown
10-16-2007, 09:49 PM
Point is, this is a new concept instead of a repeat of a league that's already gone under once. You gotta at least give this a try.

SuperKevin
10-16-2007, 10:02 PM
My proposal is allow ATL to start this league on a trial basis. If the WFFL starts to SIGNIFIGANTLY suffer than the UFL should fold and all mention of it should be stricken from the record. You can't form a negative opinion about it if you don't at least allow him to test it out

BrownsTown
10-16-2007, 10:18 PM
I'll sign up as a GM. Team Name: Cleveland Rockers. 5 players to be up in a sec.

TimD
10-16-2007, 10:19 PM
I'm so pumped for this now! I think having a player will be sick... haha...

KCJ58
10-16-2007, 10:23 PM
can i still sign up?

SuperKevin
10-16-2007, 10:24 PM
http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/24/248217m.jpg

Herman "Hammerhead" Henderson FB
User Name: Superkevin
Rating: 83
Height:6'0"
Weight: 250 lbs
College: San Diego State
Brief Description: The Hammerhead is one of the best fullbacks in the league. He is a perfect blend of power and finesse. He has no equals in the blocking game as he is routinely able to level opposing linebackers. He possesses soft hands out of the backfield but provides little to no threat after the catch since he has average speed. Is nothing more than a short yardage runner since he lacks the vision to be an effective running back.

SuperKevin
10-16-2007, 10:25 PM
can i still sign up?

Yeah you can. This league hasn't started yet. ATL is still seeking people willing to be GMs as well

YAYareaRB
10-16-2007, 10:35 PM
Name: Jay Carter
College: Miami
Weight: 230
Predicted 40: 4.51
Predicted Bench: 22 reps of 225
Strengths: Good size and frame for a QB. Load to bring down and pretty good speed and mobility for a QB. Has excellent arm strength and acceptable accuracy. Good poise in the pocket and a real field general. Humble guy. Very smart and can make good decisions on the fly.

Bio: soon to come

Comparison: Andre Woodson

M.O.T.H.
10-16-2007, 10:38 PM
I think we should start a league down the line using real players....

I'm talking user controlled players...has beens, never was's, some of your favorite college players, busts, late round draft picks, AFL players, players currently out of the league.

Eric Crouch, Ryan Leaf, Curtis Enis, John Avery, Jake the Snake, my boy Syvelle Newton...anyone you could really think of.

I think it would be pretty sweet...just throwing an idea around.

SuperKevin
10-16-2007, 10:38 PM
I suggest people sign up to be GMs rather than make players now. Remember as a GM you get to make 5 players!

neko4
10-16-2007, 10:52 PM
I think we should start a league down the line using real players....

I'm talking user controlled players...has beens, never was's, some of your favorite college players, busts, late round draft picks, AFL players, players currently out of the league.

Eric Crouch, Ryan Leaf, Curtis Enis, John Avery, Jake the Snake, my boy Syvelle Newton...anyone you could really think of.

I think it would be pretty sweet...just throwing an idea around.
i was thinking of that, but it couldve gotten contriversial in some areas (Was Keyshawn a Bust? Some think so, some dont)

D-Unit
10-16-2007, 10:52 PM
My proposal is allow ATL to start this league on a trial basis. If the WFFL starts to SIGNIFIGANTLY suffer than the UFL should fold and all mention of it should be stricken from the record. You can't form a negative opinion about it if you don't at least allow him to test it out
You already told me this and I gave you my response.

It's much easier to stop this now than to have everyone invest their time just to stop it later, which will cause way more anger. The WFFL is healthy for the activity of the forum. This will start a demise and both leagues will end up being watered down. Nobody wants to be apart of the league where people involved are only halfway committed to it.

I see no reason to rush this league. It's a great idea, but now is not good timing for it. It can start up as soon as the WFFL is over.

I've already received numerous PMs from posters in the WFFL that have complained about this league. Therefore, this league will not happen until the WFFL is over with.

SuperKevin
10-16-2007, 10:54 PM
You already told me this and I gave you my response.

It's much easier to stop this now than to have everyone invest their time just to stop it later, which will cause way more anger. The WFFL is healthy for the activity of the forum. This will start a demise and both leagues will end up being watered down. Nobody wants to be apart of the league where people involved are only halfway committed to it.

I see no reason to rush this league. It's a great idea, but now is not good timing for it. It can start up as soon as the WFFL is over.

I've already received numerous PMs from posters in the WFFL that have complained about this league. Therefore, this league will not happen until the WFFL is over with.

Nobody said it's starting now anyway. It's going to tak a bit to get everyone signed up. If you don't want to be involved with this league then stay in the WFFL thread

neko4
10-16-2007, 10:54 PM
D-Unit, while you are a mod you cant tell anybody what Fantasy leagues they can start w/o them doing something against NFLDC Rules.
ATL, why not just make it a Madden Sim League?

BrownsTown
10-16-2007, 10:56 PM
I must have missed where this breaks a forum rule. Why is this being shut down again?

D-Unit
10-17-2007, 12:07 AM
Nevermind guys, keep this league.

diabsoule
10-17-2007, 12:07 AM
Whenever this thing gets going I'll be a GM. I like the idea of it and think it will be a good thing. I'll wait until the timing is right, however, which should be when the WFFL is over, to make my players.

D-Unit
10-17-2007, 12:08 AM
Anybody else who wants to start some sort of league exactly the same, go for it.

SuperKevin
10-17-2007, 12:12 AM
What about the idea of creating a site and independent forum for the UFL in hopes of turning it into a large online fantasy simulation game? That way it wouldn't be on NFLDC and interrupt the WFFL

Turtlepower
10-17-2007, 12:13 AM
I think everyone shuld just relax and have fun and not take anything personal. All of these leagues are for our own amusement and we shouldn't take it out of proportion. Just relax, have fun, and let anyone do what they want to do. Could this league possibly bring down the other league? Yes, but that is only if people decide to choose one league over another, which is something I hope people don't resort to.

Just relax and have fun. Be thankful that Neko and ATL are taking the time to put these leagues together because it takes a lot of effort for them.

Mr. Stiller
10-17-2007, 12:13 AM
Name: DeeJay Krens #58
Position: DE/OLB
College: Maryland
Weight: 279
Predicted 40: 4.58 (Rumors of 4.43's are floating around)
Predicted Bench: 42@225 (Rumors of 49's)
Strengths: Pass Rushing, Run Stopping, Big hits, forces a lot of fumbles
Weaknesses: Only an adequate coverage DE/OLB.
Bio:
Krens is an anomaly of sorts. He's an amazing pass rusher, and stops Runners flat in their tracks. Former High School star from a small town in Western PA, he played "AA" Ball and led his team to 3 consecutive state Championships setting the PA record for Rushing yards, TD's, Sacks and Tackles as a OLB and RB for Central Cambria High School.
Even with all that his college offers were slim pickings. He assumed he didn't have it and went to Junior College for a season where he met up with a former friend and they tried out for the team as walk-ons. What happened next was inexplicable. DeeJay Started at Linebacker for Pennsylvania Highlands JuCo. With 24 Sacks (Division Record) 159 Tackles, and 34 TFL's Krens blew up the stage. Soon after the Scouts were calling.
He decided on Maryland. With his hometown school Pittsburgh running a 4-3 and the lack of overall talent and the fact that even though Dave Wannstadt is a former NFL Coach, he still can't seem to turn around their program. Not only that, but Wanny also revoked a scholarship thinking Krens wasn't worth it. Ralph Friedgen Called and talked to DeeJay. Explaining that he's a lot like one of his former athletes, Shawne Merriman.
Krens enrolled at Maryland and continued to play lights out. Setting the school record for career and single season sacks, Tackles and TFL's.

In Marylands Hybrid system Krens played a modified DE. Who, at 6'5 and 279lbs played at OLB in their 3-4 and 4-3, as well as DE in both systems.

He will continue to progress on the next level and can very well be the best pass rusher the league has seen in the past 20 years.

M.O.T.H.
10-17-2007, 12:22 AM
i was thinking of that, but it couldve gotten contriversial in some areas (Was Keyshawn a Bust? Some think so, some dont)

Well...I'm thinking more realistically. Like a new XFL or the actual UFL that is forming. You wont find someone like Key playing in that league.

I'd like it to be free or open but, if worse came to worse you can make a player pool even for posters to choose from. I really wouldnt want to do that, though.

Quincy Carter
Jesse Palmer
Syvelle Newton
Eric Crouch
Chris Rix
Akili Smith
Bam Morris
Ricky Williams
John Avery
Rashaan Salaam
Aaron Gibson
Michael Wiley
Brock Huard
Avion Black
Amos Zereoue
Willie Blade
John Capel

The possibilities are endless...so many guys you can pick from. lol, i just wanted to list some guys...haha.

SuperKevin
10-17-2007, 12:25 AM
Well...I'm thinking more realistically. Like a new XFL or the actual UFL that is forming. You wont find someone like Key playing in that league.

I'd like it to be free or open but, if worse came to worse you can make a player pool even for posters to choose from. I really wouldnt want to do that, though.

Quincy Carter
Jesse Palmer
Syvelle Newton
Eric Crouch
Chris Rix
Akili Smith
Bam Morris
Ricky Williams
John Avery
Rashaan Salaam
Aaron Gibson
Michael Wiley
Brock Huard
Avion Black
Amos Zereoue
Willie Blade
John Capel

The possibilities are endless...so many guys you can pick from. lol, i just wanted to list some guys...haha.

These guys can be the roster fillers for this league

KCJ58
10-17-2007, 12:53 AM
Position/Player Name/Jersey #: LB/Crail Johnson/58
User Name: KCJ58
Height: 6'3
Weight: 270
School: Colorado
Brief Description:

Strength: Crail has tremondous leadership skills. He has a great work ethic and determination along with his tremendous skills to be a premier linebacker. Great vison for makes alot of plays also a solid tackler, can play ethier Saftey or Tight End. He has the versatility to play inside or outside linebacker. He is strong and powerful and delivers the big hit to his opponents. Very Mobile all over the field (nightmares for all offense). Willis led Big 12 with 147 tackles which ranked him 2nd in the nation.

Weakness: Crail has decent coverage skills to cover running backs and tight ends downfield.

Predicted 40: 4.48
Predicted Bench: 27 at 225

diabsoule
10-17-2007, 01:13 AM
People are really starting to move this thing too fast without ATL being here to supervise or give his thoughts on what he wants done.

SuperKevin
10-17-2007, 01:15 AM
People are really starting to move this thing too fast without ATL being here to supervise or give his thoughts on what he wants done.

People are really just signing up. There's no harm in that

diabsoule
10-17-2007, 01:22 AM
People are really just signing up. There's no harm in that

You creating a separate thread dedicated entirely for players IS taking it too far. Did you have ATL's permission to do so? Are you helping him out with his permission? Shouldn't you think you should have waited until ATL came back to see what he wants to do instead of acting on your own initiative? I understand people's excitement for a new league, but the majority of the people who are interested in this league are still participating in an active WFFL season right now, and that could and will divert their full attention away from neko's league.

SuperKevin
10-17-2007, 01:23 AM
You creating a separate thread dedicated entirely for players IS taking it too far. Did you have ATL's permission to do so? Are you helping him out with his permission? Shouldn't you think you should have waited until ATL came back to see what he wants to do instead of acting on your own initiative? I understand people's excitement for a new league, but the majority of the people who are interested in this league are still participating in an active WFFL season right now, and that could and will divert their full attention away from neko's league.

Actually he came to me with the idea of the league like a week ago so I'd say he's fairly comfortable with the idea of me doing things to help him out

diabsoule
10-17-2007, 01:25 AM
Actually he came to me with the idea of the league like a week ago so I'd say he's fairly comfortable with the idea of me doing things to help him out

I guess coming to you with the idea of a league gives you the incentive and initiative to go ahead and make the player thread and drive the UFL while ATL isn't here. I didn't know you two were Co-GM's in this league.

SuperKevin
10-17-2007, 01:27 AM
I guess coming to you with the idea of a league gives you the incentive and initiative to go ahead and make the player thread and drive the UFL while ATL isn't here. I didn't know you two were Co-GM's in this league.

I'm not. he just came to me asking what I thought of his format and proposed league. he respected my opinions and I gave them to him.

diabsoule
10-17-2007, 01:27 AM
I'm not. he just came to me asking what I thought of his format and proposed league. he respected my opinions and I gave them to him.

Thanks for proving my point.

SuperKevin
10-17-2007, 01:29 AM
Thanks for proving my point.

Whatever. I was a huge supporter of the whole computer simulation thing from the get go so of course I'd only naturally be intrigued by a new league forming featuring computer simulation.

ATLDirtyBirds
10-17-2007, 04:48 AM
Ok, before I get on this whole neko, Dunit thing let me just say something to everyone who signed up as a player.

I have no problem that you signed up as a player, but you might have to change your position. For example, if you signed up as a RB, and all 8 GM's make a superstar RB, you won't be anything more than a #2 back...but I'll gladly let you change if this happens.

ATLDirtyBirds
10-17-2007, 05:04 AM
1. I don't think a UFL vs WFFL thing would work. The ratings are way off, and it would take a while to even it out. Even with all that, we probably won't have a ton of different memebers, and people would be keeping track of two things in there sigs and what not. Just not going to work IMO, too crazy.

2. The leagues being exactly the same. They aren't like you suggested D. Similar? Yes. I asked a few people if they thought it was different from this, and so far you are #1 to say it's almost exactly the same.

3. Co-Comishing. It's not power hungry, I don't mind if either neko or whoever does the write ups, and I do the sim.

4. Fold up the UFL. Why? I haven't had this open long, and people seem to be warm to the idea. Plus this league is new, as opposed to the WFFL/NFL which we know has gone down twice.

5. Wait a couple a seasons for the WFFL. I guess this isn't a horrible idea, but it's not like we are deep into the WFFL. We did one game, I don't think it's an unbreakable bond.

6. Merge. A merge would only work in a few ways. If we just contine the WFFL, I just becoming the sim man. Great, but that basically takes away anything I came up with here. If we merge the 2, let neko make his own team like myself, and we work together to make this work.

People can now change their positions or whatever, so we aren't just stacked at QB and RB, and now have more diversity. Plus these NFLDC users or rookies are entering positions as rookies, and the expierence is much more realistic. They come in, and they aren't considered the leagues superstars right away. They have to actually have some real progress. One of the main reasons I like my league more, more realistic.

scar988
10-17-2007, 09:34 AM
my team? The Charleston Battery!
http://www.footballcrests.com/CharlestonBCrest1.gif
Offense - Balanced (Power Run, Spread Pass)
Defense - 4-3 (attacking blitz packages, man corners, etc...)

Position/Player: RB Reggie Rice Jr. #32
Rating: 96
Height: 6'0"
Brief Description: power back. known for just crushing people as he is knocking them over. solid receiver out the backfield. has some speed, but not the fastest guy. breaks a long run every now and again but is more of that 4-5 yard every play pounder. good pass blocker as well.
Comparison - Stephen Jackson

Position/Player: C Bobby Jarvis #53
Rating: 90
Height: 6'2"
Weight: 315
Brief Description: Powerful drive blocking center. solid at pass blocking. a team leader though. goofy off the field, but won't get into trouble or make any headlines.
Comparison - Olin Kreutz

Position/Player: LT Jonathan Felix #73
Height: 6'6"
Weight: 335
Brief Description: Strong pass blocker, and quick. one of the quickest guys at his position in the game. has trouble overpowering DE's sometimes but for the most part is a guy the RB's wanna run behind.
Comparison - Walter Jones

Position/Player: NT James Costigan #69
Rating: 98
Height: 6'4"
Weight: 350
Brief Description: a powerful NT. run stuffer extraordinaire. has trouble pass rushing but frees up other guys by getting double teamed all the time.
Comparison - Haloti Ngata in College

Position/Player: MLB Ryan Keiper #58
Height: 6'4"
Weight: 250
Brief Description: good at shedding blocks. great in coverage, another team leader. known for his ability to line up the guys in the right spots at all times in the front 7.
Comparison - Brian Urlacher

scottyboy
10-17-2007, 12:53 PM
i dont know ATL. i love this idea, as you brought to me before, but i kept telling you to wait. I would make a GM, but I'd get confused with the 2 leagues and such. I think the WFFL was going along great.

Here's an idea. We make a REALLY BIG forum wide league. With a commish, co-commish, and like one guy who lays down the law if someone acts up. And have these guys work on games and stuff. Get mods/admin or other guys who will be on alot and dedicated to the league. Have a couple guys in charge of the league and some GM's. Have the players all be user posters here. It'd be a lot of work, but with guys recruiting, it could be huge. I'd love to be a GM for that.

D-Unit
10-17-2007, 01:06 PM
1. I don't think a UFL vs WFFL thing would work. The ratings are way off, and it would take a while to even it out. Even with all that, we probably won't have a ton of different memebers, and people would be keeping track of two things in there sigs and what not. Just not going to work IMO, too crazy.
I don't like it either.

2. The leagues being exactly the same. They aren't like you suggested D. Similar? Yes. I asked a few people if they thought it was different from this, and so far you are #1 to say it's almost exactly the same.
They are the same in many ways. Posters making up fantasy players. The only difference is sim vs nonsim. The entire concept is the same otherwise.

3. Co-Comishing. It's not power hungry, I don't mind if either neko or whoever does the write ups, and I do the sim.
I wasn't talking about co-commishing the UFL. I was talking about you helping neko do the write ups for the WFFL so it would end earlier so that you can move onto this quicker. ...and I never made mention of anyone being power hungry.

4. Fold up the UFL. Why? I haven't had this open long, and people seem to be warm to the idea. Plus this league is new, as opposed to the WFFL/NFL which we know has gone down twice.
Of course people would be interested in this. Especially people who have low ratings in the WFFL... or as you'll see as the WFFL season goes along, the teams that start to lose will show even more participation in this as they'll most likely lose motivation to continue playing in the WFFL once their team has no chance to win. Other people interested in this are people who prefer sim control over human control. It was heavily debated in the WFFL on which direction to go. The guys who preferred sim were naturally disappointed that neko decided to go the human route, so this is the perfect avenue for them.

I don't see how you think this won't have a negative affect on the activity in the WFFL. People only have so much time they can invest in it as is. Creating 2 leagues will only further split up their time.

Right now there isn't a lot invested in the UFL forum wise. It's much easier to put this on hold now than it would be the longer it stays alive.

What happens when teammates in the WFFL all of sudden become rivals in the UFL? It's going to be pretty dumb trash talking to each other. LOL.

5. Wait a couple a seasons for the WFFL. I guess this isn't a horrible idea, but it's not like we are deep into the WFFL. We did one game, I don't think it's an unbreakable bond.
We may have just completed the first game, but if you don't think people have invested a lot into it, then you simply haven't spent the same kind of time in it as others have. We have 4 threads, hundreds of pages of posts, and most every team has a full fledged website, including the league site. You don't just toss that to the side as something insignificant.

6. Merge. A merge would only work in a few ways. If we just contine the WFFL, I just becoming the sim man. Great, but that basically takes away anything I came up with here. If we merge the 2, let neko make his own team like myself, and we work together to make this work.
Correct. A merge would never work.

People can now change their positions or whatever, so we aren't just stacked at QB and RB, and now have more diversity. Plus these NFLDC users or rookies are entering positions as rookies, and the expierence is much more realistic. They come in, and they aren't considered the leagues superstars right away. They have to actually have some real progress. One of the main reasons I like my league more, more realistic.
You have a good concept. Plenty of reasons for people to like your game more. But out of curiosity, how do players improve? How will you increase their ratings? Good write ups? Isn't that then basically the same?

I just think it's not very good timing. In fact, I think it's pretty disrespectful and slightly arrogant in a way that you won't back down.

But I'm not stopping this league. If you want to hold off, a lot of people would respect that, but you're the one that has to make the call.

Response in bold.

SuperKevin
10-17-2007, 01:40 PM
What happens when teammates in the WFFL all of sudden become rivals in the UFL? It's going to be pretty dumb trash talking to each other. LOL.

You really think there is that much alligience to teammates in the WFFL that it would prevent people from trash talking each other in a completely seperate league? Doubtful.

scottyboy
10-17-2007, 01:41 PM
You really think there is that much alligience to teammates in the WFFL that it would prevent people from trash talking each other in a completely seperate league? Doubtful.

but it would be kinda weird if one T'Wolves players(moss) was talking trash to a team run by fellow team mate Julio Stone. I say let this, hmm not die, but go into a coma, only to be re-awakened later after the WFFL dies.

SuperKevin
10-17-2007, 01:45 PM
but it would be kinda weird if one T'Wolves players(moss) was talking trash to a team run by fellow team mate Julio Stone. I say let this, hmm not die, but go into a coma, only to be re-awakened later after the WFFL dies.

How is it weird. Jut realize that anything that happens in the UFL has nothing to do with anything with the WFFL

scar988
10-17-2007, 01:45 PM
I will say, don't quit signups or anything, but let us make the teams for the UFL and such... allow us to get that in order... then we can wait for the WFFL to finish after liek 4-5 seasons or whenever interest dies, and we could then do this.

scottyboy
10-17-2007, 01:48 PM
I will say, don't quit signups or anything, but let us make the teams for the UFL and such... allow us to get that in order... then we can wait for the WFFL to finish after liek 4-5 seasons or whenever interest dies, and we could then do this.

yes, just induce into a coma. Bring back up when WFFL dies, that's the most logical thing

TimD
10-17-2007, 01:50 PM
So my player, Christian "the Magician" Samuelsson is still going to be there when this starts?

BrownsTown
10-17-2007, 02:27 PM
Should I post my 5 guys?

BuckNaked
10-17-2007, 02:35 PM
Player Name: Blackie Chan
Jersey Number: 10
User Name: BuckNaked
College: Kentucky
Height: 6'7
40 time: 4.56
Positives: Blackie has a cannon and and has good mobility. His accuracy is good and he has great size. He's led his team to many 4th quarter comebacks in college. His fro is tenacious.
Negatives: He has a bit of an attitude issue and is dedicated to his Stripper Jet more than anything else. Gets into occasional scuffles with opposing players.

http://men.style.com/slideshows/mens/standalone/gq/feature/1106/athletes/00016f.jpg

Just imagine that he's holding a football.

ATLDirtyBirds
10-17-2007, 04:26 PM
Should I post my 5 guys?

It depends on how we are going to work this. I don't think 2 leagues can work, but maybe we just use Scars idea...

Edit- It won't hurt anybody if you post your guys, so go ahead.

ATLDirtyBirds
10-17-2007, 04:28 PM

The thing is, with 4-5 seasons with it going at a somewhat slow game pace could take along time. If you guys are willing to wait, fine. Like I have said several times, next week I would have the ability to get this off to a huge start, which is why I wanted to do this now.

adschofield
10-17-2007, 04:33 PM
Player Name: D.J. Buckingham
Jersey Number: 5
User Name: adschofield
College: Arkansas
40 time: 4.4
Scouting Report: Buckingham was a backup the first two games of his college career, but has taken off since then. He had an amazing freshmen season, rushing for 1,113 yards and 11 touchdowns, earning Freshmen All American honors. As good as that season was, his sohpomore year was spectacular. He won the Doak Walker Award, and was the Heisman runner up after rushing for 1,647 yards and 14 touchdowns, despite being slowed by a dislocated toe at the start of the year.

Buckingham is the total package. He has excellent size, speed, and athleticism. He is a willing interior runner, and will not be brought down by the first defender. Once a hole opens up, he hits it and is in the open field ready for a big play. What makes Buckingham special is that he is a gamebreaker, along with being a guy that can pound it between the tackles. He has the speed to get to the outside, and the speed to outrun defensive backs.

He will have to work on his blitz pickup at the next level, and work on his receiving skills. He’s proven to be a playmaker as a receiver, but has not been asked to catch the ball very often. The only real flaw in his game, may be that he runs a little upright, which will open him up for some big hits in the NFL.

Andre Buckingham will be a top five pick if he makes it through the year healthy. He is the complete package as a running back, and the type of player you build an offense around.

ATLDirtyBirds
10-17-2007, 04:37 PM
Response in bold.

DUnit: But out of curiosity, how do players improve? How will you increase their ratings? Good write ups? Isn't that then basically the same?

1. Playing above your rating will move your rating up. For example if you are a 96, it would be very very tough to get your rating up. But if you are a 82 and put up a good season, your rating will go up 2 points or so, depending on how good.

2. I will do the create a team/player thing which allows me to adjust the ratings.

3. Well the plan was to have someone else do the writeups so the league could go faster, but I could do it if need be.

3. Completely different roster layout, more realism, different way of game outcomes, and all that. I mean it all stems from the original idea, but I don't see how they so similar.

ATLDirtyBirds
10-17-2007, 04:38 PM
Just remember players, you might have to change your positions. I'm looking at you RBs.

adschofield
10-17-2007, 04:39 PM
Just remember players, you might have to change your positions. I'm looking at you RBs.

I know, I know...I'll change if need be.

D-Unit
10-17-2007, 05:10 PM
DUnit: But out of curiosity, how do players improve? How will you increase their ratings? Good write ups? Isn't that then basically the same?

1. Playing above your rating will move your rating up. For example if you are a 96, it would be very very tough to get your rating up. But if you are a 82 and put up a good season, your rating will go up 2 points or so, depending on how good.

2. I will do the create a team/player thing which allows me to adjust the ratings.

3. Well the plan was to have someone else do the writeups so the league could go faster, but I could do it if need be.

3. Completely different roster layout, more realism, different way of game outcomes, and all that. I mean it all stems from the original idea, but I don't see how they so similar.
How does your rating get started off? Is everyone the same? If increase in rating is depended on play, how is good play determined? Luck of the sim?

NYGibril28
10-17-2007, 05:11 PM
any GM spots open?

adschofield
10-17-2007, 05:12 PM
Oh why not...I'll just be a GM...I'll be the Kansas City Butchers

Offense-Balanced
Defense-Cover 2

Position/Player: RB D.J. Buckingham #5
Brief Description: The complete package in the running game. Has game breaking speed to beat the corners, but also has the power to run up the middle. Needs to work on the finer points of the game
Comparison - Darren McFadden

Position/Player: DT Greg Dawkins #72
Weight: 299
Brief Description: He comes off the line very quickly, and can penetrate into the backfield to disrupt plays on a consistent basis. He has the quickness and athleticism to beat lineman out of the block, and bust right by them to make plays. Dorsey also has the bulk, strength, and aggressiveness to plus the run as well. He is a tackle that can make plays all over the place, and must be accounted for on every snap. A little shorter than ideal..can be driven off the ball by stronger lineman
Comparison - Glenn Dorsey

Position/Player: LT Jonathan Lawson #73
Height: 6'7"
Weight: 313
Brief Description: An absolute monster at run-blocking...Is a true roadgrader...Has great size and is very strong...Has a great frame, but is not a great pass blocker at this stage.
Comparison - Jake Long

Position/Player: DE Chris Crawford
Height: 6'8"
Weight: 280
Brief Description: The latest freak at defensive end. He has a great frame with room to get bigger, but excellent athleticism to go along with it. He is very tall, and could fill out to near 300 pounds once he’s done growing. He is a major threat off the edge as a pass rusher. His size and size potential will allow him to help out in run support.
Comparison - Calais Campbell

Position/Player: QB Antonio Williams
Height: 6'5"
Brief Description: Is the ideal pocket passer. He has excellent size. He has the height to see the defense, and a sturdy frame to sit in the pocket and deliver a strike with pressure coming. He has a big time arm and can make every throw possible. Has also proven to be efficient with the football, staying away from big mistakes. He has also been very accurate, with a career completion percentage of over 60%. Not very mobile and has an awkward throwing motion.
Comparison - Andre Woodson

ATLDirtyBirds
10-17-2007, 05:14 PM
How does your rating get started off? Is everyone the same? If increase in rating is depended on play, how is good play determined? Luck of the sim?

Superstars are created by the GM's and non drafted players are determined by GM and the rest of his team. Drafted players, I decided I will probably go with a round rating. Like anyone drafted in round 1 is an 85-88, or something to that affect.

It's fairly obvious to tell if someone had a good season or a bad season. If that's not enough, GM's could determine who deserves extra points for another team.

And luck of the sim is everybit, and probably more fair then just what some random person comes up with in their head.

adschofield
10-17-2007, 05:16 PM
any GM spots open?

Yeah...I think we have 4 left

ATLDirtyBirds
10-17-2007, 05:18 PM
Should be interesting ads, it looks like both our backs are very similar. Looks like what will be AD and DMac in a few years.

Eaglez.Fan
10-17-2007, 05:18 PM
If there is GM spots open I can be one. So we're suppost to make 5 players as well as the team name and such?

scottyboy
10-17-2007, 05:19 PM
reserve me a spot as a player, perhaps gm when the WFFL dies.

Eaglez.Fan
10-17-2007, 05:21 PM
We have to be accepted for a GM spot....

adschofield
Should be interesting ads, it looks like both our backs are very similar. Looks like what will be AD and DMac in a few years.

Yes, but everyone knows that DMAC>AD :)

I just realized that both of their "weaknesses" are pretty much the same...injuries and an upright running style

HoopsDemon12
ok for some reason this thread confuses me.. if i want to be a player what do i have to do?

adschofield
10-17-2007, 05:22 PM
If there is GM spots open I can be one. So we're suppost to make 5 players as well as the team name and such?

Yeah, I just used ATL's as a template and filled it in

adschofield
10-17-2007, 05:24 PM
ok for some reason this thread confuses me.. if i want to be a player what do i have to do?

just sign up like WFFL...but instead each GM makes 5 superstar players...then the GM's draft the remaining people who signed up as players

ATLDirtyBirds
10-17-2007, 05:25 PM

Yup, that it for now.

scottyboy
10-17-2007, 05:25 PM
ATL, do you plan on starting this now or waiting till the end of the WFFL?

adschofield
10-17-2007, 05:26 PM
Yup, that it for now.

Wait, was I "accepted" as a GM?

NYGibril28
10-17-2007, 05:27 PM
Team Name: Connecticut Crush
Primary Color: Red
Secondary Color: Baby Blue

Offense Type: Power Running w/ Vertical passing game
Defense Type: 3-4

Superstars
Name: Patrick McKinstry #1
College: Virginia Tech
Throws: Right
Height: 6'3"
Brief Description: Strong arm, but even more accurate. Not very mobile. Good awareness, reads defense well. Looks off his defenders. Forces some throws.
Comparison: Carson Palmer

Name: Dwayne Carter #23
College: Louisiana Tech
Height: 5'10"
Weight: 210
Brief Description: Fast with great cutback ability. Good vision and quick to the whole. Sometimes doesn't wait for his blocks, a little too quick sometimes. Average hands.
Comparison: Willie Parker

Name: Orlando Jones #69
Position: LT
College: Florida
Weight: 320
Brief Description: Great run blocker, but even better in pass protection. Agile feet and very strong. Gets a good push on running plays.
Comparison: Orlando Pace/Walter Jones

Name: Alex Snow #24
Position: CB
College: Connecticut
Height: 6'
Weight: 200
Brief Description: Jams receivers at the line. Hard to get buy him at first step but once they do, he has good recovery speed. Does not tackle well for someone with such strength. Great KR.
Comparison: Chris McAllister

Name: Jace Wadsworth $56
Position: OLB
College: Kentucky
Brief Description: Rush backer. Quick. Tackles very well. Struggles in coverage. Very smart.
Comparison: Demarcus Ware

ATLDirtyBirds
10-17-2007, 05:27 PM
just sign up like WFFL...but instead each GM makes 5 superstar players...then the GM's draft the remaining people who signed up as players

The only thing is you might have to change your position. It's not looking great for RB's at this point.

Man_Of_Steel
10-17-2007, 05:29 PM
Team Name: Connecticut Crush
Primary Color: Red
Secondary Color: Baby Blue

Offense Type: Power Running w/ Vertical passing game
Defense Type: 3-4

Superstars
Name: Patrick McKinstry
Brief Description: Strong arm, but even more accurate. Not very mobile. Good awareness, reads defense well. Looks off his defenders. Forces some throws.

Name: Dwayne Carter
Brief Description: Fast with great cutback ability. Good vision and quick to the whole. Sometimes doesn't wait for his blocks, a little too quick sometimes. Average hands.

Name: Orlando Jones
Position: RT
Weight: 320
Brief Description: Great run blocker, but struggles somewhat in pass protection. Agile feet and very strong. Gets a good push on running plays.

Name: Alex Snow
Height: 6'
Brief Description: Jams receivers at the line. Hard to get buy him at first step but once they do, he has good recovery speed. Does not tackle well for someone with such strength. Great KR.

Name: Jace Wadsworth
Position: OLB
Brief Description: Rush backer. Quick. Tackles very well. Struggles in coverage. Very smart.

Why would you make a superstar RT instead of LT?

NYGibril28
10-17-2007, 05:30 PM
Why would you make a superstar RT instead of LT?

Ha, type-o

ATLDirtyBirds
10-17-2007, 05:30 PM
Wait, was I "accepted" as a GM?

Yes sir you were. I just said that so people with like 250 posts signed up. It's not an overly hard job, but it takes some decent time in the beginning.

Man_Of_Steel
10-17-2007, 05:31 PM
Is there a open GM spot?

Eaglez.Fan
10-17-2007, 05:33 PM
Ottawa Capitals

Offense- Spread
Defense- 3-4

Superstars

Position/Player Name/Jersey #: QB / Xavier "Lightning" Lee / #6
Weight: 217
Brief Description: Very fast, big arm,solid accuracy. Consistancy is the biggest concern.

User Name: (If you choose a person from the site other than yourself to be the player)
Rating:
Weight:
Brief Description:

Rating:
Weight:
Brief Description:

Rating:
Weight:
Brief Description:

Rating:
Weight:
Brief Description:

EDITING RIGHT NOW

ATLDirtyBirds
10-17-2007, 05:36 PM
ATL, do you plan on starting this now or waiting till the end of the WFFL?

I don't know, probably waiting a while on the WFFL. We are missing out on a big opportunity though. But whatever.

ATLDirtyBirds
10-17-2007, 05:36 PM
Is there a open GM spot?

Yes there is.

NYGibril28
10-17-2007, 05:37 PM
I think you should start it whenever you feel like it.

adschofield
10-17-2007, 05:37 PM
Is there a open GM spot?

Yeah, we have two left by my count

HoopsDemon12
10-17-2007, 05:38 PM
Name: Benn Hart # 87
College: Miami
Predicted 40: 4.43
Predicted Bench: 26 @ 220
Predicted Vetical: 41

Strengths: Is an incredible athlete and will make catches no tight end has any business making. Is a terrific route runner and finds the wholes in coverage often and will make the defense pay. Is a threat to take it to the house every time he touches the ball. Will break an amazing amount of tackles and rarely ever goes down on first contact. Has a great knowledge of the game.

Weaknesses: Though he has great strength he is no where close to where he needs to be blocking technique wise, if he wants to be a good blocker. Has all the tools, if he is coached his blocking could improve. Is a good player and he knows it, will have run ins with players and coaches when he doesnt get the ball. Plays with an intesity on the field that can sometimes get out of hand.

Comparison: Kellen Winslow Jr.

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/multimedia/photo_gallery/0608/gallery.acctopplayers/images/olsen.jpg

adschofield
10-17-2007, 05:38 PM
I don't know, probably waiting a while on the WFFL. We are missing out on a big opportunity though. But whatever.

Just start it...I'm equally interested in both, and I don't think this will make a difference

NYGibril28
10-17-2007, 05:39 PM
If there aren't GMs who are in both leagues, I don't see the big phuckin deal

Edit: Meaning, you can't be a GM in both leagues.

scottyboy
10-17-2007, 05:43 PM

that is the best option. I'll sign up as a player now as I'm procrastinating, but waiting out the WFFL is the best way to play this.

Jamaal Umenyiora
DE #92
Height: 6'2
College: The Rutgers University

Strengths: Just an outstanding pass rusher. Just has a knack of getting to the QB. Long arms, trips up and slows down RB's alot. Very smart, wont get fooled easily on cutbacks and playfakes. Knows how to use his hands, great technique that frustrates OL as he gets by them and to the QB.

Weaknesses: Not very fast, especailly for the sack artist he is. Isn't overally strong as well. It's a wonder how he constnatly burns OL to rack up sacks. Not the soundest of tacklers. Will get in the backfield to blow up plays, but wont always bring down the RB.

Man_Of_Steel
10-17-2007, 05:43 PM
Yes there is.

My team info will be up in a couple hours when I get back.

NYGibril28
10-17-2007, 05:44 PM
I am accepted, correct?

adschofield
10-17-2007, 05:45 PM
I think we need one more GM...and I say we start since ATL has a lot of free time coming up

'cuse-213
10-17-2007, 05:45 PM
1 spot left? Ill be a GM

ATLDirtyBirds
10-17-2007, 05:46 PM
I am accepted, correct?

Yes you are. And guys, the GM thing is just a slight measure. My ideal situation would be to have 12-16 User GM's with no CPU GMs.

As a matter of fact, I'll extend this list.

Eaglez.Fan
10-17-2007, 05:47 PM
Ottawa Capitals

Offense-
-Spread
-40/60 (Run/Pass)
Defense-
-3-4
-Aggresive

Coaches-
Head Coach- Jon Gruden
Offensive Co.- Andy Reid
Defensive Co.- Herm Edwards

Superstars

Position/Player Name/Jersey #: QB / Xavier "Lightning" Lee / #6
Weight: 217
Brief Description: Very fast, big arm, solid accuracy. Consistancy is the biggest concern.
Skin: Midnight black
Comparison: Mike Vick + accuracy

Position/Player Name/Jersey #: WR / Ike Williams / #85
Height: 6'4
Weight: 227
Brief Description: Great hands, very fast, very strong. Bad attitude and some off-field problems.
Skin: Midnight black
Comparison: Calvin Johnson

Position/Player Name/Jersey #: WR / Huka Kook / #86
Rating: 91
Weight: 219
Brief Description: Great routes, great hands. Above average speed, above average strength. Has guts.
Skin: Black
Comparison: Poor Marvin Harrison

Position/Player Name/Jersey #: LOLB / Bobby Farmer / #97
Height: 6'6
Weight: 278
Brief Description: Physical freak. Great speed, great pass rush moves, good against the run. Has never been injured in his life. Bad in coverage.
Skin: Ghost white

Position/Player Name/Jersey #: ROLB / William Shakespeare / #99
Height: 6'7
Weight: 269
Brief Description: VERY fast. Ran a 4.3 as a DE/OLD tweener. Amazing at english. Sack king (best pass rush moves in the league). Good against the run. GOod positioning. Can't get off blocks at all, weak for his size, but overall pretty strong. Bad in coverage.
Skin: Ghost white

adschofield
Yes you are. And guys, the GM thing is just a slight measure. My ideal situation would be to have 12-16 User GM's with no CPU GMs.

So after we get all the GM's, what happens next

'cuse-213

As a matter of fact, I'll extend this list.

ok, Ill make my team.

scottyboy
If I'm needed at GM I'll be one, but I'll dominate it, because of my masterful GM'ing skillz

BrownsTown
10-17-2007, 05:49 PM
Cleveland Rockers (yes these are all musicians):

Offensive Stlye: Run and Gun
Defensive Scheme: 3-4

QB Jon Fratelli #1
http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/42696000/jpg/_42696619_fratellisgetty203.jpg
Height: 6’1
Comparison: Peyton Manning
Brief Description: Peyton Manning style dropback QB. Good arm and accuracy, gets rid of the ball quickly. Slower than a tortoise with a hernia. Size isn't much of an issue.

MLB Tre Cool #54
http://images.quizfarm.com/1113362439tre%20cool21.JPG
Rating: 93
Height: 6’0
Comparison: Brian Urlacher
Brief Description: Plays with instincts well and is a team leader. Brilliant tackler. Only average in coverage and not overly fast.

WR Damon Albarn #17
http://wendylynchphotography.com/DAMONALBARN.jpg
Height: 6’2
Comparison: Chad Johnson
Brief Description: Deceptively quick. Good hands. Not a great blocker or team player. Will sometimes overrun routes.

NT Chris Burney #99
http://www.omguide.com/images/bfs114a.jpg
Height: 6’6
Weight: 400
Comparison: Ted Washington (In his prime)
Brief Description: Huge, Massive, Gigantular. Amazing run stuffer. Pass rush is not his forte. It's assumed he is slow, but he has never been able to finish the 40 because he always gets too tired.

SS Liam Gallagher, #21
http://aycu36.webshots.com/image/11075/2005464220141111146_rs.jpg
Weight: 205
Comparison: Sean Taylor
Brief Description: A devastating hitter. Decent against the pass, not his best area. 1 on 1 will make any tackle. Some character problems.

ATLDirtyBirds
10-17-2007, 05:51 PM
So after we get all the GM's, what happens next

Make up coaches and scheme (some have already done that) Player signups, draft, final rosters, and then we make a final decision as to when this league starts up.

HoopsDemon12
10-17-2007, 05:52 PM
Make up coaches and scheme (some have already done that) Player signups, draft, final rosters, and then we make a final decision as to when this league starts up.

so for me to be a player does a GM have to put me in his 5?

NYGibril28
10-17-2007, 05:53 PM

No. GMs make their own list of 5 players. Then the draft.

ATLDirtyBirds
10-17-2007, 05:54 PM

No, I'm trying to create a more real enviorment. All GM's create a team, and make up their own stars of the league. (These are the concrete pieces of the team. The Brady's LT's, etc.)

Then when you will be drafted, and instead of coming in right away and being a superstar of the league, you work your way up via preformance.

HoopsDemon12
10-17-2007, 05:54 PM

ok i get it now.. thanks for clearing that up..

how many people have signed up as players? i know 2 for sure

BrownsTown
10-17-2007, 05:55 PM

Demetri Martin rocks.

adschofield

No...lol, that sounds like a bad Alltel commercial

ATLDirtyBirds
I'm out for a little while, feel free to ask ?'s, signup, or post your players.

fenikz
10-17-2007, 05:57 PM
So whats the deal with this league? Any thing different the the WFFL? Anyone care to sum it up for me?

adschofield
10-17-2007, 06:03 PM
So whats the deal with this league? Any thing different the the WFFL? Anyone care to sum it up for me?

GM's create 5 "superstar" players, while they other players sign up like in the WFFL...it's simmed in Madden.

fenikz
10-17-2007, 06:05 PM
any positions of need right now or should i just sign up for anything?

adschofield
10-17-2007, 06:07 PM
any positions of need right now or should i just sign up for anything?

WR...shockingly...also, CB and S are needs

NYGibril28
10-17-2007, 06:07 PM
Demetri Martin rocks.

If you don't know the difference between a spoon and a ladle, then you're fat.

Any toy can be an adult toy. LOCATION, LOCATION LOCATION!

NYGibril28
10-17-2007, 06:12 PM
I didn't create WR's as my superstars with the expectation that'd be a popular choice as a user-generated player...

fenikz
10-17-2007, 06:16 PM
Fenikz McMullens / #13 / WR
User Name: fenikz
Rating:
Weight: 201
College: Louisiana-Lafayette

Strengths: A speed demon, one of the fastest men on the planet, excellent punt returner and tough to tackle one on one, very shifty, good leaping ability, nice humble kid

Weaknesses: Only average hands, can be knocked off of his routes, isn't afraid to go across the middle but he isn't built for it, needs work on his routes, only 2 years of college football due to Olympic Qualifying for the 110m Hurdles, not an "ra ra" type of guy

http://www.ragincajuns.com//pics12/400/GM/GMECXFNMXJKMMKS.20071007031902.JPG

'cuse-213
10-17-2007, 06:31 PM
Syracuse Rush

Offense- Power Run
Defense- 4-3

Superstars

Position/Player Name/Jersey #: QB / Tim Moran/ #10
Brief Description: Decent speed, Strong arm/velocity, solid accuracy.
Comparison: Tom Brady

Position/Player Name/Jersey #: RB / Chase Carr / #20
Rating: 99
Height: 5'11''
Brief Description: Extremely fast, Extremely powerful. Below average hands.
Comparison: LT

Position/Player Name/Jersey #: C / Keith Simon / #60
Height: 6'2''
Weight: 315
Brief Description: Amazing Run blocker. Can pull out on sweeps, is fast and athletic. Good pass blocker.
Comparison: Nick Mangold

Position/Player Name/Jersey #: MLB / Carter Mack / #51
Brief Description: VERY fast/accel. Never misses a tackle. Can get tied up between blockers.
Comparison: Jonathan Vilma

Position/Player Name/Jersey #: SS / Jeremy Connors / #40
Height: 6'1''
Weight: 220
Brief Description: Fierce Hitter, good speed. Very aware. Good agility. High acceleration.
Comparison: Brian Dawkins

BrownsTown
10-17-2007, 06:33 PM
2 people made a player with the same name, haha.

and I think those ratings are too high. The total has to be 470 or under.

'cuse-213
10-17-2007, 06:34 PM
Is that good?

BrownsTown
10-17-2007, 06:35 PM
Is that good?

470 exactly by my count. Fine, I think.

'cuse-213
10-17-2007, 06:35 PM

lol I used his outline, didnt notice.

adschofield
10-17-2007, 06:37 PM

Who has the same name?

BrownsTown
10-17-2007, 06:38 PM
Who has the same name?

He edited it, 2 people made a player named Huka Kook for some reason.

EDIT: Post above yours.

'cuse-213
10-17-2007, 06:38 PM
Who has the same name?

I changed it.

OSUGiants17
10-17-2007, 06:47 PM
GM's stop giving your team a QB as a star player b/c if u all make a QB one of your star players I won't get drafted

BrownsTown
10-17-2007, 06:48 PM
GM's stop giving your team a QB as a star player b/c if u all make a QB one of your star players I won't get drafted

You'd probably get to switch positions.

adschofield
10-17-2007, 06:48 PM

ATL will let you change your positions if everyone has a QB, or your player can just be my Tim Tebow

OSUGiants17
10-17-2007, 06:52 PM
ATL will let you change your positions if everyone has a QB, or your player can just be my Tim Tebow

Tim Tebow is good so I wouldn't mind that. Also, MOS didn't poat his team so maybe he won't have a Star QB

scar988
10-17-2007, 07:00 PM

I didn't make one... I expected a lot of good QB's and speed RB's... soI made a power RB, 2 OL, a NT and a MLB... if I draft a current MLB I'll move him to SLB or switch to hybrid D if I can get Krens.

ATLDirtyBirds
10-17-2007, 07:02 PM
Tim Tebow is good so I wouldn't mind that. Also, MOS didn't poat his team so maybe he won't have a Star QB

I figured out how I can have everyone join. Let's say there is 1 Qb spot open on a team, and 2 QB's signed up. Of course one will not be selected. Then I will let them change positions and go in as a FA. Or, I'd be more than willing to change your position if you aren't of need to any team.

fenikz
10-17-2007, 07:04 PM
when is the draft and such going to be?

ATLDirtyBirds
10-17-2007, 07:04 PM
Just a quick reminder, you will be basically making your own roster.(with rating limitations) So just keep that in mind for your strategies.

ATLDirtyBirds
10-17-2007, 07:05 PM
when is the draft and such going to be?

Not sure. Just trying to get this set up as of now. The weekend is the goal though.

adschofield
10-17-2007, 07:12 PM
Kansas City Butchers Announce the Signing of Coaches

http://msnbcmedia4.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/z_Projects_in_progress/NFL_coach_comparison_ap/NFLcoach_dungy_tony.widec.jpg

GM Andrew Holt: "We're glad to have Tony on board and we feel like we see eye to eye on the team strategy and the direction of this franchise. And we both have one goal in mind: to win the championship"

http://www.geocities.com/chris20001962/Pics/manning4l.jpg

GM Andrew Holt: "We're also very excited to have Tom Moore on board. Tony and I both felt like he was a great coach who wanted to do the same things on offense like us."

http://assets.espn.go.com/i/magazine/new/monte_kiffin_a.jpg

GM Andrew Holt: "We're also pleased to announce that we have signed Monte Kiffin as our defensive coordinator. He's a great coach who knows how to run the Tampa 2 defense, which we really want to implement here in KC."

wiscbadgerfootball
10-17-2007, 07:30 PM
what should I change my rb to?

BrownsTown
10-17-2007, 07:32 PM
what should I change my rb to?

You don't need to, I know some teams don't have RBs.

Eaglez.Fan
10-17-2007, 07:40 PM
The Caps hire Jon Gruden, Andy Reid and Herm Edwards.

NYGibril28
10-17-2007, 07:45 PM
Head Coach: Eric Mangini
Offensive Coordinator: Norm Chow
Defensive Coordinator: Romeo Crenell

BrownsTown
10-17-2007, 07:49 PM
Rockers hire:
Head Coach: Bill Cowher
Offensive Coordinator: Rob Chudzinski
Defensive Coordinator: Rex Ryan

NYGibril28
10-17-2007, 07:50 PM
BREAKING NEWS

Two minutes after being hired, Connecticut Offensive Coordinator Charlie Weiss has been fired. He will be replaced by Norm Chow.

BrownsTown
10-17-2007, 07:50 PM
BREAKING NEWS

Two minutes after being hired, Connecticut Offensive Coordinator Charlie Weiss has been fired. He will be replaced by Norm Chow.

That was fast. Did he eat the playbook again?

NYGibril28
10-17-2007, 07:51 PM

No. He slept with my mother.

KCJ58
10-17-2007, 07:51 PM

no he tried to eat the QB

scar988
10-17-2007, 08:02 PM
The Charleston Battery hire as it's coaches:

HC - Mike Holmgren
OC - Mike Martz
DC - Jim Bates

ATLDirtyBirds
10-17-2007, 08:17 PM
Miami Doom Coaching Staff

HC: Amp Charizma
Bio: Is known to be a mastermind of offense. Created his own system that his players are known to love. He is also well-respected and liked for his personality. It is almost like he is apart of the team.

OC: Hue Jackons
He coached up Chad and TJ Housh to the level that they are at today. Add into it that he has found the talent in Roddy White. Wow. He makes sure the players Amp's system produce.

DC: Mike Singeltary

An established coach who will get the best out of all of his players. Heard he had a decent career as well.

ATLDirtyBirds
10-17-2007, 08:19 PM
I know some of you have already done it, but can you guys post or repost your little strategy thing?

Doom

Offense: Lots of shotgun, multiple WR sets. Balanced number of runs pass

Defense: 4-3

RoyHall#1
10-17-2007, 08:21 PM
Name: Rivialdo
Position: WR
Weight: 218
Comparison: Braylon Edwards
College: Appalachian State
Brief Info: Rivialdo came to America from Brazil to play futbol. His speed and size impressed the local football team, so they gave him a tryout. The rest is a blur of receptions and TD's. He has everything you look for in a WR, the size, the speed, the hands etc. However he can get jammed at the line fairly easily and does not recover from big hits well. Is an expert at drawing pass interference calls by flopping. Is somewhat of a pretty boy who gets all the women with his cute accent, so he pisses opposing teams off wherever he goes.

Predicted 40: 4.37
Predicted Bench: 17

NYGibril28
10-17-2007, 08:22 PM
Connectict Crush

Offense: Run Heavy w/ Vertical Passing Game
Defense: 3-4

Eaglez.Fan
10-17-2007, 08:23 PM
It's Rivaldo not Rivialdo.

RoyHall#1
10-17-2007, 08:25 PM
It's Rivaldo not Rivialdo.

My guy's Rivialdo... I didn't even know there was a Rivaldo.

adschofield
10-17-2007, 08:28 PM
Kansas City Butchers

O: Mixes it up relies on unpredictability...uses the spread and shotgun some...Think of the Colts Offense

D:Tampa 2...gets pressure on QB and doesn't give up the big play

scar988
10-17-2007, 08:36 PM
I know some of you have already done it, but can you guys post or repost your little strategy thing?

Doom

Offense: Lots of shotgun, multiple WR sets. Balanced number of runs pass

Defense: 4-3
The Charleston Battery!

'cuse-213
10-17-2007, 08:36 PM
Syracuse Rush

Offense: Power Running, with the best RB in the league. Playaction gets set up frequently.

Defense: 4-3 very quick defense, sideline to sideline.

Man_Of_Steel
10-17-2007, 08:37 PM
Team Name: Pittsburgh Immortals
Primary Color: Green
Secondary Color: Black

Offense Type: Spread featuring the run (More details to come)
Defense Type: 2-5 Hybrid (More details to come)

Superstars
Name: Grant “Game Breaker” Tanner
Brief Description: Strong arm, can make all the throws. Extremely intelligent/ studious allows him to pick apart a defense. Has good speed and can outrun many but tends to stay in the pocket. Is the leader of the team and loves clutch moments..

Name: Tito "Mighty" Maas
Position: WR
Height: 6’4"
Brief Description: Big, Fast, Strong, Unstoppable? If you were to build a football players in a laboratory he would look an awful lot like Mass. Physical and a redzone demon, Mass is a mismatch in every situation

Name: Kwazi “Warrior” Mbutabe
Position: DT
Height: 6'6"
Weight: 325
Brief Description: A Nigerian American who approaches the game with a warrior mentality. A sure fire hall of famer he is as elite as they come, has never allowed a 100 yard rusher in any of his starts.

Name: Andre “Sticky” Cutts
Height: 6'1"
Brief Description: A cornerback with the mentality of a linebacker. Loves to jam the receiver at the line and disrupt the timing of routes. Considered to be the next great corner… If he isn’t already.

Name: LaVar “Outlaw” Armour
Position: S
Brief Description: Gives offenses nightmares, lines up all over the field and headhunts without mercy. Nicknamed outlaw for his constant dirty hits Armour not only wins games but ends careers.

Bottom Line

A team built on speed and tenacity.

RoyHall#1
10-17-2007, 08:39 PM
I think you've given out too many points MoS.

adschofield
10-17-2007, 08:39 PM
MoS, I think you went over the point limit...I think you can only have 370 totals points for your 5 superstars

ATLDirtyBirds
10-17-2007, 08:40 PM
MOS, you need to cut 4 ratings points off. You are at 474. And also add 3 years of age...

Besides that, could you just tell me what your QB's speed is like...

BrownsTown
MoS, I think you went over the point limit...I think you can only have 370 totals points for your 5 superstars

470, but yea he's over.

ATLDirtyBirds
The Charleston Battery!

Aha, very similar schemes I see. Us Falcons fans...

Eaglez.Fan
10-17-2007, 08:41 PM
Yeah u need to drop 4 rating points.

And ur guys are too young.

RoyHall#1
10-17-2007, 08:43 PM
MoS, you are 4 points over. You also need some more age.

ATLDirtyBirds
10-17-2007, 08:44 PM
*GMs... check page one for the GM list. Let me know if I missed you*

BrownsTown
Cleveland Rockers (yes these are all musicians):

Offensive Stlye: Run and Gun
Defensive Scheme: 3-4

QB Jon Fratelli #1
http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/42696000/jpg/_42696619_fratellisgetty203.jpg
Height: 6’1
Comparison: Peyton Manning
Brief Description: Peyton Manning style dropback QB. Good arm and accuracy, gets rid of the ball quickly. Slower than a tortoise with a hernia. Size isn't much of an issue.

MLB Tre Cool #54
http://images.quizfarm.com/1113362439tre%20cool21.JPG
Comparison: Brian Urlacher
Brief Description: Plays with instincts well and is a team leader. Brilliant tackler. Only average in coverage and not overly fast.

WR Damon Albarn #17
http://wendylynchphotography.com/DAMONALBARN.jpg
Height: 6’2
Comparison: Chad Johnson
Brief Description: Deceptively quick. Good hands. Not a great blocker or team player. Will sometimes overrun routes.

NT Chris Burney #99
http://www.omguide.com/images/bfs114a.jpg
Height: 6’6
Weight: 400
Comparison: Ted Washington (In his prime)
Brief Description: Huge, Massive, Gigantular. Amazing run stuffer. Pass rush is not his forte. It's assumed he is slow, but he has never been able to finish the 40 because he always gets too tired.

SS Liam Gallagher, #21
http://aycu36.webshots.com/image/11075/2005464220141111146_rs.jpg
Comparison: Sean Taylor
Brief Description: A devastating hitter. Decent against the pass, not his best area. 1 on 1 will make any tackle. Some character problems.

Bumped for super kevin's sake.

adschofield
ATL, how long are you going to keep open the GM signups?

'cuse-213
10-17-2007, 08:45 PM
MoS your 4 points over.

ATLDirtyBirds
10-17-2007, 08:46 PM
ATL, how long are you going to keep open the GM signups?

I'm holding out for 12. If I can't get that, Friday night would probably be it, with the draft ready for the weekend.

ATLDirtyBirds
MoS your 4 points over.

And some age too, but I think he's got it guys. lol.

'cuse-213
*GMs... check page one for the GM list. Let me know if I missed you*

yup, you missed me. Syracuse Rush.

'cuse-213
10-17-2007, 08:47 PM
And some age too, but I think he's got it guys. lol.

lol I was kidding.

ATLDirtyBirds
yup, you missed me. Syracuse Rush.

Wow, I completely missed you, because I don't even remember your post at all.

Man_Of_Steel
Whats the deal with age?

Fixing ratings.

RoyHall#1
10-17-2007, 08:48 PM
Dude, Man of Steel has 474 points total when it's supposed to be, like, 470. WTF?

adschofield
10-17-2007, 08:48 PM
Whats the deal with age?

Fixing ratings.

It has to equal 130...LOL, I think every single person told him

'cuse-213
10-17-2007, 08:49 PM
Syracuse Rush

Offense- Power Run
Defense- 4-3

Superstars

Position/Player Name/Jersey #: QB / Tim Moran/ #10
Brief Description: Decent speed, Strong arm/velocity, solid accuracy.
Comparison: Tom Brady

Position/Player Name/Jersey #: RB / Chase Carr / #20
Height: 5'11''
Brief Description: Extremely fast, Extremely powerful. Below average hands.
Comparison: LT

Position/Player Name/Jersey #: WR / Casey Ran / #80
Height: 6'4''
Brief Description:Good routes, great hands. Above average speed, very aware.
Comparison: Roy Williams

Position/Player Name/Jersey #: MLB / Carter Mack / #51
Brief Description: VERY fast/accel. Never misses a tackle. Can get tied up between blockers.
Comparison: Jonathan Vilma

Position/Player Name/Jersey #: SS / Mike Connors / #30
Height: 6'1''
Brief Description: Fierce Hitter, good speed. Very aware. Good agility. High acceleration.
Comparison: Brian Dawkins

Repost. dsgsdf

ATLDirtyBirds
10-17-2007, 08:49 PM
Whats the deal with age?

Fixing ratings.

Has to be equal to 130. I think you are off by like 3. It's just to prevent people from having a super young core.

'cuse-213
10-17-2007, 08:50 PM
Whats the deal with age?

Fixing ratings.

Your 4 points over.

RoyHall#1
10-17-2007, 08:50 PM
lol I was kidding.

Yeah, I think I started the joke by telling him for the eighth time, but I could be wrong... my last attempt was too late.

Man_Of_Steel
10-17-2007, 08:51 PM
Alright both the ratings and age have been corrected.

'cuse-213
10-17-2007, 08:52 PM
Yeah, I think I started the joke by telling him for the eighth time, but I could be wrong... my last attempt was too late.

lol I think I killed it with my last post.

RoyHall#1
10-17-2007, 08:56 PM
lol I think I killed it with my last post.

Well, he had already fixed it. Had he signed off for a couple hours we could've kept it going and I could have got to 3,000 posts. Damnit.

Btw, MoS fixed his ratings. It used to be at 474, but now it's at 470 where it's supposed to be.

'cuse-213
10-17-2007, 08:58 PM
Well, he had already fixed it. Had he signed off for a couple hours we could've kept it going and I could have got to 3,000 posts. Damnit.

Btw, MoS fixed his ratings. It used to be at 474, but now it's at 470 where it's supposed to be.

I just gave you rep, and put gagaa instead of hahaa. Just thought I would warn you.

ATLDirtyBirds
10-17-2007, 08:58 PM
mos, can you just add in what your qbs speed is like. thanks.

'cuse-213
10-17-2007, 09:00 PM

Am I all set?

RoyHall#1
10-17-2007, 09:03 PM
I just gave you rep, and put gagaa instead of hahaa. Just thought I would warn you.

I've got to spread it around before I can give it to you. And I tried to give it to you before you repped me btw, just saying I don'y give "payback" rep. Damn you and your 6 points of rep, I'm still 2 off from my next green bar. The suspense is killing me.

Btw, MoS, can you post what your QB's speed is like?

Man_Of_Steel
10-17-2007, 09:03 PM

Done, I also added a bottom line.

jballa838
10-17-2007, 09:45 PM
can i sign up to be a player yet?

adschofield
10-17-2007, 10:15 PM

Sure

BTW, MoS can you post the speed of your QB...thanks

scar988
10-17-2007, 10:18 PM

yeah man, sign ups are still goin on.

jballa838
10-17-2007, 11:03 PM
Name: Deion "Primetime" Prime
School: Ohio
Height: 6'0"
Weight: 218
Scouting Report-
Positive- Physical Freak, can go one on one with any man in the league, terrific hands, excellent int returner, ball hawk, can cover space well, excellent hops, adequate bump on line.
Negative- Tackling is a huge issue, as is run coverage. Massive Ego and rarely delivers a big hit. Been known to win, but losing can change everything with him. Okay in a cover 3 but really is better suited for man and not cover 2. Awareness isnt up to par. Durability isnt a concern, but stamina is only average.
Comparison: Deion in coverage, but can't tackle.
Predicted 40: 4.31
Predicted Bench: 22 at 225

ATLDirtyBirds
10-18-2007, 04:53 AM

Yeah guys, player signups are still open to all. It's just that you might need to change your player around. jballa you should be good though, because CB will be a position of need.

Turtlepower
10-18-2007, 11:38 AM
Ok guys, I'm here:

Name: Lebron James
College: Arizona State
Height: 6'8
Weight: 260 lbs
Main Strength: I was a standout basketball player in college. I played power forward and suffered no injuries (knock on wood). As it is noticed from my height, I am especially tall for a TE, which allows me to be mismatched against smaller LBs. As a college ball player, I have very good vertical ability and would be very good jump ball threat in the endzone. I was a very good student in college posting a 3.2 GPA and majoring in Journalism and Mass Communication.

Main Weakness: I am a raw blocker. I played mostly WR in high school, so the transition over to TE in college was tough to learn how to propoerly block against blitzing LBs. I am a little older than most players at my position because I was devoted to my team and hoped that my contributing to them would lead to a BCS game (unfortuantely not). Even though I have a quick 40 time, I have been known to be slow off the line.
Predicted 40: 4.43
Predicted Bench: 295 lbs
Predicted Squat: 500 lbs
Awards: Mackey Award Winner, 2-time PAC-10 1st team selection and 1-time All-American 1st team.
Records: Hold ASU record in TD receptions with 50.

UKfan
10-18-2007, 01:09 PM
Name: Antonio "Minotauro" Vera
Position: NT
College: Oklahoma State
Weight: 340 lbs
Main Strength: Strong as an ox and is never pushed backwards, can often take on 2 or 3 blockers and still maintain his ground. Also led the college ranks in tackles for losses and is an extremely sure tackler due to his excellence when it came to shedding blockers. Plays through injuries and has a very high motor when on the field.

Main Weakness: Due to his immense size and strength he lacks some closing speed on the QB and as a result does not register as many sacks as he perhaps should. A quiet guy on and off the field and not someone who is going to provide leadership to the team if that is required.

Predicted Bench: 450 lbs
Predicted Squat: 615 lbs
40 time: 5.25
Awards: Outland Trophy winner, 3 time all american
Records: First defensive lineman to lead the team in tackles two consecutive seasons and recorded 329 tackles (177 solos) to rank 11th on the school's all-time list.

Eaglez.Fan
10-18-2007, 02:17 PM
CB's will be drafted early. Make one!

JETS5128
10-18-2007, 03:23 PM
Before i make my guy, what are the main positions of need?

TimD
10-18-2007, 03:36 PM
Before i make my guy, what are the main positions of need?

CB's will be drafted early. Make one!

there ya go

ATLDirtyBirds
10-18-2007, 03:50 PM
Alright guys, little decision time...

1. We start with the games ASAP, more than likely early next week.

2. We wait 2-3 weeks for my football season to end, and I will have more time.

3. Same as 2, but we gague how the WFFL is going. If it's dying or dead, we get extra members, if it's going good, we hold off.

4. Wait on WFFL no matter what.

I'd like to hear what people think. Thanks.

scottyboy
10-18-2007, 03:56 PM
in order, 4,3,2,............................................ .................................................. .......1

scar988
10-18-2007, 03:58 PM
order of

wiscbadgerfootball
10-18-2007, 03:59 PM
1234 in order

Eaglez.Fan
10-18-2007, 04:05 PM
1234 in order. We should do the season during the WFFL season, so after that just incase it dies those people will join this. And if it doesn't die then we just wasted a bunch of time waiting for it to.

TimD
10-18-2007, 04:06 PM

NYGibril28
10-18-2007, 04:10 PM
1 and 2 should be the only options. You can't be told what to do on an internet forum.

UKfan
10-18-2007, 04:19 PM
I'd go with 1 I guess, both should be able to carry on

JETS5128
10-18-2007, 04:43 PM
Name: Marcus Henderson
School: Ball State
Height: 6'1"
Scouting Report-
Strengths- An absolute freak, combines great size with great speed and great strength. Definition of a shutdown corner, there's no reason to even look at his side of the field. Just give him a name and he'll shut him down. Good hands, makes the interceptions he should. Very strong and is very good at jamming recievers at the line. Good tackler.
Weakness- Lacks elite agility. Can hit hard but doesn't always wrap-up. Struggles playing deep zones due to below average awareness. Ineffective on blitzes, but why would you blitz him when he covers so well?
Comparison: Deangelo Hall
Predicted 40: 4.34
Predicted Bench: 26 at 225

adschofield
10-18-2007, 05:05 PM
1234 in that order

SuperKevin
10-18-2007, 06:22 PM
I've updated the player list to what we have so far and added position breakdowns for User and superstar players

SuperKevin
10-18-2007, 06:23 PM
1234 in that order

1,2,3,4 Tell Me That You Love Me More

Sorry I have that song by Feist in my head

trkaline
10-18-2007, 06:41 PM
Name: Eddy "Stickup Kid" Bladez
Position: FS/SS
College: Miami U
40 Time: 4.25
Description: Has hands like a reciever, Hits hard, and plays even harder.
Hes a Ballhawk who takes what he wants don't throw his way,
Unless you want to be the defender. Sometimes he tries so
hard to make the big play he gives one up.

Comparison: Ed Reed

ATLDirtyBirds
10-18-2007, 07:29 PM
My biggest gripe about starting right away, would have to be; that if I bang out say 4-5 games in the first week. Will this lose interest if I only get up a game or two for each team for the 2 weeks I still have football? After that I will have time, but until then.. just let me know...

fenikz
10-18-2007, 07:30 PM
I don't really think people are expecting you to pump out 4-5 games a week, 2 is perfectly fine IMO

SuperKevin
10-18-2007, 07:31 PM
My biggest gripe about starting right away, would have to be; that if I bang out say 4-5 games in the first week. Will this lose interest if I only get up a game or two for each team for the 2 weeks I still have football? After that I will have time, but until then.. just let me know...

I don't think you could start it that soon anyway because there are still plenty of needs and people that want to sign up. I'd say allow signups to go for another week or so then do a draft and all the GM stuff. Then start the games when football is over