PDA

View Full Version : Pennington Trade Offers

TimD
10-16-2007, 10:37 PM
I figured since this involves multiple teams and their QB problems as well as the Jets I'd post it in here.

Basically it says that the Jets have received multiple offers for Pennington, but Mangini won't deal him even though we have 4 QBs on roster and playing Pennington is hurting our future.

It's still Chad Pennington's team, but he's on notice.

NO DEAL: With the league trading deadline today, there are wild rumors about Pennington being dealt. It's believed the Jets have received inquiries from quarterback-needy teams, but he's not going anywhere. "Ludicrous," Mangini said of the speculation. ... Jets caught a bad break on Donovan McNabb's 75-yard TD pass to Kevin Curtis, the only touchdown in Sunday's 16-9 loss to the Eagles. A replay clearly shows the ball wasn't snapped until the play clock had expired.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/2007/10/16/2007-10-16_eric_mangini_puts_chad_pennington_on_not.html

Smooth Criminal
10-16-2007, 10:53 PM
Btw, jets won't draft Woodson with Clemens on the roster still. They'll give last years 2nd rounder a real shot at starting next season full time before deciding if he can cut it or not.

neko4
10-16-2007, 10:55 PM
Startem(clemons) now, the season doesnt look that promising anyway. And while i do like chad his injury history is concerning

zoinks
10-16-2007, 10:59 PM
Btw, jets won't draft Woodson with Clemens on the roster still. They'll give last years 2nd rounder a real shot at starting next season full time before deciding if he can cut it or not.

You mean, they might have to settle for someone like Darren McFadden?

Pity.

BroadwayJoe10
10-16-2007, 11:20 PM
You mean, they might have to settle for someone like Darren McFadden?

Pity.

that having been said; what is the general concensus of everyone here? If there are clearly other glaring needs on ur team such as LG, RT, NT, DE is Dmac that great of a prospect that you take him if you can't trade down? (ie. i would never take an OG in the first round, RT can be gotten later due to the depth in this draft, there is no clear elite NT in this draft this high. The only pick i can see is a top flight DE who can play the 3-4) If it was your time, would you guys skip over Oline and Dline help in order to snag McFadden?

TimD
10-17-2007, 06:08 AM
what we're looking at is another draft where the Jets don't get someone that is a threat the score on any given play.... Sure they have Clemens but if they don't play him then how will we know if its worth NOT drafting someone like Woodson or Ryan... If Chad is on next year's roster I may have to become a temporary fan of another team... jk

ks_perfection
10-17-2007, 09:17 PM
The only reason to keep starting Pennington is if Mangini thought his job was at risk and a couple more wins could save him. But thats obviously not the case here.

Gribble
10-17-2007, 09:29 PM
Wouldn't the Vikings be the perfect team for Chad to end up on? Conservative WCO where big plays come out of the running game and the job of the QB is to minimize mistakes...

Matthew Jones
10-17-2007, 09:41 PM
I could see Chad ending up back on the Chiefs with Herm Edwards in his vanilla, ball-control offense.

Geo
10-17-2007, 10:18 PM
Guess the Jets had to turn down all of those "multiple offers" then.

It took the Redskins too long to get it through their thick skulls to finally start the Jason Campbell era last year, and it's the same case this year with the Jets. They should have already made the move to Clemens.