PDA

View Full Version : Okoye or Dorsey

ATLDirtyBirds
10-17-2007, 10:48 AM
Reading Scott's mock, saying they would have challenged each other last year made me wonder. Who would you take?

Turtlepower
10-17-2007, 10:52 AM
Reading Scott's mock, saying they would have challenged each other last year made me wonder. Who would you take?

At the time of the draft, Dorsey without a doubt. Even though Okoye's age is intriguing, Dorsey's skillset is unreal for a player his size. But after seeing Okoye play so far this year, I would have to go with him over Dorsey. Hindsight is 20/20.

fenikz
10-17-2007, 11:05 AM
At the time last year I would of taken Okoye but if your saying if they came out at the same time with Dorsey having played this year I would take him.

oldLibid21
10-17-2007, 11:11 AM
Okoye is still a prospect, and it amazes me how he's so good at that age, but then again, Dorsey amazes me how he's so good with that size of his. I'd just choose Okoye in a close one only because he's got more potential to be more than Dorsey with his unbelievable youth and the fact that he gets the grasp of defenses so quickly just like that.

vatech=accdomination
10-17-2007, 11:57 AM
Dorsey no doubt, people were all over Okoye because he was 20 years old, he never impressed me in college.

Freddy G
10-17-2007, 12:16 PM
Is this really a question? Dorsey FTW!

Then again, i was exceptionally low on Okoye as a prospect. I didn't think he was worth a top 20 pick, much less top 10. However, i am not convinced Dorsey is a top 5 pick, but the top of this draft is rather week, so i could see it.

Moses
10-17-2007, 12:34 PM
Okoye had an amazing Senior Bowl which is why he was so highly touted. Dorsey wouldn't have been in the Senior Bowl which I think would have left him at a disadvantage because a lot more was unknown about him. Okoye earned himself millions of dollar during Senior Bowl week with his outstanding play and attitude.

Turtlepower
10-17-2007, 12:34 PM
Is this really a question? Dorsey FTW!

Then again, i was exceptionally low on Okoye as a prospect. I didn't think he was worth a top 20 pick, much less top 10. However, i am not convinced Dorsey is a top 5 pick, but the top of this draft is rather week, so i could see it.

But have you seen Okoye play this year. He is playing like a man possessed.

Freddy G
10-17-2007, 01:17 PM
But have you seen Okoye play this year. He is playing like a man possessed.

Indeed, hence why i said "then again"....meaning, i was wrong before (at least so far) and could be again. I'll be honest, i am not real knowlegable on Tampa 2 style defenders.

The 3-4 is pretty much all i have been exposed to and "scouted" (from my couch) for.

theogt
10-17-2007, 01:26 PM
Coming out of college, I'd have to say Dorsey hands down.

But Okoye has surprised the hell out of me with his play so far this season.

D-Unit
10-17-2007, 01:41 PM
Dorsey by far and my crystal ball says it will be funny that this comparison even existed.

10-17-2007, 01:43 PM
no other DT as disruptive rushing the passer in the last decade as dorsey...easy choice really

Finsfan79
10-17-2007, 02:04 PM
I wish the Fins had taken Okoye last year like wanted, and Dorsey this year, then switch to the 4-3 and have the 2 best DT's in the league (perhaps besides jacksonville). They would be sick for the next decade together.

toonsterwu
10-17-2007, 02:30 PM
Who would I take - Dorsey.

Who would have the better value - I think this is more of a toss-up than most would like to think. The upside was with Okoye for a variety of factors, but Dorsey has a higher floor.

Man_Of_Steel
10-17-2007, 03:39 PM
Dorsey, Okoye is all potential but Dorsey already plays at a high level and ca still improve.

Addict
10-17-2007, 03:58 PM
I'd take Dorsey, although Okoye is scary good as well.

MaddHatter
10-17-2007, 04:24 PM
Dorsey - and it's not even close

Staubach12
10-17-2007, 05:32 PM
Dorsey is a freak. One of the best DT prospects in decades.

Paranoidmoonduck
10-17-2007, 05:32 PM
Last year, they probably would have been close. Dorsey may have caused Okoye to slip a few spots, but I don't think he would have been considered that much greater a prospect. However, I think the 2008 draft profile of Dorsey is going to blow the 2007 draft profile of Okoye out of the water.

energizerbunny
10-17-2007, 07:10 PM
Dorsey, Okoye is all potential but Dorsey already plays at a high level and ca still improve.

Have you seen Okoye play this year?

Dorsey gets way to much props IMO, i've seen three of his games this year and he really seems to get shut down by average or less lineman, and totally disapear from games at times however, you can probaly say that for about 75% of Dlineman.

I just don't see this super once in a decade type talent everyone is raving about. What sets Dorsey apart from these other penetrating tackle types as a prospect such as a Damione Lewis?

yo123
10-17-2007, 07:14 PM
Both are great, but Dorsey is more of a freak athletically and is a complete player.

draftguru151
10-17-2007, 07:17 PM
Last year, Dorsey but it would have been relatively close, Dorsey this year compared to Okoye last year, Dorsey in a blow out.

DChess
10-17-2007, 07:19 PM
dorsey, one of the best pass rushing DT's in a while

BDG
10-17-2007, 07:51 PM
Have you seen Okoye play this year?

Dorsey gets way to much props IMO, i've seen three of his games this year and he really seems to get shut down by average or less lineman, and totally disapear from games at times however, you can probaly say that for about 75% of Dlineman.

I just don't see this super once in a decade type talent everyone is raving about. What sets Dorsey apart from these other penetrating tackle types as a prospect such as a Damione Lewis?

Ding, Ding, Ding.

I don't get it either. I don't see it.

Florida ran right at him and got yards, he didn't get anywhere near Woodson.

Q:The difference? A:The Hype

P-L
10-17-2007, 08:39 PM
Dorsey is the best DT I've seen since Gerard Warren, and I'm not sure I wouldn't rank him ahead of Warren. I was a huge Tommie Harris fan too...

jbeans187
10-18-2007, 03:06 AM
Dorsey is the best DT I've seen since Gerard Warren, and I'm not sure I wouldn't rank him ahead of Warren. I was a huge Tommie Harris fan too...

Good Call, Dorsey is the best DT prospect since Harris. Its unfair to talk about how good Akoye is doing in the NFL, give Dorsey a chance

Gchu83
10-18-2007, 03:53 PM
Dorsey by far and my crystal ball says it will be funny that this comparison even existed.

Have you seen Okoye this season in the NFL? He has played extremely well and to do what he has done at age 20 and 6 games into his career is almost unbelievable. Okoye has barely scratched the surface of his potential IMO, it's kinda scary to see what type of player he'll be at 23 and when he is already going into his 3rd season.

Wolf123
10-20-2007, 06:30 PM
You can't say its unfair to count what he's done in the nfl. The nfl is the best and Okoye is dominateing them. Okoye has to be mentioned as the best until dorsey actualy get into the nfl and dominates.

DChess
10-20-2007, 08:12 PM
Good Call, Dorsey is the best DT prospect since Harris. Its unfair to talk about how good Akoye is doing in the NFL, give Dorsey a chance

hes a better prospect than harris. he wasnt even the first DT taken in the draft. he wasnt even a top 10 pick. barley a top 15. just because he is doing well in the nfl doesnt mean he was the best prospect. so no dorsey is a much better prospect. theres at least 5 more dt's that were better prospects than harris.

cowboysforever
10-20-2007, 11:12 PM
Dre Moore >>>> Dorsey.

WMD
10-21-2007, 01:23 AM
Glenn Dorsey is someone I would classify as "Da Beast"

DChess
10-21-2007, 01:24 AM
Glenn Dorsey is someone I would classify as "Da Beast"

your mom on a couple beers could fall under that category, you should see the scratches on my back from last night.

geaux tigers
10-21-2007, 04:17 PM
Dorsey man-handles Auburns OL Ramsey.. shows how powerful Dorsey is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-LkCvNK2iM&NR=1

Here Dosey gets chop blocked by the same guy. Talk about a relief to see Dorsey being able to get up from this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqiLlOybz9s

P-L
10-21-2007, 04:27 PM
Dorsey man-handles Auburns OL Ramsey.. shows how powerful Dorsey is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-LkCvNK2iM&NR=1

That play was ridiculous.

scottyboy
10-21-2007, 04:33 PM
Eric Foster.

oh and Dorsey over Okoye