PDA

View Full Version : Most Overrated and Underrated players in the draft?

ljaxson
10-17-2007, 08:00 PM
Who are the most Overrated and Underrated players of the draft?

Over:
1.Chad Henne
2.Tommy Blake
3.Bruce Davis

Under:
1.Yvenson Bernard
2.Lionel Dotson
3.Jacob Hester

SeanTaylorRIP
10-17-2007, 08:13 PM
Over:
Desean Jackson-Still 100x better than Ted Ginn though
Reggie Smith
Colt Brennan
Early Doucet

Under:
Justin King
Sedrick Ellis
Dennis Dixon

scottyboy
10-17-2007, 08:19 PM
Under:
Everyone from Rutgers
Xaiver Adibi
I think even Antoine Cason a bit

yo123
10-17-2007, 08:21 PM
Over:
Desean Jackson-Still 100x better than Ted Ginn though
Reggie Smith
Colt Brennan
Early Doucet

Under:
Justin King
Sedrick Ellis
Dennis Dixon

I agree with a lot of those

Overrated-
Colt Brennan
Andre Woodson
Desean Jackson
Calais Campbell
Sam Baker

Underrated-
Sam Keller
Dennis Dixon
Sed Ellis
J Leman
Dejuan Tribble

D-Unit
10-17-2007, 08:23 PM
Overrated:
1. Early Doucet
2. Steve Slaton
3. Andre Woodson

Underrated:
1. Beau Bell
2. Ben Moffitt
3. Chevis Jackson

Eligible Underclassmen:

Overrated:

1. Kenny Phillips
2. Desean Jackson
3. Michael Oher

Underrated:

1. George Selvie
2. Ciron Black
3. Everette Brown

Green Bay Scat
10-17-2007, 08:33 PM
anyone from vandy is underrated

P-L
10-17-2007, 08:33 PM
Overrated
QB Brian Brohm - Never been a fan. He's a guy who does everything well, but nothing great. Not the kind of guy that can help turn a franchise around like his draft stock would lead one to believe.

LB Dan Connor - Similar to Brohm, a guy who is solid all around, but not spectacular. Many have him as a top 10 or top 15, but I won't be surprised if and when he falls out of the 1st Round, much like Paul Posluszny last year.

DT Frank Okam - This guy has a questionable motor and just hasn't played up to his potential. Barring an unbelievable combine, I'll be shocked if this guy is taken in the first 40 picks come April.

DT Red Bryant - A lot of people are hyping this guy up because of his size, but his size (being too tall?) might not be a good thing. I haven't seen a ton of him, but have never came away impressed.

Underrated
DT Sedrick Ellis - This guy is a monster. Recently he's finally been getting some respect, but he was very underrated coming into the season. Any other year, he'd be the clear #1 DT.

WR D.J. Hall - None of his attributes will blow you away, but he does have solid size (6'3" 190). However, he's got great hands and you can't deny his production. Almost 1700 yards and 8 TD in a season and a half playing on a run first team against SEC competition.

QB Chad Henne - He's one of those guys that is so overrated, that he's actually underrated. He's not the kind of QB who will win you games by himself, but he's got a good arm and will limit his mistakes (1 INT every 40 attempts).

LB J Leman - He doesn't have ideal size or speed, but all he does is rack up tackles. The guy is always around the ball carrier and is already looks like he will hold the title of best Big Ten LB for the second year in a row (sorry Laurinaitis).

Tampa 2 4 life
10-17-2007, 08:55 PM
Overrated:
Brennan
Glenn Dorsey
Desean Jackson

Underrated:
Ben Moffit
The Rutgers OTs
Tashard Choice

San Diego Chicken
10-17-2007, 09:08 PM
Underrated/overrated by fans, or draft analysts? Because at this point alot of lists haven't come out yet because many scouts are still in their evaluation period.

HoopsDemon12
10-17-2007, 09:13 PM
Overated:
Deasean Jackson
Brian Brohm
Antoine Cason

Underated:
Ben Moffit
J Lehman
Adarious Bowman

wiscbadgerfootball
10-17-2007, 09:58 PM
Overrated: Antoine Cason (at least by Packer fans)

Scotty D
10-17-2007, 10:11 PM
Overrated
Desean Jackson - I think he can be a valuable player but everyone is looking for the next player with Hester impact, and I'm not sure if Desean is that guy.

Frank Okam - well documented

Underrated

Mike Hart - overuse is being made to much of an issue. He is not going to be asked to carry the full load where ever he is drafted.

Cherilous - I watched him manhandle Notre Dame this weekend. It was really quite amusing. He's already a very high pick to most people but I like him a lot.

Dixon - old criticisms are being broken

draftguru151
10-17-2007, 10:24 PM
Overrated:
Phil Loadholt- At least at this point. Definitely has the potential but I think a lot of the talk about him is very premature.
DeJuan Tribble- Definitely has good ball skills and supports the run but he isn't nearly as good in coverage as some say.
Steve Slaton- Right now I think he's the 7th best junior RB and most have him a lot higher than that.
Others- Calais Campbell, Kenny Phillips, Brian Brohm, J Leman, Frank Okam.

Underrated:
Kentwan Balmer- Other than Kiper I haven't seen anyone mention him. Kiper has him in his top 25 right now and for good reason. He is a fantastic player, 4th at DT for me right now and pushing for the #3 spot.
Tony Hills Jr- I wasn't liking what I saw from him at the beginning of the year but now he is definitely looking like a legit LT and if Baker doesn't pick up his play Hills might be a top 2 senior OT IMO.
Malcolm Kelly- Looking like a legit top 10 pick if he comes out. Great size and very athletic, can get down field, giving Jackson a run for his money at the #1 WR spot.
Others- Sedrick Ellis, Justin King, Earl Bennett, Fred Davis, Jonal Saint-Dic.

M.O.T.H.
10-17-2007, 10:38 PM
overrated:

Andre Woodson
Antoine Cason
Desean Jackson
Calais Campbell

underrated:

Dennis Dixon
Erik Ainge
Cory Boyd
Brian Brohm (on these boards, he's not even in most 1st round mocks)

draftguru151
10-17-2007, 10:41 PM
Ah, how did I forget Mr. Boyd. >_<

Michigan
10-17-2007, 10:46 PM
there is so much henne hate on this site that i don't understand how he could be anything but underrated. he still has the tools to be a good NFL qb.

Sniper
10-17-2007, 10:51 PM
Overrated

Matt Ryan- Really hasn't done all that much to be so highly rated. He hasn't beaten anyone good, I don't know I just don't see it.
DeSean Jackson 4 catches for 5 yards? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? No elite wideout does that.
James Laurinaitis Overpursues frequently, can't shed a block. I don't want to make him out to be a bad player, because he's very good, but his flaws get overlooked too easily.
Colt Brennan Not a good QB. If anyone else threw 9 picks in 2 games they'd get killed on this site, yet everyone seems to overlook everything.

Underrated

Mike Hart Surprise, surprise! Never fumbles, great pass blocker, amazing vision, great balance, never ever gives up.
Dan Connor Does everything very well, nothing out of this world. Not much upside per se, but you know you're going to get a very consistent player with a great motor.
J Leman Slow as dirt 40 time, but I don't give a ****. Leman makes plays, tackles everything etc..
Earl Bennett SEC's best wideout and possibly the best wideout in the country gets NO love. Excellent route runner, willing blocker, great hands, on pace to shatter SEC WR records.

Sniper
10-17-2007, 10:51 PM
there is so much henne hate on this site that i don't understand how he could be anything but underrated. he still has the tools to be a good NFL qb.

Yeah Henne takes a beating on here. He's not that bad. Great arm, can make every throw. Some of his decisions aren't the best, but man NFLDC makes him sound worse than Morelli.

foozball
10-17-2007, 11:02 PM
cory boyd- size at 6'1 215-220lbs, excellent hands out of the backfield, good combo of power and explosiveness. hopefully he runs better than the 4.55 scott has him listed as.

PTPaQ
10-17-2007, 11:28 PM
I'm not into the full swing yet so I'm not up on all of the stocks 100% yet, but some players I feel are underated ATM are Eric Ainge, Dwight Lowery, Simeon Castille, maybe Antoine Cason could get a little more respect.

neko4
10-17-2007, 11:41 PM
I dont see where Colt gets overatted, outside of me, D-Unit and maybe a couple other people are high on him. Everyone else tags him w/ being a system QB.

I think Cason deserves alot more respect, he isnt as fast as you would like but a 40 time aint everything (see Jerry Rice)

soybean
10-17-2007, 11:44 PM
i don't know how cason has done in his other games but against us he did real well. He shut down who he facing and kept in stride with our fastest receiver and made a blind interception over his shoulder, granted it was against a qb making his first start but pete even said the plan was to throw to the other guy.

D-Unit
10-17-2007, 11:55 PM
I dont see where Colt gets overatted, outside of me, D-Unit and maybe a couple other people are high on him. Everyone else tags him w/ being a system QB.

I think Cason deserves alot more respect, he isnt as fast as you would like but a 40 time aint everything (see Jerry Rice)
Colt's not overrated. It's just that when I say something, word gets around LOUD and FAST. hahahahahaha.

bearsfan_51
10-18-2007, 12:11 AM
It really depends by whom, as everyone has different opinions, at least most people do. In terms of people I think Scott overates, I think he's too high on the Colt and Henne, as he has them listed as fringe 1st rounders.

I give Sam Keller a 2nd day grade.

I agree with DG that Loadholt is getting way too much hype. I agree with D-Unit that Phillips is overrated and can't imagine him being a top 5 pick, and I agree with PL that Sedrick Ellis is slightly underated and could likely be a top 10 pick.

Calais Campbell and Tyson Jackson have both been somewhat underwhelming.

A few players that are a bit under the radar that I like are Donnie Avery, Chris Johnson, Cory Boyd, Titus Brown, and Dwight Lowry.

Giantsfan1080
10-18-2007, 12:29 AM
I think McFadden is the most overrated prospect right now in college.

Jonny
10-18-2007, 04:40 AM
Big East Overrated:

Mario Urrutia - All the Plax/TO drama without the talent.
Steve Slaton - Injury prone, gimmicky offense.
Mike McGlynn - Undersized, injury prone, OG at the next level.
Jeremy Ito - Kickoffs have been awful this year, never was an accurate kicker.
Jameel McClain - Last year was a fluke.
Matt Grothe - Has no position in the NFL.

Big East Underrated:

Harry Douglas - The heart and soul of Louisville.
Danny Lansanah - Best LB in the conference.
Darius Reynaud - Would have a first day grade in a different offense.
Jeff Otah - Good to see him rising on boards.
Kenny Britt - #3 WR in the Sophomore class nationwide. Likely first rounder if he keeps playing at this pace.
Joe Fields - One of the few Cuse guys that is making plays.

aheineken
10-18-2007, 03:38 PM
Overrated:
Kenny Phillips - He's not Sean Taylor or Ed Reed, so quit comparing him to them. He's a good prospect in his own right, but he's not a top 10 pick, IMO.

Frank Okam - I don't know what it is about him, but to me he seems too much like Rodrique Wright.

Underrated:
Mike Hart - All the guy does is everything you want an every down back to do, and all people keep doing is talking about how he's not going to be an every down back because he lacks ideal size.

J Leman - As other people have mentioned, he's been one of the most underrated players in the NCAA for the past few years. He's finally getting a shot in the spotlight, because his team is performing well this year.

BucSappy
10-18-2007, 05:21 PM
Overrated
Sedrick Ellis
Frank Okam
Colt Brennan
Early Doucet
Rafael Little

Underrated
Dre Moore
Earl Bennett
Keenan Burton
DeMarcus Granger

Sniper
10-19-2007, 11:08 AM
Overrated:

How is Leman overrated?

TACKLE
10-19-2007, 11:30 AM
Overrated
Sedrick Ellis
Frank Okam
Colt Brennan
Early Doucet
Rafael Little

Underrated
Dre Moore
Earl Bennett
Keenan Burton
DeMarcus Granger

Have you ever watch him play? He is one of the most dominating defensive players in college football. He is very strong and has a great motor. I don't see how he is overrated at all.

draftguru151
10-19-2007, 01:33 PM
How is Leman overrated?

He's just another guy that racks up a lot of tackles downfield and doesn't make meaningful plays. His instincts are overrated, he struggles with blockers, doesn't have great speed or quickness. Sure he racks up tackles, but a lot of guys do that in college and don't do anything in the NFL. He's a mid day 2 prospect and the reason I have him as overrated is because he's getting the underrated tag so much.

HoopsDemon12
10-19-2007, 01:40 PM
Have you ever watch him play? He is one of the most dominating defensive players in college football. He is very strong and has a great motor. I don't see how he is overrated at all.

true .. if anyhting he doenst get enough love for how good he actually is... dorsey gets all the love and doesnt like to share

PossumBoy9
10-19-2007, 01:57 PM
Considering he gets some #1 overall talk so far, I'd have to say Jake Long is overrated.

BuckNaked
10-19-2007, 02:05 PM
Overrated
Sedrick Ellis
Frank Okam
Colt Brennan
Early Doucet
Rafael Little

Underrated
Dre Moore
Earl Bennett
Keenan Burton
DeMarcus Granger

I personally believe that Burton is overrated, and after watch every Kentucky game this year, I wouldn't want my team selecting him in the second round which is where all of you have him being taken. And this is coming from a Kentucky fan.

scottyboy
10-19-2007, 02:58 PM
under rated: Jeremy Ito- best QB prospect out of this class. Hasnt thrown an incompletion all year. Could also have dual roles as a kicker/punter

ironman4579
10-19-2007, 07:49 PM
under rated: Jeremy Ito- best QB prospect out of this class. Hasnt thrown an incompletion all year. Could also have dual roles as a kicker/punter

I had to give you rep for this just because it seemed like it was so serious. I actually stopped for a second and had to reread it.

gstock05
10-19-2007, 09:25 PM
Underrated:

Anybody in the Ohio State defensive back four.
Mike Hart
Adam Kraus
Jonal Saint-Dic
Javon Ringer
Rashard Mendenhall
Chad Henne
Fred Davis

Overrated:

Brian Brohm (half his throws are to wide open receviers.. hasn't beaten a good defense..)
Aqib Talib
Limas Sweed
Cj Spiller
Vernon Gholston
Sam Keller
Ray Rice
Steve Slaton/Pat White

BucSappy
10-20-2007, 02:25 AM
I personally believe that Burton is overrated, and after watch every Kentucky game this year, I wouldn't want my team selecting him in the second round which is where all of you have him being taken. And this is coming from a Kentucky fan.

He had the flu vs. LSU, and he has been injured for every game pretty much this year, yet he still makes a lot of big catches.

Matthew Jones
10-20-2007, 05:22 AM
Overrated:

Chad Henne, Michigan - Just have not been a big fan, lacks the "it" factor.
Jake Long, Michigan - I still have concerns about his ability to handle speed rushers.
Antoine Cason, Arizona - Not so impressed with his ball skills as most others.

Underrated:

Gosder Cherlius, Boston College - Boston College is terrific at producing excellent OL.

underscore
10-20-2007, 07:38 AM
Under:
Justin King

At this point, I'd be surprised if King goes pro. He's been nursing a separated shoulder all season and has had a very mediocre year.

Bama37228
10-20-2007, 12:01 PM
Colt Brennan big time overrated

BuckNaked
10-20-2007, 12:14 PM
He had the flu vs. LSU, and he has been injured for every game pretty much this year, yet he still makes a lot of big catches.

Most of the year it's been an ankle injury for him, yet he manages to keep dropping balls thrown to him. Steve Johnson is my sleeper prospect.

scottyboy
10-20-2007, 12:17 PM
Most of the year it's been an ankle injury for him, yet he manages to keep dropping balls thrown to him. Steve Johnson is my sleeper prospect.

of course a guy with the last name Johnson is buck's sleeper...

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
10-20-2007, 02:52 PM
Overrated:
Phil Loadholt- At least at this point. Definitely has the potential but I think a lot of the talk about him is very premature.
DeJuan Tribble- Definitely has good ball skills and supports the run but he isn't nearly as good in coverage as some say.
Steve Slaton- Right now I think he's the 7th best junior RB and most have him a lot higher than that.

Underrated:
Kentwan Balmer- Other than Kiper I haven't seen anyone mention him. Kiper has him in his top 25 right now and for good reason. He is a fantastic player, 4th at DT for me right now and pushing for the #3 spot.
Tony Hills Jr- I wasn't liking what I saw from him at the beginning of the year but now he is definitely looking like a legit LT and if Baker doesn't pick up his play Hills might be a top 2 senior OT IMO.
Malcolm Kelly- Looking like a legit top 10 pick if he comes out. Great size and very athletic, can get down field, giving Jackson a run for his money at the #1 WR spot.
Others- Sedrick Ellis, Justin King, Earl Bennett, Fred Davis, Jonal Saint-Dic.

Who said you could voice your opinion? you better wait for my request.

cowboysforever
10-20-2007, 03:12 PM
QB Chad Henne - He's one of those guys that is so overrated, that he's actually underrated.

Huh??????? I don't think he is either Over or Under.

My List

Over-rated
1) Dorsey
2) C Campbell
3) A Woodson

Under-Rated
1) J Stewart
2) A Bowman
3) Mike Jenkins

cowboysforever
10-20-2007, 03:13 PM
J King got killed today. A little concerning no??

Bama37228
10-20-2007, 03:31 PM
D.J. Hall is the best WR in the cuntry

Scotty D
10-20-2007, 03:37 PM
D.J. Hall is the best WR in the cuntry

Your post is hilarious for two reasons.

Bama37228
10-20-2007, 04:38 PM

I'm right lawls

smittyjs
10-20-2007, 11:39 PM

My List

Over-rated
1) Dorsey
2) C Campbell
3) A Woodson

Under-Rated
1) J Stewart
2) A Bowman
3) Mike JenkinsGlen Dorsey??? He is the LSU Defense!!!!!, i reallu don't agree on that.

Zyro_1014
10-21-2007, 09:54 PM

My List

Over-rated
1) Dorsey
2) C Campbell
3) A Woodson

Under-Rated
1) J Stewart
2) A Bowman
3) Mike Jenkins

I really dont get how ppl think Woodsen is overrated. he went toe to toe with Brohm and beat him. He beat LSU which some say is the best defense in the country. Throws a great ball, great arm and makes good decisions. whats overrated about him?

Glen Dorsey? not really overrated, he's not getting his stats but thats because hes double teamed almost everytime but hes a force in the middle. but being a USC fan i believe that Sedrick Ellis needs a little more respect.

jbeans187
10-22-2007, 01:57 AM
I agree with a lot of those

Overrated-
Colt Brennan
Andre Woodson
Desean Jackson
Calais Campbell
Sam Baker

Underrated-
Sam Keller
Dennis Dixon
Sed Ellis
J Leman
Dejuan Tribble

Sam Keller!?!?!?! He is awful, full of character concerns, terrible leadership, and his mechanics have fallen apart. You must be thinking of Sam Kellar of when he was a soph/junior at ASU. If not u must not have seen a nebraska game this year.

Sniper
10-22-2007, 09:55 AM
Glen Dorsey? not really overrated, he's not getting his stats but thats because hes double teamed almost everytime but hes a force in the middle. but being a USC fan i believe that Sedrick Ellis needs a little more respect.

Sed Ellis is a beast.

Sniper
10-22-2007, 09:56 AM

Hahahaha yes it is.

Bama, D.J Hall isn't even the best WR in the SEC, let alone the country.

constant cough
10-22-2007, 02:49 PM
There's nothing overrated about Early. It's not his fault he was hurt for 5 weeks. Still even after missing 5 weeks he had 7 catches for 93 yards against Auburn. Seems every year LSU players have haters. Last year Russell, the year before that Addai.

wvfan14
10-22-2007, 07:00 PM
Slaton overrated? Hell, he isn't even on the Heisman watchlist anymore. Nobody is really talking about him after he had a bad game against USF.

His season hasn't been 1,700 yard-like like last year, but it has still been solid. He has had trouble with the offensive line (young and departure of Trickett has made holes open slower and stay open shorter) and he's being keyed on every game. Look at WMU, they put everyone in the box on him. Rich Rod has also been saving him for later in the season (ala Syracuse game), where I bet you money he will finish very strong.

He's not going pro though. If he does, he's stupid. He can build his stock tons by staying next year.

Sniper
10-22-2007, 07:23 PM
Slaton is still overrated, mentioned as a first round possibility. Great wheels, poor inside runner, pass blocker. Durability/toughness questions.

GB12
10-22-2007, 07:48 PM
Overrated: Antoine Cason (at least by Packer fans)
Agreed. I hate how a large number of Packer fans have locked on to him.

rockio42
10-23-2007, 10:58 AM
underrated: King Dunlap; Sed Ellis; and Jon Stewart

overated: Brian Brohm; Antoine Cason; and Sam Baker

duckseason
10-23-2007, 04:19 PM
It's strange to see people talking about Stewart being underrated. Seems like just yesterday the consensus around here was that he's vastly overrated. I can't wait to see what he's able to do with a full day's work against SC this Saturday. Although the loss of Johnson is huge for our team, I think it may end up benefiting Stewart's reputation greatly. Crenshaw is a solid option who will see some time, but his role won't approach what Johnson's was.

wvfan14
10-29-2007, 07:27 PM
Slaton is still overrated, mentioned as a first round possibility. Great wheels, poor inside runner, pass blocker. Durability/toughness questions.

Poor inside runner? Refer to 0:32 in this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3Grf2XJKPg) as a freshman during the Sugar Bowl. He has also made other runs like this.

Now I can understand when you say "poor inside runner" as in a power back on the goal line for example, but of course you wouldn't use him like that. You would, if you knew how to use him properly, pitch it out to him or something to the outside. I still believe he could push in from a yard out alot of times as well.

Pass blocker? I have no real evidence against this or for this.

Toughness questions? Doesn't every back have that. Questions about Adrian Peterson's toughness, and now look at him. Slaton has been injured one time majorly with his wrist injury, which he played with for a season and a half before having surgery.

I just don't see how he can be overrated after a season where his o-line's blocking ability decreased, he has been sharing carries with two other freshman, and has been running harder to prepare for the NFL. It's not like he can't run like he did last year (ala Rutgers). (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVz-6t0HzKo)

Sniper
10-29-2007, 07:50 PM
Poor inside runner? Refer to 0:32 in this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3Grf2XJKPg) as a freshman during the Sugar Bowl. He has also made other runs like this.

Awesome. One play in three years, very impressive. Mike Hart's broken off some big runs with his speed. Does that make him a fast running back?

SeanTaylorRIP
10-29-2007, 08:21 PM
I think Justin King will be a stud in the pros and is mentioned at highest a late first rounder around here.

OhioState
10-29-2007, 08:40 PM
I think Justin King will be a stud in the pros and is mentioned at highest a late first rounder around here.

have you seen his last two games? James Hardy and Brian Robiskie dominated him

Sniper
10-29-2007, 10:30 PM
have you seen his last two games? James Hardy and Brian Robiskie dominated him

They did, but in all fairness to King, PSU's DC had them in soft zone a good chunk of the IU and OSU games. King is an awful zone CB. His talents are best suited for an aggressive, blitzing team which allows him to utilize his man to man coverage skills.

ironman4579
10-30-2007, 04:50 AM

Now I can understand when you say "poor inside runner" as in a power back on the goal line for example, but of course you wouldn't use him like that. You would, if you knew how to use him properly, pitch it out to him or something to the outside. I still believe he could push in from a yard out alot of times as well.

Pass blocker? I have no real evidence against this or for this.

Toughness questions? Doesn't every back have that. Questions about Adrian Peterson's toughness, and now look at him. Slaton has been injured one time majorly with his wrist injury, which he played with for a season and a half before having surgery.

I just don't see how he can be overrated after a season where his o-line's blocking ability decreased, he has been sharing carries with two other freshman, and has been running harder to prepare for the NFL. It's not like he can't run like he did last year (ala Rutgers). (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVz-6t0HzKo)

I wouldn't say the :32 second mark really helps your case that he's a decent inside runner when he wasn't touched on the entire play.

Travis 24
10-30-2007, 02:30 PM
Underrated = Ray Rice.

People assume because he's 5'9" 205 lbs, he must be exactly like every other RB that is close to that size...everyone seems to underestimate how great of a blocker he is, how hard he is to bring down, the kind of running style he has...the guy is an ox. He's a much, much better player/prospect than people want to believe..

wvfan14
10-30-2007, 03:29 PM
Awesome. One play in three years, very impressive. Mike Hart's broken off some big runs with his speed. Does that make him a fast running back?

Reading is a skill. I said it was an example. Sorry I can't post every single run like that he's ever had.

I wouldn't say the :32 second mark really helps your case that he's a decent inside runner when he wasn't touched on the entire play.

Well try and watch him sometime and it wouldn't matter.

CARDIAC CAT 7
10-30-2007, 04:13 PM
Wow, I had no idea how many people hate Andre Woodson, hes clearly the best QB so if hes so bad how bad is this QB Class??? Not a negative type of guy so lets hype the positive

ALL UNDERRATED TEAM:
QB - Alex Brink , Washington State
RB - Rafael Little , Kentucky
FB/RB - Jehuu Caulcrick , Michigan State
WR - Lavelle Hawkins , CAL
WR - Darius Reynaud , West Virginia
TE/WR - Marcel Reece , Washington
LT - Jeff Otah , Pittsburgh
LG - Drew Radovich , USC
C - Robbie Powell , Purdue
RG - Martin O'Donnell , Illinois
RT - Akim Millington , Illinois
DE - Wallace Gilberry , Alabama
DT - James McClinton , Kansas
NT - Nick Hayden , Wisconsin
LB/DE - Titus Brown , Mississippi State
LB/DE - Hilee Taylor , North Carolina
LB - Bo Ruud , Nebraska
LB - Danny Lansanah , UCONN
CB - Charles Godfrey , Iowa
CB - Justin Tryon , Arizona State
FS- Quinton Demps , UTEP
SS - Pig Brown , Missouri

wvfan14
10-30-2007, 05:16 PM
Wow, I had no idea how many people hate Andre Woodson, hes clearly the best QB so if hes so bad how bad is this QB Class??? Not a negative type of guy so lets hype the positive

ALL UNDERRATED TEAM:
LG - Drew Radovich , USC
LB - Bo Ruud , Nebraska
FS- Quinton Demps , UTEP

Thanks for the love to Reynaud. And I agree that Rafael Little is underrated.

ironman4579
10-30-2007, 07:26 PM
Reading is a skill. I said it was an example. Sorry I can't post every single run like that he's ever had.

Well try and watch him sometime and it wouldn't matter.

I've watched him quite a few times, and he's not a good inside runner. running between the tackles and gaining good yardage when no one gets near you for the first 5 yards isn't being a good inside runner. Breaking runs up the gut untouched is not being a good inside runner. And the point was, that video did not show good inside running on his part.

PACKmanN
10-30-2007, 08:12 PM

ALL UNDERRATED TEAM:
LG - Drew Radovich , USC
LB - Bo Ruud , Nebraska
FS- Quinton Demps , UTEP
put Bobbie Williams on that list as FS, he is more underrated here then Demps.

here mine

QB- Joe Falcco, Delaware
RB- Allen Patrick, Oklahoma ???
FB- Jehuu Caulcrick, Michigan State
WR- Edward Williams, Lane
WR- Maurice Purify, Nebraska
OT- King Dunlap, Auburn
OG- Andrew Crummey, Maryland
OC- Fernando Velasco, Georgia ???
OG- John Greco, Toledo
OT- Kirk Barton, Ohio State
TE- Fred Davis, USC

DE- Kendall Langford, Hampton
DT- Andre Fluellem, Florida State
DT- Jason Shirley, Fresno State
DE- Kenny Iewbema, Iowa
OLB- Bo Ruud, Nebraska
MLB- Rodrick Johnson, Oklahoma State
OLB- Beau Bell, UNLV
CB- Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, Tennessee State
CB- Charles Godfrey, Iowa
FS- Bobbie Williams, Bethune-Cookman
SS- Tierre Green, Nebraska ???

Paranoidmoonduck
10-30-2007, 08:16 PM
I've been shocked at how high some people are slotting Laurinaitis in their mock drafts. I haven't seen anything to indicate that he is even close to AJ Hawk as a prospect.

BrownsTown
10-30-2007, 08:21 PM
I've been shocked at how high some people are slotting Laurinaitis in their mock drafts. I haven't seen anything to indicate that he is even close to AJ Hawk as a prospect.

Probably because you don't watch Ohio State games. He's like an AJ Hawk clone.

Sniper
10-30-2007, 08:34 PM
Probably because you don't watch Ohio State games. He's like an AJ Hawk clone.

I really don't find him to be as good as Hawk. Hawk had this kind of animalistic killing attitude on every snap. I don't see that killing instinct out of Laurinaitis as much.

ToldLikeItIs
10-31-2007, 06:02 AM
Charles Godfrey is horribly underrated.

neko4
10-31-2007, 10:20 AM
WR- Edward Williams, Lane

Is lane turning into a WR powerhouse school?

Don Vito
10-31-2007, 11:44 AM
I like the idea of underrated/overrated teams, this includes all eligible prospects (juniors = *). This is based off of how the player is as a college player and an NFL prospect.

OVERRATED
QB Brian Brohm, Colt Brennan
RB Steve Slaton*, Tashard Choice
WR Mario Manningham*, Early Doucet, DeSean Jackson*, Limas Sweed
TE Martellus Bennet*, John Carlson
OT Gosder Cherilus, Barry Richardson
OG Will Arnold, Jordan Grimes
C John Sullivan

DE Calais Campbell*, Tyson Jackson*
DT Frank Okam, Andre Fluellen
OLB Phillip Wheeler, Xavier Adibi
ILB Vince Hall
CB Mike Jenkins, Terrell Thomas
FS Jon Hefney
SS Craig Steltz

UNDERRATED
QB Dennis Dixon, Erik Ainge
RB Cory Boyd, Kevin Smith, Andre Callender
WR Earl Bennet*, Darius Reynaud, Tony Burks, DJ Hall
TE Eric Butler, Brad Listorti
OT Chris Williams, Pedro Sosa
OG Ben Person, Josh Tschirgi
C Mike Pollak

DE Adamm Oliver, Louis Holmes
DT Nick Hayden, Marcus Harrison, Peria Jerry*
OLB Erin Henderson*, Tyrone Pruitt, Spencer Larsen
ILB Jerod Mayo
CB Tracy Porter, Trae Williams
FS Jamie Silva
SS Jamarca Sanford*

Sniper
10-31-2007, 11:50 AM
WR Mario Manningham

Eh I would have agreed with you a couple of weeks ago but MM is ******* tearing people apart. Maybe the lightbulb has gone on, I don't know. But he's looked a lot better, especially in the short and intermediate game.

wvfan14
10-31-2007, 04:43 PM
I've watched him quite a few times, and he's not a good inside runner. running between the tackles and gaining good yardage when no one gets near you for the first 5 yards isn't being a good inside runner. Breaking runs up the gut untouched is not being a good inside runner. And the point was, that video did not show good inside running on his part.

And like I said before, only an idiot would use him in that matter (goal line situation up the gut, ect.). He's a Reggie Bush type RB in the NFL.

art vandelay
10-31-2007, 05:53 PM
Overrated - Steve Slaton, Jameel McClain, DeSean Jackson.

Underrated - I'm a big fan of Trae Williams. I think he's got a very bright future in the NFL.

Zyro_1014
10-31-2007, 09:42 PM
And like I said before, only an idiot would use him in that matter (goal line situation up the gut, ect.). He's a Reggie Bush type RB in the NFL.

Reggie is better than Slaton. don't put that evil on him

badgerbacker
10-31-2007, 10:58 PM
If he's a Reggie Bush type then he's overrated anyway.

soybean
10-31-2007, 11:22 PM
DO NOT draft rey maualuga if he comes out this year, trust me. This is coming from a trojan fan, and I know none of you have this kind of power or connections but trust me you're better off not getting him.

keith rivers is the way to go.

Finsfan79
11-01-2007, 09:35 AM
overrated - Both Longs

Sniper
11-01-2007, 10:14 AM
overrated - Both Longs

How exactly are either of them overrated?

bearsfan_51
11-01-2007, 10:23 AM
DO NOT draft rey maualuga if he comes out this year, trust me. This is coming from a trojan fan, and I know none of you have this kind of power or connections but trust me you're better off not getting him.

keith rivers is the way to go.

That's good. I'll tell all of my imaginary GM friends not to draft him.

soybean
11-06-2007, 07:59 PM
3.Bruce Davis

definitely not overrated. He's the only person on the bruin team that actually does something. He's a defensive playmaker for sure. Too bad he doesn't have the size to play DE in the nfl.

P-L
11-06-2007, 08:27 PM
definitely not overrated. He's the only person on the bruin team that actually does something. He's a defensive playmaker for sure. Too bad he doesn't have the size to play DE in the nfl.

Yeah, Davis is lucky if he weighs 230.

Babylon
11-06-2007, 08:58 PM
I guess someones overrated is someone elses underrated but i'll mention a few;

Overrated

Calais Campbell, hasnt played that well this year and we cant assume because someone plays for the hurricanes automatically means they're great.

Rey Maulauuga, not what you would call a high character guy, overpursues and couldnt cover most of us in pass coverage.

Limas Sweed, even before he got hurt he didnt look like a burner to me and certainly wasnt a possession receiver.

Dan Connor, makes a lot of tackles but does an inside backer make that much of an impact at the next level. Would like to see more than just a bunch of tackles 5 yards off the line of scrimmage, make plays Dan.

Underrated;

Early Doucet, injury aside he's a super receiver, probably the 1st one to come off the board. Really like this guy at the pro level.

Chase Coffman, in a sort of mediocre year for tightends this guy is a beast. Breaking the alltime touchdown record there in Missouri, maybe because nobody knows whether he will come out. i think the only 1st rounder among the tightends.

Jonathon Stewart, if he stays in school he probably goes in the top half dozen picks next year, would be the second back to come off the board in my ratings and maybe even the 1st if he works out well in the offseason.

Jordy Nelson, yeah nobody wants to give him his props but he'll catch over 100 balls for about probably 1500 yds , i expect he'll run a high 4.4 at the combine at 6-3 and 220, why again is he a sleeper? besides the obvious.

ironman4579
11-06-2007, 09:20 PM
I guess someones overrated is someone elses underrated but i'll mention a few;

Overrated

Dan Connor, makes a lot of tackles but does an inside backer make that much of an impact at the next level. Would like to see more than just a bunch of tackles 5 yards off the line of scrimmage, make plays Dan.

I'm not a Penn State fan by any means, but Connor does have 12 TFL's, 5 sacks, 1 INT, and 7 BrUp's. I don't know, to me that's making plays.

Babylon
11-06-2007, 09:25 PM
I'm not a Penn State fan by any means, but Connor does have 12 TFL's, 5 sacks, 1 INT, and 7 BrUp's. I don't know, to me that's making plays.

Who's the idiot that said he was overrated?:)

Sniper
11-06-2007, 11:22 PM

He's no Shawn Crable, but it's decent ;)

KCJ58
11-06-2007, 11:31 PM
Offense Only

Over:
Chad Henne/QB (Michigan)
Steve Slaton/RB (West Virginia)
Limas Sweed/WR (Texas)
John Carlson/TE (Notre Dame)
Sam Baker/OT (USC)

Under:

Dennis Dixon/QB (Oregon)
Ryan Torain/RB (Arizona State)
Marcus Monk/WR (Arkansas)
Craig Stevens/TE (California)
Kory Lichtensteiger/C (Bowling Green)

Sniper
11-06-2007, 11:38 PM
Offense Only

Over:
[B]Chad Henne/QB (Michigan)

How is Henne overrated when no one ranks him highly? And why is he overrated?

Cashmoney
11-07-2007, 01:02 AM
pretty much every Vols player is overrated except for ainge who is underrated. this definitely goes for hefney and young.

ironman4579
11-07-2007, 11:24 AM
He's no Shawn Crable, but it's decent ;)

Shawn Crable=playmaking monster.

lod01
11-07-2007, 03:57 PM
This Dixon bum has worked his way right to the top of over-rated. A guy putting up #'s that has no business playing QB at the NFL level.

duckseason
11-07-2007, 04:02 PM
This Dixon bum has worked his way right to the top of over-rated. A guy putting up #'s that has no business playing QB at the NFL level.

Care to elaborate a bit and let everybody know exactly what you're basing this opinion on?

Vikes99ej
11-07-2007, 04:21 PM
Charles Godfrey is horribly underrated.

And he's still not a top 5 cornerback. Too bad, Iowa fan. Homerism is bothering the hell outta me today.

Pit Bull #53
11-07-2007, 04:32 PM
pretty much every Vols player is overrated except for ainge who is underrated. this definitely goes for hefney and young.

Agree on Hefney. He's playing like complete **** and I can't stand watching him out there. He looks like he doesn't even know what's goin on. And he forgot how to tackle.

Disagree on Young. He was playing great before he went out. Not Arron Sears level, but just a notch below.

Cashmoney
11-08-2007, 10:46 AM
young is a good guard but all these mocks and people that have him going late 1st early 2nd I just dont see it. i think he'll be a good pro someday but i think his rating is probably more due to a weak OG class.

TankDogg
11-11-2007, 11:27 AM
It seems like to alot of these dumbass people that Michigan player's seem to be the most overrated. Though Mannigham is playing better than receiver in this draft and Henned playe'd through a bad shoulder.

Sniper
11-11-2007, 11:31 AM
It seems like to alot of these dumbass people that Michigan player's seem to be the most overrated. Though Mannigham is playing better than receiver in this draft and Henned playe'd through a bad shoulder.

Yeah, I agree. I mean, DeSean Jackson had a 4 catch, 5 yard game and somehow everyone loves him.

Receiver A: 6'0, 170 lbs, 4.3 speed. 56 catches, 650 yards, 11.6 ypc, 5 TD, Long of 44
Receiver B: 6'0, 185 lbs, 4.3 speed. 62 catches, 1,062 yards, 17.1 ypc, 11 TD, Long of 97.

Which one do you prefer?

scottyboy
11-11-2007, 11:48 AM
from what I've seen people say on this board, Ray Rice is no doubt under rated.

Sniper
11-11-2007, 11:56 AM
from what I've seen people say on this board, Ray Rice is no doubt under rated.

Him and Hart.

scottyboy
11-11-2007, 11:59 AM
Him and Hart.

as a franchise back, i would take both of them over Slaton

Babylon
11-11-2007, 12:39 PM
Yeah, I agree. I mean, DeSean Jackson had a 4 catch, 5 yard game and somehow everyone loves him.

Receiver A: 6'0, 170 lbs, 4.3 speed. 56 catches, 650 yards, 11.6 ypc, 5 TD, Long of 44
Receiver B: 6'0, 185 lbs, 4.3 speed. 62 catches, 1,062 yards, 17.1 ypc, 11 TD, Long of 97.

Which one do you prefer?

Not everyone loves Jackson, to me he's a 2nd round talent. Michigan receivers always scare me, they seem to put up great numbers at the college level and underachieve in the pros. Others who i thought took a hit yesterday.

Calais Campbell
Vernon Gholston
Adarius Bowman

ironman4579
11-11-2007, 12:44 PM
Not everyone loves Jackson, to me he's a 2nd round talent. Michigan receivers always scare me, they seem to put up great numbers at the college level and underachieve in the pros. Others who i thought took a hit yesterday.

Calais Campbell
Vernon Gholston
Adarius Bowman

That's a a bit of a fallacy in my opinion. Sure, Michigan has had it's David Terrell's, but Amani Toomer put up 5 straight 1,000 yard seasons at one point and has 591 catches for 8,512 yards 49 TD's in his career, and Braylon Edwards is putting up All Pro type number so far this year.

Babylon
11-11-2007, 12:52 PM
That's a a bit of a fallacy in my opinion. Sure, Michigan has had it's David Terrell's, but Amani Toomer put up 5 straight 1,000 yard seasons at one point and has 591 catches for 8,512 yards 49 TD's in his career, and Braylon Edwards is putting up All Pro type number so far this year.

You may be right but i always tend to shy away from certain positions from certain teams, such as dont take Auburn defensive players, Michigan WRs or USC DBs.

Sniper
11-11-2007, 12:54 PM
You may be right but i always tend to shy away from certain positions from certain teams, such as dont take Auburn defensive players, Michigan WRs or USC DBs.

Penn State RBs and Florida RBs post Emmitt.

TACKLE
11-11-2007, 01:15 PM
Underrated

Jeff Otah, OT, Pitt - A dominating run-blocker who is surprisingly quick. Huge at 6'6 340. Plays with a mean streak. Almost all of freshman's LeSean McCoy's yards come right behind him. When it's all said and done I think he'll be the second OT taken.

Kentwan Balmer, DT, North Carolina - Nice size at 6'5 295. Athletic and moves well. Long arms. Is a really good fit as a 3-4 DE. Kiper has him as his Number 7 overall prospect.

Darrell Robertson, DE, Georgia Tech - A tall, athletic pass rusher. At 6'5 245 he is thin but has the frame to put on weight. Can play as a 3-4 OLB. Has been productive this year with 16 TFL and 6.5 sacks.

TankDogg
11-11-2007, 07:53 PM

Calais Campbell
Vernon Gholston
Adarius Bowman
The only two Michigan receivers who were huge bust were Desmond Howard and David Terrell. Anthony Carter was a very good receiver and if you put his USFL numbers with his NFL numbers you get over 10,000 receiving yards. Also Amani Toomer and Derrick Alexander were good receiver's too. If you're looking for huge busts at receiver check Florida and currently USC.

doingthisinsteadofwork
11-11-2007, 08:04 PM

Which one do you prefer?
Yeah I know Desean's gonna put up alot of stats when he has a broken thumb for the first month of the season.

cardsalltheway
11-11-2007, 08:35 PM
CB Tracy Porter

On the topic of Tracy Porter, that picture you have on the homepage isn't of him Scott. Tracy wears #9

draftguru151
11-11-2007, 08:39 PM
I think he used to wear 36.

cardsalltheway
11-11-2007, 09:20 PM
I think he used to wear 36.

You would be correct Mr. DG, apparently he wore it back in his frosh year. I had no idea. My apologies for questioning Scott's infallibility

Sniper
11-12-2007, 05:05 AM
The only two Michigan receivers who were huge bust were Desmond Howard and David Terrell. Anthony Carter was a very good receiver and if you put his USFL numbers with his NFL numbers you get over 10,000 receiving yards. Also Amani Toomer and Derrick Alexander were good receiver's too. If you're looking for huge busts at receiver check Florida and currently USC.

And Desmond still got a SB MVP out of the deal.

Sniper
11-12-2007, 05:07 AM
Yeah I know Desean's gonna put up alot of stats when he has a broken thumb for the first month of the season.

Oh boy here come the Cal fans with their excuses. He's had two 100 yard games all season.

doingthisinsteadofwork
11-12-2007, 09:26 AM
Excuses?He had a broken thumb for the first month of the season.
Our offense doesnt even allow one reciever to dominate week in week out.IT spreads the ball out alot more than Michigan does.Other than Manningham and Arrington Michigan doesnt pass the ball to alot of other people.Not to mention Michigan has much better QBs.Its quite obvious you havent alot if any Cal games this season.

Sniper
11-12-2007, 09:52 AM
Mario Manningham: 62 catches, 1,062 yards, 17.1 ypc, 11 TD
Adrian Arrington: 56 catches, 716 yards, 12.8 ypc, 6 TD
Greg Mathews: 31 catches, 299 yards, 9.6 ypc, 3 TD
Carson Butler: 15 catches, 157 yards, 10.5 ypc, 2 TD

DeSean Jackson: 56 catches, 650 yards, 11.6 ypc, 5 TD
Lavelle Hawkins: 56 catches, 734 yards, 13.1 ypc, 5 TD
Robert Jordan: 33 catches, 371 yards, 11.2 ypc, 1 TD
Justin Forsett: 14 catches, 161 yards, 11.5 ypc, 0 TD

Let's see...Manningham has 6 more catches than Jackson, Arrington has the same as Hawkins, Mathews has 2 less than Jordan, and Butler has one more than Forsett. Yeah, good call on that one. Not to mention Ryan Mallett, the freshman QB of the beastly 43.5% completion percentage, has been the QB for half the season. Jackson falls under the Ted Ginn syndrome (People think I'm a deep threat because I run a 4.2 but my stats show otherwise). Jackson is averaging around 7 less ypc this year.

cowboysforever
11-12-2007, 10:01 AM
I would like to add that Jackson is over hyped.

Reminds me of the Ginn versus Breaston argument (of which none existed) .... fact is Breaston put up great numbers and is **GASP** making big plays for the Cards. What has Ginn done comparatively?

Breaston's 40 was 4.41. Had better career numbers but not the publicity of Ginn. One went 9th and the other went almost UDFA.

doingthisinsteadofwork
11-12-2007, 10:10 AM
Your only proving more and more that you havent watched any Cal games.If you think Mallet is bad try and watch Longshore.He constantly underthrows his recievers.Im pretty sure none of recievers like him either.
Ted Ginn syndrome?Thats what people usually say when they havent seen Desean play.They just hear about a small speedy WR and they think Ginn.If you watched Cal games youd realize that our offense doesnt isnt that big of a deep threat.Look at last years offense when everything was based on the big play and Desean was averaging over 18 y/c.

Beyond Carson Butler you have nobody.

Craig Steven 13rec 153yards 2 TDs
Cameron Moorah 11rec 125yards
Jahvid Best 13 rec 74 yards TD

Mike Hart 7rec 43 yards
Mike Massey 4rec 38 yards
Junior Hemmingway 3rec 33 yards

left out these guys huh.why?

Sniper
11-12-2007, 10:43 AM
Your only proving more and more that you havent watched any Cal games.If you think Mallet is bad try and watch Longshore.He constantly underthrows his recievers.Im pretty sure none of recievers like him either.
Ted Ginn syndrome?Thats what people usually say when they havent seen Desean play.They just hear about a small speedy WR and they think Ginn.If you watched Cal games youd realize that our offense doesnt isnt that big of a deep threat.Look at last years offense when everything was based on the big play and Desean was averaging over 18 y/c.

Beyond Carson Butler you have nobody.

Craig Steven 13rec 153yards 2 TDs
Cameron Moorah 11rec 125yards
Jahvid Best 13 rec 74 yards TD

Mike Hart 7rec 43 yards
Mike Massey 4rec 38 yards
Junior Hemmingway 3rec 33 yards

left out these guys huh.why?

Dude, Jackson is averaging 11.6 ypc. That's a TE's numbers. I have watched Jackson play, and I've defended him in a Ted Ginn argument NUMEROUS times. It's not like I'm saying he's some schlub who doesn't deserve to play football. I just think he's overrated. Longshore, crappy as he may be, is still infinitely better than Ryan Mallett. He's completing 60.8% of his passes, a far cry from 43%.

Why did I leave those out? First of all, I went with four options without looking at anyone else, because those guys get the bulk of the catches. Second of all, call me crazy, but it's kind of tough for Massey to get passes thrown his way when he's on the sidelines with a torn ACL. Hemingway is a freshman and Michigan rarely plays freshmen unless there is a dire need. (See Dono Warren at CB, Mallett at QB, Hart and Henne as freshmen who only played because everyone in front of them got hurt) Hart's been pounded into submission via the ground and has missed time in 3 full games and half of the MSU game and half of the Purdue game.

Sniper
11-12-2007, 10:47 AM
I would like to add that Jackson is over hyped.

Reminds me of the Ginn versus Breaston argument (of which none existed) .... fact is Breaston put up great numbers and is **GASP** making big plays for the Cards. What has Ginn done comparatively?

Breaston's 40 was 4.41. Had better career numbers but not the publicity of Ginn. One went 9th and the other went almost UDFA.

No, it did exist. I made the argument that Breaston, selected way late in the draft, was a better value pick for the Cards for the price to production ratio, and predictably the Ohio State fans on here went berserk. Good call fellas.

Scotty D
11-12-2007, 10:49 AM
Breaston was beastly yesterday. First time I got to see him. Is he being used as a WR much?

bigboiajhawk
11-12-2007, 10:59 AM
There is a guy in d3 football his name is pierre garcon, watch out for him, he will be a late draft selection, he is out of mount union and he is the fastest player in d3, remember in last years draft derek stanley out of d3 uw-whitewater was taken by the rams, pierre garcon is a bigger faster derek stanley.

BDG
11-13-2007, 06:01 PM
I wouldn't touch Mike Hart.

jballa838
11-13-2007, 06:05 PM
underrated: Shane Simmons, ILB, Western Washington
that dude is legit

EDIT: Runs 4.57 40

NYGibril28
11-13-2007, 06:15 PM
I think every QB with the exception of Dennis Dixon and Erik Ainge is overrated.

The Big Three are all seen as Top 10 picks, and to me, the only one even possibly worthy is Andre Woodson.

underscore
11-15-2007, 05:49 AM
Becoming more overrated by the day is James Laurinaitis.

The guy got totally blown off the ball vs. Illinois. He has a mere 37 solo tackles all season, which doesn't even put him in the top 100 nationally.

brat316
11-15-2007, 05:54 AM
Underrated Jordy Nelson, guy is a beast.

Overated are the qbs all of them except Woodson. But that maybe because there is no clear cut number 1.

Sniper
11-15-2007, 08:31 AM

The guy got totally blown off the ball vs. Illinois. He has a mere 37 solo tackles all season, which doesn't even put him in the top 100 nationally.

Don't you know he's the Animal's son though? So clearly that makes him better than everyone else.

lod01
11-17-2007, 06:43 PM
Care to elaborate a bit and let everybody know exactly what you're basing this opinion on?

Don't have to. He just showed what would happen if he plays QB at the NFL level.

Babylon
11-17-2007, 07:04 PM

You're only off by about 50 tackles.

draftguru151
11-17-2007, 07:10 PM
You're only off by about 50 tackles.

He's actually off by about 0.

Paranoidmoonduck
11-17-2007, 07:17 PM

Not that 60 assisted tackles is exactly child's play either, but I too am mystified by this Laurinaitis love. Yeah, he's a nice linebacker who went to the same school as the best recent linebacker prospect and one who has shown marked improvement in his junior year, but I don't see him being close to a top 10 caliber linebacker.

Turtlepower
11-17-2007, 07:25 PM
Not that 60 assisted tackles is exactly child's play either, but I too am mystified by this Laurinaitis love. Yeah, he's a nice linebacker who went to the same school as the best recent linebacker prospect and one who has shown marked improvement in his junior year, but I don't see him being close to a top 10 caliber linebacker.

I absolutely hate the A.J. Hawk comparison's because he is nowhere near his level.

Babylon
11-17-2007, 07:26 PM

I have him at 78 unassisted tackles so he was off by 41, my bad.:)

Paranoidmoonduck
11-17-2007, 07:29 PM

http://www.cfbstats.com/2007/player/518/81506/index.html

Turtlepower
11-17-2007, 07:31 PM

http://web1.ncaa.org/d1mfb/playerDetail.jsp?yr=2007&org=518&player=33

Sucks when you are wrong. James Laurinaitis has 37 solo tackles.

ironman4579
11-17-2007, 07:37 PM
You could actually just go to OSU's website and see the stats.

http://www.ohiostatebuckeyes.com/fls/17300/stats/football/2007/teamcume.htm#TEAM.DEF

After today's game 39 solo tackles, so 2 against Michigan today.

Babylon
11-17-2007, 07:43 PM
http://web1.ncaa.org/d1mfb/playerDetail.jsp?yr=2007&org=518&player=33

Sucks when you are wrong. James Laurinaitis has 37 solo tackles.

AOL.com has him at 78 and 16 for a total of 94. maybe i'm wrong. Does anyone actually think that this guy is only going to average 3 unassisted tackles a game?

Turtlepower
11-17-2007, 07:44 PM
AOL.com has him at 78 and 16 for a total of 94. maybe i'm wrong. Does anyone actually think that this guy is only going to average 3 unassisted tackles a game?

Considering that the stats say that he will, I think I'll go by those. I honestly think he is only the third best player on that defense behind Gholston and Jenkins.

ironman4579
11-17-2007, 07:46 PM

I think I'll trust Ohio States actual website over AOL.