PDA

View Full Version : RB Ryan Torain out for the rest of the season

asu2100
10-17-2007, 08:50 PM
Man this sucks. Tough break for him since he was building some draft status IMO!

http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/story/99813

fenikz
10-17-2007, 08:54 PM
IMO he is the 3rd best RB on the team and would of been nothing more than a late 1st day pick(guess it's considered the 2nd day now), which he can still be be a good workout

Herring is far more explosive and Nance is a much more powerful runner, Herring is a beast and has been averaging 6 yards a carry pretty much every year

asu2100
10-17-2007, 09:08 PM
IMO he is the 3rd best RB on the team and would of been nothing more than a late 1st day pick(guess it's considered the 2nd day now), which he can still be be a good workout

Herring is far more explosive and Nance is a much more powerful runner, Herring is a beast and has been averaging 6 yards a carry pretty much every year

Sorry, but i disagree. Torain is the best RB on this team. There is a reason why he took the job from Keegan last year. Besides the SJSU game this year he hasn't been healthy, and he has still managed to put up good numbers. Plus he never got worked into the passing game this year except for one play in the Colorado game, no RB has actually. Don't get me wrong, i love Keegan, but Keegan doesn't have the size to run inside every down, one he bounces it outside, he is deadly. Nance is coming along wonderfully, but i don't think that he is a more powerful runner than Torain. Without Torain, ASU might have lost the WSU game. He just wore WSU down and made it look easy on the final drive.

jared
10-18-2007, 01:13 AM
Torain is far and away the best runner on the team. I don't even think it's close. He runs HARD every time. I think this is a huge blow to the team. Keegan falls down way too easily after contact. He doesn't bring what Torain does to the table in terms of wearing down a D.

KCJ58
10-18-2007, 01:20 AM
when i 1st heard i wanted to cry :(

this is Keegan Hearing's chance to shine :)

D-Unit
10-18-2007, 02:30 PM
Tough break for the only guy who decided to show up in last year's Hawaii Bowl from ASU. He impressed me that game.

Geo
10-18-2007, 02:33 PM
That's unfortunate, hopefully he fully recovers. A Lisfranc sprain, that could be difficult to come back immediately from, with the pre-draft process approaching.

I was hoping to eventually get a good look at him. I was wondering about his speed and burst.