PDA

View Full Version : Michael Oher

foozball
10-17-2007, 11:53 PM
So what's the word on him? Staying? Going? Can he play LT in the NFL? What are his strengths and weaknesses? Why isn't he the #1 JR OT if some believe he's the best OT prospect since Orlando Pace?

KaneMarko
10-18-2007, 12:43 PM
So what's the word on him? Staying? Going? Can he play LT in the NFL? What are his strengths and weaknesses? Why isn't he the #1 JR OT if some believe he's the best OT prospect since Orlando Pace?

I was just about to start a thread on this very topic. Iíd like to know the answers to your questions as well. Iím in the process of reading ďThe Blind SideĒ now. Iím about half way through it. Oher has a pretty amazing story. I know Scott already suggested people read it. But I have to back him up and say that if you havenít read it, you really need to

D-Unit
10-18-2007, 12:56 PM
He should stay. Lot of reports out there saying he is still extremely raw. Not the type of pub you want.

SuperKevin
10-18-2007, 01:22 PM
He should stay. Lot of reports out there saying he is still extremely raw. Not the type of pub you want.

Besdies there is still thoughts that he might project to guard at the next level.

If he returns, Ole Miss has a chance at being a major sleeper in the SEC next year. Ed Orgeron has recruited a ton of talent down there in Oxford

Turtlepower
10-18-2007, 01:34 PM
This is also a very strong OT class, so staying one more year would almost ensure him a 1st round selection.

toonsterwu
10-18-2007, 04:41 PM

I don't think anyone outside of his circle really knows if he's going or not. Most of it seems pure speculation, although some rumors seem to lean towards Oher staying.

Now, the reason why he might stay is because, as others noted, he's still so raw in many respects. Moreso than say, Ryan Clady, another junior OT (who is better in pass protection than Oher right now). I think most would agree that Oher is stronger in run-blocking right now. I'm not sure where this whole "Best Since Pace" is coming from, as I'm not sold that he is that good. That said, Oher is quite talented. I think he can play LT in the pros, but it'll take time and good coaching.

Now, I will say that, if Oher comes out, I think he is a first rounder. But staying another year and improving a bit more could see him become a solid top 10 type.

oldLibid21
11-24-2007, 02:37 PM
I don't mean to bump a topic this old, but do you guys think Oher will declare for the draft now that his coach has been axed? I honestly have my mind in a bottle about this...

SenorGato
11-24-2007, 05:10 PM
I think if he declares he becomes my #1 OT prospect. I like the athleticism, build, and strong too much. He's raw, but he's also only been playing LT for 4-5 years now...

oldLibid21
11-24-2007, 05:16 PM
I think if he declares he becomes my #1 OT prospect. I like the athleticism, build, and strong too much. He's raw, but he's also only been playing LT for 4-5 years now...

I wouldn't put him ahead of Long, and probably not even Clady. He's got a unique way of learning, and he's not pro-ready yet. That's just my opinion anyways. Looking forward to seeing your guys' opinion on this.

Texas Homer
11-24-2007, 07:38 PM
Is he top ten pick good?

kmartin575
11-25-2007, 12:35 AM
Besdies there is still thoughts that he might project to guard at the next level.

If he returns, Ole Miss has a chance at being a major sleeper in the SEC next year. Ed Orgeron has recruited a ton of talent down there in Oxford

Wasn't he just fired? If so then that could be a reason for Oher to leave.