PDA

View Full Version : George Selvie

DeathbyStat
10-18-2007, 09:57 AM
What does the board think of his NFL future?

bored of education
10-18-2007, 10:00 AM
George Selvie DE, #95 Ht/Wt: 6-4, 255
is that his listing?
I heard he could run anywhere between a 4.70-4.90 40.

He plays like a monster with a non stop motor. He reminds me of smaller jarred allen with a bit more athleticism. That probably makes him remind me of someone else then. lol

D-Unit
10-18-2007, 11:01 AM
If he declares he could be the top DE/OLB off the board. Already drawing comparisons to Demarcus Ware.

Hines
10-18-2007, 11:47 AM
i would love it if he came to the steelers, im a sucker for pass rushers so i would love for him to come to the burgh..hes a monster in the backfield

Scotty D
10-18-2007, 12:12 PM
Is he a better fit for OLB? Would he still be a great prospect for the 4-3?

Hines
10-18-2007, 12:13 PM
Is he a better fit for OLB? Would he still be a great prospect for the 4-3?

im pretty sure he can play both

Scotty D
10-18-2007, 12:18 PM
im pretty sure he can play both

Thanks captain obvious.

Tampa 2 4 life
10-18-2007, 12:31 PM
He's so good off the line with his hand down, I'm not sure I would try him at 3-4 OLB.

foozball
10-18-2007, 12:35 PM
he could stand to bulk up to 265, because he looks a bit lanky, but he's just a soph. im guessing he runs a low 4.7, 4.75 at the worst

SuperKevin
10-18-2007, 12:45 PM
Isn't this the 5th George Selvie thread?

Freddy G
10-18-2007, 01:32 PM
He is just a terrific pure pass rusher/sack artist. He is athletic but not any kind of "freak". What he lacks in top notch physical tools he makes up with unwaivering relentlesness and dare i say "it". I love his passion, and sheer production is eye popping.

Honestly, i don't think he has the physical tools to be a first rounder, but he will probably still be one because he as just enough and is productive.

I haven't seen enough of him to tell whether he could play OLB in a 34, but he is explosive off the ball and if he has fluid hips, i don't see why not.

Giantsfan1080
10-18-2007, 01:34 PM
Does anyone know how he ended up at South Florida? He seems like such a physical freak from the start that any major college would have wanted him.

draftguru151
10-18-2007, 01:42 PM
Rivals had him as a 2 star 6-4 230 OG. That might have had something to do with it.

Giantsfan1080
10-18-2007, 01:43 PM
Rivals had him as a 2 star 6-4 230 OG. That might have had something to do with it.

They really had that one right.

D-Unit
10-18-2007, 01:58 PM
Does anyone know how he ended up at South Florida? He seems like such a physical freak from the start that any major college would have wanted him.
I wonder if he's one of those guys Saban was talking about... not academically eligible at the Alabama's of the world, but eligible at USF. lol.

gdur52
10-18-2007, 02:08 PM
They're doing a story on Outside the Lines right now, and they interviewed George Selvie. He said he was recruited by DII schools and South Florida. That's it.

aheineken
10-18-2007, 03:40 PM
Similar to the DeMarcus Ware story, except Ware was a 2 start WR recruit.

scottyboy
10-18-2007, 03:47 PM
he'll get shut down tonight.

TitanHope
10-18-2007, 04:00 PM
Isn't this the 5th George Selvie thread?

I believe it's the 4th one. He should have his own "Official" thread.

BuddyCHRIST
10-18-2007, 04:14 PM
he's from a high school right in my area, and the reason he wasnt recruited was because (previously mentioned) he played guard in HS.

LonghornsLegend
10-18-2007, 07:08 PM
Depends on which 3-4 team took him, the way we play Ware he is almost down on his hands every play, and rushing the passer alot, so I could see that role with him fitting alot better then a 4-3 team, he knows how to get to the qb, and would excell in a defensive scheme that asked him to do it primarily...I could see him being a star for Baltimore, that runs a hybrid scheme and could move him around alot...

Paranoidmoonduck
10-18-2007, 07:15 PM
There was a recent article on Sport Illustrated's website about Selvie, in which he was listed (and confirmed by a quote from Selvie) as 235 pounds. If this is actually the case, then I'm not sure he's an option for any team that doesn't run a 3-4.

genom
10-18-2007, 07:50 PM
Isn't 235 generally considered too small to play 3-4 OLB as well?

D-Unit
10-18-2007, 08:26 PM
There was a recent article on Sport Illustrated's website about Selvie, in which he was listed (and confirmed by a quote from Selvie) as 235 pounds. If this is actually the case, then I'm not sure he's an option for any team that doesn't run a 3-4.
I have a very hard time believing that he is that light. Can't always believe what you see listed. D-Ware was like 245 when he was drafted, I believe. He's close to 255 now thanks to Bill Parcells demands.

P-L
10-18-2007, 08:31 PM
Yeah, Selvie said something along the lines of it being hard to gain weight, but watching him on the field he doesn't look that light.

scottyboy
10-18-2007, 08:45 PM
well he's done nothing so far tonight against upper OT's and he got pwned by Ray Rice on a stiff arm

Tampa 2 4 life
10-18-2007, 08:48 PM
well he's done nothing so far tonight against upper OT's and he got pwned by Ray Rice on a stiff arm

Double teamed, you really can't blame him.

scottyboy
10-18-2007, 08:49 PM
Double teamed, you really can't blame him.

no he isnt. what ever side he's lined up on he's been 1on1 with Zuttah or Sosa for the majority of this game.

and I'm still laughing from that brutal stiff arm Ray Ray gave him

SeanTaylorRIP
10-18-2007, 08:51 PM
no he isnt. what ever side he's lined up on he's been 1on1 with Zuttah or Sosa for the majority of this game.

I'm still laughing how you are gonna lose. http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/forum/images/icons/icon7.gif

Tampa 2 4 life
10-18-2007, 08:51 PM

No. Buie and Harris are getting one on one, Clebert and Selvie are getting double teamed, Selvie's trying to offset this by just running around the back of the D-Line and entering on Harris's side, and he's gotten some pressure that way.

ljaxson
10-18-2007, 09:16 PM
Comparison:
George Selvie-Jevon Kearse

TitanHope
10-18-2007, 09:55 PM
When I first saw him play, I thought Kearse as well for some reason. Though a "Freak"-ish talent like Kearse's is rare, Selvie reminds me of him.

Why? It looked brutal, but Rice didn't have everything to do with it. Selvie was laid out in the air, and a Rutgers player had ahold of his lower legs/feet. The only thing supporting Selvie was air. All Rice had to do was push. Selvie was helpless since his arms were spread forward to get a hand on Rice. It was cool looking, but don't dwell on it too long.

Jonny
10-18-2007, 10:46 PM
Pedro Sosa is so underrated. Brilliant job tonight on Selvie.

scottyboy
10-19-2007, 03:03 PM
I'm still laughing how you are gonna lose. http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/forum/images/icons/icon7.gif

what was that Ghetto?? :D

Selvie got shut down against the best OL he's played against this year. RU's OL was just WAY more physical, and he couldnt handle it.

thebow305
10-19-2007, 03:12 PM
How does he stack up as far as the list of Tweeners for this year are concerned? Better than Harvey or Gholston, etc???? what do you guys think???

thebow305
10-19-2007, 03:13 PM

Selvie got shut down against the best OL he's played against this year. RU's OL was just WAY more physical, and he couldnt handle it.

he was also playing hurt... dont worry, ur line aint THAT good.

Green Bay Scat
10-19-2007, 03:17 PM

osi hasnt done anything in the NFL, only against Justice, whos really just a rookie. i guess everyone else is just WAY more physical than Osi

scottyboy
10-19-2007, 03:18 PM

hahah sure lets see. He had a minor back sprain, and maybe he got hurt because he isnt physical enough? ever think he just got beat up physically by a superior OL? and yea, not that good, only the nations top OG recruit and 3 guys who will be drafted after this season. but yea, not that good at all...

scottyboy
10-19-2007, 03:19 PM
osi hasnt done anything in the NFL, only against Justice, whos really just a rookie. i guess everyone else is just WAY more physical than Osi

right and Osi hasnt done anything else against the rest of the league right? That wasnt really him who made the pro bowl, it was an imposter...

thebow305
10-19-2007, 03:36 PM
hahah sure lets see. He had a minor back sprain, and maybe he got hurt because he isnt physical enough? ever think he just got beat up physically by a superior OL? and yea, not that good, only the nations top OG recruit and 3 guys who will be drafted after this season. but yea, not that good at all...

drafted maybe 2nd day.... impressive....

OOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH top OG recruit.... and a FRESHMAN!! AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TitanHope
10-19-2007, 10:23 PM
Selvie was game planned out of it. The majority of the runs were off the RT. Selvie is paired with the LT who probably had help occasionally. He wasn't given much of a chance to impact the Rutger's running game, but he had chances in passing situations but couldn't get it done. Pedro Sosa and the OC deserve credit.

Also, Jeremy Ito is a very ugly man. That is all.

Jonny
10-20-2007, 03:57 AM

Actually, our line is quite good. Sosa has completely dominated Selvie twice now, Ian Campbell, and pretty much everyone he faces.

osi hasnt done anything in the NFL, only against Justice, whos really just a rookie.

What on earth are you talking about?

drafted maybe 2nd day.... impressive....

OOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH top OG recruit.... and a FRESHMAN!! AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quality post there.

Sosa will probably go between 3-5, and arguably should go higher. He's been battling injuries this year, but the USF game proved that he's back. Zuttah will go a little lower because of his size. Both will be named on some All-American lists. Fladell is a late round pick.

The center, Blaze, is just a sophomore. Anthony Davis is playing RG now but will probably be at tackle nex year.

sweetd20
10-20-2007, 08:15 AM
Selvie is raw still and if he works hard and gets a boog D-line coach at the next level who knows how good he could become. Right now he's more of a Kalimba Edwards type of player that might be a little too tall and lanky to be a dominate DE at the next level unless he improves his technique and leverage. If he continues to grow as a technical player he has Taylor type of potential in the NFL. I just wouldn't expect anything amazing from him his first year or two in the NFL while he learns how to really play the position.