PDA

View Full Version : Steelers vs. The Ponies

terribletowel39
10-18-2007, 11:32 AM
Whats everybodies thoughts on the game?? Predictions....blah blah blah.

Man_Of_Steel
10-18-2007, 11:42 AM
If it were a normal 1:00 game I would say Steelers by double digits, however since this is a primetime game Im saying its gonna be pretty close up until the mid 4th quarter.

Hines
10-18-2007, 11:48 AM
my girl and dad are bronco fans, boy would i love to rub it in their faces...her dad is scared to bet me cuz he knows whats up and that the steelers will beat the **** outta the broncos.. 35-14 steelers

willie with 150 yards

Jakey
10-18-2007, 12:42 PM
I think they will be stacking the box all night (nobody wants to be 32nd against the run) so i can see us changing it up and throwing abit more in this one, look for a big game from Ben. Steelers win 31-17.

Smooth Criminal
10-18-2007, 02:21 PM
I thinking we'll see big games out of both Miller and Nate Washington. They have two good corners but after that they will be using 8 to stack the box so I'm expecting the 3rd recievers and TEs to be open a good bit.

terribletowel39
10-18-2007, 02:33 PM
is Champ playing this game??

mikehop05
10-18-2007, 02:41 PM
i dont think bly can cover holmes, assuming champ is on ward

they'll stack the box and come out firing with cutler

7 - 7 at the half

24 - 17 at the end, steelers

terribletowel39
10-18-2007, 02:46 PM
so i've heard that Bailey isn't starting, if thats the case Bly can't handle Wards physical style and whoever there third is definitely can't handle Holmes. i also still think we are going to rely more on the run no matter how many they stack. i think they have been stacking the box trying to stop the run all year or atleast since Jordan ran well on them. i think the #2 rushing attack is going to dominate the #32 rushing defense and it will open up the play action ridiculous style. we will win the game in another convincing fashion. 32-13

Smooth Criminal
10-18-2007, 04:52 PM
Bly would likely still be on Holmes and Dominque Foxworth would get the start and be on Ward.

With Bailey not starting their is no way they can contain our offense. He is by far their best player and the secondary will collapse without him.

terribletowel39
10-18-2007, 05:12 PM
yea they said over on the bronco's thread that Bailey is still up in the air but......drum roll please WALKER is out. woo hoo!! Taylor doesn't have to face his worse enemy. i like it very much. if Champ and Walker don't play you can go ahead and call this a slaughtering.

mikehop05
10-18-2007, 06:17 PM
yea they said over on the bronco's thread that Bailey is still up in the air but......drum roll please WALKER is out. woo hoo!! Taylor doesn't have to face his worse enemy. i like it very much. if Champ and Walker don't play you can go ahead and call this a slaughtering.

no.

dont jinx us

terribletowel39
10-18-2007, 09:16 PM
no.

dont jinx us
slaughtering.

Man_Of_Steel
10-18-2007, 09:23 PM
If our secondary can play as good as they did against Seattle then were a top three team in the league.

mikehop05
10-21-2007, 08:42 PM
wow yeah so

wtf is going on

Hines
10-21-2007, 08:43 PM
marvel smith is an idiot

mikehop05
10-21-2007, 08:54 PM
our line is playing like ****

all of our players are playing like ****

skarocksoi
10-21-2007, 08:54 PM
Kendall Simmons is even worse. I cant believe we gave him a contract extension.

skarocksoi
10-21-2007, 08:55 PM
I hate Chris Collinsworth too. He's a dick.

skarocksoi
10-21-2007, 09:23 PM
At least Harrison is putting out some effort.

Hines
10-21-2007, 09:29 PM
third and long we cant stop them

wow

brat316
10-21-2007, 09:31 PM
I thought we could win easily, we could just run it down their throats. Where is our Red zone D. God damn it

skarocksoi
10-21-2007, 09:33 PM
Did we not know that we were playing a football game today cause it certainly looks like all the players did.

mikehop05
10-21-2007, 09:34 PM
Did we not know that we were playing a football game today cause it certainly looks like all the players did.

i think the broncos knew they were palying a game today

the steelers... not so much

Hines
10-21-2007, 09:34 PM
i believe we will come back..we are on fire on offence in our first drive and on d we showed life, we just gotta not give up those 3rd and longs

mikehop05
10-21-2007, 09:35 PM
i believe we will come back..we are on fire on offence in our first drive and on d we showed life, we just gotta not give up those 3rd and longs

yeah, we'll see

we need to pull our head outa our asses first

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
10-21-2007, 09:37 PM
Win or lose, this is the best game we've played all year. Without our two best players, to boot.

Hines
10-21-2007, 09:40 PM
Win or lose, this is the best game we've played all year. Without our two best players, to boot.

you guys are playing a great game...but i think the steelers coud pull it off

10-21-2007, 09:49 PM
you guys are playing a great game...but i think the steelers coud pull it off

Yeah, it is far from over. We need a good drive here, and I think if we can effectively kill 5-6 minutes and get at least an FG, it will be very difficult for the Steelers to come back. Anything less, and our D needs to step up and play like they did in the first half.

mikehop05
10-21-2007, 09:55 PM
Yeah, it is far from over. We need a good drive here, and I think if we can effectively kill 5-6 minutes and get at least an FG, it will be very difficult for the Steelers to come back. Anything less, and our D needs to step up and play like they did in the first half.

yeah you guys were playing with a definite chip on your shoulder

or maybe just filled w/ emotion

10-21-2007, 09:57 PM
And a chance to seal the deal again destroyed by ****** playcalling.

Hines
10-21-2007, 09:58 PM
the steelers have the ball and i expect willie to get the rock..with some screen passes..id throw it to heath cuz u guys cant cover him

10-21-2007, 10:10 PM
the steelers have the ball and i expect willie to get the rock..with some screen passes..id throw it to heath cuz u guys cant cover him

Good call lol

Hines
10-21-2007, 10:12 PM
Good call lol

that s houlda been the play call all game

brat316
10-21-2007, 10:12 PM
How about dem steelers, yes, damn lets hope the Ponies dont get in FG range. We need a turnover, keep cutler in the box

mikehop05
10-21-2007, 10:28 PM
damn.

knew it, son of a *****.

Hines
10-21-2007, 10:29 PM
should of taken more time off with our last drive when we scored

mikehop05
10-21-2007, 10:29 PM
should of taken more time off with our last drive when we scored

our defense was ****

10-21-2007, 10:37 PM
The thing that we as Denver fans, and other supporters see in Cutler, is that with that kind of arm, it's very difficult to defend. You have to be in perfect position, or he will fit it in there, and we saw that on the final drive.

skarocksoi
10-21-2007, 10:39 PM
This is another one that we should have won if we would have come out playing like we should have. The D looked lost at certain points out there. The line played up and down (more down than up), and we just couldnt come through when we needed it in the first half. Dissapointing.

S4L
The entire team did not look good. The offense didn't start consistently moving the ball until the fourth quarter, three quarters too late. And despite getting Troy back and not having to face Walker, Cutler tore through the pass D, going 22 for 29.

All the credit in the world to the Broncos. They looked ten times as motivated as the Steelers for nearly the entire game. But it's just frustrating that if Ben just hangs onto that football, we could be 5-1.

mikehop05
The thing that we as Denver fans, and other supporters see in Cutler, is that with that kind of arm, it's very difficult to defend. You have to be in perfect position, or he will fit it in there, and we saw that on the final drive.

yeah true but i mean, they just looked slow tonight

props to cutler though, he made some good passes

skarocksoi
10-21-2007, 10:42 PM
Was it bye week rust on our part, a general lack of drive, or lack of focus? I think it was a little bit of everything. I think troy and hines lacked a little in the first half from not playing for so long, and everybody else just didnt want it.

mikehop05
10-21-2007, 10:44 PM
The entire team did not look good. The offense didn't start consistently moving the ball until the fourth quarter, three quarters too late. And despite getting Troy back and not having to face Walker, Cutler tore through the pass D, going 22 for 29.

All the credit in the world to the Broncos. They looked ten times as motivated as the Steelers for nearly the entire game. But it's just frustrating that if Ben just hangs onto that football, we could be 5-1.

not even that, i dont blame ben one bit, he was running for his life the whole game trying to make plays

i didnt like the fact we didnt come out pounding the ball, even though they had 8 man fronts, we still shoulda pounded it

im just disgusted right now

Smooth Criminal
10-21-2007, 10:44 PM
I thought Ben actually played well. He had to deal with a ridiculous amount of pressure and still drove the ball down the field and got 4 TDs without a stead run game. His second INT was Wards fault because he should have caught that ball.

The blame for this loss has to go on the O-line and the defense. The O-line was bad all night as was the defense. There is no way the Broncos should score 31 points on this defense. That just can't happen. Foote and Smtih both made great plays to get picks but other than that they just let Cutler destroy them. Ike and Townsend look awful trying to cover recievers that wouldn't start for most teams.

I'm starting to think its Shanahan and the system that beats the Steelers more than their players. I'd take our talent over theirs anyday of the week.

Baltimore lost aswell so we still have our .5 game lead. Hopefully they can get their stuff together on D. If our secondary plays like this we'll need Ben to put up 35+ against the Bengals.

skarocksoi
10-21-2007, 10:49 PM
I thought we threw it way too much at the beginning. A couple good runs against what they were throwing at us would have completely demoralized their d and opened up the play action. Ben played pretty good considering, but sometimes he held on to the ball a little too long. If we would have played the whole game like we did in the 4th quarter, we would have won easily.

skarocksoi
10-21-2007, 10:54 PM
The blame for this loss has to go on the O-line and the defense. The O-line was bad all night as was the defense. There is no way the Broncos should score 31 points on this defense. That just can't happen. Foote and Smtih both made great plays to get picks but other than that they just let Cutler destroy them. Ike and Townsend look awful trying to cover recievers that wouldn't start for most teams.

I just dont get the O line. For most of the night they look like crap, with only Mahan and Colon not completely screwing up (from what i could see), but then sometimes they look like the line from our first 3 games. A couple of times they managed to create a solid pocket for Ben, or spring willie for a big run, but for the most part they sucked. They need to develop some cohesion and work together, cause it doesnt seem like one knows what the other is doing.

mikehop05
10-21-2007, 10:59 PM
I thought Ben actually played well. He had to deal with a ridiculous amount of pressure and still drove the ball down the field and got 4 TDs without a stead run game. His second INT was Wards fault because he should have caught that ball.

I'm starting to think its Shanahan and the system that beats the Steelers more than their players. I'd take our talent over theirs anyday of the week.

Baltimore lost aswell so we still have our .5 game lead. Hopefully they can get their stuff together on D. If our secondary plays like this we'll need Ben to put up 35+ against the Bengals.

yeah man i agree, our defense looked downright pitiful, i was really worried about other teams passing on us... historicallyas it seems to be lebeaus downfall... i remember the pats ripping us up about 4 years ago on MNF, ever since then it seems to be the only way teams beat us now

ben had a great game imo, he started off a little spotty but he picked it up... like smooth said only 1 pick was his fault and he takes those shots downfeild every game regardless so we all know its coming...

hopefully now we know we are not the **** and we gotta start bringing our A game when we play legit teams

Hines
10-21-2007, 11:03 PM
we shoulda kept to the run and ran downt he clock when we last scored..i called it and all but we shoulda been more smart about it because i bet if we went into ot, we woulda gotten the ball and won

mikehop05
10-21-2007, 11:09 PM
we shoulda kept to the run and ran downt he clock when we last scored..i called it and all but we shoulda been more smart about it because i bet if we went into ot, we woulda gotten the ball and won

yeah but i mean u cant pick when u score so take it when u can get it

our defense was just **** tonight

Hines
10-21-2007, 11:13 PM
yeah but i mean u cant pick when u score so take it when u can get it

our defense was just **** tonight

thats true but, if we ran with willie more, we coulda shed more time off and used a timeout just in case..heath was open all night, he woulda been open for the td or just run it with davenport..we had to be smart about it

the defence didnt play well, but they didnt play as bad as u guys said..the loss of aaron smith hurt and as soon as he went down, i said that it would be a huge blow to our game..if he was in, i think we woudla won that game...

what we need to improve on is our damn pass blocking, marvel is ****..i honestly think that nobody wanted to play tonite..we knew denver would be jacked up because they honored their teamates and wanted to win it for them, but i thought we would be fired up as well to be concidered elite..do i think we are? yes but we need a lot of work.

i hope we kill cinci, we just gotta take out the douche and big mouth and we are good..i think we win in a shootout

Man_Of_Steel
10-21-2007, 11:25 PM
My mock draft with 3 olineman is looking pretty good right now eh boys.

mikehop05
10-22-2007, 12:08 AM
My mock draft with 3 olineman is looking pretty good right now eh boys.

yeah it is, though i think we need to find a little more depth on the d-line

Man_Of_Steel
10-22-2007, 12:09 AM
yeah it is, though i think we need to find a little more depth on the d-line

I agree, although those 3 oline I would still take in a heartbeat.

mikehop05
10-22-2007, 01:39 AM
I agree, although those 3 oline I would still take in a heartbeat.

yeah, i really like your first day after watching this game

Jakey
10-22-2007, 07:24 AM
That was a fun game to watch, but also pretty depressing at the same time. The O-Line looked terrible for the first 3 quarters and defence was playing too soft.

steelernation77
10-22-2007, 05:41 PM
That was a fun game to watch, but also pretty depressing at the same time. The O-Line looked terrible for the first 3 quarters and defence was playing too soft.

slaughters are fun to watch, that game was about as fun as a heart attack

mikehop05
10-22-2007, 06:26 PM
slaughters are fun to watch, that game was about as fun as a heart attack

yeah i concur

skarocksoi
10-23-2007, 05:22 PM
my heart was racing on that last td. I was praying that it just wasnt intercepted in the endzone. At least we made a show of it and almost pulled off the comeback.

mikehop05
10-23-2007, 05:48 PM
my heart was racing on that last td. I was praying that it just wasnt intercepted in the endzone. At least we made a show of it and almost pulled off the comeback.

what? no faith in ben ? hahah

but yeah i was the same way

brat316
10-23-2007, 05:51 PM
I just wish we wasted more time on that last drive. Stupid Jason Elam