PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Saine

T.Smith
10-18-2007, 01:11 PM
RB for OSU.
I know he is still young(Freshmen) and it is premature, but damn, this kid has a ridiculous amount of Pro potential. The kid has top notch elite speed(holds Ohio highschool record for 100m) and he is a big body(220) and can deliver the big hit and drive the pile for a few extra yards. He has very good hands and OSU has sometimes been lining him up as a WR. Last week he led OSU in both receiving and rushing yards.

So what do you guys think about Brandon Saine as an NFL prospect?

Sniper
10-18-2007, 01:23 PM
RB for OSU.
I know he is still young(Freshmen) and it is premature, but damn, this kid has a ridiculous amount of Pro potential. The kid has top notch elite speed(holds Ohio highschool record for 100m) and he is a big body(220) and can deliver the big hit and drive the pile for a few extra yards. He has very good hands and OSU has sometimes been lining him up as a WR. Last week he led OSU in both receiving and rushing yards.

So what do you guys think about Brandon Saine as an NFL prospect?

I'd like to see him play a little more before I grade him as an NFL prospect. I like him a lot, very explosive. But first, I want to see him get more carries but obviously he's got a very talented back in front of him.

SuperKevin
10-18-2007, 01:28 PM
No offense but I'm sick of Ohio State fans always trying to tell people their freshmen RBs are huge pro prspects. How'd that last guy work out? I think his name was Maurice Clarett

D-Unit
10-18-2007, 01:30 PM
Look at Chris Wells today... :P

Wasn't he the next Eddie George?

Is Antonio Pittman even in the NFL anymore?

Sniper
10-18-2007, 01:35 PM

I think Pittman got cut by the Saints and signed with the Rams after Jackson got hurt.

And Clarett, if he wasn't such a ******* ****** I think he would have been a good back. Unfortunately, I don't think OSU fans are too keen on discussing him.

Sniper
10-18-2007, 01:37 PM

I think Wells is doing pretty well, averaging something like 5.5 ypc, just a tad short of the ridiculous 6 ypc keylime set for him.

SuperKevin
10-18-2007, 01:38 PM
And Clarett, if he wasn't such a ******* ****** I think he would have been a good back. Unfortunately, I don't think OSU fans are too keen on discussing him.

The 4.7 he ran might beg to differ

Sniper
10-18-2007, 01:39 PM
The 4.7 he ran might beg to differ

This is true, but he hadn't played in a while. I don't think he would have run better than a 4.5 as he was more of a power back, but I'll cut him some slack. I mean, all that Grey Goose takes a toll on your wheels sometimes...How could he be expected to train when he was too busy lying to cops and driving around in his "borrowed" cars?

gstock05
10-18-2007, 01:44 PM
Clarett would have won a heisman if he had stayed around longer.

The only other freshman who duplicated his numbers I can ever remember was Adrian Peterson. How many frosh have 1300+ rushing yards despite missing 4 games?

Anyway, Chris Wells has been playing great, he just has been injured.

Third, Brandon Saine is probably a bit shy of 220, more 210-215 i'd say, but nevertheless he has a LOT of pro potential. He actually reminds me of Darren McFadden...just has to work on that stiff arm.

P-L
10-18-2007, 01:58 PM
I think it's insanely early to be talking about a potential 2010/2011 draftee.

Bama37228
10-18-2007, 03:27 PM
does he even have a yard this year ?

ThePudge
10-18-2007, 04:27 PM
does he even have a yard this year ?

He's done well in 3rd string duty and was hurt a bit. 43 car 242 yds 5.6 avg 2 Td; 8 rec 84 yds 1 Td. Not a bad start for a 3rd string Freshman. 9 car 83 yds 1 Td against Washington earlier this season.

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
10-18-2007, 05:08 PM
He's a baller

Race for the Heisman
10-18-2007, 06:02 PM
I really like him. Like others said it is way too early to project as fair as whatever draft he enters, since one season, one game could change everything. That said, he keeps the pads low, drives after contact, is both quick and fast, can do returns, and has good hands. He has a good floor, he's just got to play up to his ceiling to make him the prospect he can be.

TitanHope
10-18-2007, 06:30 PM
Well, he's better than Brandon Insaine!

*badum ching!*

BrownsTown
10-18-2007, 06:48 PM
Even I think it's ridiculous to be talking about this guy as a prospect.

Any OSU RB not named Beanie doesn't really deserve to be talked about as a prospect yet.

keylime_5
10-19-2007, 09:40 AM
Well he's obviously got top 15 potential at 6-1/220/4.35 and great running skills and vision, power, hands, etc. But let's wait until he breaks 3rd string before we worry about him and the draft shall we? He's seen a lot of PT though for a 3rd string guy considering Beanie and Mo Wells play as the first teamers with Beanie not getting the 20+ carries he should through the weak part of the schedule with his bum ankle and all. Definitely looking forward to the next 2 years (and probably last 2 years) of his college career in 2008 and 2009. Beanie and Saine could potentially explode next season with more experience and health.