PDA

View Full Version : Question about Norv Turner

LonghornsLegend
10-18-2007, 08:03 PM
People always talk about how great he is at maturing qb's, and improving young qb's in their growth process...Whats been the problem with him and/or Rivers this year...Rivers has been one of the most accurate qbs to play since he took over, and looked pretty great last year, anyone have any idea why he has looked so horrible this year with Norv there? If anything I expected Rivers to be solid this year with Norv behind him

Moses
10-18-2007, 08:09 PM
People always talk about how great he is at maturing qb's, and improving young qb's in their growth process...Whats been the problem with him and/or Rivers this year...Rivers has been one of the most accurate qbs to play since he took over, and looked pretty great last year, anyone have any idea why he has looked so horrible this year with Norv there? If anything I expected Rivers to be solid this year with Norv behind him

There are always growing pains when a new coach takes over. You have to learn new a new system, terminology, plays, etc. It's especially difficult for young players who haven't adapted to the speed of the NFL yet.

YAYareaRB
10-18-2007, 10:20 PM
Norv Turner.. Great Coordinator/Mediocre Head Coach. I'm just glad we're not the only ones getting screwed over.

San Diego Chicken
10-18-2007, 10:49 PM
Well, I'm not sure this is all Turner's fault. I think Rivers would be the first one to tell you that he's been inconsistent at best and he would blame himself first. Some of the reads he has been making just haven't been good. He's still had moments where he's played well, like in the Packers game and the Broncos game - does Turner get credit for that? Trust me, there was lots of criticism of Turner here in San Diego when the Chargers started 1-3, but now the team has bounced back to 3-3. I don't think we can make a complete evaluation until the season is over.

Green Bay Scat
10-18-2007, 10:52 PM
GET YOUR CAN OF NORVAWAY NOW!!!!!!
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/norvaway.htm

great great great thing, a must watch