PDA

View Full Version : Matt Grothe

supermario86
10-18-2007, 08:52 PM
Your opinions on him?

Tampa 2 4 life
10-18-2007, 08:53 PM
The grohawk is the source of his power.

He's like a more mobile flutie, who's not afraid to take off downfield. Shame about his height, he's 6 feet even.

Philliez01
10-18-2007, 09:01 PM
He is a great College QB already. He has poise, leadership, mobility and short-range accuracy. I haven't seen many a deep-ball from him so I can't judge that aspect of his game. But if his WRs could catch? This kid would be great.

I hate RU being in the same conference, but he is fun to watch.

BuddyCHRIST
10-18-2007, 09:02 PM
he's just a football player, thing is though, in the game against UCF i saw him make some unreal throws. He threw 3 throws in a row on the dead run that were elite NFL level, too bad his recievers flat out dropped two of em. Height definently hurts him as a draft guy.

Green Bay Scat
10-18-2007, 10:47 PM
he doesnt show enough emotion, it almost seems like he doesnt care. Its just me but i want my QB to grab the team by the balls and carry them, not just go, eh i guess i could try to win

Basileus777
10-18-2007, 10:56 PM
He needs to learn to throw away the ball, he probably cost USF the game today by taking numerous sacks that he could have avoided.

His height was an obvious problem tonight as well, he had trouble seeing over the rush.

BuddyCHRIST
10-18-2007, 10:57 PM
USF also did a poor job of play calling though, the entire second half they blitzed, and the coaches never gave him any check down routes.

yo123
10-18-2007, 11:09 PM
Theres no excuse for holding on to the ball as long as he did tonight, that was just terrible. But he did impress me with his accuracy, he hit most of his receivers when they were open, and he's obviously very mobile. But overall he played really bad tonight.

V. Young
10-19-2007, 01:07 PM
Clearly south florida is overrated. I knew they were. whod they honestly beat...west virginia?

Tampa 2 4 life
10-19-2007, 01:08 PM
Clearly south florida is overrated. I knew they were. whod they honestly beat...west virginia?

Auburn at Auburn....

HoopsDemon12
10-19-2007, 01:11 PM

well its not all bad.. there are what 2 undeafeated teams left? 3? they are still in the mix.. its not like rutgers is absolutly terrible.. there is just alot of teams even this year.. there is no clear number 1 team in my mind

yo123
10-19-2007, 05:45 PM

You act like West Virginia isnt a good win....

scottyboy
10-19-2007, 05:47 PM

well, they're over rated, I've been saying that all week, but they beat WVA and Auburn, at Auburn, props for that.

but damn this grothe kid, he's an animal. they ask way too much from him though. He needs better OL, WR and RB's(young talent at RB though)

The thing is, i dont see him being a successful NFL QB, but he's a monster in college, and he scares me.

jballa838
10-19-2007, 07:33 PM
well its not all bad.. there are what 2 undeafeated teams left? 3? they are still in the mix.. its not like rutgers is absolutly terrible.. there is just alot of teams even this year.. there is no clear number 1 team in my mind
4 bro
Hawaii
Arizona State
Boston College
Ohio State

but anyway Grothe is a solid quarterback. too early to tell his status in my mind.

portermvp84
10-20-2007, 03:51 AM
I like him alot, but he stays in the pocket have to long.

JhawkFitness
10-20-2007, 08:25 PM
4 bro
Hawaii
Arizona State
Boston College
Ohio State

but anyway Grothe is a solid quarterback. too early to tell his status in my mind.

Are you sure about that count?

As for Grothe, I like him, reminds me a bit of Vince Young as a player.

Gi-15
10-20-2007, 11:26 PM
He reminds me of Michael Robinson his senior year.

Billingsley26
10-21-2007, 01:14 AM
he doesnt show enough emotion, it almost seems like he doesnt care. Its just me but i want my QB to grab the team by the balls and carry them, not just go, eh i guess i could try to win

This has to be a joke right? Anyone else agree with me, cuz I didnt see an "lol" or "lmao" after this.

This kid can play. Any good offensive coach will tell you to throw the ball where only your WR can get it. He does just that. Doesnt make many errant throws. The one I loved was the 4th down play at the end of the Rutgers game. I think it was hardly a pushoff, but still a pushoff none the less. Great throw tho, put it right where it needed to be. He made some great throws hitting his WR in stride. I like him. Great speed, and a good feel for the pocket nd the pressure around him.

SuperMcGee
10-21-2007, 01:42 AM
4 bro
Hawaii
Arizona State
Boston College
Ohio State

Kansas bro

And don't you forget it!
Why I am rooting for Kansas, I have no idea. I don't like the Big 12 and I definitely don't like their basketball program. They were just fun to watch against all the scrubs they played this year, I hope they can keep it up.

bofadabizzles
10-23-2007, 03:03 AM
Does no one remember Marquel Blackwell?

SuperKevin
10-23-2007, 03:14 AM
I don't like Matt Grothe as a pro prospect because of his size and lack of the internal timing clock every QB should have. There was no excuse for taking those sacks he took.

RyanLeaf#1
10-23-2007, 08:14 AM
I don't like Matt Grothe as a pro prospect because of his size and lack of the internal timing clock every QB should have. There was no excuse for taking those sacks he took.

That sig is a classic.... HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

DChess
10-23-2007, 09:26 AM
comparable to craig krenzel, maybe a little bit faster, but he manages the game. not the best arm, but wont hurt you with it. will run it when needed, i like him as a college QB for a low ranked team, but if i had a top 5 team i wouldnt want him at the helm.

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
10-23-2007, 07:08 PM
Shaun King 2.0

vatech=accdomination
10-24-2007, 10:18 AM
Auburn at Auburn....

that was a completely different team, if they played again, auburn would win.

vatech=accdomination
10-24-2007, 10:19 AM
and matt grother=bryan randall, the way he is playing reminds me exactly of randall.

SeanTaylorRIP
10-24-2007, 03:56 PM
and matt grother=bryan randall, the way he is playing reminds me exactly of randall.

Grothe is a much better runner, Randall was a good scrambler but never had those huge 30+ yard runs Grothe has. Grothe is a much faster and smarter runner. Randall however was much more refined as a passer.