PDA

View Full Version : Eric Young, OG

Smokey Joe
10-18-2007, 10:37 PM
what are you thoughts about him? Guard or tackle? I haven't really seen him play, but how is his quickness and can he pull effectively?

Smokey Joe
10-18-2007, 10:41 PM
also, at this moment, where do you see him getting picked?

Cashmoney
10-19-2007, 12:37 AM
definitely guard. hes probably at most 6'4 on a good day. he seems to be a fairly compitent pass blocker seeing as how tennessee has given up very few sacks this year and considering arian foster isnt the fastest running back id say hes an above average run blocker. probably a third rounder at best though since arron sears was only a second rounder.

TitanHope
10-20-2007, 05:17 PM
He is one of the top run blockers in the league when it comes to interior linemen. He was an offensive tackle, but the coaches switched him to guard. He is still listed as an OT on some sites. He's a good athlete and runs well for his size. I don't know what round he'll go in. It depends on the need at the position by NFL teams, and a guard usually slips into the late first. But I don't know how Young stacks up against the others, so your guess is as good as mine.

bearsfan_51
10-20-2007, 05:27 PM
I've got him as my 2nd or 3rd guard, but still look at him as a 3rd rounder, mostly because there are tackles that will get drafted earlier that can shift down. His prior shoulder surgery may knock him a bit as well.

Smokey Joe
10-20-2007, 05:29 PM
Well, my no. 1 guard right now is Schuening... is he yours to 51?