PDA

View Full Version : Any teams who switched to ZBS this year...

D-Rod
10-19-2007, 08:07 AM
...and are effectively still running it with power-run personnel?

Just curious. Mainly because the Falcons are doing the opposite. And yes, I know it's the no-trade-league, but it just seems such obvious step.

Take Kynan Forney as an example. A very good lineman in a ZBS. Pretty much useless in a power scheme. Surely the converse must apply to a few guys out there.

And yes, I know it's unrealistic, but I'm curious nevertheless.

umphrey
10-19-2007, 10:15 AM
The Pack switched to it a few years ago and drafted for it, but we still suck horribly at running it.

Young Legend
10-19-2007, 12:05 PM
The Raiders..got your Offense line coach tom cable..

Twiddler
10-19-2007, 12:20 PM
The Pack switched to it a few years ago and drafted for it, but we still suck horribly at running it.

We switched to it last year and we actually made improvement last year at the end. Its just struggling now because of a change of coordinators and losing Jagodzinski was a big loss to our running game. Give it some time.

BlindSite
10-20-2007, 09:04 PM
Panthers kind of had light linemen in a power running scheme, with Gross and Wharton being the average size for tackles, but Wahle, formerly Mitchell now Hartwig being slightly undersized for the interior.

Now we run the ZBS and the offense looks world's better. If they could stay on the field (i.e. If we had a QB who could play) their stats would be a lot, lot better.

remix 6
10-20-2007, 09:06 PM
Patriots are still doing both

when Maroney is in..its mostly ZBS while Morris gets power

not sure they do it all in same game but when we went against Bengals and other teams without Maroney..we've used power

Crow
10-20-2007, 09:09 PM
The Raiders..got your Offense line coach tom cable..
And a miracle worker he is. "Bernard" Petrino did himself no favors by cutting this guy loose.

Boston
10-20-2007, 10:15 PM
We switched to it last year and we actually made improvement last year at the end. Its just struggling now because of a change of coordinators and losing Jagodzinski was a big loss to our running game. Give it some time.

Wasn't it the year before?

Twiddler
10-20-2007, 10:36 PM
Wasn't it the year before?

No, it came with McCarthy, so this is it's second year overall. Unless you thought I meant it came this year. And I now do see that this was a thread for teams switching this year but oh well.

TimD
10-20-2007, 10:39 PM
At this point, I can't tell what the Jet OL is trying to do, but it sure as hell ain't blocking...

Shiver
10-20-2007, 10:57 PM
I think the Green Bay Packers are proof that the ZBS does not magically produce a competent running game.

Moses
10-20-2007, 11:13 PM
I think the Green Bay Packers are proof that the ZBS does not magically produce a competent running game.

ZBS gets all this hype in the media since the Broncos and Falcons were using it with great success. It's not that big of deal to me. Every team runs at least a few ZBS plays and it isn't as important schematically as some people think.