PDA

View Full Version : Ravens at Bills

dcarey20
10-19-2007, 06:18 PM
Well we are a bit banged up right now, and it looks like Ray may miss as well. If Ray can't go I hope that Prescott Burgess gets the start. He's been with the team longer than Griesen and did nothing but impress in preseason and camp. I don't really know what will happen if Ray can't go, we may see more 4-3 sets. I just hope he can go. Willis needs to get the ball 25 times, we all know he's anxious to do well against Buffalo. Though he wasn't bad, I'd like to see Kyle improve upon his play in the Ram game. If the pass blocking improves and Kyle doesn't underthrow his deep routes I think we can have a pretty big offensive output. Hopefully Derrick Martin gets the start over Corey Ivy, I really think he could be a stud for us down the road. Anyway, I really think this is a game where we will come out and play really well offensively and defensively.

23-9 Ravens. 1 TD from Kyle, 1 from Willis, 3 FG's from Stover.

SeanTaylorRIP
10-19-2007, 08:49 PM
Quite the confident fan, with the defensive injuries and Trent Edwards live arm with playmakers on the outside and Marshawn Lynch pounding it I am predicting a Ravens loss.

EdReedUnstoppable
10-19-2007, 08:53 PM
I think this will be like the 49ers game, as much as I love Kyle until he proves he can play well away from M&T Ill be nervous. Ill say 12-9 Ravens.

Ravens1991
10-19-2007, 10:10 PM
yes it will be tight if you ask me, I am nervous with all of our injuries and our offense cant score a TD.

EdReedUnstoppable
10-19-2007, 10:18 PM
If Ray don't play then Ill say Marshawn Lynch has a decent day against us with a couple TDs, and Ill say Bills 17-12.

dcarey20
10-19-2007, 10:40 PM
Quite the confident fan, with the defensive injuries and Trent Edwards live arm with playmakers on the outside and Marshawn Lynch pounding it I am predicting a Ravens loss.

Trent Edwards' performance thus far has been overrated by fans and the media. He's done a solid job but I don't know how he overtook Losman. People are acting like he is the savior after a few average to above average performances. As for Lynch, he's been solid, I have liked what I've seen, but it's the same way it was with Willis. The run blocking in Buffalo is very inconsistent and overall a dissapointment, which hurts the run game (3.7 ypc for Lynch). Playmakers on the outside? Lee Evans has been almost nonexistent and I like Roscoe Parrish but I really can't be worried about him against us.

Yes I'm confident about this game. I don't like how the Bills match up with us. I think the D shuts down Lynch and Edwards, and Willis carries the O yet again.

Ravens1991
10-21-2007, 08:44 AM
I am a bit nervous fellas, Heap and C-mac are out, and Ray may be injured, our passing is going to blow like usual but I think Willis gets 100 yards, I think it will be a tight one but we come out victorious.

trkaline
10-21-2007, 09:06 AM
Yea were banged up missing a few ppl, but we will still play Ravens football and we will pull out a win no matter how ugly it is. Willis is gonna show his old team what a mistake it was to get rid of him and I predict im gonna be goin nuts most the game...

Ravens1991
10-21-2007, 09:11 AM
yes he either dominates or gets owned. He better dominate.

trkaline
10-21-2007, 09:42 AM
If he gets shut down, we lose plain and simple...

Ravens1991
10-21-2007, 10:09 AM
yep unless Ed Reed pulls something out of his ass.

Ravens1991
10-21-2007, 11:31 AM
Heap-out
Cmac-out
JO-playing

trkaline
10-21-2007, 11:36 AM
Well that sucks Kyle will be without his favorite target again, Please Billick increase Willis' carries.......

Ravens1991
10-21-2007, 11:37 AM
I hope Willis gets 30 carries, Boller WR are injured and it needs to be a game that Willis dominates.

Ravens1991
10-21-2007, 11:40 AM
they even made a song for Willis McGahee

http://www.willisistrash.com/

trkaline
10-21-2007, 11:42 AM
Im nervous yet still confident if thats possible. Ray is still in, while banged up his presence is still vital to our defensive success...

trkaline
10-21-2007, 11:46 AM
Damn I hate Bills fans why go to that extent if you hated Willis and are glad hes gone?

SuperMcGee
10-21-2007, 11:53 AM
I've brought up that song/site numerous times, with my point being that I hate it.
Their ads are a big joke to pretty much everyone else in Buffalo.

But seriously, tryin to play my city is like tryin to play me.

Ravens1991
10-21-2007, 01:28 PM
haha.

But yea we suck. Boller blows his mechanics are disgusting I guess we will look for a 1st round QB, our whole offense is horrible, thank god our defense didnt let up a TD.

trkaline
10-21-2007, 01:40 PM
Willis Mothafletchers!!!!

dcarey20
10-21-2007, 01:44 PM
HELL YEAH!!! WILLIS! CARRYING US ON HIS BACK!

The best player on the Baltimore Ravens. Where would we be without him today? That run was probably the happiest I've been all year. Stickin it to the Bills.

dcarey20
10-21-2007, 02:03 PM
Corey Ivy is a HORRIBLE starting corner.

trkaline
10-21-2007, 02:06 PM
Agreed....

trkaline
10-21-2007, 02:10 PM
Oh my bad Mcgee I meant I hate the McGahee bashing BIlls fans...

Smooth Criminal
10-21-2007, 02:26 PM
HELL YEAH!!! WILLIS! CARRYING US ON HIS BACK!

The best player on the Baltimore Ravens. Where would we be without him today? That run was probably the happiest I've been all year. Stickin it to the Bills.

You'll see now hes in the lockerroom getting an IV.

bmoreravens5289
10-21-2007, 03:01 PM
Yea uh Boller should have done a QB sneak on that fourth and 1. We had a timeout and two minutes left to score. God dammit.......screw Billick and his playcalling and his inept redzone offense...

Ravens1991
10-21-2007, 03:01 PM
gosh darn it.

This game proved McNair heathly >>>> Boller

Boller isnt the future, he thinks he is a figure skater or something when he passes, he is jumping back on 1 foot throwing with his back foot kicked back. His mechanics were comical.

McGahee was amazing.

Billick had another set of horrible play calls. McGahee busts a long run then the next series we go 3 passes all 3 and outs. I dont get it.

bmoreravens5289
10-21-2007, 03:07 PM
What makes Billick think that Boller can catch a trick pass when he can't even hold on to the damn ball under center...Boller is garbage...Billicks playcalling is garbage...Ivy is garbage.....Sypniewski is garbage....argh

Ravens1991
10-21-2007, 03:09 PM
haha lol.

what would peoples thoughts be if we fire Billick this season?

bmoreravens5289
10-21-2007, 03:17 PM
haha lol.

what would peoples thoughts be if we fire Billick this season?

If we continue to suck like this I would be glad he got fired. He needs to turn this ship around right now if he wants to keep his job

dcarey20
10-21-2007, 03:27 PM
2nd and 1 from the 50 with a little less than 2 minutes left, and we turn it over on downs. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Fire this clown now.

And how exactly did this game prove McNair >>> Boller? No chance we even get back into the game if McNair is starting. Boller made several throws that kept us in the game. The 15 yard TD to Mason, the 4th down conversion to Mason, etc. McNair would never make those throws. Overall, Boller wasn't great, he missed some throws, but he also made some outstanding throws. You talk about him throwing off his back foot and his mechanics sucking. You only see these things when the protection sucks. If he has time, he stands in there and makes plays. Boller did nothing to make me want McNair to be the starter. The playcalling was terrible yet again, Billick needs to go. I feel sorry for Willis McGahee. He carries this team week after week.

COREY IVY is absolutely horrible. He has no business doing anything other than playing the nickel. Sit him down and let Martin play.

Happy with:

Samari Rolle
Willis McGahee
Derrick Mason
Mark Clayton
Haloti Ngata
Ray Lewis

Disgusted with:

Corey Ivy
Brian Billick
The team's cocky attitude...thinking they can come into any team's house and just win without trying.

mikehop05
10-21-2007, 03:32 PM
wellll the ravens lost me about 150$

last time i ever bet on them

SeanTaylorRIP
10-21-2007, 03:33 PM
Willis gets 19 carries and Boller throws 36 passes, right, and Billick isn't crazy. I would have had Boller throw 15 passes max.

trkaline
10-21-2007, 03:41 PM
I take back anything and everything I said pro Boller last week...with our QB situation I want 100% Rush Offense...and Billick..WTF IS YOUR ****** PROBLEM?! He needs to wear a special helmet, 4th and 1 doin screens. PLEASE Front office hire an offensive Coordinator soon, and splurge dammit this just isn't working.

SeanTaylorRIP
10-21-2007, 03:46 PM
Everyone can say what they want about McNair but he was completing 65% of his passes and converting on 3rd downs, on a side note Derrick Mason is such a beast, and Samari was clutch on that INT. Sypnewski though fumbled in the first half and Yamon did nothing in the return game.

Ravens1991
10-21-2007, 04:06 PM
2nd and 1 from the 50 with a little less than 2 minutes left, and we turn it over on downs. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Fire this clown now.

And how exactly did this game prove McNair >>> Boller? No chance we even get back into the game if McNair is starting. Boller made several throws that kept us in the game. The 15 yard TD to Mason, the 4th down conversion to Mason, etc. McNair would never make those throws. Overall, Boller wasn't great, he missed some throws, but he also made some outstanding throws. You talk about him throwing off his back foot and his mechanics sucking. You only see these things when the protection sucks. If he has time, he stands in there and makes plays. Boller did nothing to make me want McNair to be the starter. The playcalling was terrible yet again, Billick needs to go. I feel sorry for Willis McGahee. He carries this team week after week.

COREY IVY is absolutely horrible. He has no business doing anything other than playing the nickel. Sit him down and let Martin play.

Happy with:

Samari Rolle
Willis McGahee
Derrick Mason
Mark Clayton
Haloti Ngata
Ray Lewis

Disgusted with:

Corey Ivy
Brian Billick
The team's cocky attitude...thinking they can come into any team's house and just win without trying.

It prooved that McNair has a clue what to do. All game it was Boller flopping around like a Balerina. He needs to get his feet planted even when there is pressure. McNair was completing 65% like Sermon said, he is better for a ball control offense that we run.

EdReedUnstoppable
10-21-2007, 08:05 PM
gosh darn it.

This game proved McNair heathly >>>> Boller

Boller isnt the future, he thinks he is a figure skater or something when he passes, he is jumping back on 1 foot throwing with his back foot kicked back. His mechanics were comical.

McGahee was amazing.

Billick had another set of horrible play calls. McGahee busts a long run then the next series we go 3 passes all 3 and outs. I dont get it.

How so? Show me a game this year where Steve got us in the endzone and didn't turn the ball over.

EdReedUnstoppable
10-21-2007, 08:07 PM
And also.....healthy or not in his prime or not McNair could never make the throw Boller made on the TD to Mason.

Ravens1991
10-21-2007, 09:00 PM
ok 1 play.

Boller makes Jake Plummer look like he is cool and composed

Boller mechanics are a ballet of "I dont know what the hell I am doing"

McNair had a TD or 2 I believe against ARI

McNair is also a team leader and brings more expierence and composure then Boller ever will.

But dont start thinking that I think McNair is good, McNair sucks but he is better then Boller.

dcarey20
10-21-2007, 09:20 PM
But dont start thinking that I think McNair is good, McNair sucks but he is better then Boller.

I'm in the same boat to an extent. I like Boller, but not to the level of BigDawg or ERU. My support for Boller is more because of my opinion of McNair, who I think is dreadful and is taking us nowhere.

As for Boller today, it was more than 1 play. He made a great 18 yard pass on 4th down to Demetrius Williams, again, one that you may be able to argue that McNair couldn't have made. He made some nice throws on short routes that gave receivers a chance to run because of how fast Boller got it out.

Here's my assessment of Boller:

Today was a day that we've seen a lot of with Kyle Boller. He did things that make him look like an MVP, and he did things that make him look like a third stringer. The touchdown pass to Mason was probably the best I've ever seen Boller make. Ever. It was about as clutch as it could get on 4th and 10, and he fit it through two guys. Overall, I felt his intermediate/long passes to the receivers and Sypniewski were good. There were two things today that we've seen alot of in the past that he needs to get better at. He needs to find a way to have less of his passes tipped, and he needs to be more efficient on swing/screen passes to backs. Passes being batted or tipped has a bit to do with his low release, but Boller can reduce the amount of times this happens by not staring down his receiver. This has been a problem since his rookie year, and it needs to change. And on passes to his backs, I don't know what it is, but he isn't able to get the touch needed on them and he does a poor job of leading them. As for his mechanics and footwork, there really isn't a huge problem with them unless he is getting pressured. That's when you see alot of the throwing off his back foot, and I can't really fault him for it. If he had protection and he was doing it, it would irritate me, but everytime I saw major flaws with his mechanics today, it was because of poor pass protection.

So, if I had to grade Boller today, it'd probably be a C+. He didn't play great, but he did enough to confirm my feeling that he is the best option for this team at quarterback right now.

trkaline
10-21-2007, 09:24 PM
Yeah well its business as usual for the Ravens will we ever have a good QB?
Or are we destined to always try and make whatever mistake we signed work.

Ravens1991
10-21-2007, 09:28 PM
Sometimes I wonder if Billick cursed us after letting Trent Dilfer go the way he did. But I am wierd like that.

I think you made a good assesment about Boller Dcarey, but on that 4th and w/e after the Rolle INT he did hold onto that ball long then threw it to D-will. It showed Billick on the sideline screaming NO with is hands in the air. I dont think Boller ever becames anything more then a Jake Plummer if he gets into the right scheme like Plummer in DEN.

TSC!

FLABillsFan
10-21-2007, 09:28 PM
Good game ya'll.

Ravens1991
10-21-2007, 09:33 PM
McGahee averaged 6 YPC, that is amazing with that run blocking, every other play he was swarmed by the d-line.

Billick is a dunce, it isnt that hard to figure it out that McGahee is amazing and a elite back, he needs the football 25 times a game. He is actually a RB that gets better when the game goes on, not Jamal.

At least McGahee shut up the haters.