PDA

View Full Version : Will OSU go undefeated? Who will beat them?

Xiomera
10-20-2007, 11:23 AM
Ohio State is about the only undefeated team that can make a legitimate claim at being one of the two best teams in the country.

But will they lose? If they do lose, its almost a certainty that they do not make the Championship game . . .

Here is their remaining schedule:

Oct 20 vs. Michigan State
Oct 27 @ Penn State
Nov 3rd vs. Wisconsin
Nov 10 vs. Illinois
Nov 17 @ Michigan

BrownsTown
10-20-2007, 11:28 AM
I think they'll lose Nov. 10 vs Illinois. I think they'll definately beat Wisconsin and Penn St. but could lose at Michigan or Michigan State.

Xiomera
10-20-2007, 11:30 AM
Call me crazy, but I am predicting an upset today against Michigan State.

I think they will ultimately lose two of these games.

BrownsTown
10-20-2007, 11:32 AM
Call me crazy, but I am predicting an upset today against Michigan State.

I think they will ultimately lose two of these games.

I could definately see it happening. Michigan State is a good team that seems to be flying under the radar. I seriously doubt they get through this stretch undefeated; all the teams on their remaining schedule were ranked at some point this season.

Freddy G
10-20-2007, 11:35 AM
I see Illinois being our toughest game, followed by Michigan. If we get by Illinois, i think we have a good chance. I am on the fence too, almost ready to pick Illinois.

Xiomera
10-20-2007, 11:40 AM
The poll has already brought out the OSU homers . . .

lqtm

BrownsTown
10-20-2007, 11:42 AM

lqtm

I restrained myself. And nice Demetri Martin reference.

Xiomera
10-20-2007, 11:44 AM
I restrained myself. And nice Demetri Martin reference.

You are the first person to ever recognize that. I put it after a lot of my posts. http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/forum/images/icons/icon7.gif

jballa838
Michigan will not lose to them. its in Chad Henne's genetics that he cannot beat OSU.
I say the Illini

Xiomera
Michigan will not lose to them. its in Chad Henne's genetics that he cannot beat OSU.
I say the Illini

That is contradictory. Or are you predicting that Mallett gets te start that week?

Geo
10-20-2007, 11:59 AM
They will run the table, hence why I've been saying I think the National Championship will be Ohio State vs. LSU. I think LSU wins that game though.

jballa838
10-20-2007, 12:02 PM
That is contradictory. Or are you predicting that Mallett gets te start that week?
sorry i typed fast. I meant to say the illini will beat them, but michigan wont.

soybean
10-20-2007, 12:13 PM

lqtm

lol, yeah. hilarious.

keylime_5
10-20-2007, 01:00 PM
Running the table baby. Defense is too good for Penn State or Illinois and Tressel has Michigan's #.

mqtirishfan
10-20-2007, 03:13 PM
I'm calling an upset by Penn State.

Geo
10-20-2007, 03:15 PM
Penn State's defense will have to play like it did early in the year as opposed to the last few games. It's a night game in Happy Valley, I'd agree it's the best chance to knock off Ohio State.

I'm not as sold on Michigan beating them, even though the game is in Ann Arbor I believe. Especially considering Michael Hart will be running on fumes then.

doingthisinsteadofwork
10-20-2007, 04:09 PM
I dont think OSU is one of the two best teams in the country.id take at least 5 teams over them.But I can see them going undefeated with the schedule they have untill the NC at least.

yo123
10-20-2007, 04:39 PM
As of now I think they are the best team in the country. They could have trouble against Michigan or Illinois, but I really think theyre going to run the table.

They were very underrated in the preseason because of who they lost on offense, but this defense is simply dominate against the run and the pass.

keylime_5
10-20-2007, 05:46 PM
Penn State certainly has a golden oppurtunity to pull the upset at home at night....But PSU's defense has not been as solid as they should be against Illinois and Indiana and Michigan so far this year. They're D always tend to show up against OSU, but even so I don't think Morelli will sniff the endzone against the silver bullets.

gstock05
10-20-2007, 06:43 PM
We gave up only 3 points to a pretty good offensive MSU team.

Yeah, the score was 17-24, but had it not been for 2 fluke-like offensive plays, it would have been around 31-3. Defense stifled MSU.... Best d' since 2002, possibly better than the 2002 team even...

TigerBait45
10-20-2007, 07:48 PM
Penn State.

That game is just built to be a trap.

BrownsTown
10-20-2007, 07:49 PM
Penn State.

That game is just built to be a trap.

The problem in this is that Penn State sucks massive balls.

P-L
10-20-2007, 08:23 PM
I don't they'll go undefeated. They almost choked away today's game.

yo123
10-20-2007, 09:47 PM
We gave up only 3 points to a pretty good offensive MSU team.

Yeah, the score was 17-24, but had it not been for 2 fluke-like offensive plays, it would have been around 31-3. Defense stifled MSU.... Best d' since 2002, possibly better than the 2002 team even...

I really wish people would stop calling turnovers "flukes" Its part of the game, and most of the time if you dont commit them you win.They are not flukes. They are either mistakes by your offense or good plays by the defense. They are not an excuse for almost losing a game to a far inferior team.

duckseason
10-20-2007, 09:51 PM
I really wish people would stop calling turnovers "flukes" Its part of the game, and most of the time if you dont commit them you win.They are not flukes. They are either mistakes by your offense or good plays by the defense. They are not an excuse for almost losing a game to a far inferior team.
Not an excuse, but an explanation. Superior teams often lose by making uncharacteristic mistakes. Sometimes turnovers are quite flukish. Like what happened in the Oregon-Cal game. That was definitely a fluke.

yo123
10-20-2007, 09:52 PM
Not an excuse, but an explanation. Superior teams often lose by making uncharacteristic mistakes. Sometimes turnovers are quite flukish. Like what happened in the Oregon-Cal game. That was definitely a fluke.

But isnt it kind of strange that almost every single time a superior team loses to another team because of turnovers, their fans blame it on turnovers? It definetly isnt the reason every time.

duckseason
10-20-2007, 10:07 PM
But isnt it kind of strange that almost every single time a superior team loses to another team because of turnovers, their fans blame it on turnovers? It definetly isnt the reason every time.
True, but turnovers are huge. I've seen many games decided by key turnovers. Sometimes it's the fault of the offense, sometimes it's a great play by the defense, and sometimes it's just a fluke. Turnovers come in all shapes and sizes, but you're right, you can't blame anybody but yourself for a loss. Well, other than the occasional game that the refs decide to give away. We've all seen that happen many times as well.

Geo
10-20-2007, 10:19 PM
Maybe what he meant to say was that the final score was much closer than the game ever was, thanks to two scores by the Spartans defense.

yourfavestoner
10-21-2007, 03:38 AM
They'll run the table in a terrible conference again, but put them in the SEC or Pac-10 and they're likely just another two loss team. Hell, their team this year isn't even as good as last year's NC quad.

With all the upsets this year, college football has never needed a playoff system more desperately than it does now. I might have to kill myself if there's an OSU/BC National Championship game.

Geo
10-29-2007, 12:06 AM
Two teams down so far.

RockJock07
10-29-2007, 01:15 AM
I know OSU got it handed to them by florida, but if they play an LSU i think the game is much closer then it was in the Champ. game. LSU runs a different, more pro-style, which suit OSU's defense.

I still think OSU goes to the champ game but who they play is anyone's guess.

keylime_5
10-29-2007, 09:19 AM
I know OSU got it handed to them by florida, but if they play an LSU i think the game is much closer then it was in the Champ. game. LSU runs a different, more pro-style, which suit OSU's defense.

I still think OSU goes to the champ game but who they play is anyone's guess.

I agree that the Florida game was kinda a fluke (bad matchups, bad prep, LSU would be different)....but the BCS NC this year is in New Orleans (very close to LSU) and Ohio State for some reason never beats SEC teams (where as I think most every other good Big Ten school usually does beat them).

I think OSU runs the table, but I think LSU and BC both lose. That would put either Oklahoma, or the ASU/Oregon winner in the NC, crazy.

portermvp84
10-29-2007, 10:19 AM
I think they'll go undeafted, Michigan and Wisconsin will put up a fight but they'll will come out on top.

Iamcanadian
10-29-2007, 10:24 AM
I dont think OSU is one of the two best teams in the country.id take at least 5 teams over them.But I can see them going undefeated with the schedule they have untill the NC at least.

I agree that they may not deserve to be in the NC game but that is how the game is played and they are lucking out with their schedule. However, I give them a huge emotional edge over anybody they play in the NC game. Their coaches, family and friends will be reminding them of last year's debacle against Florida and I would expect them to use that emotional edge to blow out whoever they play.

bored of education
10-29-2007, 10:26 AM
UNDEEFEATED and beat Oklahoma in the BCS Championship.

soybean
10-29-2007, 01:59 PM
I hope they go undefeated and then get creamed by LSU in the NC.

that'll teach them...

Chaucer
10-29-2007, 02:26 PM
Just wondering, but when was Tressel hired? I dont feel like looking it up.

I was thinking has Tressel beat Carr outside of 02 without a Athletic QB?

Edit: He beat Carr in 2001, but I dont know who was QB? Krenzel?

If not I really think Michigan will win this game as they have been near perfect (1 loss vs USC) against average/above average qbs that pose no giant thread to run under English.

But if Tressel runs some kind of spread type offense Michigan will probably get ass raped like they do against any team that runs a spread.

Sniper
10-29-2007, 03:02 PM
November 17th at Michigan :)

Sniper
10-29-2007, 03:04 PM
They'll run the table in a terrible conference again, but put them in the SEC or Pac-10 and they're likely just another two loss team. Hell, their team this year isn't even as good as last year's NC quad.

With all the upsets this year, college football has never needed a playoff system more desperately than it does now. I might have to kill myself if there's an OSU/BC National Championship game.

I don't get how the Big 10 is so awful for beating up on itself, but when the SEC does it, it's "OMG THE CONFERENCE IS SO TOUGH". But hey let's give Kentucky a free pass for losing to Mississippi State.

duckseason
10-29-2007, 03:56 PM
I don't get how the Big 10 is so awful for beating up on itself, but when the SEC does it, it's "OMG THE CONFERENCE IS SO TOUGH". But hey let's give Kentucky a free pass for losing to Mississippi State.

Thing is, the Big10 doesn't beat up on itself. There are a few teams that beat up on the patsies all year long while competing with each other, but the entire conference doesn't beat up on each other to the degree that you'll see in the SEC or Pac10. As a whole, the Big10 is comparatively weak this year. It's tough to refute that while wearing a straight face.

Mississippi St is far superior to the likes of Northwestern and Minnesota. The Bulldogs are actually a pretty good team and have been proving it all year long. Inconsistent, but competitive and definitely on the rise. An elite team playing a Big10 schedule has a much easier road to undefeated land than a team in the Pac10 or SEC does. I think that's pretty obvious right now.

Chaucer
10-29-2007, 04:48 PM
Thing is, the Big10 doesn't beat up on itself. There are a few teams that beat up on the patsies all year long while competing with each other, but the entire conference doesn't beat up on each other to the degree that you'll see in the SEC or Pac10. As a whole, the Big10 is comparatively weak this year. It's tough to refute that while wearing a straight face.

Mississippi St is far superior to the likes of Northwestern and Minnesota. The Bulldogs are actually a pretty good team and have been proving it all year long. Inconsistent, but competitive and definitely on the rise. An elite team playing a Big10 schedule has a much easier road to undefeated land than a team in the Pac10 or SEC does. I think that's pretty obvious right now.

Here are all the impressive non-conf games of the SEC this year:

Tennesse gets beat by Cal.
Alabama gets beat by FSU.
Auburn gets beat by USF.
Ole Miss gets beat by Missouri.
USC slips by UNC(2-5) by a whopping 6 points.
Florida beat Troy, but gave up 31 in their hardest Non-conference game.

Kentucky beats Louisville barely. Even though Louisville looks like ****.
Georgia beat K-state by a few.
Auburn beat OSU(oklahoma).
LSU raped Va-tech.

I'm impressed by its domination of the weaker conferences.

This thread is now about the SEC btw.

keylime_5
10-29-2007, 09:24 PM
Just wondering, but when was Tressel hired? I dont feel like looking it up.

I was thinking has Tressel beat Carr outside of 02 without a Athletic QB?

Edit: He beat Carr in 2001, but I dont know who was QB? Krenzel?

If not I really think Michigan will win this game as they have been near perfect (1 loss vs USC) against average/above average qbs that pose no giant thread to run under English.

But if Tressel runs some kind of spread type offense Michigan will probably get ass raped like they do against any team that runs a spread.

Steve Bellisari was our QB in 2001 and he was drafted as a safety in the NFL so he was athletic, but he didn't play against Michigan in 2001, Krenzel did b/c Steve was suspended for a DUI. In 2001 he beat Michigan by running Jonathan Wells up the gut a whole bunch, in 2002 he beat them by using Maurice Clarett and his amazing 7 ypc. In 2004 he beat them with Troy's feet, in 2005 and 2006 with Troy's arm. He doesn't need an athletic QB to beat Michigan, he has the best defense in the land, WRs that mismatch the UM secondary, and a big back (OSU's big backs have always fared well vs Carr).

keylime_5
10-29-2007, 09:26 PM
Here are all the impressive non-conf games of the SEC this year:

Tennesse gets beat by Cal.
Alabama gets beat by FSU.
Auburn gets beat by USF.
Ole Miss gets beat by Missouri.
USC slips by UNC(2-5) by a whopping 6 points.
Florida beat Troy, but gave up 31 in their hardest Non-conference game.

Kentucky beats Louisville barely. Even though Louisville looks like ****.
Georgia beat K-state by a few.
Auburn beat OSU(oklahoma).
LSU raped Va-tech.

I'm impressed by its domination of the weaker conferences.

This thread is now about the SEC btw.

Not to mention Arkansas' beating vs USC last year, and a few years back when Auburn had a home and home vs Southern Cal and got murdered. The SEC is the best conference like I said, but not b/c their teams are better, rather that they have fewer bad teams. SEC fans and the media totally overrate that league.

jballa838
10-29-2007, 09:36 PM
i say osu loses in the championship game.
bad
like 41-10.

Turtlepower
10-29-2007, 09:45 PM
i say osu loses in the championship game.
bad
like 41-10.

To Arizona State =D

fenikz
10-29-2007, 09:58 PM
The Pac-10 is 18-8 in non-conference games

jballa838
10-29-2007, 10:09 PM
The Pac-10 is 18-8 in non-conference games
including a 40 point drubbing of Big 10 power michigan, and a 30 point massacre of a storied program in the Big 12 by a USC team in Nebraska's house.
throw in an overrated Cal team over tennesse and you have dominance

Chaucer
10-29-2007, 10:15 PM
including a 40 point drubbing of Big 10 power michigan, and a 30 point massacre of a storied program in the Big 12 by a USC team in Nebraska's house.
throw in an overrated Cal team over tennesse and you have dominanceNebraska doesnt count...

gstock05
10-29-2007, 10:18 PM
USC beating nebraska does not count as an impressive win.... Sorry.

jballa838
10-29-2007, 10:22 PM
well if the Big 12 would challenge a team from the pac 10 i could have one.

Sniper
10-29-2007, 10:32 PM
throw in an overrated Cal team over tennesse and you have dominance

Hey hey hey hey....32 points to Michigan, *****! ;)

jballa838
10-29-2007, 10:47 PM
Hey hey hey hey....32 points to Michigan, *****! ;)
sorry. i forgot the score
and for some reason you'd be the first in here to defend it. but whats done is done right?
besides, if Michigan beats tOSU they can make a real nice bowl game.

Solomon
11-08-2007, 11:58 AM
I just realized that Ohio State only has 3 senior starters (including their punter and kicker) RT Barton, OLB Larry Grant and their FB. It's possible that Laurinaitis, Jenkins, Gholston and Boone might leave as underclassmen but even their departure would mean that OSU would have 15 returning starters next year. Not only do I think OSU will go undefeated this year I think they'll go undefeated next year as well.

RoyHall#1
11-08-2007, 12:13 PM
Yeah, next year is definitely looking bright. Think of what OSU would be like next year if everyone stayed in school. One of the best teams in NCAAF history?

Sniper
11-08-2007, 12:14 PM
sorry. i forgot the score
and for some reason you'd be the first in here to defend it. but whats done is done right?
besides, if Michigan beats tOSU they can make a real nice bowl game.

I was just kidding man. It's an ass kicking either way, I'm not defending it.

If Michigan beats Wisconsin and Ohio State, we're going to the Rose Bowl probably.

Sniper
11-08-2007, 12:15 PM
I just realized that Ohio State only has 3 senior starters (including their punter and kicker) RT Barton, OLB Larry Grant and their FB. It's possible that Laurinaitis, Jenkins, Gholston and Boone might leave as underclassmen but even their departure would mean that OSU would have 15 returning starters next year. Not only do I think OSU will go undefeated this year I think they'll go undefeated next year as well.

From everything I hear, Malcolm Jenkins is a sure bet to be gone. But yes, they should be nasty again next year.

Iamcanadian
11-08-2007, 12:16 PM

They are definitely a year ahead of schedule. If they all return, Ohio St. will have 21 returning starters and as long as their QB continues to develope, they could be really something next year. However don't count out Florida, USC and Oklahoma. Most of their players return as well.

gstock05
11-08-2007, 12:56 PM
Our defense will be good next year, but our offense will be GREAT next year returning a healthy Beanie Wells, Boeckman, and a full wide receiver corps.

Shane P. Hallam
11-08-2007, 03:53 PM
Ohio State Iz Soooo Gudz!!11111 Omg!!!!11111 We Wud Beet Da Patroits!!!!11111!1

soybean
11-08-2007, 03:56 PM
they'll probably go undefeated and go to the NC but I don't think they stand a chance in the NC no matter who they play, most likely LSU.

keylime_5
11-08-2007, 06:21 PM
LSU either did lose or almost lose their last 4 games. I think either Arkansas or the east team in the SEC Championship will upset LSU and knock the SEC out of the National Championship picture all together. Even if they did win out, LSU doesn't have Jarvis Moss, Derrick Harvey, or anyone like that on the edge to blow by Boone and Barton. Jim Tressel is on a mission and will not let the Florida fluke happen again. I've been watching Ohio State for a while, and this year's team looks like the best we've had possibly, simply because they don't take games off like they did every other year (even last year vs. Illinois, Cincinnati, etc), and they seem to play way better against good teams that they do against cupcakes which is a good sign. I know they play an easy schedule this year, but even in years when they played a tough schedule they didn't look as good as they do this season against the non-heavyweights. If it is a LSU/OSU NC the only way I see LSU beating us is from the 50 day layoff or the fact that the game is in Louisiana.

Last year's NC game ruined the perspective on Ohio State, but we are still one of the fastest teams in the country (even freakin' Urban Meyer acknowledged this), and it's not like we haven't won a National Championship in 2002 against the "fastest team in the country" that year when our team was significantly slower -at least on defense- than this year's squad.

NYGibril28
11-08-2007, 06:22 PM
You are the first person to ever recognize that. I put it after a lot of my posts. http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/forum/images/icons/icon7.gif

Ha, i use lqtm all the time. Even in real life. I think it's safe to say that me, you and BT are the biggest D-Mart homers out there.

NYGibril28
11-08-2007, 06:23 PM
As far as OSU going undefeated, I say no. They will lose in the National Championship too....

THE DUCKS!

Scotty D
11-08-2007, 06:23 PM
Jim Tressel is on a mission and will not let the Florida fluke happen again.

Fluke? How was that whipping a fluke?

keylime_5
11-08-2007, 06:26 PM
As for 2008, they play at USC but we get everyone back except Larry Grant, Kirk Barton, Dionte Johnson, and whoever leaves early. I think Vernon Gholston, Malcolm Jenkins, and maybe Laurinaitis leave early, but not to worry, Lawrence Wilson returns at DE next year, Chimdi Chekwa looks really good at the vacant CB spot, and Austin Spitler is gonna explode at MLB next year, he is first team all big ten waiting to happen. The defense might be as good or better next year. As for on offense everybody is back basically save our RT and the guys back are a year more experienced. Plus what is gonna wind up being the #1 rated recruting class in the nation will come aboard next season too. It would be crazy if OSU won the NC this year and then ran the table next season too...after all the crap we get from the media but they don't realize that we are arguably the most deep and talented team in the country regardless of our schedule this year.

keylime_5
11-08-2007, 06:29 PM
Fluke? How was that whipping a fluke?

Horrible matchup for OSU, the two speed rushers off the edge were the perfect storm....add that to Ted Ginn getting hurt after the opening KO, the terrible protection schemes by the coaches that made Troy Smith a nonfactor, we had a 50 or 60 day layoff, and the lousy defense we had last year (esp. in the deep secondary). This year the LBs are a year older and much much better, the secondary has gone from a weakness to the best secondary in the country (Washington and Russell have emerged as stars), and Boeckman's pocket prescence and height this year make up for the deficiencies Smith had in last year's NC game. Not gonna say we should've won, Florida was the best team last year, but it was a fluke, a perfect storm or whatever, LSU is not the same thing.

For some odd reason every other team in the Big Ten beats up on the SEC almost every year in bowls usually, but Ohio State has never beaten one in like 7 tries or so. That's kinda a flukey thing too, bad matchups or playing the SEC teams in years when we're mediocre (1994, 2000, 2001 we were very mediocre) plus in 1995 we had to play Peyton Manning in the rain in the south and they had longer cleats when we have short cleats (cheaters!). It's not like the SEC is any good out of conference this year at all though save the LSU/VaTech game. The SEC out of confernce this year has been lousy.

gstock05
11-09-2007, 12:54 AM
Horrible matchup for OSU, the two speed rushers off the edge were the perfect storm....add that to Ted Ginn getting hurt after the opening KO, the terrible protection schemes by the coaches that made Troy Smith a nonfactor, we had a 50 or 60 day layoff, and the lousy defense we had last year (esp. in the deep secondary). This year the LBs are a year older and much much better, the secondary has gone from a weakness to the best secondary in the country (Washington and Russell have emerged as stars), and Boeckman's pocket prescence and height this year make up for the deficiencies Smith had in last year's NC game. Not gonna say we should've won, Florida was the best team last year, but it was a fluke, a perfect storm or whatever, LSU is not the same thing.

For some odd reason every other team in the Big Ten beats up on the SEC almost every year in bowls usually, but Ohio State has never beaten one in like 7 tries or so. That's kinda a flukey thing too, bad matchups or playing the SEC teams in years when we're mediocre (1994, 2000, 2001 we were very mediocre) plus in 1995 we had to play Peyton Manning in the rain in the south and they had longer cleats when we have short cleats (cheaters!). It's not like the SEC is any good out of conference this year at all though save the LSU/VaTech game. The SEC out of confernce this year has been lousy.

Jarvis Moss wouldn't have been a problem if Boone hadn't gained 30 pounds in winter. Needless to say, barton and him are NEVER going that route again.

Another note to behold about the Florida Game...

Urban Meyer added in offensive schemes that were not used at all during the entire season. OSU was set for the game plan, and had Florida played the same game plan they did all year, they woulda been screwed. However, florida implemented completely new schemes on defense and offense specifically for Ohio State.

Needless to say, beyond that, OSU's weaknesses last year were short passing routes and outside runs... exactly where Florida excelled.

It really was a perfect storm, and nothing to do with talent, but more underprepared-ness, and bad execution.

Wont happen again.

Sniper
11-09-2007, 07:43 AM
Wont happen again.

My opinion on Ohio State is well-documented, but I have to agree here. Ohio State was not nearly as bad a team as they showed last year in the NC. And if anyone thinks Jim Tressel would let that happen to his team two years straight, they probably need their head examined.

Sveen
11-09-2007, 08:47 AM
They lose to Michigan.

soily
11-09-2007, 11:05 PM
Let's try and guess how this will go down, since it happened just last year. OSU gets to the title game and gets destroyed by a high power offense like oregon or oklahoma who has way more team speed. I can't wait to see OSU embarrass themselves again on the national stage. When are people going to realize the Big 10 is just plain bad. Maybe after a few more losses to D2 teams I guess.

OhioState
11-10-2007, 09:37 AM
Let's try and guess how this will go down, since it happened just last year. OSU gets to the title game and gets destroyed by a high power offense like oregon or oklahoma who has way more team speed. I can't wait to see OSU embarrass themselves again on the national stage. When are people going to realize the Big 10 is just plain bad. Maybe after a few more losses to D2 teams I guess.

oklahoma? more team speed? are you kidding me. Our defense has easily as much if not more speed than their offense. have you watched us play this year? i'm guessing no.

Sniper
11-10-2007, 10:01 AM

I suppose we use one game as a precedent to assume dumb **** for the rest of eternity. Ohio State has plenty of team speed. It's a documented fact that Ohio State's average 40 time is faster than LSU's and Florida's. Enough with the ******** "speed" argument when there isn't one. Ohio State had a long layoff last year, got cocky and overconfident, Barton and Boone thought it'd be a great idea to hit Old Country Buffett 5x a day every day before they faced two good speed rushers and they lost Ted Ginn. Stop assuming because of one game, it will always happen.

soily
11-10-2007, 03:02 PM
I suppose we use one game as a precedent to assume dumb **** for the rest of eternity. Ohio State has plenty of team speed. It's a documented fact that Ohio State's average 40 time is faster than LSU's and Florida's. Enough with the ******** "speed" argument when there isn't one. Ohio State had a long layoff last year, got cocky and overconfident, Barton and Boone thought it'd be a great idea to hit Old Country Buffett 5x a day every day before they faced two good speed rushers and they lost Ted Ginn. Stop assuming because of one game, it will always happen.

I love big 10 excuse makers, your opinion means nothing, it's too jaded.

Sniper
11-10-2007, 03:11 PM
I love big 10 excuse makers, your opinion means nothing, it's too jaded.

Your rep doesn't do anything by the way, so it's useless using it. It's not excuses, it's facts bud.

soily
11-10-2007, 04:49 PM
Your rep doesn't do anything by the way, so it's useless using it. It's not excuses, it's facts bud.

Nice effort today by you Wolverines bud. Oh wow and the Buckeyes are going down too. Bye bye Big 10!

Sniper
11-10-2007, 04:57 PM
Nice effort today by you Wolverines bud. Oh wow and the Buckeyes are going down too. Bye bye Big 10!

Yes, it's always nice to talk **** when a team had to play with a freshman QB.

BigJohn98
11-10-2007, 05:28 PM
No, they won't go undefeated. They will lose to Illinois.

Komp
11-10-2007, 05:33 PM
Yah I'll go with that too lol....

soybean
11-10-2007, 05:38 PM
Wont happen again.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....

gstock05
11-10-2007, 06:11 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....

Never said they won't lose again...

Just saying we won't get blown out in a bowl game in that manner again..

soybean
11-10-2007, 06:14 PM
Never said they won't lose again...

Just saying we won't get blown out in a bowl game in that manner again..

sorry that was pretty classless. I was just so happy that OSU lost so we might have a chance for a pac-10 rep in the NC.

now let's just hope for a USC/OSU rosebowl.

BrownsTown
11-10-2007, 06:15 PM
I've never been less happy to be right in my life.

soybean
11-10-2007, 06:16 PM
I've never been less happy to be right in my life.

you called it. Should've never said anything or knocked on wood, threw salt over the shoulder, etc etc.

BrownsTown
11-10-2007, 06:24 PM
you called it. Should've never said anything or knocked on wood, threw salt over the shoulder, etc etc.

Guess so. Tressel killed us again. The defensive playcalling, the damn timeout when they're about to punt, give them a chance to get the call in and make on 4th down. Buckeyes didn't see the ball again. Not challenging on the clear fumble which would have taken away the TD, etc. Damnit.

soily
11-10-2007, 07:12 PM
Yes, it's always nice to talk **** when a team had to play with a freshman QB.

Excuses again

Sniper
11-10-2007, 07:14 PM
Excuses again

Or facts, either way.

soily
11-10-2007, 07:20 PM
your facts = excuses, either way

yourfavestoner
11-10-2007, 07:25 PM
I'm so sick of hearing the layoff argument. OSU's layoff was a week longer than Florida's. You really think that extra week made a difference, especially when both teams had a layoff of over a month?

BrownsTown
11-10-2007, 08:32 PM
I'm so sick of hearing the layoff argument. OSU's layoff was a week longer than Florida's. You really think that extra week made a difference, especially when both teams had a layoff of over a month?

I don't think they're arguing that it didn't also affect Florida, but that much time off can effect teams in different ways. We have no idea how the game would have gone without that much time in between it.

11-10-2007, 08:34 PM
I don't think they're arguing that it didn't also affect Florida, but that much time off can effect teams in different ways. We have no idea how the game would have gone without that much time in between it.

florida did their homework and it showed..its as simple as that

BrownsTown
11-10-2007, 08:35 PM
florida did their homework and it showed..its as simple as that

Pretty much. Tressel also messed up, it's a coaches job to make adjustments based on what he sees in the first half. He didn't.

Florida also had a Florida-sized chip on their shoulder.

bearfan
11-10-2007, 08:36 PM
I voted Illini ;)

BrownsTown
11-10-2007, 08:36 PM
I voted Illini ;)

I wonder why ;)

mqtirishfan
11-10-2007, 08:55 PM
Pretty much. Tressel also messed up, it's a coaches job to make adjustments based on what he sees in the first half. He didn't.

Florida also had a Florida-sized chip on their shoulder.

I also would argue that Florida was far more talented than Ohio State last year.

draftguru151
11-10-2007, 08:59 PM
I love how people are voting for Illinois now.

Namy
11-10-2007, 09:11 PM
Well I'll be the first to say i was CLEARLY wrong. I thought OSU would be the type of team that wouldn't look past the Illini with UM coming up. Hats off to Illinois but mannnn OSU has got to feel horrible. They were basically handed a NC opportunity and wasted it... on ILLINOIS.

I see an Oregan vs. OU title game now.

BrownsTown
11-10-2007, 10:25 PM
Well I'll be the first to say i was CLEARLY wrong. I thought OSU would be the type of team that wouldn't look past the Illini with UM coming up. Hats off to Illinois but mannnn OSU has got to feel horrible. They were basically handed a NC opportunity and wasted it... on ILLINOIS.

I see an Oregan vs. OU title game now.

Hey now, Illinois isn't any worse than Kentucky.

Geo
11-10-2007, 10:52 PM
I'm not sure it was Ohio State looking over Illinois as much as it was Illinois making the plays to win the game. Granted Ohio State had some absolutely horrible breakdowns in the secondary, but that doesn't necessarily mean there was a complete lack of preparation.

Iamcanadian
11-11-2007, 07:10 AM
It was really simple, like a lot of top 10 teams that have faultered this year, Ohio St. had an inexperienced QB and it showed. Their weak schedule had protected him from exposure but inexperienced QB's are inconsistant and not used to playing in big games. In reality, Ohio St. was a year ahead of schedule and with about 21 starters returning next year depending on who declares for the draft, they will be one of the favourites to win it all. This season was just a combination of a weak schedule and a # of top Big 10 teams having an off season. Ohio St. didn't really expect to be a serious contender this year, they were building for next year.

bored of education
11-11-2007, 10:05 AM
that 1st TD was a TOUCHBACK!!!!!!!!!!!

bored of education
11-11-2007, 10:06 AM
did Illinois run a pass in the 2nd half??

ughhh no excuses

P-L
11-11-2007, 01:23 PM
Nothing helps me get over a Michigan loss like "The best defense in the nation" getting run over and Notre Dame losing to another academy.

soybean
11-11-2007, 02:06 PM
I think they'll go undefeated. their schedule is weak and they have probably the best defense in the nation. It'll probably be them vs LSU in the NC.

just my guess.

sweetness34
11-11-2007, 02:42 PM
Um Ohio State didn't "overlook" us. We just flat out outplayed them. They came out of the gates fast getting up twice and we hung in. We made the plays to win the game, it's pretty simple IMO.

We almost beat them in Champaign last year, and it's sweet revenge this year. When we are on our game, we are a scary, scary team. As we showed today.