PDA

View Full Version : Al Woods > Glenn Dorsey

dregolll
10-21-2007, 09:45 AM
I think Al Woods is the best DT on the Tigers, this man is a man-child and he is only a sophomore. He difinitely has better tools than Dorsey. He will be a top pick when he comes out.

jbeans187
10-22-2007, 01:46 AM
He will be great, but no way is he better than dorsey right now

Dolfan2788
10-22-2007, 04:01 AM
The guy is a good player and shows signs of having the ability to step it up into the NFL and be a starter. Glenn Dorsey however is on another level than all lineman in CFB right now imo. Dorsey down the stretch against Florida taking on the double team and having that great awareness, leverage and strength to fight it off and still make plays was a testament to how good he will be in the NFL being single teamed.

constant cough
10-22-2007, 02:55 PM
Al Woods > Glenn Dorsey

Ummmmm, no.

terribletowel39
10-22-2007, 03:22 PM
I think Al Woods is the best DT on the Tigers, this man is a man-child and he is only a sophomore. He difinitely has better tools than Dorsey. He will be a top pick when he comes out.
did you watch the game at all saturday night?? after coming back on the field from some kind of hamstring injury (that he had to go the locker room for)he launches a 300 lb man off the ground with a bull rush and then has enough speed to tackle the RB of auburn for a loss and then the next play, he has enough awareness and hops to jump up and bat the ball down while being doubled. no way Al Woods is better than him. those two plays showed me what kind of player he was. after being hurt. yea....best DT in football right now.

Scotty D
10-22-2007, 05:07 PM
did you watch the game at all saturday night?? after coming back on the field from some kind of hamstring injury (that he had to go the locker room for)he launches a 300 lb man off the ground with a bull rush and then has enough speed to tackle the RB of auburn for a loss and then the next play, he has enough awareness and hops to jump up and bat the ball down while being doubled. no way Al Woods is better than him. those two plays showed me what kind of player he was. after being hurt. yea....best DT in football right now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-LkCvNK2iM

Saints-Tigers
10-22-2007, 07:40 PM
I love Al Woods...

but....

LOL

saintsfan912
10-22-2007, 07:43 PM
Just shows the depth at LSU when a comparison like this can actually happen and sorta make some kind of sense. I mean Al Woods is not on the same level as Putt but they are very similar and LSU's future looks very bright.

bearsfan_51
10-22-2007, 08:13 PM
It's really not that big deal of a thing to say. Woods could come out next year as a junior and be the first defensive tackle off the board and likely a top 10 pick.

TigerBait45
10-22-2007, 08:25 PM
Al Woods is a massive human being.

Just massive. And he moves well. Its incredible. I love Marlon Favorite, but I think Woods should leech more playing time than he does from him.

saintsfan912
10-22-2007, 09:00 PM
It's really not that big deal of a thing to say. Woods could come out next year as a junior and be the first defensive tackle off the board and likely a top 10 pick.

And can I ask you how this isn't a big deal?

Javzz
10-22-2007, 11:49 PM
Freshman Drake Nevis(92) looked very impressive for the time he got in as well.

bearsfan_51
10-23-2007, 12:38 AM
And can I ask you how this isn't a big deal?
I'm saying that it's not that big of a deal to say that Wwoods is better than Dorsey.

Personally I don't agree but people some people are acting like it's an absurd notion.

geaux tigers
10-23-2007, 12:56 AM
Dorsey has a sprained MCL. Dont know what grade, but if hes out for the BAMA game in 2 wks, AL Woods will see a lot of PT.

NIN1984
10-23-2007, 08:04 AM
I agree he could be a top pick when he comes out but I don't see how he is better than Dorsey, hell Dorsey could very well go #1 overall.