PDA

View Full Version : Do Or Die!!!!!!

Smokey Joe
10-21-2007, 01:37 PM
This is the game of the season. We win, and I mean we win big time not barely and getting lucky, there is still hope... we lose, this season is over. We need to get a running game going and get rid of turnovers on offense. We need the defense to ******* wake up and play to their ability. The season is pretty much riding on this game. The only thing that got me through the White Sox **** season was knowing the Bears were around the corner, don't ******* blow it!

/endrant.

bearsfan_51
10-21-2007, 01:38 PM
White Sox suck.

awfullyquiet
10-21-2007, 01:42 PM
White Sox suck.

agreed.
i hope the tribe win.

i woulda killed to see a cubs/tribe series.

but yes. this is do or die time...

we need to set the pace with a quality run game. keep the TOP on our side and just have greasy not screw up.

bearsfan_51
10-21-2007, 01:45 PM
Slick Greasy is gonna be ballin' all day long.

I just can't see this defense shutting down Westbrook. I hope that I'm wrong but I think the Eagles will dink and dunk the Bears all day long.

Smokey Joe
10-21-2007, 04:44 PM
I wish Ron Turner wasn't such a ***** with his *** conservative play calling...

bearsfan_51
10-21-2007, 04:58 PM
The more I watch Griese play the more I think we should go elsewhere in the first round. The passing game hasn't been the problem at all, he gets the balls to the players and lets them make plays. That's really all we need.

bearsfan_51
10-21-2007, 05:01 PM
And as I say that he fumbles the snap at the 1 yard line.

bearsfan_51
10-21-2007, 05:07 PM
Our defense hasn't done anything all game other than stop them in the red zone. It could be much worse but our offense is eating clock and slowing the game down.

The Eagles have had 4 possessions and scored on 3 of them.

k0ng
10-21-2007, 06:24 PM
Whoever wants to overpay for Berrian in the offseason can. Not even trying to block Omar Gaither on the goalline and letting Mckie get creamed is inexcusable.

Moses
10-21-2007, 06:28 PM
Whoever wants to overpay for Berrian in the offseason can. Not even trying to block Omar Gaither on the goalline and letting Mckie get creamed is inexcusable.

Realistically the Bears need him unless they're planning on making a move for another legitimate receiver in the off-season.

sweetness34
10-21-2007, 06:32 PM
Well we won, and that's all that matters to me. On the road against a decent team, I'll take it. We can play much better but I'm just happy to get a W.

Our running game is still garbage and I'm putting it on the OL. AP had a nice run or two but it still sucks.

k0ng
10-21-2007, 06:32 PM
Realistically the Bears need him unless they're planning on making a move for another legitimate receiver in the off-season.

That's why I said overpay. If hes looking for #1 WR dough then I'd let him go. If he signs for what he's worth, then keep him.

Smokey Joe
10-21-2007, 06:35 PM
Every single time Turner opens up the passing game to Griese, he delivers... QB might be a better idea to wait until 2nd or 3rd round and improve this terrible OLine.

Hurricane Ditka
10-21-2007, 06:36 PM
Even though I've advocated QB this year, I'll go back to what I've been saying since the 05 draft, we need to draft several young offensive lineman.

regoob2
10-21-2007, 06:37 PM
well he can't block gaither until mckie catches the ball so if he did block him then it would've been a penatly but he could've got in his way a lil better. With Griese playing fairly well and we don't seem to like to spend our 1st rounder on OL, so this will be an interesting draft in theory.

Hurricane Ditka
10-21-2007, 06:39 PM
The fact Angelo has taken an offensive lineman at all destroys the theory that he doesn't like to do it. He's done it with 1 of the 6 first round draft picks he's had in Chicago.

bearsfan_51
10-21-2007, 06:40 PM
Slick Greasy is gonna be ballin' all day long.
Heh heh......gotta love it.

Anyway...if the front office likes one of the available QB's when we pick and takes him I won't have a problem with that at all, that said Griese is playing so well right now it might make more sense to go O-line or secondary instead.

As for Berrian, unless we want to spend a first rounder on a WR we need to either sign him to a deal or franchise him. He's the best young reciever we have hands down.

Smokey Joe
10-21-2007, 06:48 PM
Brian Griese is the milk man...

awfullyquiet
10-21-2007, 08:38 PM
first game ever i watched at lincon financial... (for some reason, work had me in jersey where i have an outstanding warrant for my arrest, little did they know)

needless to say i was excited to watch griese after 55 minutes put something together and get the W. Watching this team in person is so much weirder than last year (where i saw three games)... the receivers finally looked like the could get separation... the defense tighted down in the red zone... finally... and well.. robbie gould is dead on under 50 yards...

now. the oline didn't look great in run blocking again... i can only guess its a combo between hating benson and not being used to jones and his hesitation slashing movements... and it's not like the philly dline is really scary, but... brown (of the eagles) was killer in the red zone... i'm bummed that olson wasn't able to beat him for the catch... this game was saved due to tommie harris killing mcnabb in the fourth though.
god.
i got the dirtiest looks. a little asian girl cheering for the bears in philly.
funny. ****.

SFbear
10-22-2007, 04:25 AM
So apparently on that last drive Griese's comm system went out and he had to audible it down the field. That explains why he did so well. Because Ron Turner didn't have anything to do with it. I hate Ron Turner.

Hurricane Ditka
10-22-2007, 11:17 AM
first game ever i watched at lincon financial... (for some reason, work had me in jersey where i have an outstanding warrant for my arrest, little did they know)

needless to say i was excited to watch griese after 55 minutes put something together and get the W. Watching this team in person is so much weirder than last year (where i saw three games)... the receivers finally looked like the could get separation... the defense tighted down in the red zone... finally... and well.. robbie gould is dead on under 50 yards...

now. the oline didn't look great in run blocking again... i can only guess its a combo between hating benson and not being used to jones and his hesitation slashing movements... and it's not like the philly dline is really scary, but... brown (of the eagles) was killer in the red zone... i'm bummed that olson wasn't able to beat him for the catch... this game was saved due to tommie harris killing mcnabb in the fourth though.
god.
i got the dirtiest looks. a little asian girl cheering for the bears in philly.
funny. ****.You're a little asain girl?

bearsfan_51
10-22-2007, 11:19 AM
You're a little asain girl?

You mean you're not?

Race for the Heisman
10-22-2007, 04:36 PM
So apparently on that last drive Griese's comm system went out and he had to audible it down the field. That explains why he did so well. Because Ron Turner didn't have anything to do with it. I hate Ron Turner.

Where'd you read that?

Hurricane Ditka
10-22-2007, 05:03 PM
You mean you're not?
You caught me.

SFbear
10-22-2007, 05:33 PM
Where'd you read that?

Heres the orginal article

http://www.chicagobears.com/news/NewsStory.asp?story_id=3992
Perhaps the most remarkable aspect of the drive was that Griese called all of the plays up until the touchdown because his helmet communication with offensive coordinator Ron Turner had gone out before the Bears took possession of the ball.

“I felt really good calling my own plays in that situation,” Griese said. “Before I go out into a two-minute drill, I look at our play sheet and get in my mind a plan of what we want to do, so I felt comfortable in that situation.”

Griese came out today to "clarify".
http://www.chicagobears.com/news/NewsStory.asp?story_id=3996

Bearsfan123
10-22-2007, 11:45 PM
Heres the orginal article

http://www.chicagobears.com/news/NewsStory.asp?story_id=3992
Perhaps the most remarkable aspect of the drive was that Griese called all of the plays up until the touchdown because his helmet communication with offensive coordinator Ron Turner had gone out before the Bears took possession of the ball.

“I felt really good calling my own plays in that situation,” Griese said. “Before I go out into a two-minute drill, I look at our play sheet and get in my mind a plan of what we want to do, so I felt comfortable in that situation.”

Griese came out today to "clarify".
http://www.chicagobears.com/news/NewsStory.asp?story_id=3996

So THATS why the plays actually worked! No wonder! And I was beginning to think Ron Turner had smartened up too. Thanks for the clarification, I was really down because I was gonna have to thank Turner, but not anymore!

pellepelle_10
10-23-2007, 04:43 PM
Even though I've advocated QB this year, I'll go back to what I've been saying since the 05 draft, we need to draft several young offensive lineman.

This year I agree with you Ditka but as the trend continues...you already know where I'm going with that one bro.

Hurricane Ditka
10-23-2007, 05:49 PM
This year I agree with you Ditka but as the trend continues...you already know where I'm going with that one bro.It's not economical or practical to continue building the offensive line through free agency. mediocre free agents get huge deals, and good offensive lineman never hit the market.

pellepelle_10
10-24-2007, 01:43 AM
It's not economical or practical to continue building the offensive line through free agency. mediocre free agents get huge deals, and good offensive lineman never hit the market.

I'm not saying it is. I'm saying what continues to happen. (no lineman in the top rnds) It is what it is. I'm just stating what happens year after year as far as Angelo drafting O-Lineman. Ben Grubbs in the 2nd would have been a very good pick. Ur guess is as good as mine.

Hurricane Ditka
10-24-2007, 01:46 AM
I'm not saying it is. I'm saying what continues to happen. (no lineman in the top rnds) It is what it is. I'm just stating what happens year after year as far as Angelo drafting O-Lineman. Ben Grubbs in the 2nd would have been a very good pick. Ur guess is as good as mine.
Ben Grubs and Joe Staley went in consecutive picks before ours. There really weren't any good first round options at that point.

pellepelle_10
10-24-2007, 01:49 AM
Ben Grubs and Joe Staley went in consecutive picks before ours. There really weren't any good first round options at that point.

ur right. he did go in the 1st