scar988
10-21-2007, 04:29 PM
yes, that it is... hopefully. we go with this plan:

FA
OT Max Starks - need a mauling molesting OT
CB B.J. Sams - KR/PR/Nickel and dime guy
DRAFT
1 - QB Matt Ryan - Boston College - 6'5" 218
- a true leader and pocket QB. will be great fit for Petrino's offense.
2a - OT Barry Richardson - Clemson - 6'7" 330
- a mauler in the run game and very good in pass pro
2b - RB Tashard Choice - Georgia Tech - 6'1" 205
- a pounder. the guy who would be a great compliment to Norwood.
3 - DT Red Bryant - Texas A&M - 6'5" 324
- a true NT. will be great in the role in our Defense. will be a good compliment to Babineaux when Coleman and Gravy retire. Lewis will be the #3 DT and play backup to both spots.
4a - OG Andrew Bain - Miami (FL) - 6'3 344
- eventual replacement for Forney. a mauling run blocker who is quick enough for tackle but will be a Guard at the pro level.
4b - LB Ben Moffitt - South Florida - 6'2" 240
- a true leader. a MLB if I ever saw one. looks like a poor mans John Vilma.
5 - K Brandon Coutu - Georgia - 6'0" 200
- powerful legged kicker. good accuracy too
6a - OT Geoff Schwartz - Oregon - 6'7" 337 (projected comp for Kerney)
- eventual replacement for Starks, a mauling run blocker who is solid in pass pro.
6b - DE Wallace Gilberry - Alabama - 6'4" 264(projected for Rossum trade)
- a non stop motor guy. productive. will be a good rotational DE with Abraham. more of a run stopper but at RE should be a good backup for J-Abe.
7 - S Jamal Lewis - Georgia Tech - 6'0" 199
- more of a coverage guy. but can come up and hit people. will be a good backup FS for us.

final 53 man:
QB - Matt Ryan/Byron Leftwich/D.J. Shockley
RB - Jerious Norwood/Tashard Choice
FB - Ovie Mughelli/Corey McIntyre
WRX - Roddy White/Laurent Robinson/Adam Jennings
WRZ - Michael Jenkins/Joe Horn
TE - Alge Crumpler/Martrez Milner/Dwayne Blakely
LT - Barry Richardson/Renardo Foster
LG - Justin Blalock/Tyson Clabo
C - Todd McClure/Doug Datish
RG - Kynan Forney/Andrew Bain
RT - Max Starks/Geoff Schwartz

LE - Jamaal Anderson/Chauncey Davis
NT - Grady Jackson/Red Bryant/Trey Lewis
UT - Rod Coleman/John Babineaux/Trey Lewis
RE - John Abraham/Wallace Gilberry
WLB - Stephen Nicholas/Tony Taylor/Travis Williams
MLB - Keith Brooking/Ben Moffitt
SLB - Michael Boley/Marcus Wilkins
LCB - DeAngelo Hall/David Irons
RCB - Chris Houston/B.J. Sams
FS - Jimmy Williams/Jamal Lewis
SS - Chris Crocker/Daren Stone

K - Brandon Coutu
P - Michael Koenen
KOS - Michael Koenen
KR - B.J. Sams/Jerious Norwood
PR - B.J. Sams/Adam Jennings
LS - Mike Schneck

BamaFalcon59
10-21-2007, 05:00 PM
Not in love with Ryan.
Choice lacks any attribute putting him in the upper tier of the 2nd round.
Starks is overrated and is getting beat out by Willie Colon in many aspects.

d34ng3l021
10-21-2007, 08:33 PM
Choice is a pounder at 205?

I havent seen him play.

DraftMichaelHuff
10-21-2007, 11:22 PM
he is the same size as Norwood and Norwood has prooved he can run with power and is a whole heck of alot faster than choice.

I was about to post my one of these the other day, however i wanted to wait to see how Byron did. Ill post it in the next few days, i too, have Max Starks as a F/A signing

Shiver
10-21-2007, 11:22 PM
I am a really big Matt Ryan fan and I like the direction you went with this. I would certainly be happy.

falconsrule
10-22-2007, 05:32 AM
Barry Richardson doesnt have the footwork to play LT on the next level and Tashard Choice is a bad Choice I would rather give Shelling a chance.

georgiafan
10-22-2007, 10:21 AM
What does everyone think of drafting either Mcfadden or a OT in the top 10. Then trading backup into the first round for a QB. It would take our 1st round pick next year to do it.

What round pick did we get for Rossum ?

DraftMichaelHuff
10-22-2007, 10:30 AM
What does everyone think of drafting either Mcfadden or a OT in the top 10. Then trading backup into the first round for a QB. It would take our 1st round pick next year to do it.

Something like this will become the mindset of all of us as draft day nears. Another thing for you to consider is Dallas wanting D Mac and trading the house (including 2 1sts) to come up to get him. We'd only drop about 4-5 picks with our 1st 1st (Clevland's record shouldn't be too superior to ours) and then also have a low 1st and whatever else they give

georgiafan
10-22-2007, 11:25 AM
I haven't though about trading down with Dallas, but you can allready see the rumor of them trading up for dmac starting. The free agent market could be big with the extra money from Vick.

iloxygenil
10-22-2007, 12:41 PM
I've been saying that I wanted to trade with Dallas for a while, however, I don't see that happening, they don't want DMac that bad, and they shouldn't...they have Marion Barber, unless they just can't land him in FA...

D-Unit
10-22-2007, 12:47 PM
I've been saying that I wanted to trade with Dallas for a while, however, I don't see that happening, they don't want DMac that bad, and they shouldn't...they have Marion Barber, unless they just can't land him in FA...
Barber is a Restricted FA. We'll resign him, no doubt.

Max Starks is so overrated. Moffitt will probably be a first day guy, imo. Other than that, pretty good hopes for your team, I'd say. Barry Richardson is underrated on these boards.

Draft King
10-22-2007, 09:20 PM
1. Glenn Dorsey
2a. Jonathan Stewart
2b. JDB/Chad Henne/Tony Hills/Barry Richardson: BPA here

Next draft pick up Rey from USC. Only problem here is one of these QB's could be a bust.

DraftMichaelHuff
10-22-2007, 11:25 PM

You're right, however, when you have as few needs as Dallas they could move up for anyone who is elite. A perfect example if Kenny Phillips, if i was Dallas that'd be who id be wanting to move up for, i love Barber. The only reason i said Dmac is because thats what i have heard people talk about

1. Glenn Dorsey
2a. Jonathan Stewart

Next draft pick up Rey from USC. Only problem here is one of these QB's could be a bust.

yeah i never thought of hoping that Rey actually stays in school. I mean id love to get him, but, if we cant get him or other needs outweigh a high MLB id rather no-one get him. He would still be a 21 year old senior

The one issue is with the Running back, with our team they way it is we have alot of needs, id look to how we could best fill our needs. There looks to be some ideal RB's available in F/A. Michael Turner is a perfect compliment to Jerious Norwood. Both these backs are quite young and it allows us to use the draft pick for positions that wont/arent ever available in F/A, such as a young franchise QB, and a franchise LT . Whereas a highley touted rookie RB would suggest that we have given up on Norwood which i certainly have not, AND we would Jeopardise the QB,LT /LT, QB combination that we need to take with our first two draft picks

scar988
10-23-2007, 06:48 AM
1. Glenn Dorsey
2a. Jonathan Stewart

Next draft pick up Rey from USC. Only problem here is one of these QB's could be a bust.why woudl we waste our first round pick on a backup/future NT who is more of a UT? seriously? it makes no sense at all when we have actual needs at OL and QB and power Rb.