LE_WM_JP
10-21-2007, 05:26 PM
Who would you rank first guys?
Malcom Kelly, Harry Douglas, Adarius Bowman or Mario Manningham

Turtlepower
10-21-2007, 05:31 PM
Who would you rank first guys?
Malcom Kelly, Harry Douglas, Adarius Bowman or Mario Manningham

Malcolm Kelly is by far the #1 there especially if him and Manningham come out. Maybe Manningham would jump in front of him if he stays, but right now, Manningham is #1. Douglas will be a terrific slot receiver in the NFL, but his size (5'11'') reduces him from a #1 receiver role.

darnik44two
10-21-2007, 05:58 PM
01 Malcom Kelly, WR, Oklahoma*
02 DeSean Jackson, WR, California*
03 Early Doucet, WR, Louisiana State
04 Adraius Bowman, WR, Oklahoma State
05 Harry Douglas, WR, Louisville
06 Dorien Bryant, WR, Purdue
07 Limas Sweed, WR, Texas
08 D.J. Hall, WR, Alabama
09 Earl Bennett, WR, Vanderbilt*
10 Mario Manningham, WR, Michigan*
11 Marcus Monk, WR, Arkansas
12 Keenan Burton, WR, Kentucky
13 James Hardy, WR, Indiana*
14 Davone Bess, WR, Hawaii*
15 Brian Robiskie, WR, Ohio State*
16 Devin Thomas WR, Michigan State*
17 Jordy Nelson, WR, Kansas State
18 Andre Caldwell, WR, Florida
19 Amarri Jackson, WR, South Florida
20 Jarrett Dillard, WR, Rice*

HoopsDemon12
10-21-2007, 05:59 PM
For me it goes

#1 Kelly
#2 Bowman
#3 Douglas
#4 Manningham

Kelly is the best.. Bowman is a close second in my mind but doesnt have kellys speed. Douglas is smallish to be a number 1 recevier "idealy" and manningham hasnt proven enough for me to warrant him near the top.

BuckNaked
10-21-2007, 06:15 PM
01 Malcom Kelly, WR, Oklahoma*
02 DeSean Jackson, WR, California*
03 Early Doucet, WR, Louisiana State
04 Adraius Bowman, WR, Oklahoma State
05 Harry Douglas, WR, Louisville
06 Dorien Bryant, WR, Purdue
07 Limas Sweed, WR, Texas
08 D.J. Hall, WR, Alabama
09 Earl Bennett, WR, Vanderbilt*
10 Mario Manningham, WR, Michigan*
11 Marcus Monk, WR, Arkansas
12 Keenan Burton, WR, Kentucky
13 James Hardy, WR, Indiana*
14 Davone Bess, WR, Hawaii*
15 Brian Robiskie, WR, Ohio State*
16 Devin Thomas WR, Michigan State*
17 Jordy Nelson, WR, Kansas State
18 Andre Caldwell, WR, Florida

I think it's pretty ridiculous having James hardy that low. Did you see what he did to Justin King?

Tampa 2 4 life
10-21-2007, 06:26 PM

Amarri Jackson shouldn't have anyone behind him. The NFL doesn't need another WR who blocks fantastically and jumps high, but is useless at everything else.

LE_WM_JP
10-21-2007, 07:05 PM
If he declares do you think he is a top 20 or top 10?

OhioState
10-21-2007, 07:20 PM
jarret dillard is extremelly underrated imo

toonsterwu
10-21-2007, 07:21 PM
I'd probably rank the Wr's based on how you have it up there - Kelly, Douglas, Bowman, Manningham. I think Douglas and Bowman are close, though, so it would depend on what suited the team better.

If Kelly comes out, he's got a shot at top 20. For him to go top 10, he'd really have to post a superb 40 time, a time few expect right now. Even in a weak class as such, he'd really have to standout to push into the top 10. Not ruling it out, but not sure it happens.

Nerv
10-21-2007, 07:25 PM
Im a Michigan fan and I think James Hardy is without a doubt a better WR than Mario Manningham. They seem to play at the same speed and Hardy has about 7-8 inches on him. Hardy has better hands as Mario either has suspect hands or suspect concentration.

I think Hardy is a beast, only been playing WR for like 2 years and has the best physical tools ive seen in a WR not named Calvin in a long time.

ShutDwn
10-21-2007, 07:36 PM
It is pretty rediculous how underrated and under appreciated Hardy is.

Hardy has such great hands, he rarely lets it get to his chest. Pretty good speed, hard to judge though. Perfect body control and uses his frame to the maximum.

I wouldn't be surprised if he is better than all the guys ranked ahead of him.

Nerv
10-21-2007, 07:53 PM
It is pretty rediculous how underrated and under appreciated Hardy is.

Hardy has such great hands, he rarely lets it get to his chest. Pretty good speed, hard to judge though. Perfect body control and uses his frame to the maximum.

I wouldn't be surprised if he is better than all the guys ranked ahead of him.

I agree completely. Its not like he hasnt had the production either. He has 10+ td's in all 3 of his years in the Big 10, currently has 750 yards and 11 td's (with a running QB tossing it to him). With that basketball athleticism, huge frame, & great hands I think he will dramatically increase his stock at the combine when he decides to leave IU and be drafted higher than the vast majority of these guys.

Young Legend
10-21-2007, 08:34 PM
Bowman has been playing lights out so far..i would say its a tie between him and Kelly..

Favre4ever
10-21-2007, 08:55 PM
I like Devin Thomas a lot as a sleeper. The guy makes plays on a poor team.

HoopsDemon12
10-21-2007, 09:06 PM
I agree completely. Its not like he hasnt had the production either. He has 10+ td's in all 3 of his years in the Big 10, currently has 750 yards and 11 td's (with a running QB tossing it to him). With that basketball athleticism, huge frame, & great hands I think he will dramatically increase his stock at the combine when he decides to leave IU and be drafted higher than the vast majority of these guys.

ive always like him.. i mean a 6'7 recever with 4.5 speed... wow

Smokey Joe
10-21-2007, 09:18 PM
my top 10 receivers:

1. DeSean Jackson*
2. Malcolm Kelly*
3. Earl Bennett*
4. Adarius Bowman
5. James Hardy*
6. Early Doucet
7. Mario Manningham*
8. D.J. Hall
9. Limas Sweed
10. Harry Douglas

Of the 5 juniors I ranked, I don't see Hardy coming out as Indiana is getting better and will have a real good team probably next year. Mario Manningham can go either way as well as Bennett, but I have a feeling Mario will stay and Bennett will come out. I see both Jackson and Kelly coming out as there is a good shot both can go in the top 20.

sodar21
10-21-2007, 09:32 PM
Strictly as prospects I'd have Malcolm Kelly #1 and James Hardy in the top 5.

nhlkdog411
10-22-2007, 12:14 AM
i swear to god jordy nelson is like the most underrated guy in the draft right now; how is he not a top 10 reciever? He's big, productive, crazy fast, has good hands and had a tremendous game against a team with argubaly one of the top corners in the country. And before people jump all over me for calling him crazy fast, his 100 time is comparable to top speedsters in the nfl. There is seriously NO way that he shouldnt be a top 10, probably top 5 reciever in the draft.

holt_bruce81
10-22-2007, 12:41 AM
Will Franklin is a top 10 WR, for sure

lod01
10-22-2007, 02:26 PM
i swear to god jordy nelson is like the most underrated guy in the draft right now; how is he not a top 10 reciever? He's big, productive, crazy fast, has good hands and had a tremendous game against a team with argubaly one of the top corners in the country. And before people jump all over me for calling him crazy fast, his 100 time is comparable to top speedsters in the nfl. There is seriously NO way that he shouldnt be a top 10, probably top 5 reciever in the draft.

Can't really argue it.

Malcolm Kelly is the #1 prospect if he comes out.

ShutDwn
10-22-2007, 03:57 PM
my top 10 receivers:

1. DeSean Jackson*
2. Malcolm Kelly*
3. Earl Bennett*
4. Adarius Bowman
5. James Hardy*
6. Early Doucet
7. Mario Manningham*
8. D.J. Hall
9. Limas Sweed
10. Harry Douglas

Of the 5 juniors I ranked, I don't see Hardy coming out as Indiana is getting better and will have a real good team probably next year. Mario Manningham can go either way as well as Bennett, but I have a feeling Mario will stay and Bennett will come out. I see both Jackson and Kelly coming out as there is a good shot both can go in the top 20.

I can't tell if Hardy is coming out. It depends on how the year ends. As much as I have watched Hardy, I don't know a ton about his personality. I think he has a good relationship with Kellen Lewis so that may make him stay. However, with the death of coach Hep, the team is going to either keep Lynch or get someone new. I think his decision will have a lot to do with who is coaching next year. I hope he stays though, we really need him to continue to have success.

This years group of receivers seems stacked though. Anyone know what next year will be like?

holt_bruce81
10-22-2007, 04:23 PM
1. Desean Jackson
2. Malcolm Kelly
3. Adarius Bowman
4. Early Doucet
5. Earl Bennett
6. Mario Manningham
7. James Hardy
8. Will Franklin
9. DJ Hall
10. Harry Douglas