22. Auburn
23. Connecticut
24. Alabama
25. Penn State

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/rankingsindex

Discuss!!!!!!

yo123
10-21-2007, 07:05 PM
I can't wait until Kansas plays a real team and gets crushed. Theres no way they are the number 9 team in the country.

Penn State shouldnt be there, they barely beat a mediocre Indiana team and really havent looked good all year.

P-L
10-21-2007, 07:07 PM
The computers are Michigan fans!!!

EDIT: They also hate USC.

Turtlepower
10-21-2007, 07:10 PM
Next week is make or break for undefeateds.

1. Ohio State @ Penn State
Ok, not that tough of a game, but the toughest so far for OSU against a Penn State team that's been slacking since a 3-0 start.

2. Boston College @ Virginia Tech
BC's toughest games have been against Georgia Tech and UMass while VT has only 1 loss, against LSU.

4. Arizona State vs. Cal
2 weeks ago this game could have been the #1 vs. #5, but it is now a reeling Cal team versus an untested ASU team. As a Sun Devil fan, I think it is the worst thing for us to allow Cal a lot of motivation to win.

9. Kansas @ Texas A&M
Kansas's best win so far this year is against a 5-3 Kansas St. team. Enough said.

Michigan
10-21-2007, 07:29 PM
The computers are Michigan fans!!!

EDIT: They also hate USC.

Armanti Edwards-less Appy State is now 5-2...

soybean
10-21-2007, 07:35 PM
Next week is make or break for undefeateds.

1. Ohio State @ Penn State
Ok, not that tough of a game, but the toughest so far for OSU against a Penn State team that's been slacking since a 3-0 start.

2. Boston College @ Virginia Tech
BC's toughest games have been against Georgia Tech and UMass while VT has only 1 loss, against LSU.

4. Arizona State vs. Cal
2 weeks ago this game could have been the #1 vs. #5, but it is now a reeling Cal team versus an untested ASU team. As a Sun Devil fan, I think it is the worst thing for us to allow Cal a lot of motivation to win.

9. Kansas @ Texas A&M
Kansas's best win so far this year is against a 5-3 Kansas St. team. Enough said.

i don't know, arizona state has a huge chance but i just cannot see CAL losing 3 consecutive times.

BucSappy
10-21-2007, 07:38 PM
Arizona State 4th is laugable.

BCS rewards weak schedules, and it is ridiculous. Teams like LSU, Kentucky, Florida, and South Carolina get screwed. Any of these teams would beat Kansas by 40.

soybean
10-21-2007, 07:41 PM

BCS rewards weak schedules, and it is ridiculous. Teams like LSU, Kentucky, Florida, and South Carolina get screwed. Any of these teams would beat Kansas by 40.

then why is hawaii at 17th? behind a 2 loss florida team, a 2 loss kentucky team and a 2 loss south carolina team?

I think it's funny how all the SEC coaches complain about the BCS because it's so hard to make it to the NC game playing in the SEC when in actuality they have the biggest chance to make it back up after a couple/several losses.

bearsfan_51
10-21-2007, 07:49 PM

I smell SEC bias. But that's ok, whatever you have to do to justify the fact that only one of your teams has a chance at the championship.

Auburn beat Florida, they almost beat LSU, and they lost to South Florida.

P-L
10-21-2007, 07:54 PM
The BCS doesn't reward weak schedules, if anything the polls do. Look at some of the computer rankings. All of these teams have arguably have "weak schedules":

Ohio State (3)
Oklahoma (14)
USC (21)
Hawaii (NR)
Texas (NR)
Penn State (29)

RyanLeaf#1
10-21-2007, 07:55 PM
LOL did Hawaii drop in the BCS from last week?

HoopsDemon12
10-21-2007, 09:36 PM
did they lose?

RyanLeaf#1
10-21-2007, 09:39 PM
did they lose?

Did who lose?

RyanLeaf#1
10-21-2007, 09:40 PM
Nevermind Hawaii went from 18th to 17th.

Iamcanadian
10-21-2007, 11:01 PM
I smell SEC bias. But that's ok, whatever you have to do to justify the fact that only one of your teams has a chance at the championship.

You forgot Auburn also lost to Mississippi St. at home but SEC fans like to overlook those type of loses.

Iamcanadian
10-21-2007, 11:05 PM
The BCS doesn't reward weak schedules, if anything the polls do. Look at some of the computer rankings. All of these teams have arguably have "weak schedules":

Ohio State (3)
Oklahoma (14)
USC (21)
Hawaii (NR)
Texas (NR)
Penn State (29)

Or just perhaps some of those teams play their toughest games at the end of the season. Certainly Ohio St. and USC's toughest games are still to be played. heck USC still has to play at Oregon, at Cal, At Arizona St. with Oregon St and UCLA at home. Hardly a calkwalk!

Iamcanadian
10-21-2007, 11:11 PM

Funny how SEC fans forget that Auburn lost at home to Mississippi St. and to USF. Hardly the sign that they are a very good football team. Florida had only 2 defensive starters returning this year and are nowhere near the defense of last year's team. Nobody will mistake Kentucky's defense as anything special.

H.mmm, last year everybody thought Ohio St. would destroy Florida in the NC game. Talk is cheap! Two years ago everybody thought the SEC champion Georgia would destroy West Virginia, again talk is cheap.

Flynn, LSU's QB is the # 78 ranked QB in the nation. He has thrown 8 TD and 5 interceptions in 8 games this season, hardly figures that scare any top 10 team yet you think they would destroy Arizona St. He has played against Mississippi St., Middle Tennessee and Tulane yet has produced squat passing the ball. Nobody but a SEC fan could justify LSU as a good offensive team with QB stats like that. LSU barely beat Florida and Auburn at home and lost to Kentucky away. Sure doesn't look like they are anything special to me and I won't be shocked if Alabama beats them.
The SEC appears to be a bunch of good football teams but nothing special and I doubt they would destroy anybody. If anything a lot of these SEC schools are way overrated and will be exposed in Bowl games.

soybean
10-22-2007, 01:48 AM
"The SEC championship should be the NC game, the two best teams will be in that game."- a featured comment by some tool on ESPN.

504 to ATL
10-22-2007, 02:11 AM
Well I would argue that Florida and LSU could beat any team in the nation right now. So, if those two teams meet up in the SECCG than there you go.

The only team benefiting from that game would be whom ever plays the victor in that bowl game. Both teams will be so beaten up.

D-Unit
10-22-2007, 03:20 AM
Nevermind Hawaii went from 18th to 17th.
Cool. All they had to do was go to the beach on Saturday and they moved up a spot! ha ha ha....

duckseason
10-22-2007, 04:01 AM
Well I would argue that Florida and LSU could beat any team in the nation right now. So, if those two teams meet up in the SECCG than there you go.

The only team benefiting from that game would be whom ever plays the victor in that bowl game. Both teams will be so beaten up.

There are a lot of teams that are capable of beating any team in the nation. The fact that your top 2 teams already have a total of 3 losses speaks volumes. You don't think there are other teams out there beating up on each other right now?

BucSappy
10-22-2007, 05:56 PM

Playing connect the dots I see. USF is a very good team. I don't understand the logic there. Auburn has arguably the best defense in the country, don't quite understand where you are coming from.

Name one very good team that either BC or OSU has played. That's what I thought.

Any team outside the SEC (maybe other than OSU) would be 6-2 with Kentucky's or LSU's schedule. Period. To think a team like Boston College would only have 1 loss is absurd. Maybe Ohio State could have 1 loss, but it would be really close like it has been really close for LSU. They are the 2 best teams in the country in my opinion.

asu2100
10-22-2007, 08:06 PM

please explain why