PDA

View Full Version : Game 6: Denver- 31 Pittsburgh- 28

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
10-21-2007, 10:30 PM
This was easily our best game of the year. Our defense actually got pressure, although one concern was guys were constantly open downfield. That should fix itself when Champ came back. Cutler made a couple mistakes, but he looked great overall, especially at the end. The best thing about this game is we not only played to our talent level, we beat a team that you could easily argue is MORE talented than us. Also, we won despite not having our best 2 players.

Diehard
10-22-2007, 04:18 PM
It was a great win - most entertaining game I've watched in a long time. I really had zero hope for a victory until they tied it at 7-7... then I could see things coming together...

The defense was playing quite differently. DT's were penetrating / shooting instead of taking on blockers. That definitely plays to the strengths of guys like Marcus Thomas. Blitzing is back with a bang... too bad some of our guys can't wrap up on those backfield hits (*looks at Nate Webster*).

The middle is wide open because our safeties aren't good coverage guys. Both Lynch and Ferguson are more suited to prowling along the line of scrimmage. Time to draft a real centerfielder.

Apart from that one bonehead throw into double coverage, Cutler looked sharp and had great velocity on the ball. The Cutler has good chemistry with Scheffler... I hope Scheff's foot isn't going to be an ongoing problem.

Favorite plays of the game:

Offense - That quick out/screen to Marshall was great. You could just see from the way the Steelers were lining up on that play that they would be vulnerable on the perimeter. I think one of the blitzers (Polamalu?) actually aborted his blitz assignment once he realized what was happening. The screen to Selvin Young deserves an honorable mention - I really like that kid.

Defense - gang tackle on Big Ben... nuff said!

Jakey
10-24-2007, 10:22 AM
Good game for the Broncos, but god damn do i hate Jason Elam!!!

ripdw27
10-25-2007, 01:31 PM
elvis dumervil is a beast man. i love that guy. the only d lineman im disapointed with is jarvis moss. love crowder n thomas, especially that td by crowder.

dj will had a good game, possibly his best so far at MLB. dre bly played like he was possessed damn he had a nice pick. i like what i saw this week, i ha ve confidence in us

ripdw27
10-25-2007, 01:32 PM
Defense - gang tackle on Big Ben... nuff said!

oh i know, i hate big ben. i loved it everytime we hit him, made him fumble, sacked his ass. it was great seeing everyon get a piece of him on that gang tackle