PDA

View Full Version : Rob Bironas sets new NFL Record: 8 FG's in a game

zoinks
10-21-2007, 11:53 PM
Congratulations to Tennessee Titans' kicker Rob Bironas, who established a new NFL mark with 8 field goals in a single game, including the game-winner as time expired.

The old record (7) was established in 1967 by Cardinals kicker Jim Bakken, and stood for 40 years. Three more players (Rich Karlis, Chris Boniol, Billy Cundiff) eventually tied Bakken's record, but it was never broken until today.

Bironas' record day bailed the Titans out of one of the biggest defensive collapses in NFL history. Leading 32-7 in the 4th quarter, the Titans allowed the Texans to reel off 29 points and take a 36-35 lead with less than a minute remaining. Kerry Collins then led the Titans down the field and into field goal range, where Bironas sealed his perfect 8-of-8 performance with a 29-yarder as time ran out.

I'll guarantee you this game will be on NFL Replay......don't miss it. One of the craziest up-and-down contests you'll ever see in your life. And hey....it's not every day you get to see someone make NFL history. ;)

SuperKevin
10-21-2007, 11:55 PM
I love it when records get broken no matter what the record. Congrats Rob Bironas

WMD
10-21-2007, 11:56 PM
I always believed in him. When everyone was saying "No, Rob, You can't kick 8 Field Goals in one game", I was always there to keep his spirits up and let him know that he was born with leg endurance that is greater than what Gods would be if he was a Kicker.

It's been an up and down career, but I always stood by his side; and with a hand on his shoulder I would always say..

"You CAN do it..

...You CAN..."

and he DID

Shiver
10-22-2007, 12:00 AM
Rob Bironas is a winner..

diabsoule
10-22-2007, 12:02 AM
If I could marry a kicker, any kicker. It'd be Rob Bironas so my last name could be Bironas. Just because it's fun to say. Bironas. Say it with me: Buh-Rone-Ass.

I could be Mrs. Bironas.

*stares dreamily*

zoinks
10-22-2007, 12:16 AM
If I could marry a kicker, any kicker. It'd be Rob Bironas so my last name could be Bironas. Just because it's fun to say. Bironas. Say it with me: Buh-Rone-Ass.

I could be Mrs. Bironas.

*stares dreamily*

Muh-muh-muh-myyyyyyy Bironas......

BrownsTown
10-22-2007, 12:19 AM
Muh-muh-muh-myyyyyyy Bironas......

Best transferring of a Tennessee Titans kicker's name into a pop song ever.

OzTitan
10-22-2007, 12:26 AM
And it's all thanks to Fisherball - where red zone offenses are designed so precious 3 point FG opportunities never get put aside by those pesky 7 point touchdowns.

diabsoule
10-22-2007, 01:00 AM
And it's all thanks to Fisherball - where red zone offenses are designed so precious 3 point FG opportunities never get put aside by those pesky 7 point touchdowns.

How many different kinds are there? There's Fisherball, Martyball, Beamerball, any more different kinds?

Flyboy
10-22-2007, 01:49 AM

I could be Mrs. Bironas.

*stares dreamily*

You're silly.

comahan
10-22-2007, 01:54 AM
Congrats and what not. But seriously Bironas, screw you and your Texans killings ways.

KCJ58
10-22-2007, 01:58 AM
Congrats also nice post WMD ;)

no love
10-22-2007, 03:14 AM
Rob Bironas will eventually hold the record for longest field goal as well. Remember he kicked a 60 yarder last year.

The Unseen
10-22-2007, 11:15 AM
Rob Bironas is a winner..

All Rob Bironas does is win games.

Which means that Rob Bironas must've consulted Vince Young before each kick.

Cashmoney
10-22-2007, 11:41 AM
Thank God for my sherona.

SuperKevin
10-22-2007, 12:23 PM
All Rob Bironas does is win games.

Which means that Rob Bironas must've consulted Vince Young before each kick.

Everyone knows Vince Young's TDs are meaningless with out Rob Bironas' extra points

RyanLeaf#1
10-22-2007, 12:59 PM
This guy caused me to have my only loss in the NFLDC Pickem... Oh well congrats to him.

M.O.T.H.
10-22-2007, 03:11 PM
http://www.hhweb.com/images/cundiff-billy-1.jpg

Poor Billy Cundiff...what does he have now?

TitanHope
10-22-2007, 04:19 PM
It's a little known fact that Vince Young has the ability to remove his legs and let Bironas use them. Thats what gives Bironas his power. I mean, Vince is out of the game and isn't running around, and suddenly Bironas breaks the record?

Use your heads people!

RyanLeaf#1
10-22-2007, 04:21 PM
http://www.hhweb.com/images/cundiff-billy-1.jpg

Poor Billy Cundiff...what does he have now?

He broke five Pioneer League records including most points and most career field goals.... So I guess he can still tell people that.