PDA

View Full Version : Turtlepower Mock 2.0, 2 rounder!!!!

Turtlepower
10-22-2007, 12:11 AM
So, my second mock ever and my first 2 rounder.

1. Rams: OT, Jake Long, Michigan
When healthy, they have one of the best o-lines in the league. When not healthy, they have one of the worst o-lines due to their lack of depth. Long is one of the more versatile OT who is a great run blocker as well as an above-average pass blocker. He is better suited to play RT, but can switch over in case of injuries on the line.
2. Dolphins: DT, Glenn Dorsey, LSU
Cameron will not take a QB here due to him passing on Quinn for Beck in 07 Draft, so Dorsey is the best player to take. He might be more suited for a 4-3, but Dorsey has the motor and talent to play in a 3-4 just fine.
3. Falcons: QB, Brian Brohm, Louisville
QB is probably a unanimous choice for Atlanta because the Harrington/Leftwich experiment isnít going so well. The question is who do they pick? Brohm, Woodson or Ryan. Iím going with Brohm, but not because he goes a long way back with Petrino. Brohm is a more mobile QB than Woodson and much better on the short route. Brohm fits into Petrinoís offense much more than Woodson.
4. Patriots (f/49ers): RB, Darren McFadden, Arkansas
So, the Patriots get caught cheating and what happens to them? They get arguably the best player in the draft. Even though they drafted a more than capable RB in the first round 2 years ago (Lawrence Maroney), they havenít found a good combo runner with him. McFadden and Maroney along with Brady would probably create a deadly offense that pisses me off.
5. Raiders: OT, Sam Baker, USC
I really thought that Robert Gallery was going to pan out someday in Oakland, but that obviously never happened. Baker is an upgrade over Sims and Kiffin is very familiar with him from USC.
6. Jets: DE, Chris Long, Virginia
Since Switching to the 3-4, the Jets have boasted one of the worst rushing defenses in the NFL. Chris Long has shown at UVA that he will not only stop the run, but will get at the QB on passing plays.
7. Vikings: QB, Andre Woodson, Kentucky
Tavaris Jackson is garbage and Andre Woodson is gold. He has tremendous poise in the pocket, which is something that Jackson lacks. Now, this pick happens assuming Childress is fired because there is no way Childress admits defeat with drafting a 1st round QB 2 years after drafting Jackson.
8. Bills: DT, Sendrick Ellis, USC
The Bills are once again in the bottom of the league in rushing defense and have only amounted to 4 sacks in 6 games. Ellis is a disruptive force who compares favorably to Warren Sapp with his skill of getting to the QB.
9. Bengals: DE, Calalis Campbell, Miami
How the Bengals have fallen? I predicted this team to be in the playoffs, but their defense is not supporting that offense of theirs. Campbell is a prospect with all of the physical tools to succeed, but can sometimes disappear in games. Only 1 player (Justin Smith) has multiple sacks on the team (2), so Campbell would definitely be an upgrade on a d-line that is 31st in the league in Rushing Defense.
10. Cardinals: DE/OLB, Quentin Groves, Auburn
As the Cardinals switch to a 3-4 defense, Groves is the perfect fit to be a pass-rushing OLB.
11. Broncos: S, Kenny Phillips, Miami
A team that many picked to win the Super Bowl is now in the bottom 10. Their pass defense has been atrocious all year and the best DB in the league can seal that up.
12. Eagles: OLB, Keith Rivers, USC
With Takeo Spikes up their in age, a fresh talented OLB is needed. Rivers is great against the run and very nice in coverage.
13. Bears: QB, Matt Ryan, Boston College
Even though Ryan is the third QB off the board, it is not saying he is the 3rd best QB. Matt Ryan has amazing intangibles and underrated arm-strength. He could easily turn out to have the best rookie season due to the team around him. Even if Griese continues playing well, it is obvious he is not the future of the Bears.
14. Saints: CB, Malcolm Jenkins, Ohio State
He is arguably the best CB in the draft and falls this far simply by chance. The Saints obvious biggest need it CB and they get a stud one.
15. Chargers: ILB, James Laurinaitis, Ohio State
The Chargers have stud OLB, but inside they are very slim. Laurinaitis is quick against the run and very nice in coverage. I project has a better ILB for a 3-4 than an ILB in a 4-3.
16. Texans: OT, Phil Loadholt, Oklahoma
Loadholt has the potential to be the best OT of this class, but he has only played 1 full year of D-1 football. The Texans O-line has played well this year, but they have room for improvement. Loadholtís stock will never be as high as it is right now, so I see him coming out.
17. Panthers: DB, Reggie Smith, Oklahoma
He can play FS with his reported 4.45 speed and is range across the field. The Panthers would also think about Maulaluga, but safety is a bigger need.
18. Lions: ILB, Rey Maulaluga, USC
He is a man-beast that lost some of his preseason hype due to USCís offense not playing up to expectations. Their defense is still ranked top-10 in the country thanks to the like of Maulaluga ranging everywhere on the field.
19. Seahawks: WR, Desean Jackson, Cal
Save for Branch, the Seahawks lack a solid #2 receiver and Jackson is more than capable of filling that void with exceptional hands, route running, and speed. Nate Burleson has showed that he is not suited to be a PR this year, so Jackson comes in and helps the team be at least 5 yards deeper at the start of a drive. (On a side note, I though the Titans would pick Ginn at #19 last year, but we see what happened there.)
20. Chiefs: OT, Gosder Cherilus, Boston College
Kansas Cityís problems outreach their QB play (which wonít be addressed until Brodie Croyle has been given a chance). A new o-line needs to be brought in and Cherilus can help get it done. On a side not, if they donít resign Jared Allen this could easily turn into a DE.
21. Ravens: CB, Aqib Talib, Kansas
The Ravens need a CB, but not dramatically. Their biggest need is probably QB, but there are none with enough value to take here. It is a toss-up between Talib, Cason, and King, but Talib has been playing amazing this year, so he is the choice.
22. Dallas (f/Browns): CB, Justin King, Penn St.
The Cowboys need a #2 CB to play opposite Newman and King has the speed to do that.
23. Buccaneers: OT, Ryan Clady, Boise St.
With constant injuries and age at the o-line, they need someone who can fill the wholes that will be created at LT and Clady has shown he can be that guy. He was amazing last year and started the season off poorly this year, but has played well as of late.
24. Redskins: DE, Derrick Harvey, Florida
A stud DE from Florida comes out, but falls this far due to other teamís needs. The Redskins passed on a DE last year for Laron Landry, but I donít see them passing on a DE again.
25. Titans: WR, Malcolm Kelly, Oklahoma
The entire Oklahoma team decides to come out early and Kelly gets picked up by the Titans to improve their lackluster core of WRs.
26. Jaguars: WR, Harry Douglas, Louisville
It was funny how at the beginning of the year, everyone was positive that the Jags would be picking in the top-10 and grabbing a QB. Well, David Garrard has so far proven to be a more than capable QB (albeit for half a season) and the Jags address a WR (again). Douglas has gone up on my board not only because of the great season he is having, but also from the injuries of seniors Limas Sweed and Early Doucet.
27. Packers: CB, Antoine Cason, Arizona
Packers have age at CB and Cason will be a great replacement to Woodson when (or if) he retires. Cason might be a little slow, but he more than makes up for it with his cover-corner skills.
28. Cowboys: OT, Tony Hills, Texas
I donít care what any Cowboy fan says about Doug Free being the eventual replacement of Flozell ďFalse Start #74Ē Adams because even if Free is the replacement, there is no depth on the line. I am personally not a fan of Marco Columbo and I see Free eventually replacing him on the right side.
29. Steelers: RB, Jonathan Stewart, Oregon
They are a team that loves a dual-running back system and Stewart manages to fall into their grasp.
30. 49ers (f/Colts): NT, Dre Moore, Maryland
Dre Moore just keeps on climbing peopleís draft boards, but that was when he started as a Day 1 pick. He is a huge run-stuffer and a perfect fit as a NT on a 49ers team that lacks one.
31. Giants: FS, Nic Harris, Oklahoma
Harris has replaced an ineffective Darien Williams and has been a rock in the Sooners secondary. He ran a 4.5 out of high school and will replace Gibril Wilson at FS because he should be playing SS.
32. Patriots: Forfeited due to them cheating.
33. Rams: OLB, Dan Connor, Penn St.
34. Dolphins: OL, Michael Oher, Ole Miss
35. Falcons: RB, Tashard Choice, Georgia Tech
36. 49ers: OT, Chris Williams, Vanderbilt
37. Raiders: RB, Mike Hart, Michigan
38. Jets: CB, Mike Jenkins, South Florida
39. Vikings: FS, Thomas DeCoud, Cal
40. Bills: CB, Terrell Thomas, USC
41. Bengals: OG, Eric Young, Tennessee
42. Cardinals: ILB, Jonathan Goff, Vanderbilt
43. Broncos: WR, Limas Sweed, Texas
44. Eagles: WR, Early Doucet, LSU
45. Bears: OT, Barry Richardson, Clemson
46. Saints: FS, Jonathan Hefney, Tennessee
47. Dolphins (f/SD): NT, Red Bryant, Texas A&M
48. Falcons (f/Hou): DT, Frank Okam, Texas
49. Panthers: ILB, Vince Hall, Virginia Tech
50. Lions: OT, King Dunlap, Auburn
51. Seahawks: OG, Kirk Barton, Ohio State
52. Chiefs: OLB, Beau Bell, UNLV
53. Ravens: QB, Erik Ainge, Tennessee
54. Browns: NT, DeMario Pressley, N.C. State
55. Buccaneers: CB, Zack Bowman, Nebraska
56. Redskins: WR, D.J. Hall, Alabama
57. Titans: CB, Tracy Porter, Indiana
58. Jaguars: DE, Lawrence Jackson, USC
59. Packers: TE, Fred Davis, USC
60. Cowboys: WR, Andre Caldwell, Florida
61. Steelers: CB, DeJuan Tribble, Boston College
62. Colts: DT, B.J. Raji, Boston College
63. Giants: OLB, Phillip Wheeler, Georgia Tech
64. Patriots: ILB, Xavier Adibi, Virginia Tech

d34ng3l021
10-22-2007, 12:38 AM
I dont like the Brohm pick. I think Woodson is a better QB, and he would be a fine fit. Woodson, IMO is more mobile than Brohm also.

In the 2nd, We would rather take Barry Richardson cause weneed help on OL.

Good pick with Okam.

thebow305
10-22-2007, 12:38 AM
Two Defensive Tackle??? Not one of our first 3 picks addressing our terrible secondary?? It's a decent mock overall but that just doesnt make much sense.

Turtlepower
10-22-2007, 12:45 AM
I dont like the Brohm pick. I think Woodson is a better QB, and he would be a fine fit. Woodson, IMO is more mobile than Brohm also.

You're smoking crack if you think that Woodson is as mobile as Brohm.

Two Defensive Tackle??? Not one of our first 3 picks addressing our terrible secondary?? It's a decent mock overall but that just doesnt make much sense.

My philosphy is that it all starts up front... But you are right. I probably will change one of those second round picks in my next mock.

Wyndham
10-22-2007, 05:18 AM
Finally see the fact that KC isn't going to pick in the top-five, huh?

I'll give you credit for that. At least I can see your logic on their pick which is in a slot which might actually happen, unlike #6 overall.

JPF
10-22-2007, 07:38 AM
I like the direction you go with the Panthers in the first, but I doubt we'd look at Maulaluga. Beason has looked great at MLB so far. More likely if we passed on Smith it'd be for an OT. Obviously I don't like the 2nd pick based on what I just said about not looking at Maulaluga.

Finsfan79
10-22-2007, 08:15 AM
2. Dolphins: DT, Glenn Dorsey, LSU
Cameron will not take a QB here due to him passing on Quinn for Beck in 07 Draft, so Dorsey is the best player to take. He might be more suited for a 4-3, but Dorsey has the motor and talent to play in a 3-4 just fine.

Good pick, I like it, if we don’t trade back it would be a very nice pick up.

34. Dolphins: OL, Michael Oher, Ole Miss

Nice pick uup, I like his ability and talents specially on the right side. I would not mind Mike Jenkins here either as I think he will be a nice CB

47. Dolphins (f/SD): NT, Red Bryant, Texas A&M

Nice pick up

NT, DE, RT

I like it, it is a very good draft and I think it would help alot. Perhaps we can snag some secondary within FA as well

Turtlepower
10-22-2007, 10:29 AM
I like the direction you go with the Panthers in the first, but I doubt we'd look at Maulaluga. Beason has looked great at MLB so far. More likely if we passed on Smith it'd be for an OT. Obviously I don't like the 2nd pick based on what I just said about not looking at Maulaluga.

Well, this just goes to show what I lack in knowledge about the Panthers. I thought that Beason was being groomed as an OLB, but if he is at MLB, then I will definately change that second-round pick.

osi+ap=allshallperish
10-22-2007, 10:35 AM
would rather have mike Jenkins in the first.

fenikz
10-22-2007, 10:36 AM
Oh how tempting Phillips would be in Arizona, I really would love the draft if you made that pick, it has worked out for the Redskins and Wilson and Phillips would arguably be better than those two, plus Pace and Berry have done a pretty decent job out OLB

Turtlepower
10-22-2007, 10:37 AM
would rather have mike Jenkins in the first.

I am just really fond of Nic Harris and find Mike Jenkins a tad overrated. If Jenkins runs a sub 4.4, then I would take him, but I would rather have a safety than a corner.

JPF
10-22-2007, 10:52 AM
Well, this just goes to show what I lack in knowledge about the Panthers. I thought that Beason was being groomed as an OLB, but if he is at MLB, then I will definately change that second-round pick.

Beason has started the last two games at MLB and we've looked like an entirely different defense. Though with our luck, Fox will continue his infatuation with veterans and start Dan Morgan at MLB when he gets healthy.

ironman4579
10-22-2007, 11:38 AM
Oh how tempting Phillips would be in Arizona, I really would love the draft if you made that pick, it has worked out for the Redskins and Wilson and Phillips would arguably be better than those two, plus Pace and Berry have done a pretty decent job out OLB

So you could have Wilson Phillips?

http://www.artistdirect.com/Images/Sources/AMGCOVERS/music/cover200/drd200/d219/d219114ot0b.jpg

thule
10-22-2007, 11:51 AM
You do realize that anthony henry is the CB opposite Newman in Dallas and that he had 4 picks before he got hurt...again....just thought I would let you know...King would probably just have some nickel time to start off.

Second of all you show your lack of knowledge when you talk about people seeing Free on the left side....why you ask? How about because in the 3rd round last year we drafted James Marten out of BC. He is being groomed as our RT of the future. Then you go on further about the depth...but our current swing tackle is 2006 draft pick Patrick McQwisten who also has shown his ability to play at a high level. So you truly don't understand our tackle situation.

T-RICH49
10-22-2007, 12:07 PM
good 1st for KC but in the 2nd give us Tribble because we really need to add youth and depth at CB

Turtlepower
10-22-2007, 12:24 PM
good 1st for KC but in the 2nd give us Tribble because we really need to add youth and depth at CB

I have to say the Chiefs were a complete mystery to me beside for o-line. I'll take note of it.

Crow
10-22-2007, 01:30 PM
I certainly don't hate it. But If Oakland doesn't take a DL on Day 1, I'd be both shocked and disappointed.

Sims is okay. Our DL is terrible. Long or Ellis there would have been nice.

Hart in Rd2 would be a terrific fit, even if that is a bit high for him.

Turtlepower
10-22-2007, 01:48 PM
I certainly don't hate it. But If Oakland doesn't take a DL on Day 1, I'd be both shocked and disappointed.

Sims is okay. Our DL is terrible. Long or Ellis there would have been nice.

Hart in Rd2 would be a terrific fit, even if that is a bit high for him.

Even though Hart has a lot of carries, he will more or less be complimentary to LaMont Jordan for the time being, so he doesn't have to carry the workload.

D-Unit
10-22-2007, 01:56 PM
If the Browns make the playoffs, I will be shocked. King is ok, but I can't say I'm a huge fan of his right now. JJ Hardy made him look bad on Saturday.

I really like Tony Hills if he grades out that high.

No way the Cowboys pass on Johnathan Stewart twice. No way.

Andre Caldwell??? Is he even a day 1 pick? Give us Adarius Bowman if he's even there at that spot.

Matthew Jones
10-22-2007, 01:57 PM
Adibi is tiny, and I don't think the Patriots really need any more offensive firepower but it's hard to argue with McFadden.

Man_Of_Steel
10-22-2007, 01:57 PM
Finally someone besides me has Jonathan Stewart to the Steelers. Rep, rep, rep.

BrownsTown
10-22-2007, 02:06 PM
You have the Browns in the playoffs.

Best. Mock. Ever.

neko4
10-22-2007, 02:22 PM
very sexy packers mock

Turtlepower
10-22-2007, 02:34 PM
very sexy packers mock

Should I be happy that it was sexy or just confused?

Crow
10-22-2007, 03:00 PM
Even though Hart has a lot of carries, he will more or less be complimentary to LaMont Jordan for the time being, so he doesn't have to carry the workload.
More likely, he'd be competing with Michael Bush for the lead role. Jordan's contract doesn't bode well for his being retained.

raidersfanxxx
10-22-2007, 04:09 PM
yeah, i doubt we go running back there. im leaning more towards a D linemen.

scottyboy
10-22-2007, 04:15 PM
like the giants 2nd pick. but with the 1st pick, i dont know much on that guy, and Frank Okam is a possibility, but too much of a luxury pick. and Mike Jenkins is poo

Caddy
10-23-2007, 06:43 AM
OT and CB are two valid needs and Clady and Bowman would be a nice duo.

brat316
10-29-2007, 10:11 PM
11. Broncos: S, Kenny Phillips, Miami
A team that many picked to win the Super Bowl is now in the bottom 10. Their pass defense has been atrocious all year and the best DB in the league can seal that up.

They have the best Pass D in the league. Run D on the other hand worst. I like the pick with Lynch in age, and Kenny can do it all. I think they may try an find a true MLB, instead of using Williams who is better suited outside.

Eagles I think they need a WR/KR/PR a speed player. They have been drafting OLB and DL men for a while. O-line is another position

Steelers: I like the Idea of a two rb system, is he a power rb. Maybe they may go CB, or olb oppoiste of Woodley. Also O-linemen i think that is top, Guard, or center.

Joeyjr09
10-29-2007, 10:17 PM
Red Bryant really doesn't fit the Dolphins at all. Glenn Dorsey is a good pick and Oher is a solid OT in round 2. I'd love to see us land 2 DT's early in the draft but I'd rather it be a combo of Dorsey/Raji or Dorsey/Moore.

Seeing as Raji isn't in your draft yet. We could get him in early round 3.

That means we get Dorsey at number 1. Oher at the top of the 2nd. DeJuan Tribble at CB in the bottom of the 2nd and finally Raji as the 1st pick of the 3rd round.

That greatly helps our run stuffing and playmakers on the DL. Adds a young stud tackle to the OL and brings in a solid cover CB for our awful secondary.

Bills2083
10-30-2007, 06:43 AM
I like the pick of Sedrick Ellis. He would definitley help out our D.

But in the 2nd, I'd rather go with Early Doucet or Limas Sweed. We NEED another WR to take pressure off of Evans. That will allow Evans to have more one-on-one matchups, and that means more TDs :)

iloxygenil
10-30-2007, 10:02 AM
I must say...I have a hard time seeing the Falcons pass on a RB. I know we have Norwood who is AMAZING...but the coaching staff won't let him carry the load, and we all know Petrino loves a physical runner...so...looking at McFadden + Norwood in the backfield could be the most ideal situation for Atlanta. I know we need a QB and OL...but Petrino obviously likes Lefty and with good reason. If our offensive line gets better Lefty can move the ball around and down field, so I'm not so sure he see's that as a 1st round need. I guess that's what Mock drafts are for, but I really think it'll depend a LOT on the offseason. Passing on McFadden would be foolish imo. I know I'm not with everyone on this, but I think we'd be better served by getting Petrino's power back and building our offensive line...

Also if he is gone, I could see us trading down to pickup additional 1st round or 2nd round picks...

xooberon
10-30-2007, 03:29 PM
im not really of the opinion that safety is that big of a need for the panthers. i'd say DE is much more important but there isn't anyone there of value. OT is a possibility, maybe tony hills. LB as well, maululaga or connor would be good picks

villagewarrior
11-14-2007, 06:38 PM
Great pick for the Chiefs in the 1st. I think they should go offensive line again in the 2nd though, because their line is atrocious. Actually, the Chiefs might be well served to select 3 or 4 offensive linemen come draft weekend.

Turtlepower
11-14-2007, 06:41 PM
Great pick for the Chiefs in the 1st. I think they should go offensive line again in the 2nd though, because their line is atrocious. Actually, the Chiefs might be well served to select 3 or 4 offensive linemen come draft weekend.

Wow, thanks. Odd that no one has posted in 2 weeks and then someone posts while I'm making another mock. Coolio.

TitanHope
11-14-2007, 06:45 PM
For the Titans...

Malcolm Kelly is great in the 1st RD.

Tracy Porter is a poor pick in the 2nd RD. CB is not a First Day need for the Titans, and we're getting PacMan back next season. Cortland Finnegan has been excellent this year, and Nick Harper has another year left in him. That gives us 3 solid starters, and we have great depth with Reynaldo Hill, Kelly Herndon, and Eric King. Plus, we have a knack for picking late round CB's and coaching them into solid players.

Tight End is our 2nd biggest need, so Martin Rucker or Fred Davis would be great.

diabsoule
11-14-2007, 07:10 PM
I'm a big fan of the first round pick for the Saints but not a fan at all of their second rounder at all.

indyfan1985
11-15-2007, 12:23 PM
The Pats WONT get McFadden. The Falcons would take him over Brohm. And Im sure there will be a list of teams willing to trade up to get him.

asmitty45
11-15-2007, 01:23 PM
You made up for not taking Cherilus in the first with Dunlap in the second, great work for the Lions