PDA

View Full Version : BF51 Mock Version 4.0

bearsfan_51
10-22-2007, 03:35 AM
I decided not to wait this time as the Colts-Jaguars game won't have a huge impact on draft picks anyway.

I did a little bit of trading here just to keep it honest. The order is once again based off of my own particular formula. I've been told by a few people that they really like the order so feel free to use it for your mocks as well.

1)Miami Dolphins- Glenn Dorsey- Defensive Tackle, Louisiana State University
- I've re-changed my mind. The Dolphins are reportedly going to have a fire sale this offseason with guys like Jason Taylor and Zach Thomas very possibly on the way out. This says to me that anything is possible and that they will be looking for young players to build around. Long is a very good prospect but he doesn't grade out to an elite LT. QB is an option but not likely considering they passed on Quinn and ended up with Beck. Dorsey is the best defensive prospect in this draft and should be the pick here.

2)St.Louis Rams- Jake Long- Offensive Tackle, Michigan
-There is a lot wrong with the Rams, but offensive line looks to be the worst of it all. Their offense is a shell of what it used to be and to fix it they should look up front first.

3)Atlanta Falcons- Darren McFadden- Runningback, Arkansas
-I'm not sure that Petrino would make this pick, but he should strongly consider it. Norwood is a good player, but it doesn't look like they view him as a feature runner for whatever reason. Warrick Dunn is done (no pun intended) and while there are some good quarterbacks in the draft, likely none deserve top 3 money. McFadden should be a mortal lock for the top 3 along with Dorsey.

4)New York Jets- Chris Long- Defensive End, Virginia
-Those that question this pick likely haven't been paying attention this year. Long is one of the few players that came out seemingly overhyped and has actually lived beyond his hype. He has a tremendous moter, good strength, had 10 sacks played 3-4 DE, and despite his size seems to have the attitude to be able to do all that is asked of him. He seems like a top 10 lock at this point, and top 5 isn't out of the question.

5)Buffalo Bills- Desean Jackson- Wide Reciever, California
-The defense for the Bills has been solid, despite suffering heavy injuries. The offense? Eh...not so much. I'm not sure Trent Edwards is the answer, but it doesn't matter what I think. Odds are that Marv and Dick are back and I don't think they'll pull the plug on him. Because of that I think they give him a speed option on the other side of Lee Evans and give this offense a whole new dimension.

6)Oakland Raiders-Calais Campbell, Defensive End, Miami
-Campbell has been a bit of a letdown this year, but he's still an absolutely imposing force on defense. The Raiders went heavy on offense last year and it may have been at the expense of their defense. Their D-line needs help, and it starts here.

7)New England Patriots (f/SF)- James Laurinaitis- Inside Linebacker, OSU
-Can you imagine how fortunate the Pats would be to win the Superbowl and get a top 10 pick? It could definately happen. "The Animal" isn't quite the prospect A.J Hawk was when he came out, but it's close.

8)Houston Texans- Kenny Phillips- Safety, Miami
-The O-line is still not stellar, but it's been adequate so far this year. The secondary, however, has been dreadful and torn apart by injuries. Even when healthy they're nothing special and Phillips would bring an immediate presence to this defense.

9)Cincinnatti Bengals- Derrick Harvey- Defensive End, Florida
-The Bengals have struggled to find someone opposite of Justin Smith, and even Smith has been a dissapointment so far this season.

10)Minnesota Vikings- Andre Woodson- Quarterback, Kentucky
-There are already rumors that the Vikings will be looking for a change at Quarterback next season and it's no suprise. If they had an even adequate guy behind center they'd be in serious contention for a playoff spot.

11)Denver Broncos- Sedrick Ellis- Defensive Tackle, USC
-I had them taking Ellis at #7 so there's no change here. It was a good win against the Steelers but their run defense is still terrible.

Philadelphia trades the 12th pick in the 2008 draft to the Carolina Panthers for the 19th pick and the 51st pick in the 2008 draft
12)Carolina Panthers- Matt Ryan, Boston College
-This is a trade that makes sense for both teams, the Bears are all but sure to take Ryan at 14 and the Panthers should strongly consider what they need to do to secure their QB of the future. Delhomme is going to be 33 next year and coming off of a season ending injury. It's a little steep of a price to move up 7 spots, but franchise quarterbacks don't come along every day.

13)Dallas Cowboys (f/Cle)- Malcolm Jenkins- Cornerback, Ohio State
-Jenkins is the best corner in the draft and could immediately challenge Anthony Henry for the spot opposite Newman.

14)Chicago Bears- Sam Baker- Offensive Tackle, USC
- Brian Griese has been playing very well so far. The offensive line, not so much. It seems more than likely that the Bears would not trade up to get a QB and while Brohm is a possibility I see Angelo playing it safer and looking for the left tackle of the future.

The New Orleans Saints trade the 15th pick in the 2008 draft to the Atlanta Falcons for the 35th pick and the 40th pick in the 2008 draft
-Would the Saints make a draft day trade with the Falcons? Well the Eagles did with the Cowboys last year and I think the temptation to trade down and acquire more picks would be too tempting for a team with lots of needs on defense.
15)Atlanta Falcons- Brian Brohm- Quarterback, Louisville
-The Falcons could not play this better. Granted this still leaves a lot of holes but gives them tons of weapons and young talent on offense. It's going to be a mutli-year building project in Atlanta either way, but this gives them two young stars to build around and get people re-intersted in the Falcons again. The Falcons have to trade up here with the Bucs and Ravens lurking.

16)Detroit Lions- Justin King- Cornerback, Penn State
-You can basically take any of the back seven positions and they would be a possibility for the Lions. If King runs the 4.2 forty that some people are expecting he could go much higher. The Lions don't really run a traditional Tampa 2 anyway, and could use a corner that can actually play some man.

17)Arizona Cardinals- Vernon Gholston- Defensive End/OLB, Ohio State
-Tyson Jackson is having something of a dissapointing season so far so I think he stays. Gholtston, on the other hand, would probably be best served to come out now. This gives them another tool to switch to the 3-4.

18)Kansas City Chiefs- Ryan Clady- Offensive Tackle, Boise State
-Damion McIntosh has been having an "ok" season so far, but nothing too spectacular, and his current play is probably about the best as can be expected so far. Once again I want to take this time to point out that I had the Chiefs as a .500 team when everyone else had them picking in the top 5.

19)Philadelphia Eagles (f/Car)- Gosder Cherlius- Offensive Tackle, Boston College
-Malcolm Kelley gets some consideration here but even if Winston Justice turns out well, both of the Eagles offensive tackles are getting up there in age. Is the difference between Baker and Cherlius worth a 2nd rounder? I'm not sure, but it's worth considering.

20)Tennessee Titans- Malcolm Kelley- Wide Reciever, Oklahoma
-This would be a great fit and value for the Titans. Vince Young needs some real wide recievers.

21)Tampa Bay Bucs- Early Doucett- Wide Reciever, LSU
-The Bucs miss out on trading up for a QB, but that's probably not a big deal for Chucky as he likes to deal with vet QB's anyway. Doucett would give them a nice target to work with and help offset the inevitable decline of Galloway (assuming that ever happens of course)

22)Washington Redskins- Adarius Bowman- Wide Reciever, Oklahoma State
-I'll keep giving this pick cause it makes too much damn sense not to quite frankly.

23)Baltimore Ravens- Michael Oher- Offensive Tackle, Ole Miss
-I think the Ravens would love to trade up for Matt Ryan, but don't have the ammo that Carolina does. The consolation here is a good OT to help out a rather mediocre line. The benefit of Oher is that he can play inside at first and contribute right away if need be.

24)Seattle Seahawks- Steve Slaton- Runningback, West Virginia
-The Seahawks are a confusing team. They don't have any glaring holes but still seem to play mediocre football the past year and a half. One thing that is clear is that Shaun Alexander isn't what he used to be. He even struggled against a team like Rams. At the very least Slaton can be a change of pace back.

The San Diego Chargers trade the 25th pick in the 2008 NFL draft to the New Orleans Saints for the 35th and 79th pick in the 2008 NFL Draft
25)New Orleans Saints- Dan Conner- Linebacker, Penn State
-I would be shocked if the Chargers don't at least try to trade back now that they have no other picks on the first day. The Saints, on the other hand, move back into the 1st to get the player they probably would have taken at #15 and pick up an extra 2nd in the end.

26)New York Giants- Keith Rivers- Linebacker, USC
-Cornerback is a possibility here but the value is better at linebacker. Giants are playing much better but still need another playmaker to put next to Pierce.

Jacksonville trades the 27th and 91st picks to the Buffalo Bills for the 37th and 69th pick and a 4th pick in the 2009 NFL Draft
27)Buffalo Bills (f/Jac)- Reggie Smith- S/CB, Oklahoma
-Whether it's at FS next to Donte Whitner or at cornerback, the Bills could use some secondary help and Smith would be great value here. Jacksonville doesn't have any pressing needs and thus trades back.

28)Pittsburgh Steelers- Quentin Groves- DE/OLB
-The Steelers don't have any glaring needs. O-Line is a question but there's not much value here. Groves gives them another outside pass presence and is good value here.

29)Green Bay Packers- Felix Jones- Runningback, Arkansas
-Cornerback is a possibility here, but the Packers have gone heavily defensively and need to balance that out at some point. The Aaron Rodgers era will begin sooner rather than later and they're going to need a strong running game to compliment him. Jones is underlooked because he plays 2nd fiddle to McFadden, but is a 1st round prospect in his own right. I expect him to jump ship from the Razorbacks program, have a great combine, and push for the 1st round.

30)San Francisco 49'ers (f/Ind)- Earl Bennett- Wide Reciever, Vanderbilt
-I wish I could say I was suprised at the Niners mediocre performance so far. They have some young talent but not enough pieces to make a run. It really comes down to Alex Smith, who the jury is still out on. If they want to have success, however, they're going to need more weapons.

The Dallas Cowboys trade the 31st pick in the 2008 draft to the Arizona Cardinals for the 49th pick and the 81st pick in the 2008 draft
31)Arizona Cardinals-Mike Jenkins- Cornerback, South Florida
-There's really no great value here for the Cowboys, and I can see Arizona trading up. They got a guy for their front seven in Gholston, now they've got a guy for their secondary in Jenkins.

2nd round
33)Miami- Tony Hills- OT, Texas
34)St. Louis-Fili Moala- DT, USC
35)San Diego (f/NO, f/Atl)- Ray Maualuga- ILB, USC
36)New York Jets- Aqib Talib- CB, Kansas
37)Jacksonville (f/Buffalo)- Barry Richardson- OT, Clemson
Oakland trades the 38th pick to Cleveland for the 45th pick and the 109th pick
38)Cleveland (f/Oak)- Jonathan Stewart- RB, Oregon
39)San Fran- Terrell Thomas- CB, USC
40)New Orleans (f/Atl, f/Hou)- Antoine Cason- CB, Arizona
41)Cincinnatti- Dre Moore- DT, Maryland
42)Minnesota- Limas Sweed- WR, Texas
43)Denver- Ali Highsmith- OLB, LSU
44)Philadelphia- Keenan Burton- WR, Kentucky
45)Oakland (f/Cle)- Heath Benedict- OT, Newberry
46)Chicago- Erik Ainge- QB, Tennessee
47)New Orleans- DeMarrio Pressley- DT, North Carolina State
48)Detroit- Phillip Wheeler- ILB, Georgia Tech
49)Dallas (f/Ari)- Harry Douglass- WR, Louisville
50)Kansas City- DeJuan Tribble- CB, Boston College
51)Philadelphia (f/Car)- Xavier Adibi- OLB, Virginia Tech
52)Tenneseee- Dwight Lowry- CB, San Diego State
53)Tampa Bay- Tashard Choice- RB, Georgia Tech
54)Washington- Lawrence Jackson- DE, USC
55)Baltimore- Shawn Crable- DE/OLB, Michigan
56)Seattle- Fred Davis- TE, USC
57)Miami (f/SD)- D.J Hall- WR, Alabama
58)New York Giants- Tracy Porter- CB, Indiana
59)Jacksonville- Bruce Davis- DE, UCLA
60)Pittsburgh- Chris Williams- OT, Vanderbilt
61)Green Bay- Chevis Jackson- CB, LSU
62)Indianapolis- Jonathan Goff- ILB, Vanderbilt
63)Dallas- Frank Okam- NT, Texas
64)New England- Mike Hart- RB, Michigan

3rd Round
65)Miami- Jasper Brinkley- ILB, South Carolina
66)St.Louis- Josh Barrett- SS, Arizona State
67)Atlanta- Kirk Barton- OT, Ohio State
68)New York Jets- John Carlson- TE, Notre Dame
69)Jacksonville (f/Buf)- Chad Henne- QB, Michigan
70)New England (f/Oak)- Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, CB, Tennessee State
71)San Fran- Jonathan Hefney- FS, Tennessee
72)Houston- Dontrell Savage- RB, Oklahoma State
73)Cincinnattti- Vince Hall- LB, Virginia Tech
74)Minnesota- Mike McGlynn- OT, Pittsburgh
75)Minnesota (f/Den)- Thomas Decoud- FS, California
76)Philadelphia- Craig Steltz- SS, LSU
77)Cleveland- Red Bryant- NT, Texas A&M
78)Chicago- Quentin Demps- S, UTEP
79)San Diego (f/NO)- Chris Johnson- RB, East Carolina
80)Detroit- Marcus Griffin- S, Texas
81)Dallas (f/Ari)- Eric Young- G, Tennessee
82)Kansas City- Andre Fluellen- DT, Florida State
83)Carolina- Kenny Iwebema- DE, Iowa
84)Tennesee- Steve Justice- C, Wake Forest
85)Tampa Bay- Colt Brennan- QB, Hawaii
86)Washington- Roy Schuening- G, Oregon State
87)Buffalo (f/Bal)- Chris Ellis- DE, Virginia Tech
88)Seattle-Andre Caldwell- WR, Florida
89)Chicago (f/SD)- Shannon Tevaga- G, UCLA
90)New York Giants- William Franklin- WR, Missouri
91)Buffalo (f/Jac)- Ezra Butler- OLB, Nevada
92)Pittsburgh- Donnie Avery- WR, Houston
93)Green Bay- Martin Rucker- TE, Missouri
94)Indianapolis- Dorien Bryant- WR, Purdue
95)Dallas- Ryan Torrian- RB, Arizona State
96)New England- Beau Bell- ILB, UNLV

diabsoule
10-22-2007, 05:15 AM
I think it's a pretty good overall draft.

I really, really like the Saints draft. Good job.

Wyndham
10-22-2007, 06:50 AM
Good call on where the Chiefs'll be (i.e. not in the top five, as I have pointed out all year long which you also seem to see, unlike most).

As for the draft itself, it's okay. OT/WR/CB drills needs, although I would prefer a combination of a two OL and a WR/CB. I'm not huge on Caldwell, but whatever.

JPF
10-22-2007, 07:33 AM
I don't agree with anything you did for the Panthers. I may could see the trade in the 1st, but given that they should worry about OT before worrying about QB of the future since both of the starting OT's are free agents after this season, I definitely don't like the trade. Especially since they could stand pat at their original pick and get an OT.

In the 3rd, no need for a DE. McClover is progressing nicely and we spent a 3rd last year on Charles Johnson. S would be a position to look at there. Another possibility could be WR with both Carter & Colbert being FA's after this season as well.

Best scenario for the Panthers with how your board plays out...

1st- stay at original pick and take Michael Oher
2nd- Thomas DeCoud
3rd- Colt Brennan

Finsfan79
10-22-2007, 08:19 AM
1)Miami Dolphins- Glenn Dorsey- Defensive Tackle, Louisiana State University
- I've re-changed my mind. The Dolphins are reportedly going to have a fire sale this offseason with guys like Jason Taylor and Zach Thomas very possibly on the way out. This says to me that anything is possible and that they will be looking for young players to build around. Long is a very good prospect but he doesn't grade out to an elite LT. QB is an option but not likely considering they passed on Quinn and ended up with Beck. Dorsey is the best defensive prospect in this draft and should be the pick here.

If we don’t trade back (my personal hope), this is a very good pick for us.

33)Miami- Tony Hills- OT, Texas

He is a little small for our system I think honestly. Ray Maualuga, ILB would be a nice pick up there to replace Zach. Else Barry Richardson would be a nice pick up

57)Miami (f/SD)- D.J Hall- WR, Alabama

I would personally consider Williams (if didn’t take a tackle already), Goff, Jackson CB there strongly

65)Miami- Jasper Brinkley- ILB, South Carolina

Not a huge Brinkley fan I would take Red Bryant over him as we need a nose tackle to stop the run.

1 Dorsey (or trade) DE/DT
2 Maualuga ILB
2 Williams RT
3 Bryant NT

I like that draft personally, WR is a much lesser need as they are very high upon Ginn and Hagan supposedly.

Vikes99ej
10-22-2007, 09:36 AM
Nice Vikings pick in the first round. Not too sure about the second round pick. Eventually we need to quit trying to stockpile these young and inexperienced wide recievers.

doingthisinsteadofwork
10-22-2007, 09:59 AM
I like the Raider picks.But we traded our 3rd round pick to NE.

Handel
10-22-2007, 10:04 AM
Good picks for the Pats. But I think they have Raiders 3rd round pick too.

New England traded their third-round selection (91st overall, used to select Mario Henderson) in exchange for Oakland's first seventh-round selection in this year's draft (211th overall, used to select Oscar Lua) and their third-round selection in the 2008 NFL Draft.

osi+ap=allshallperish
10-22-2007, 10:15 AM
Only gripe with the giants' draft is zibby in the third. We need safeties who can cover, either in man on the te or the deep middle. Gibril already gives us a guy who can't cover but is good around the line.

fenikz
10-22-2007, 10:18 AM
love the cardinals draft

Pit Bull #53
10-22-2007, 10:21 AM
Love Kelly in the 1st. Just makes alot of sense to go that direction, in my view anyways.

2nd round I can live with. As far as DB's go, though, what we really need is a FS with some range and ball skills. Not too crazy about this years safety class though.

3rd rounder seems decent as well, but doesn't really seem like our style. We'll have to see what happens with Jacob Bell, he's gonna want a decent sized contract. Olson is getting old and is probably done very very soon. Though one of our beat writers says the coaches intend to start 4th rounder LeRoy Harris at G next year if Olson is gone. We'll see.

I think a guy like Martin Rucker would make alot of sense in the 3rd. Ben Troupe is a mental bust, Bo Scaife is a nice player but seems better suited as a complementary guy, and Ben Hartsock is as slow footed as Kerry Collins.

bearsfan_51
10-22-2007, 10:25 AM
I don't agree with anything you did for the Panthers. I may could see the trade in the 1st, but given that they should worry about OT before worrying about QB of the future since both of the starting OT's are free agents after this season, I definitely don't like the trade. Especially since they could stand pat at their original pick and get an OT.

In the 3rd, no need for a DE. McClover is progressing nicely and we spent a 3rd last year on Charles Johnson. S would be a position to look at there. Another possibility could be WR with both Carter & Colbert being FA's after this season as well.

Best scenario for the Panthers with how your board plays out...

1st- stay at original pick and take Michael Oher
2nd- Thomas DeCoud
3rd- Colt Brennan
This is under the assumption that John Fox is fired, which I think he will be if they don't make the playoffs.

A new coach is going to want a QB to build around first and foremost IMO.

As for the DE, I'm not sure how 1 career tackle is "progressing nicely". The Panthers have NO pass rush off the edge, so I would think that if Johnson or McClover were guys the Panthers were confident in they would let them play more as Mike Rucker is all but done.

Turtlepower
10-22-2007, 10:36 AM
Only gripe with the giants' draft is zibby in the third. We need safeties who can cover, either in man on the te or the deep middle. Gibril already gives us a guy who can't cover but is good around the line.

I agree. Marcus Griffin is someone who I find a tad underrated and think would fit better in the Giants scheme than Zib.

JPF
10-22-2007, 10:43 AM
This is under the assumption that John Fox is fired, which I think he will be if they don't make the playoffs.

A new coach is going to want a QB to build around first and foremost IMO.

As for the DE, I'm not sure how 1 career tackle is "progressing nicely". The Panthers have NO pass rush off the edge, so I would think that if Johnson or McClover were guys the Panthers were confident in they would let them play more as Mike Rucker is all but done.

Yea, all first year coaches draft QBs in the first round, oh wait...

However, I do agree if we don't make the playoffs that Fox may be gone, th

ough he does have the nice excuse of his starting QB getting hurt to fall back on. I also don't think it's a guarantee that we miss the playoffs at this point. We're in first place in our division (though only by a half game) over a Tampa team that's not exactly impressive themselves.

As for your point about Rucker & our lack of a pass rush, personally I agree. However Fox is criticized among Panther fans for sticking with past their prime or non-producing veterans simply because they're veterans. Stephen Davis, Kris Mangum, etc.. This is why McClover doesn't have more than his 'one tackle'. But I'm sure you watch Panther games and know this and aren't basing it simply on stats you had to look up to find out how many tackles he had.

I really can't see how you can argue that we need a QB more than we would a starting tackle. Delhomme will be back next year & we're all but guaranteed that we won't be able to re-sign both of our starting tackles. Especially when a waiver wire pick-up is the only other tackle on our roster.

I can see us drafting a QB on the first day, just not in the first round.

bearsfan_51
10-22-2007, 10:51 AM
Yea, all first year coaches draft QBs in the first round, oh wait...

However, I do agree if we don't make the playoffs that Fox may be gone, th

ough he does have the nice excuse of his starting QB getting hurt to fall back on. I also don't think it's a guarantee that we miss the playoffs at this point. We're in first place in our division (though only by a half game) over a Tampa team that's not exactly impressive themselves.

As for your point about Rucker & our lack of a pass rush, personally I agree. However Fox is criticized among Panther fans for sticking with past their prime or non-producing veterans simply because they're veterans. Stephen Davis, Kris Mangum, etc.. This is why McClover doesn't have more than his 'one tackle'. But I'm sure you watch Panther games and know this and aren't basing it simply on stats you had to look up to find out how many tackles he had.

I really can't see how you can argue that we need a QB more than we would a starting tackle. Delhomme will be back next year & we're all but guaranteed that we won't be able to re-sign both of our starting tackles. Especially when a waiver wire pick-up is the only other tackle on our roster.

I can see us drafting a QB on the first day, just not in the first round.
You go ahead and make an argument that a player that has one career tackle is progressing nicely. I would love to hear it.

I don't need to watch every Panthers game to know that, what would I be watching? How well he drinks water on the sideline? How well he doesn't contribute anything to the game?

JPF
10-22-2007, 10:59 AM
You go ahead and make an argument that a player that has one career tackle is progressing nicely. I would love to hear it.

I don't need to watch every Panthers game to know that, what would I be watching? How well he drinks water on the sideline? How well he doesn't contribute anything to the game?

You missed the point of my post which is that Fox doesn't play young players if there's a veteran at the position. Thus why Rucker is still playing, why Kris Mangum was starting last year instead of Jeff King, why Stephen Davis was still starting in 2005 despite only averaging 3.1 ypc, why Jeff Mitchell started in 2005 despite getting beat soundly most games.

Ewing
10-22-2007, 11:37 AM
As a Titans fan I would rather go with Mike Jenkins from USF in the first considering we need a corner and it would allow Griffin to move back to his natural FS position. If not Jenkins then Dan Connor would be perfect because we need a legit middle linebacker to help out Bulluck and Thornton. Then in the second I think the best option would be trading up for Limas Sweed and if we couldn't pull that off then grabbing D.J. Hall would be the best bet. In the third I would like to get Martin Rucker since it would give Vince another target along with whatever receiver we get in the second. If not Rucker then Chris Ellis would be ideal to play opposite of KVB.

thule
10-22-2007, 11:56 AM
Dallas draft is Meh...

Jenkins...is nice.
Trading down is an option I guess given the value on the board...but like I said last mock...I really don't like the Douglass fit.
Okam at the end of 2 is ok I guess...still don't know if Wade would bite...Okam doesn't have the athleticism to play in Wades scheme imo.
RB is fine...safe to say we'll go this direction sometime.
Griffin...meh Safety position is too deep as it is...interior OL could use some youth/quality depth.

bearsfan_51
10-22-2007, 12:07 PM
Adjusted the 3rd round quite a bit due to the Pats having Oakland's 3rd.

Ewing
10-22-2007, 12:09 PM
Justice would also be good in the third. We need to look at a center for the future considering Mawae only has like three years left.

T-RICH49
10-22-2007, 12:29 PM
nicely done on KC's draft

thule
10-22-2007, 12:39 PM
I like the changes...Young to Dallas makes some sense. Overall I still think you'd be the man if you gave Lavelle Hawkins some love...but I understand. Most people aren't buying right now...and by people I mean online scouts outside of kiper.

princefielder28
10-22-2007, 12:46 PM
Standing ovation for the Packers draft

bearsfan_51
10-22-2007, 12:51 PM
I like the changes...Young to Dallas makes some sense. Overall I still think you'd be the man if you gave Lavelle Hawkins some love...but I understand. Most people aren't buying right now...and by people I mean online scouts outside of kiper.
Actually I really like Hawkins, but this is more of a reflection of what I think the draft will look like, not just what I think it should look like. But I've got Hawkins as a 2nd-3rd round prospect. I've also got Monk and Paul Hubbard as 1st day prospects but don't see that either.

Turtlepower
10-22-2007, 01:00 PM
Actually I really like Hawkins, but this is more of a reflection of what I think the draft will look like, not just what I think it should look like. But I've got Hawkins as a 2nd-3rd round prospect. I've also got Monk and Paul Hubbard as 1st day prospects but don't see that either.

WR is not something I would love on day 1. How about some o-line depth with Jeff Otah from Pitt?

Crow
10-22-2007, 01:02 PM
Not a fan of dropping such a high pick on a "letdown" player.

bearsfan_51
10-22-2007, 01:07 PM
WR is not something I would love on day 1. How about some o-line depth with Jeff Otah from Pitt?
I'm pretty much chalking up Sinorice Moss as a wasted pick. Agree to disagree if you like but the Giants are aging at the WR and could stand to create some more competition there.

Turtlepower
10-22-2007, 01:11 PM
I'm pretty much chalking up Sinorice Moss as a wasted pick. Agree to disagree if you like but the Giants are aging at the WR and could stand to create some more competition there.

I agree on Moss, but I would prefer we just get a veteran WR in the offseason. I could see this pick if we do nothing, but I am also more of a fan of Hawkins and Monk and think that Franklin is more of a productive of Mizzu's spread offense system.

Xiomera
10-22-2007, 01:16 PM
16)Detroit Lions- Justin King- Cornerback, Penn State
-You can basically take any of the back seven positions and they would be a possibility for the Lions. If King runs the 4.2 forty that some people are expecting he could go much higher. The Lions don't really run a traditional Tampa 2 anyway, and could use a corner that can actually play some man.

Very nice pick. We need a CB, and I like King better than Malcolm from OSU, which seems to be the common pick.

Wheeler is a good 2nd rounder. ILB is a need.

Not so sure on Griffin in the 3rd. We get Bullocks back from injury next year, and we have other needs than another young safety. I would go O-Line there.

georgiafan
10-22-2007, 02:04 PM
I'm praying the falcons draft ends up like this

bearsfan_51
10-22-2007, 02:05 PM
Not so sure on Griffin in the 3rd. We get Bullocks back from injury next year, and we have other needs than another young safety. I would go O-Line there.
I actually did at first, but changed my mind as guard play doesn't seem to be as much of a problem as tackle play.

Wyndham
10-22-2007, 02:22 PM
Fluellen is better than Caldwell, I guess.

Allen, Hali, Tyler, McBride, Boone, Edwards, Fluellen... that's how to build a DL.

MaddHatter
10-22-2007, 04:32 PM
Love every Dallas Cowboys pick except the Okam pick - worst NT prospect I could imagine (and I'm a Longhorns fan)

I also prefer King over Jenkins but purely because I think he has a higher upside and reminds me of Newman

PACKmanN
10-22-2007, 04:40 PM
BF I don't know much about Chevis Jackson, what type of CB is he? man or zone? more info. I love everything else. Right now I would take Zack Bowman over Jackson.

Chucky
10-22-2007, 04:57 PM
Regarding the bucs pick, I think Doucett would be a great pick, even though everyone knows joey galloway will never ever slow down.

I think Okam would be a better pick in the second round, as the bucs dont have a great NT of the future.

and I think Colt Brennan provides great value in the third, and i think gruden could work wonders with him

bearsfan_51
10-22-2007, 05:09 PM
BF I don't know much about Chevis Jackson, what type of CB is he? man or zone? more info. I love everything else. Right now I would take Zack Bowman over Jackson.
http://www.lsusports.net/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=5200&ATCLID=174930&Q_SEASON=2006

There's a quick bio. I would say he's probably more of a man-cover, but really there's no such thing as a man-cover anymore in the NFL.

As for Bowman I think his health issues make him a 3rd round pick at the earliest.

scottyboy
10-22-2007, 05:35 PM
love the Giants 1st pick, great position with the 2nd, dont know much about him. 3rd, you could go WR, it wouldnt be awful, but for a #4 WR next year, eh. Moss could suffice there for a bit, and we've got a big kid named Mix who'd do ok there as well. Amani's aging, but should play another year. It's not an awful pick by any means, but something that could be addressed via FA or a later draft. but again, lovin the 1st 2 picks

Canadian_draft_fan
10-22-2007, 06:01 PM
For the Skins'
Let's see
1. WR Adarius Bowman
2. DE Lawrence Jackson
3. OG Roy Schuening

OK, if I had a wife she would bear your children. This addresses what I think are three highest priority needs for the Skins. If the Skins do't use at least 2 of their three day 1 picks ons the O and Dlines I will be PO'ed.

the rest of your mock is strong as well. Good work.

49ersfan_87
10-22-2007, 06:02 PM
Im not too big on players yet, so ill just talk about position.

R1- WR

Not a big fan of it, though i can see your rationale. Of the current WR on our roster, the only locks to make it next year are Jason Hill and Arnaz Battle. Maybe Ashley Lelie. Darrell Jackson has been a huge dissapointment and the rest are scrubs. Wouldnt mind a WR, though its not my first option. NT/OLB would be.

R2/R3

CB/FS

Im not too big about spending two first day picks on CB, especially if Nolan is still here and drafting. He hasnt spent a first day pick on the secondary yet, and the secondary is arguably our best unit on the field. The 49ers desperately need a pass rusher and a NT. G/T are also options. Dont rule out QB/RB in R3 as well. One guy i wouldnt mind is Shawn Crable, ive heard good things about him. Lawson isnt a pass rusher and TBC is a backup only. If we take WR in R1, id like OLB in R2 and NT in R3.

yo123
10-22-2007, 06:34 PM
Nice Vikings pick in the first round. Not too sure about the second round pick. Eventually we need to quit trying to stockpile these young and inexperienced wide recievers.

Not if the ones that we have stockpiled suck. I like the picks though BF, I've warmed up to Woodson a litte, hes still my 3rd QB but at this point if hes there we need to take him to replace that sack of **** we have behind center now.

Crazy_Chris
10-22-2007, 06:36 PM
Eh im not a fan of Andre Woodson to the vikings. I think Matt Ryan would be a better fit for the vikings or even brohm. However i love the 2nd round pick.

TitanHope
10-22-2007, 06:49 PM
For the Titans...

Malcolm Kelly in the first is a great pick. I love it.

I'm a big fan of Dwight Lowery and I like his versatility. I don't know if PacMan will be joining the Titans again, and Harper is a temporary solution. Finnegan is great, I want Griffin at FS, and we don't have young depth behind them. Great pick. Alternate choice: Jonathan Goff

Steve Justice has the most badass name ever. He sounds like a superhero, so I assume he plays like one. So an automatic good pick. We'll likely keep him at Center and convert Leroy Harris to Guard. Great pick. Alternate choice: Martin Rucker...who I love!!!

Awesome draft BF51! My favorite thus far.

BaLLiN
10-22-2007, 08:27 PM
Giants draft is great.
Rivers- provides quickness, hitting ability to get other players in the game, and playmaking ability. Solid young talent at LB

Tracy Porter- good pickup in late second, if not him, Marcus Griffin sounds good as well

some WR- no, no, no, we don't need another WR on the first day, and especially with Torrain there,

skinzzfan25
10-22-2007, 08:41 PM
Love the Skins draft.

I'd be shocked to see if Jackson fell to us that far in the 2nd round.

Tubby
10-22-2007, 09:03 PM
First two picks are god, but drafting a WR at all doesnt make any sense at all.

GB12
10-22-2007, 09:13 PM
I really like Felix and the rest of the draft is good as well.

bearsfan_51
10-22-2007, 09:19 PM
First two picks are god, but drafting a WR at all doesnt make any sense at all.

Bobby Engram is 34.

Nate Burleson sucks.

Beans
10-22-2007, 09:36 PM
Love Brennan in the third, Doucet's good in the first, not too big on RB in the 2nd. Maybe some Defense there.

JCutlery
10-22-2007, 11:30 PM
Great Broncos draft.

sdpads24
10-22-2007, 11:54 PM
Judging by what I have seen from other mock drafts, Rey Maualuga falling into the second round isn't very likely(But then again, this is far and above any normal mock so I can take this one a bit more seriously). That would be awesome if he did though, he's played great this year for USC.

bearsfan_51
10-22-2007, 11:59 PM
Judging by what I have seen from other mock drafts, Rey Maualuga falling into the second round isn't very likely(But then again, this is far and above any normal mock so I can take this one a bit more seriously). That would be awesome if he did though, he's played great this year for USC.
Maualuga probably is a top 25 pick, he just happened to slip a bit. It's only about 10-15 picks from where he should go.

NATIONALchamps
10-23-2007, 12:25 AM
once again great mock draft. how long does it take to complete and fill all the holes?

Caddy
10-23-2007, 06:45 AM
Thank-you for not giving the Buc's Rivers in the 1st again. Doucet is a reasonable pick. The Buccaneers need a WR and he would be a decent option. I'm not a big fan of a RB in the 2nd but I love Brennan in the 3rd.

TitleTown088
10-23-2007, 08:12 AM
Absolutely perfect GB draft. Love it.

D-Unit
10-23-2007, 01:15 PM
Creative trade scenario for the Boys. But mocks with trades in them at this point in time are just fun for the imagination. Then again... that's what mocks are anyways.

I don't see the Boys trading out of their first round pick if Jonathan Stewart is there. Simply no way. Goodness, I hope not.

Jenkins and Stewart in Round 1... I would be happy for the rest of my life.

DChess
10-23-2007, 01:48 PM
perfect browns draft, i love both picks.

NYGibril28
10-23-2007, 01:59 PM
Good first two picks for the Giants, no complaints, and while Will Franklin isn't a horrible pick, I can't see Reese going WR two year's in a row on Day 1. RB maybe or O-Line depth or anywhere on the defense would be a better pick in my opinion.

As always, good read, keep up the good work man. You're getting closer and closer to toonster territory. Is that possible though?

bored of education
10-23-2007, 02:03 PM
I like KC's Draft alot. I wouldn't mind seeing Bell from UNLV in the 3rd. But overall very nice

LionSmack
10-23-2007, 02:58 PM
I'm kind of ambivalent on your Lions picks here, I don't have a problem with them going CB-MLB in the first two rounds but it's just hard to sort out what players will fit for them in those slots.

King and Wheeler aren't the exciting names (to me) at those positions, but after the season and the underclassmen declaring and the Senior Bowl and the combine, who's to say those won't be the best prospects at that point.

As for a S in the third round, I feel that's unlikely. With two second-round picks at S in the last two years, I think Millen will look elsewhere as he tends to give his first-day picks several years to fail and doesn't usually look to replace them very quickly. But then again, the third round has been where Millen has had some of his biggest head-scratchers (Calhoun, Stanley Wilson) so I won't quibble about that pick too much.

M.O.T.H.
10-23-2007, 03:42 PM
Jasper Brinkley will be coming back to South Carolina next year. They have applied for a medical redshirt and there really is no reason for NCAA to reject it. Brinkley said himself, that he is definitely coming back.

falconsrule
10-23-2007, 03:49 PM
I really doubt Atlanta would trade both 2nd round picks to draft Brohm while we have so many other needs and LT is without question the number one concern for Atlanta right now even though we have alot of needs.Even though I like the pics realisticly I doubt Atlanta would do this.

bearsfan_51
10-23-2007, 04:41 PM
Jasper Brinkley will be coming back to South Carolina next year. They have applied for a medical redshirt and there really is no reason for NCAA to reject it. Brinkley said himself, that he is definitely coming back.
Thanks for the update. I knew it was something he was strongly considering but hadn't heard if he actually did it or not.

bearsfan_51
10-23-2007, 04:42 PM
King and Wheeler aren't the exciting names (to me) at those positions, but after the season and the underclassmen declaring and the Senior Bowl and the combine, who's to say those won't be the best prospects at that point.
If King and Wheeler don't excite you I'm curious, who does? Those are both pretty well known names.

CLong4Heisman
10-23-2007, 06:14 PM
The first two Jets pick are perfect, exactly what we need. However, the Jets don't use the Tight End enough to warrent taking Carlson in the 3rd. IMO the better pick would be either Andre Caldwell to replace McCareins or Shannon Trevanga the guard from UCLA to replace Kendall.

dbtb135
10-23-2007, 06:48 PM
I think Okam would be a better pick in the second round, as the bucs dont have a great NT of the future.

1. We've never been a team to value a big nose tackle, the system we run doesn't require one.

2. Okam doesn't really fit the scheme, he's better off playing NT for a non-Cover two 4-3 defense.

3. It's not really a big need with Hovan there, Haye can play there if Greg Peterson keeps improving, Kevin Carter can play there.

21)Tampa Bay Bucs- Early Doucett- Wide Reciever, LSU
-The Bucs miss out on trading up for a QB, but that's probably not a big deal for Chucky as he likes to deal with vet QB's anyway. Doucett would give them a nice target to work with and help offset the inevitable decline of Galloway (assuming that ever happens of course)

53)Tampa Bay- Tashard Choice- RB, Georgia Tech

85)Tampa Bay- Colt Brennan- QB, Hawaii

Doucet is exactly what we need, no Bucs fan would disagree with talented young deep threat WR who can return until Galloway retires.

Choice is a good pick because Pittman will be 33 before the start of next season. RBs, specifically receiving RBs, don't tend to be nearly as effective once they hit the mid-30s. His time is almost up. Caddy won't be back until mid-season of next season at the absolute earliest. No one knows if the injury will affect his burst and his effectiveness, but if it does, we're between a rock and a hard place. RB problems have killed us this season, another year of that would do us no good. Earnest Graham has 1 1/2 good games in his 5 year career and they're this season against the 27th and 29th ranked Ds.

Still not a fan of a QB in round 3, but Brennan's potential is more believable than Booty's IMO. Plus, there's really no one on the board left that makes it a terrible pick. Even with the pick, it's a great draft for us with the potential to be even better if Brennan works out.

TacticaLion
10-24-2007, 11:06 AM
I'd rather have Connor/Jackson (or another CB) over King/Wheeler.

A solid CB can improve our secondary (and I think we can get one in round 2), but our defense needs a pure stud at MLB.

The S depth is interesting. Our starting safeties next year should be Alexander/Bullocks, which makes me think we could look elsewhere with our 3rd round pick.

Addict
10-24-2007, 12:05 PM
I'd rather have Connor/Jackson (or another CB) over King/Wheeler.

A solid CB can improve our secondary (and I think we can get one in round 2), but our defense needs a pure stud at MLB.

The S depth is interesting. Our starting safeties next year should be Alexander/Bullocks, which makes me think we could look elsewhere with our 3rd round pick.

Lions got so many holes there's no position outside of WR or DT where we don't need talent.

KCJ58
10-24-2007, 12:41 PM
if Dorsey is off the board i like the pick

iloxygenil
10-24-2007, 01:38 PM
I think the Falcons are in too much need to trade away 2 picks for 1...I want Brohm in Atlanta, but I believe that having 3 players in the top 40 of the draft is insane...I know 2 in the top 15 is wonderful 2, especially those 2, but we HAVE to fix our offensive line...if we could land a guy like Max Starks in the offseason, then I'd LOVE to see a draft like this. I really don't want to trade up and lose picks though, I'd rather trade DOWN from #3 to #15 and pickup additional picks, than trade up...

bearsfan_51
10-24-2007, 02:24 PM
I think the Falcons are in too much need to trade away 2 picks for 1...I want Brohm in Atlanta, but I believe that having 3 players in the top 40 of the draft is insane...I know 2 in the top 15 is wonderful 2, especially those 2, but we HAVE to fix our offensive line...if we could land a guy like Max Starks in the offseason, then I'd LOVE to see a draft like this. I really don't want to trade up and lose picks though, I'd rather trade DOWN from #3 to #15 and pickup additional picks, than trade up...
The problems on your offensive line are just as much a result of Joey Harrington having god-awful pocket presence as anything.

I'm not saying you don't have a valid point, but getting a new QB would cut down on the sacks more than drafting one specific lineman would.

georgiafan
10-25-2007, 10:54 AM
Even though OL is the biggest need If I have a chance to come away with Mcfadden and Brohm then I have to take it. The possibility of trading Hall is looking more like a possibility which would allow us to a take a QB and keep both 2nd round picks.

Jakey
10-26-2007, 05:54 AM
Love the Steelers first two picks, not sure about Avery though. On the whole a good mock. Grade A-

jsagan77
10-26-2007, 06:21 AM
Great Skins draft! If Jackson fell to the 2nd and we got Bowman in the 1st ... wow..

D-Rod
10-26-2007, 09:04 AM
Brohm and McFadden would be great, but they'll not do much without an O-line...

bearsfan_51
10-26-2007, 09:42 AM
Brohm and McFadden would be great, but they'll not do much without an O-line...

Like I said in the desciption, the Falcons aren't going to do much next year anyway. Though I still believe the O-Line looks much worse on account of Harrington being the QB.

Unbiased
10-26-2007, 11:13 AM
I just can't see Jonathan Stewart fall into the second round.

49ers169
10-26-2007, 11:18 AM
Not a big fan at all for the 49ers draft.

Yes we need some receivers but I think we won't address that in the draft.

The way you have the draft setup, I would have taken Rey Maualuga in the first round. Yes we don't have a big need at linebacker but Maualuga fits in perfectly and I am not sold on Moore or Derek Smith. I think the most realistic option would be Quentin Groves since I doubt the Steelers take another rush end with taking Woodley last year.

In the second round we would have to address the defensive line. Either Demonte Bolden if you have him coming out or DeMario Pressley or Kentwan Balmer from UNC. Those three guys would be the three I would look at in the 2nd round.

In the third I like the Hefney pick and some other options would be O-Line or Wide Receiver.

Cashmoney
10-26-2007, 12:10 PM
i think theres pretty much no chance of the titans taking an O-lineman on the first day unless we cut benji or mawae retires whcih i doubt will happen. O-line is one of the strengths of the titans right now.