PDA

View Full Version : Osi WHO

bored of education
10-22-2007, 08:59 AM
JARRED ALLEN PWNS OSI!

Let the Debate BEGIN!

Wyndham
10-22-2007, 09:06 AM
There really should be no debate; Allen is clearly the superior player.

But there's little to gain from a thread like this.

osi+ap=allshallperish
10-22-2007, 09:07 AM
Both are having big years and I'd wait til the end of the year to compare their seasons. But osi is a miracle man.

Vikes99ej
10-22-2007, 09:08 AM
Darryl Tapp pwns both of them.

bored of education
10-22-2007, 09:09 AM
JA can also out drink Osi.

Jughead10
10-22-2007, 09:12 AM

I don't see how you can say either is clearly superior to the other. Although I'm more happy that our 4 main passrushers combined have 23.5 sacks.

The Legend
10-22-2007, 09:16 AM
Julian Peterson will win DPOY

osi+ap=allshallperish
10-22-2007, 09:19 AM
JA can also out drink Osi.

True, but Osi is a freakin chief of a tribe. Game, set and match.

Basileus777
10-22-2007, 11:01 AM
Eh, both are no Julius Peppers...

:)

Shiver
10-22-2007, 11:52 AM

These are the kind of comments that are anti-productive. If you state something like that you need to back it up. Especially when the majority do not agree that player ______ is "clearly superior" than player _____.

Turtlepower
10-22-2007, 11:57 AM
These are the kind of comments that are anti-productive. If you state something like that you need to back it up. Especially when the majority do not agree that player ______ is "clearly superior" than player _____.

Chief Osi is obviously the better DE when compared to Jared Allen. Is there even a point for this discussion. =D

bearsfan_51
10-22-2007, 12:14 PM
Brian Urlacher is better and more productive than Paris Lennon.

Discuss.

Moses
10-22-2007, 12:25 PM
Brian Urlacher is better and more productive than Paris Lennon.

Discuss.

BF51 with another typical homer post.

Turtlepower
10-22-2007, 12:26 PM
Brian Urlacher is better and more productive than Paris Hilton.

Discuss.

Fixed it for you... Makes probably little sense, but wanted to do it anyway.

KCJ58
10-22-2007, 12:31 PM
Leonard Little drives drunk

Number 10
10-22-2007, 12:34 PM
Osi makes me look smart.

Number 10
10-22-2007, 12:35 PM
And I know the kind of year he is having is just killing the insides of the majority of NFLDC posters because I honestly recall maybe 2-3 people that agreed with me when the whole thing started.

Funny thing is pride will get in the way of people admitting they were wrong about Osi.

Moses
10-22-2007, 12:37 PM
And I know the kind of year he is having is just killing the insides of the majority of NFLDC posters because I honestly recall maybe 2-3 people that agreed with me when the whole thing started.

Funny thing is pride will get in the way of people admitting they were wrong about Osi.

I still think Julius Peppers is the better player if that's what you're getting at.

SuperKevin
10-22-2007, 12:44 PM
Off topic but Troy produces some talented pass rushers

Number 10
10-22-2007, 12:46 PM
I still think Julius Peppers is the better player if that's what you're getting at.

I don't see how....but as I promised I will not get into this debate until after the season is over (so that Peppers can get a fair shot at rebounding after his horrid start).

I will likely create a thread sometime in January and then we can go through this for the 3rd time and I will allow more people to come on my boat just like last year.

So until then....just go watch what #72 does in preparation as much as possible.

Number 10
10-22-2007, 12:47 PM
Off topic but Troy produces some talented pass rushers

Can you imagine Osi and Ware on the same line at a low level of college football

SuperKevin
10-22-2007, 12:48 PM
Can you imagine Osi and Ware on the same line at a low level of college football

I pray for mercy on their opposing quarterbacks

Jughead10
10-22-2007, 12:49 PM

It would almost be liked having Osi, Strahan, and Tuck on the same line in the NFL.

Moses
10-22-2007, 12:51 PM
I don't see how....but as I promised I will not get into this debate until after the season is over (so that Peppers can get a fair shot at rebounding after his horrid start).

I will likely create a thread sometime in January and then we can go through this for the 3rd time and I will allow more people to come on my boat just like last year.

So until then....just go watch what #72 does in preparation as much as possible.

Peppers has one bad year and Osi has one good one and all of a sudden he's the better player? Come on.

Osi has had a 10+ sack season just once in his career. That just doesn't jump out at me as a dominant player in the same class as Peppers, who has had four.

Really, even this year Osi had like 6 or 7 sacks in one game. Obviously that's a great feat but where have the sacks been in the rest of the games? He would be right around Peppers had he not have had that outburst against terrible coaching and a terrible rookie tackle.

Jughead10
10-22-2007, 12:54 PM
Peppers has one bad year and Osi has one good one and all of a sudden he's the better player? Come on.

Osi has had a 10+ sack season just once in his career. That just doesn't jump out at me as a dominant player in the same class as Peppers, who has had four.

Really, even this year Osi had like 6 or 7 sacks in one game. Obviously that's a great feat but where have the sacks been in the rest of the games? He would be right around Peppers had he not have had that outburst against terrible coaching and a terrible rookie tackle.

Thats the one huge knock on Osi. He has to stay healthy.

Number 10
10-22-2007, 12:54 PM

I'm ot getting into this in depth now but taking away a player's best game away from him is now fair in evaluating his performance? That's fair. If you want to use that logic, go check out who Peppers faced off against in his best game this season and let me know what he did, I'll be back in an hour and a half. After you tell me who he was up against, we'll be done with this until January.

Turtlepower
10-22-2007, 12:57 PM
Chief Osi pisses excellence while Jared Allen only pisses blood. =D

Jughead10
10-22-2007, 12:58 PM

Actually its more like Jared Allen blows a .18.

SuperKevin
10-22-2007, 12:59 PM

I thought Jared Allen pissed Pabst Blue Ribbon or whatever those hilljacks in Idaho drink

Moses
10-22-2007, 01:00 PM
I'm ot getting into this in depth now but taking away a player's best game away from him is now fair in evaluating his performance? That's fair. If you want to use that logic, go check out who Peppers faced off against in his best game this season and let me know what he did, I'll be back in an hour and a half. After you tell me who he was up against, we'll be done with this until January.

That's not even the main point of my argument. I'm just saying that getting 6 sacks in a game is indicative that whoever you were playing is a complete pilon. Give credit to Osi for that game. He played great, but it's obvious that ANY defensive end would have lit up that situation.

My main point is that Osi hasn't been on an elite level like Peppers has been for so long. Sure, it's easy to say that Osi is better than Peppers now because he's having a better year. Wow, one season. Talk to me when Osi strings together two 10+ sacks seasons in a row.

Shiver
10-22-2007, 01:05 PM
Unless Julius Peppers goes on an unprecedented rampage then this will be the 2nd time in three seasons that Osi Umenyiora outperformed him.

no love
10-22-2007, 01:11 PM
Julian Peterson will win DPOY

Maybe he should, but I wonder if anyone will pay attention to him in Seattle. He played lights out last year and very few people were talking about him. Sure he will get voted to the pro bowl, but DPOY? It will probably go to whoever ESPN chooses to pimp for the next few months. God I hate ESPN coverage.

osi+ap=allshallperish
10-22-2007, 01:14 PM
Unless Julius Peppers goes on an unprecedented rampage then this will be the 2nd time in three seasons that Osi Umenyiora outperformed him.

also worth pointing out that prior to these 3 years Osi was not the starter and in the season where peppers out produced him osi missed half the season.

osi+ap=allshallperish
10-22-2007, 01:15 PM
I thought Jared Allen pissed Pabst Blue Ribbon or whatever those hilljacks in Idaho drink

Boon's Farm?

Number 10
10-22-2007, 01:54 PM
That's not even the main point of my argument. I'm just saying that getting 6 sacks in a game is indicative that whoever you were playing is a complete pilon. Give credit to Osi for that game. He played great, but it's obvious that ANY defensive end would have lit up that situation.

My main point is that Osi hasn't been on an elite level like Peppers has been for so long. Sure, it's easy to say that Osi is better than Peppers now because he's having a better year. Wow, one season. Talk to me when Osi strings together two 10+ sacks seasons in a row.

I said it 2 years ago...not based on years of production but based on what I saw with my eyes while watchging plenty of the two and comparing them. I suggest you do the same instead of looking at stat lines on NFL.com.

Giantsfan1080
10-22-2007, 02:10 PM
You know how much of an athletic play Osi made yesterday. I was at the game so I didn't quite realize how great of a play that sack/fumble return was. He got the sack and all in one motion picked up the ball cleanly and got to full speed to run the ball 75 yards. I don't know if we would be seeing that out of Jared Allen anytime soon.

bigbluedefense
10-22-2007, 02:13 PM

thank you. but hey, peppers is really really fast in madden.

Wyndham
10-22-2007, 02:14 PM
I don't see how you can say either is clearly superior to the other.

Allen has 8 sacks in five games, Osi 8 in seven games. 6 of them came in one game against the awful backup OT of a pass-happy team.

And Allen is far superior against the run. That's not even close.

Although I'm more happy that our 4 main passrushers combined have 23.5 sacks.

Must be nice.

Allen has a DE opposite him hobbled by injuries totalling just 2.5 sacks and a DT pairing that has just two combined sacks.

Allen gets far more attention from opposing teams. You just can't double Osi EVERY freaking play which is what the Raiders, like the Bengals after Allen raped Levi Jones, did yesterday.

bored of education
10-22-2007, 02:15 PM
THAT CLEARLY MAKES HIM BETTER.

The way I see it, it revolves around consistancy. Their are games where Osi is not even there whether he is healthy or just doesn't make the plays. Allen is ALWAYS THERE in some form even when he was suspended he was there. Allen may not be flashy or athletically inclined like Osi but he is jsut as dominant and can disrupt the overall gameplan for a coach.

Before this year Allen was def. a Pro Bowler or damn enar Pro Bowler. After this year with how hard he works, and his crazy I'm gonna kill you for stealing my booze atitude I GURANTEE (sig bets) JA has 18 plus sacks. Also making him worthy of being in the best DE in the game discussion. Right now he is in the Kampman, Schoebel, Osi group.

Jughead10
10-22-2007, 02:15 PM
Allen has 8 sacks in five games, Osi 8 in seven games. 6 of them came in one game against the awful backup OT of a pass-happy team.

Again I don't think you can say Allen is far superior against the run that's its not even close. That would just be false.

As for Osi playing in 7 games. He played about 3 snaps of week 1 before being taken out because of an injury that clearly lingered the game after where he was limited.

Wyndham
10-22-2007, 02:16 PM
You know how much of an athletic play Ois made yesterday. I was at the game so I didn't quite realize how great of a play that sack/fumble return was. He got the sack and all in one motion picked up the ball cleanly and got to full speed to run the ball 75 yards. I don't know if we would be seeing that out of Jared Allen anytime soon.

Then you need to watch more. Allen is routinely all over the field.

Did Umenyiora cover a TE and literally force him to drop the ball? Did Umenyiora chase a flanked WR (not TE or RB) screen down for a gain of just two yards on 3rd and long?

Give Jared Allen two extra games plus Michael Strahan and Justin Tuck and he has 11+ sacks right now, and he'd be even more dominant against the run, which is frightening.

Jughead10
10-22-2007, 02:17 PM
Their are games where Osi is not even there whether he is healthy or just doesn't make the plays.

There are never games when Osi is not even there when he is on the field. Yet somehow Allen is still there when suspended?

Giantsfan1080
10-22-2007, 02:19 PM
Then you need to watch more. Allen is routinely all over the field.

Did Umenyiora cover a TE and literally force him to drop the ball? Did Umenyiora chase a flanked WR (not TE or RB) screen down for a gain of just two yards on 3rd and long?

Give Jared Allen two extra games plus Michael Strahan and Justin Tuck and he has 11+ sacks right now, and he'd be even more dominant against the run, which is frightening.

Yeah actually Osi has done all those things in his career. The play I knew Osi would be a star is where he ran down Randy Moss on a reverse when he was still on the Vikings. He actually did the same thing two years ago against the Cowboys with Jones running.

Wyndham
10-22-2007, 02:19 PM
Lets not underestimate the impact of playing alongside a HOFer and stud with seven sacks as opposed to the combined FOUR sacks KC's other three DL have opposite Allen.

I won't even get into competition.

Allen also has more tackles than Osi in two less games.

Giantsfan1080
10-22-2007, 02:20 PM
THAT CLEARLY MAKES HIM BETTER.

The way I see it, it revolves around consistancy. Their are games where Osi is not even there whether he is healthy or just doesn't make the plays. Allen is ALWAYS THERE in some form even when he was suspended he was there. Allen may not be flashy or athletically inclined like Osi but he is jsut as dominant and can disrupt the overall gameplan for a coach.

Before this year Allen was def. a Pro Bowler or damn enar Pro Bowler. After this year with how hard he works, and his crazy I'm gonna kill you for stealing my booze atitude I GURANTEE (sig bets) JA has 18 plus sacks. Also making him worthy of being in the best DE in the game discussion. Right now he is in the Kampman, Schoebel, Osi group.

That is so far from the truth it's crazy. Osi is on the Qb all day whether or not he notches a sack. He also plays the run just as well as any DE in the NFL. If he can stay healthy which is the knock on him then there isn't much to argue with.

bigbluedefense
10-22-2007, 02:22 PM

First let me say that I think Allen is a very good player and worthy of discussion.

However, the bolded proves to me that you have not seen Osi play on a consistent basis, and are making assumptions of him based of statlines.

Jughead10
10-22-2007, 02:23 PM
Lets not underestimate the impact of playing alongside a HOFer and stud with seven sacks as opposed to the combined FOUR sacks KC's other three DL have opposite Allen.

I won't even get into competition.

Allen also has more tackles than Osi in two less games.

Crazy thing is all these guys get in so fast, that if one of them wasn't there Osi might have 1 or 2 more sacks. All 3 of them just get at the QB so fast. Apparently they all throw money in a hat before the game and whoever has the best game takes the pot. Friendly competition.

bigbluedefense
10-22-2007, 02:25 PM
Did Umenyiora cover a TE and literally force him to drop the ball?

yes

Did Umenyiora chase a flanked WR (not TE or RB) screen down for a gain of just two yards on 3rd and long?

yes

Again, watch him play before shunning him.

Number 10
10-22-2007, 02:28 PM
haha....

I thought the whole Allen thing was just a joke. Gotta love NFLDC.

Jughead10
10-22-2007, 02:30 PM
Either way both are great stories. Osi was a late 2nd round pick who left everyone saying "Osi who?" on draft day. Small school and wasn't even invited to the combine.

Allen was a 4th rounder I believe. Another small school guy. Not sure if he was invited to the combine but I know one of the main reasons the Cheifs even took him was because he could also long snap.

Basileus777
10-22-2007, 02:33 PM
haha....

I thought the whole Allen thing was just a joke. Gotta love NFLDC.

Now you're the one being the homer. Osi and Allen are certainly comparable.

Number 10
10-22-2007, 02:34 PM
Now you're the one being the homer. Osi and Allen are certainly comparable.

Allen is good and yes they are comparible. But Osi does things Allen cannot....can't say the opposite.

Osi is clearly the better DE.

Shiver
10-22-2007, 02:36 PM
My dad could beat up your dad!

Flyboy
10-22-2007, 02:37 PM
My schlong is bigger than your schlong.

And, my schlong is better & more productive than your schlong.

Turtlepower
10-22-2007, 02:38 PM
My dad could beat up your dad!

Not if my dad was Osi and your Dad was Jared Allen.

Basileus777
10-22-2007, 02:40 PM
Not if my dad was Osi and your Dad was Jared Allen.

Osi is made of glass, Allen would break him.

McBain
10-22-2007, 02:45 PM
I dont like osi... but i have to respect the man.

NSFW

http://bp0.blogger.com/_pw9SjtBkmsg/RwVMr7lKezI/AAAAAAAAAV4/WS8lJEQ40Yc/s400/osi.jpg

bored of education
10-22-2007, 02:46 PM
ohh

and is OSI also the back up long snapper????

Jughead10
10-22-2007, 02:50 PM
I dont like osi... but i have to respect the man.

NSFW

http://bp0.blogger.com/_pw9SjtBkmsg/RwVMr7lKezI/AAAAAAAAAV4/WS8lJEQ40Yc/s400/osi.jpg

Osi's baby's mother is a model who is in a ton of music videos.

Moses
10-22-2007, 03:03 PM
I said it 2 years ago...not based on years of production but based on what I saw with my eyes while watchging plenty of the two and comparing them. I suggest you do the same instead of looking at stat lines on NFL.com.

I have seen both play extensively over a number of years. Julius Peppers has impressed me more than any defensive end over this time period. He is a monster rushing the passer, makes a lot of impact plays against the run, and is the best DE in coverage in the league. He's similar to DeMarcus Ware in that he can do a lot of things at an elite level which gives his coach a lot of versatility in schemes.

Osi is a very nice defensive end but he has not shown me enough to warrant him being ranked ahead of Peppers.

LonghornsLegend
10-22-2007, 03:51 PM
Marcus Spears is a better and more productive DE then Osi

That is all

kmartin575
10-22-2007, 04:27 PM
Chief Osi is obviously the better DE when compared to Jared Allen. Is there even a point for this discussion. =D

Jared Allen missed the first 2 games of the season yet still is tied for the league lead in sacks.

kmartin575
10-22-2007, 04:33 PM
You know how much of an athletic play Osi made yesterday. I was at the game so I didn't quite realize how great of a play that sack/fumble return was. He got the sack and all in one motion picked up the ball cleanly and got to full speed to run the ball 75 yards. I don't know if we would be seeing that out of Jared Allen anytime soon.

Against Miami last year Joey Harrington attempted to hand the ball off to Ronnie Brown in the backfield but Jared Allen took the ball from them during the handoff and ran it back about 20 yards before he was tackled.

Jared Allen isn't as fast as Osi but he has a bigger wingspan and is bigger.

Allen has won games on his own for the Chiefs such as against Washington in 2005. He recorded 3 sacks against Mark Brunell that game, 2 of which were forced fumbles that he also recovered himself.

Wyndham
10-23-2007, 08:40 AM
Allen is good and yes they are comparible. But Osi does things Allen cannot....can't say the opposite.

Osi is clearly the better DE.

Like what, disappear in 4 games? Put up the preverbial donut? Or ravage a horrible backup OT of a pass-every-down team?

You're smoking crack, homer. Allen has as many sacks and MORE tackles in two less games. This is playing against better competition without the benefit of great pass-rushers next to him to draw attention away.

Jughead10
10-23-2007, 08:58 AM
Like what, disappear in 4 games? Put up the preverbial donut? Or ravage a horrible backup OT of a pass-every-down team?

You're smoking crack, homer. Allen has as many sacks and MORE tackles in two less games. This is playing against better competition without the benefit of great pass-rushers next to him to draw attention away.

Osi missed the entire first game minus two or three plays. And the second game was clearly playing injured. There have been a few instances where guys have stolen sacks from Osi. Football Outsiders wrote a good article about our blitz schemes. Gave one specific instance where Osi beat two guys, did all the work, but Tuck reaped the benefit of the sack. I'm sure that happens to everyone sometimes, and it does, but I'm not sure you can say he has the benefit of great-passrushers next to him. At this point in their careers Tuck and Strahan benefit more by playing next to Osi, not the other way around.

Addict
10-23-2007, 09:17 AM
Osi :'(

hard to argue.

(but seriously, they're both very good, but I'd say Allen)

bigbluedefense
10-23-2007, 10:17 AM
What I don't like about this discussion is how we're comparing the 2, because it really takes away from the brilliant half season Allen is having. He's playing tremendously right now.

Having watched both, I prefer Osi. Nothing wrong with that. And thats not taking anything away from Allen, who I like alot. I think over the course of the season, Allen's numbers will dip a little bit. Its just natural. You can't expect him to continue his pace, it never works like that.

But thats taking nothing away from his game. He's a great player, and has been kind of underappreciated for his entire career.

Wyndham
10-28-2007, 05:40 PM
Another awful, completely invisible game from Osi. Got abused in the running game and handled with ease my a mediocre LT.

Come on, homers - lets hear the excuses.

Jughead10
10-28-2007, 06:15 PM
Another awful, completely invisible game from Osi. Got abused in the running game and handled with ease my a mediocre LT.

Got abused in the running game? Are you serious? Did you see the conditions of that game. I don't care if Osi had 0's across the board. Same with Eli. I just wanted to get a W, have no one get injured, and get back to the states.

Addict
10-28-2007, 06:28 PM

he mistook the mediocre LT for a sweet little puppydog and didn't want to hurt it?

Go_Eagles77
10-28-2007, 07:15 PM
Trent Cole has more tackles and sacks than both of them. He leads the league. If it weren't for that one game where Osi beat Winston Justice for 6 sacks, he'd only have like 2.

The Great Jonathan Vilma
10-28-2007, 07:16 PM
Osi owns Winston Justice, other than that one game he has been solid but not spectacular. That's just being real. he hasn't been bad by any means, but that one game makes his season appear that much better to most people

Dolfan2788
10-28-2007, 07:57 PM
Vernon Carey has stoned many good DE's this year and the conditions with which they were playing wasn't very conducive to DE's being any good in the run game.

Jughead10
10-28-2007, 07:58 PM
Vernon Carey has stoned many good DE's this year and the conditions with which they were playing wasn't very conducive to DE's being any good in the run game.

It looked like they were playing on ice almost. Just sliding all over the place.

Dolfan2788
10-28-2007, 08:04 PM
It looked like they were playing on ice almost. Just sliding all over the place.

Exactly. You can't judge him off this game.

The only sacks in the game were when Lemon was just too incompetent as a QB to either get rid of the ball or find an open receiver with a lot of time. Or the O-line screwed up, ala Matt Roth's sack.

I'm not actually on either side as I think Osi can perform better but he also has the best supporting cast in the NFL. And I think Allen is simply a great player who just goes out there and produces. One will either excel or drop off in the next two seasons and that will be the answer for this argument imo. Until then it's mostly just subjective opinion because they are producing relatively the same.

Number 10
10-28-2007, 08:31 PM
hahaha....

If you watched the game (and I'm sure many of you didn't) you would know what happened.

At least Peppers had another amazing day.

bored of education
10-28-2007, 08:32 PM
JALLEN Defensive player of the week this week. Vrabel close 2nd

SchizophrenicBatman
10-28-2007, 08:33 PM
Peppers had a good day. Didn't show up in the stats, but he wasnt invisible. Anyone see Manning's stats through the first half? They were pretty damn ugly, and for good reason

That's now 3 games out of 7 he hasn't been invisible this year. Making progress

bigbluedefense
10-29-2007, 10:45 AM
ha, that made me laugh. good one.

draftguru151
10-29-2007, 11:25 AM

HEY HEY HEY. Vernon Carey is an above average LT.

Geo
10-29-2007, 11:29 AM
Peppers had a good day. Didn't show up in the stats, but he wasnt invisible. Anyone see Manning's stats through the first half? They were pretty damn ugly, and for good reason

That's now 3 games out of 7 he hasn't been invisible this year. Making progress
I dearly hope this post was facetious. If someone told me Julius Peppers was on the field this past Sunday, I wouldn't have known it. Blocking tight end and brittle space on the roster Ben Utecht was even able to block him one-on-one and remove him from the play.

SchizophrenicBatman
10-29-2007, 11:41 AM
I dearly hope this post was facetious. If someone told me Julius Peppers was on the field this past Sunday, I wouldn't have known it. Blocking tight end and brittle space on the roster Ben Utecht was even able to block him one-on-one and remove him from the play.

for the most part it was, yes.

but it was a better day than he's had most of the year. Like I said, making progress. It's sad when you think back to some of the games he's had in the past, but what can you do. I'm not going to write someone off at his age with the track record he has. If his yearly disappearing acts (which are getting worse) have removed him from top tier status, then so be it. I'm still not concerned and think he'll return to form eventually.

neko4
10-29-2007, 02:19 PM
Aaron Kampman pwns all

Splat
10-30-2007, 05:42 PM
Trent Cole has more tackles and sacks than both of them. He leads the league. If it weren't for that one game where Osi beat Winston Justice for 6 sacks, he'd only have like 2.

Cole has 38 tackles 9 sacks and 2 forced fumbles in 7 games.

Allen has 26 tackles 8 sacks and 2 forced fumbles in only 5 games.

Go_Eagles77
10-30-2007, 06:41 PM
Cole has 38 tackles 9 sacks and 2 forced fumbles in 7 games.

Allen has 26 tackles 8 sacks and 2 forced fumbles in only 5 games.

Oh yeah wasn't he suspended for the first 2 games? I forgot about that it definitely is really impressive but I still think Cole is very underrated.

osi+ap=allshallperish
10-30-2007, 06:46 PM
people claim that the other pass rushers we have boost osi's numbers but that's an inaccurate statement. While it does sometimes leave osi one on one, see eagles game, it often also means there are 3 other guys who can get to the qb and get sacks whereas allen gets to the qb much faster than anyone else on that dline, so there are situations were allen gets sacks that he wouldn't if he was a giant b/c kiwi, tuck or strahan have more favorable matchups and so can get to the qb more easily than osi and do so.

osi+ap=allshallperish
10-30-2007, 06:48 PM
Oh yeah wasn't he suspended for the first 2 games? I forgot about that it definitely is really impressive but I still think Cole is very underrated.

Trent Cole is an underrated pass rusher, but he's not a complete de like osi or allen who are better pass rushers and superior against the run.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
10-30-2007, 07:33 PM
Aaron Kampman pwns all

It was awesome when he sacked Brandon Marshall. He didn't give up at all.