PDA

View Full Version : Ronnie Brown Out for the Season

bsaza2358
10-22-2007, 01:03 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3074221

Knee injury is severe enough to sideline him for the rest of 2007. Looks like the Dolphins are in 100% tank mode...

Moses
10-22-2007, 01:04 PM
Wow. What's more likely: Patriots undefeated or Dolphins winless?

SuperKevin
10-22-2007, 01:04 PM
Looks like 2 more wins for Buffalo

bsaza2358
10-22-2007, 01:05 PM
Just what Buffalo really needs: More wins to mess up its draft position when they have little chance to make the playoffs...

d34ng3l021
10-22-2007, 01:06 PM
Wow. That is such a massive blow. He was having his breakout season too. Its a shame.

Shiver
He was actually having a great season. What a shame.

Turtlepower
Well, at least they still have... Jason Taylor? It sucks to be a Dolphins fan.

SuperKevin
10-22-2007, 01:08 PM
Just what Buffalo really needs: More wins to mess up its draft position when they have little chance to make the playoffs...

There is nobody worth taking for Buffalo in the top 8 picks or so. We don't need a QB with Trent Edwards impressing the coaching staff. We don't need one of the OTs with Jason Peters being our franchise LT. We don't need a RB so McFadden is out. The only logical picks if Buffalo were in the top 5 would be Dorsey or Campbell but we already have a ton of money tied into our DL. We need to pick around 10 so we can go for the best available CB or WR not named DeSean Jackson.

bsaza2358
10-22-2007, 01:08 PM
Well, the Phins will have a shot to really regroup and reset their identity with a franchise QB this year. They seem to like Ginn as a future solid player, and Hagan has been doing well also. I doubt St. Louis drafts a QB, so even if they don't get the #1 pick, they'll be able to draft the QB they need. Problem is, they also need playmakers in the secondary and a more solid OLine...

The Legend
10-22-2007, 01:10 PM
Coming Soon: Ricky Williams A Game Near You

bsaza2358
10-22-2007, 01:10 PM
There is nobody worth taking for Buffalo in the top 8 picks or so. We don't need a QB with Trent Edwards impressing the coaching staff. We don't need one of the OTs with Jason Peters being our franchise LT. We don't need a RB so McFadden is out. The only logical picks if Buffalo were in the top 5 would be Dorsey or Campbell but we already have a ton of money tied into our DL. We need to pick around 10 so we can go for the best available CB or WR not named DeSean Jackson.

I think the Buffalo D is very underrated, and they are getting better. Poz coming back next year will be awesome for them. They really need more playmakers on O. I could see a big time TE or another WR weapon. That makes the most sense to me right now. I could be wrong, though.

Turtlepower
10-22-2007, 01:13 PM

I am so high on Malcolm Jenkins that I think he is one of the few CBs to deserve a pick in the 7-10 range. I also think that as much money the Bills spent on the d-line, Sendick Ellis would still be a nice player to add.

If you really want to add a WR, Malcolm Kelly could be worth the pick if he runs sub 4.5.

no love
10-22-2007, 01:15 PM
Well they are the front runners for the Jake Long sweepstakes.

But who knows, maybe they will fall in love with Desean Jackson....jk

SuperKevin
10-22-2007, 01:16 PM
I think the Buffalo D is very underrated, and they are getting better. Poz coming back next year will be awesome for them. They really need more playmakers on O. I could see a big time TE or another WR weapon. That makes the most sense to me right now. I could be wrong, though.

If there were a Kellen Winslow or a Jeremey Shockey in this draft I'd agree with you but there isn't so we can afford to draft a mid round TE prospect with reliable hands. I really like Bear Pascoe from Fresno State as a late round guy for Buffalo. As for WR, it's definately a huge position of need but we need a big red zone threat so DeSean Jackson better not be in our draft plans

Jakey
10-22-2007, 01:17 PM
That sucks for Miami, he was thier only good playmaker this year. Miami absolutely stink right now, and i cant see it getting any better. Sorry guys.

Turtlepower
10-22-2007, 01:18 PM
I'm calling it now. Cameron will draft Darren McFadden in the 2008 draft because he is a dumbass.

SuperKevin
10-22-2007, 01:19 PM
I am so high on Malcolm Jenkins that I think he is one of the few CBs to deserve a pick in the 7-10 range. I also think that as much money the Bills spent on the d-line, Sendick Ellis would still be a nice player to add.

If you really want to add a WR, Malcolm Kelly could be worth the pick if he runs sub 4.5.

I'm very high on Jenkins as well(it doesn't hurt that OSU is basically Buffalo's farm system when it comes to DBs) but after last weeks torching by James Hardy I'm hearing rumblings that he's leaning toward staying in school.

Ellis is a great player but he really doesn't bring anything that we don't already have from our DTs. Granted he does them better than guys like Tripplett but it's still more of the same. We need a big physical run stopper who can eat blockers and allow guys like Poz to make more plays.

Malcolm Kelly in Buffalo would make me cry tears of joy

bsaza2358
10-22-2007, 01:19 PM
I would say almost zero chance of the Dolphins taking McFadden. They have too much money and time invested in Brown, and he looks to be healthy next season. If I'm Miami, I'm looking to trade out of the #1 spot for extra picks, or I'm taking a franchise QB or I'm taking a franchise LT. Those are pretty much their options, IMO.

With McFadden, the big time LT prospects, and all these QB's out there, there could very well be a big trade market. This works nicely in Miami's favor.

Jughead10
10-22-2007, 01:20 PM
And Jesse Chatman is the number 1 pick up in Fantasy this week.

osi+ap=allshallperish
10-22-2007, 01:20 PM
While buffalo has spent a lot on the dline I still think dorsey and cambell should be atop their board.

Turtlepower
10-22-2007, 01:21 PM
I would say almost zero chance of that. If I'm Miami, I'm looking to trade out of the #1 spot for extra picks, or I'm taking a franchise QB or I'm taking a franchise LT. Those are pretty much their options, IMO.

What you are talking about is the smart thing to be done. What I am talking about is what actually will happen. McFadden in Miami is a lock.

bsaza2358
10-22-2007, 01:23 PM
What you are talking about is the smart thing to be done. What I am talking about is what actually will happen. McFadden in Miami is a lock.

I will bet anything you want that DMc does not end up in the AFC East.

The Legend
10-22-2007, 01:23 PM
1st Day Class of 2005 Running Backs

Ronnie Brown - Out For Season
Cadilac Williams - Out For Season
Ryan Moats - Out For Season

Vernand Morency - Miss 3 Games

Eric Shelton - Out Of NFL
Maurice Clarett - Out Of NFL

Cedric Benson - Has Not Play'd Well
J.J. Arrington - Has Not Play'd Well

Frank Gore - Well He's Frank Gore :)

Turtlepower
10-22-2007, 01:25 PM
I will bet anything you want that DMc does not end up in the AFC East.

And I'm saying Cam Cameron is an idiot who likes to have a powerful running game and will turn out to be the Matt Millen of Head Coaching.

Turtlepower
10-22-2007, 01:25 PM

Isn't it funny how the most "injury prone" player has been one of the least injured players in that class. =D

bsaza2358
10-22-2007, 01:26 PM

You forgot Cedric Benson...

bsaza2358
10-22-2007, 01:26 PM
And I'm saying Cam Cameron is an idiot who likes to have a powerful running game and will turn out to be the Matt Millen of Head Coaching.

You've made your statement. I will bet anything you want that McFadden will not end up on the Dolphins, Jets, Bills, or Patriots.

Jughead10
10-22-2007, 01:42 PM

And TD machines like Barber and Jacobs went in round 4.

Giantsfan1080
10-22-2007, 01:43 PM
And TD machines like Barber and Jacobs went in round 4.

There are going to end up as the 2 best RB's in this draft possibly. They are more than TD machines they just weren't lucky enough to have the chance to start earlier in their careers. I'm not sure how well Brown is going to do coming off a major knee injury.

Jughead10
10-22-2007, 01:47 PM
There are going to end up as the 2 best RB's in this draft possibly. They are more than TD machines they just weren't lucky enough to have the chance to start earlier in their careers. I'm not sure how well Brown is going to do coming off a major knee injury.

Brown better get the surgery ASAP, to give the most time for rehab to be ready for next season.

Giantsfan1080
10-22-2007, 01:51 PM
Brown better get the surgery ASAP, to give the most time for rehab to be ready for next season.

I'll never forget a comment by a writer about McGahee getting drafted even though I don't remember who it was(maybe Peter King). The writer said that even if McGahee goes to have a 1,200 yard season it just means without that injury he would have probabably have 1,500. This just has to with any RB having a major knee injury. I'm not sure how true that is but it's always stuck in my mind

Number 10
10-22-2007, 01:52 PM
Tough break for him. I was up on him coming into the league than I started to think he was vastly overrated because of his measureables. I put the eyeball on him this season and came away very impressed because he was running so well behind a below average line. It's a big if with him....but if he can stay healthy he is going to be a stud in this league, I'm convinced.

And the Giants are catching breaks unlike the past 3-4 years....Eagles without Westbrook, Niners without Smith, and now the Dolphins without Brown.

LonghornsLegend
10-22-2007, 01:54 PM
I'll never forget a comment by a writer about McGahee getting drafted even though I don't remember who it was(maybe Peter King). The writer said that even if McGahee goes to have a 1,200 yard season it just means without that injury he would have probabably have 1,500. This just has to with any RB having a major knee injury. I'm not sure how true that is but it's always stuck in my mind

Yea thats such a tough break, I think about it as well with McGahee, whether its nba players, rb's or whatever, they wont be the same, hopefully he will still be a solid rb, but we were just starting to see his potential right before our eyes, and cameron probably had big plans on utilizing him..

The Legend
10-22-2007, 02:34 PM
You forgot Cedric Benson...

um no i didnt

bsaza2358
10-22-2007, 02:35 PM
Okay, maybe the world forgot CB...

SeanTaylorRIP
10-22-2007, 02:35 PM
Damn there goes my fantasy team.

The Legend
10-22-2007, 02:38 PM

but i belive that McGahee injury was way worst then Ronnie Brown injury

i think that they are 0-7 and they just dont want to bring him back week 12 and have him hurt it any worst

but i do think its ture after having any injury your a lil bit diffrent

bsaza2358
10-22-2007, 02:39 PM
We're told that the injury was "serious", but they haven't yet announced the actual extent of the damage. It could be a pretty serious sprain or a ligament tear. I'm guessing surgery is likely.

GB12
10-22-2007, 03:49 PM
Renaldo Hill was also put on IR which means they are missing both starting safeties for the year.

DMWSackMachine
10-22-2007, 04:09 PM
The role that this division has played in NE's ongoing success cannot be under-stated. To have a nearly automatic 6 wins per year and not have to worry about your division is a huge advantage. The ineptitude and bad luck of the Bills, Jets and Dolphins is amazing to behold.

J52
10-22-2007, 04:12 PM
Imagine Frank Gore without his 3 ACL tears. His freshman year he was better then Clinton Portis (Junior) and Willis McGahee (rFr). A completely new lower body later and he still is better then them.

wiscbadgerfootball
10-22-2007, 04:13 PM
well there goes my fantasy team :(

no love
10-22-2007, 04:25 PM
Imagine Frank Gore without his 3 ACL tears. His freshman year he was better then Clinton Portis (Junior) and Willis McGahee (rFr). A completely new lower body later and he still is better then them.

Random reference. But yes, Frank Gore probably has the best vision of the bunch as to whether he is better than Portis and McGahee it is very very debatable.

Say what you want about Portis being at Denver, but he put up comparable numbers for 3 years (2 in Denver, 1 in Wash).

They are all good backs in very, very different situations. I don't really think Gore or Portis are really being used in an ideal situation that will really highlight their abilities. Both are great cut back runners who are banging their heads into a downhill running scheme.

Caddy
10-22-2007, 04:29 PM
That just sucks. Another top 5 pick from the 05 draft going down with a knee injury.

CC.SD
10-22-2007, 05:10 PM
Yeah, if they really werent after a high pick, they'd give Ricky a call.

Nitschke-Hawk
10-22-2007, 05:32 PM
Calais Campbell.

CannedToast
10-22-2007, 05:53 PM
The role that this division has played in NE's ongoing success cannot be under-stated. To have a nearly automatic 6 wins per year and not have to worry about your division is a huge advantage. The ineptitude and bad luck of the Bills, Jets and Dolphins is amazing to behold.

The Jets were in the Playoffs 2 of the last 4 years...

KCJ58
10-22-2007, 07:35 PM
now im really ****** in my fantasy league

thebow305
10-22-2007, 08:01 PM
I love Ronnie. This is a huge blow to us. Chatman is a good player but brings no-where-near the versatility and big play ability that Ronnie brings to the table. He will be missed. He is committed to getting back healthy and getting ready for a Pro-Bowl 2008 season.

I don't like that people are saying you cannot be the same after a serious knee injury. Yes he tore his ACL, but Willis tore up his knee much worse and Gore tore his up 3 different times and they still are top backs in this league, Gore is top 5. Ronnie just happens to be bigger, stronger, and arguably more talented than both. I am convinced he was on his way to challenging LT as the top back in the league and will be LT's biggest competition for the next couple years at least. Trust me on this one. He will be back in '08 and better than EVER!

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
10-22-2007, 08:26 PM
I'm calling it now. Cameron will draft Darren McFadden in the 2008 draft because he is a dumbass.

Then he can say, "Folks, we've drafted a great kick returner and we welcome McFadden and his parents into the Dolphins family"

Fans will be shouting, "Woodson! Woodson! Woodson" or "Brohm! Brohm! Brohm!" lol.

dang this screwed my fantasy team with Brown, Duece, and Steven Jackson out!!!

Dolfan2788
10-22-2007, 09:02 PM
The dolphins have a much higher chance of drafting McFadden than a QB. Mueller and Cameron both pride themselves on their ability to recognise and develop QB talent and would not have spent a 2nd round pick on John Beck if they didn't think he could be a franchise QB.

Things look as bad for the fins as they have for the Raiders the last couple of seasons. No defense and no offense now without Brown. He was on target for like 2300 yards from scrimmage this year, what a shame. Hopefully it's an injury had we been in the playoffs he could have come back and played in week 15 or something.

Someone said that if we weren't tanking then we would give Ricky a call? Right, I'm pretty sure he has to be an NFL player first. That means being reinstated by Roger Goodell before he plays a down anywhere or fields any calls from the fins.

Finsfan79
10-23-2007, 02:02 PM
I think this pretty much secures us drafting Glenn Dorsey or Calais Campbell number 1 overall

We dont need a left tackle (got a stud there in carey), we dont need a RB, we dont need a QB, we dont need a WR.

We need a DE/DT (3-4/4-3 hybrid going more and more 4-3 seems), we need a safety, OG, RT, NT, CB