PDA

View Full Version : The Browns will make the playoffs!!!

Turtlepower
10-22-2007, 02:33 PM
Ok, I'm saying it right now. I believe the Browns will make the playoffs. There are many reasons behind this:

1. The AFC North is on a very down year.
The Ravens are arguably the worst team over .500 in the league. They are old and injured and are not sure who their starting QB is. Their o-line is very young right now due to the lack of depth and injuries and as well as they are playing right now, I don't know how much longer it will last. The Bengals just plain suck this year. They struggled to beat the Jets. The Steelers are the only contenders in this division because of a well-balanced offense and defense, but Big Ben has to play with much more consistency. I think they will do well and make the playoffs and possibly win a game or two once they are in their, but they are far from their 2004 or 2005 forms.

2. There schedule is a joke the rest of the way.
Week 8 Sun, Oct 28 at St. Louis
Week 9 Sun, Nov 4 Seattle
Week 10 Sun, Nov 11 at Pittsburgh
Week 11 Sun, Nov 18 at Baltimore
Week 12 Sun, Nov 25 Houston
Week 13 Sun, Dec 2 at Arizona
Week 14 Sun, Dec 9 at NY Jets
Week 15 Sun, Dec 16 Buffalo
Week 16 Sun, Dec 23 at Cincinnati
Week 17 Sun, Dec 30 San Francisco

Going 7-3 is not that unlikely with their upcoming schedule. I think their toughest games will be from week 9-11 and if they manage to not get sweep or better yet get 2 of 3, they will have a strong shot at the playoffs.

The Browns will finish the season 10-6 and make the playoffs. =D

bsaza2358
10-22-2007, 02:38 PM
Is the schedule really that weak? Divisional road games are no joke, especially in the AFC North. You can't guarantee any wins there. St. Louis is not good, but they could certainly win at home. Seattle is good enough to win. Houston (if healthy) poses a big challenge. Arizona is quite competitive. The Jets with Clemens at QB could be a threat to spoil. Buffalo with Edwards at QB is also playing much better.

If you want to bet on that, go right ahead. I like what the Browns have been doing, but come on...

Man_Of_Steel
10-22-2007, 02:39 PM
I agree Turtlepower. However Roethlisberger has been playing great, its our terrible oline that has him running for his life every play.

Turtlepower
10-22-2007, 02:44 PM
I agree Turtlepower. However Roethlisberger has been playing great, its our terrible oline that has him running for his life every play.

Faneca did look like a stud. You guys should pay him whatever he wants because your o-line will be atrocious next year without him.

BrownsTown
10-22-2007, 03:12 PM
It's the Browns, doi. I don't expect them to. Although I will admit it does look good, with Pitt being the only team I'd say they definately will lose to.

But TurtlePower = awesome because he's a non-Browns fan that thinks they don't suck, which is rare.

Even if they do, they get out 1st game against the Pats or Colts anyway.

Smooth Criminal
10-22-2007, 03:34 PM
Faneca did look like a stud. You guys should pay him whatever he wants because your o-line will be atrocious next year without him.

Wrong. Faneca hasn't been any better than the rest of our O-lineman. He doesn't deserve to be paid superstar money. I'd much rather lock up Ben longer and draft a guard. Faneca and Smith have been an awful left side.

Our line actually just needs completely fixed.

DMWSackMachine
10-22-2007, 03:53 PM
Dude, put the pipe down.

Yes, the Browns are better than in year's past. Yes, they have finally moved into the realm where the playoffs are not ENTIRELY out of the question. However, with bad teams you can't simply look at the schedule and say "oh, that's winnable, that's winnable, that's winnable...." because bad teams can lose any given week. First off, of their 6 games so far, 4 have been at home. They play a brutal 4 roadies in 5 games stretch, which is trouble for any team, let alone a young team trying to turn their franchise around.

Not only that, look at how they are winning and who they are playing. Barely beat the Dolphins, who have been on a terrible slide. Barely beat the Bengals, who have been downright horrid. Barely beat the Ravens, who are, like you said, a mediocre team at best. Meanwhile, they got their asses handed to them on a platter by the Steelers and the Patriots made fairly short work of them (though it was pretty competitive). Then they played Oakland to a standstill and lost at the end.

The quality of this team, right now, is in the 7 or 8 win range. A team like that can always get lucky and pull out 9, maybe 10 through a series of fortunate circumstances, or get unlucky and finish with as few as 5 wins through the reverse. But to predict them having 10 wins and/or making the playoffs is unfounded and a little on the dumb side. I say 7 wins right now, though I pray they lose out.

D-Unit
10-22-2007, 04:29 PM
Week 8 Sun, Oct 28 at St. Louis - W - OK Gimme win.
Week 9 Sun, Nov 4 Seattle - L - CLE is not smart enough to win this game.
Week 10 Sun, Nov 11 at Pittsburgh - L - Dream on.
Week 11 Sun, Nov 18 at Baltimore - L - Nope not happening this time.
Week 12 Sun, Nov 25 Houston - L - HOU in a close win.
Week 13 Sun, Dec 2 at Arizona - L - In ARZ... nah.
Week 14 Sun, Dec 9 at NY Jets - W - CLE could steal this one if they play lights out.
Week 15 Sun, Dec 16 Buffalo - L - Better than advertised.
Week 16 Sun, Dec 23 at Cincinnati - L - CIN will be rollin'
Week 17 Sun, Dec 30 San Francisco - L - SF actually tries to win even when it negatively affects their draft position. See last year's game vs HOU.

2-8 is the way I see it.

BrownsTown
10-22-2007, 04:45 PM
Week 8 Sun, Oct 28 at St. Louis - W - OK Gimme win.
Week 9 Sun, Nov 4 Seattle - L - CLE is not smart enough to win this game.
Week 10 Sun, Nov 11 at Pittsburgh - L - Dream on.
Week 11 Sun, Nov 18 at Baltimore - L - Nope not happening this time.
Week 12 Sun, Nov 25 Houston - L - HOU in a close win.
Week 13 Sun, Dec 2 at Arizona - L - In ARZ... nah.
Week 14 Sun, Dec 9 at NY Jets - W - CLE could steal this one if they play lights out.
Week 15 Sun, Dec 16 Buffalo - L - Better than advertised.
Week 16 Sun, Dec 23 at Cincinnati - L - CIN will be rollin'
Week 17 Sun, Dec 30 San Francisco - L - SF actually tries to win even when it negatively affects their draft position. See last year's game vs HOU.

2-8 is the way I see it.

Of course that's the way you see it because when Cleveland loses you get a higher draft pick. Keep dreaming.

no love
10-22-2007, 04:53 PM

So true. I really feel bad for you AFC teams, you have it reeaally tough the Colts, the Pats are just dominant. Then you have teams like SD, Tennessee, and Pitt who are still a cut above the rest.

Good thing SF is in the NFC west, where a .500 record still gives you an outside shot at the playoffs.

mqtirishfan
10-22-2007, 05:00 PM

No, no. They'll have the pleasure of losing to Pittsburgh in the wildcard round way before they get to one of those two teams.

CC.SD
10-22-2007, 05:08 PM
I like the browns a lot, but I don't think it's gonna happen. Anytime you have a good o-line, and dangerous weapons though, anything can happen.

BrownsTown
10-22-2007, 05:08 PM
No, no. They'll have the pleasure of losing to Pittsburgh in the wildcard round way before they get to one of those two teams.

Right right, brain fart.

BrownsTown
10-22-2007, 05:09 PM
So true. I really feel bad for you AFC teams, you have it reeaally tough the Colts, the Pats are just dominant. Then you have teams like SD, Tennessee, and Pitt who are still a cut above the rest.

Good thing SF is in the NFC west, where a .500 record still gives you an outside shot at the playoffs.

Tennessee? Seriously? It's Pats and Colts and then everyone else. Steelers are the closest and are way ahead of the others as well. Titans are overrated.

bearsfan_51
10-22-2007, 05:13 PM
I agree that 7-8 wins is probably the most likely scenario, but as DMW said, that's just a few upsets away from the playoffs. It's not very likely but it's not a totally ridiculous claim either.

I'll say this, I think the Browns have as good of a chance at the playoffs as the Broncos do.

Crazy_Chris
10-22-2007, 05:15 PM
Pittsbugh is going to win this divsion barring Injuries. So that leaves the wildcard, and sorry but i don't see that happening the way the AFC south is playing i could see both Tennesee and Jacksonville making it as the wilcards.

Week 8 Sun, Oct 28 at St. Louis W
Week 9 Sun, Nov 4 Seattle L
Week 10 Sun, Nov 11 at Pittsburgh L
Week 11 Sun, Nov 18 at Baltimore L
Week 12 Sun, Nov 25 Houston L
Week 13 Sun, Dec 2 at Arizona L
Week 14 Sun, Dec 9 at NY Jets W
Week 15 Sun, Dec 16 Buffalo W
Week 16 Sun, Dec 23 at Cincinnati L
Week 17 Sun, Dec 30 San Francisco W

When i look at this I honestly can't say there is a single game on the schedule where i think the browns SHOULD win. I think it is possible for them to win all of them however but if you put me on the spot now i'd say they lose at the least 6 of those games.

yodabear
10-22-2007, 05:16 PM
I Guarantee The Rams Beat The Browns.

Crazy_Chris
10-22-2007, 05:18 PM
I had a tough time chosing that one. Is steven Jackson going to ready to play?

yodabear
10-22-2007, 05:20 PM
I had a tough time chosing that one. Is steven Jackson going to ready to play?

Outlook unclear, but prolly not. BUT WE ARE STILL GONNA WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

D-Unit
10-22-2007, 05:21 PM
Cleveland fans get the award for "Most hopeful only to be let down" award. Happens in Basketball, Baseball and yes... Football too.

yodabear
10-22-2007, 05:21 PM
Cleveland fans get the award for "Most hopeful only to be let down" award. Happens in Basketball, Baseball and yes... Football too.

EXACTLY, WHICH IS y WE ARE WINNING ON SUNDAY, I GUARANTEE IT!

bearsfan_51
10-22-2007, 05:22 PM
The guy that made the thread isn't a Browns fan.

D-Unit
10-22-2007, 05:23 PM
The guy that made the thread isn't a Browns fan.
...and I never said he was. OOooooh burn.

osi+ap=allshallperish
10-22-2007, 08:48 PM
the browns have one game that's not very winnable the rest of the way. And will I wouldn't call them a good team, they're not as bad as many teams and the playoffs aren't out of their reach. I see the browns as similar to the giants, not very good, but good enough to deal with a managable schedule and make the playoffs, now the arc actually has some good teams so the browns would likely be one and done while the giants could very well make it to the superbowl.