PDA

View Full Version : New 2 round mock

Dawg4L21
10-22-2007, 06:01 PM
1. Miami: Jake Long OT Michigan - I think the Dolphins believe in 2007 2nd round pick John Beck, however they’re going to need to get him someone to protect his blind side. Long is a mauler who will not only protect Beck but also give Ronnie Brown a wall to run behind.

2. St Louis: Glenn Dorsey DT LSU - Dorsey is one of the best DL prospects to come out in years, the Rams will love everything about him; his motor, his leadership, his tenacity. Adding Dorsey will allow the Rams to move last year’s 1st round pick Adam Carriker back to his more natural position of DE and give them a pretty solid unit on their D to build on.

3. Atlanta: Brian Brohm QB Louisville - I’m not yet sold on any of the big 3 QB’s going this high as of yet but Atlanta needs one BADLY and with Brohm’s former coach Petrino now running the Falcons I’ll give him the nod here.

4. New York Jets: Darren McFadden RB Arkansas - The Jets offense gets quite the talent and arguably the best player in the draft. I think Kellen Clemens can be a good Quarterback in this league and with a RB combo of Thomas Jones and Darren McFadden the Jets future looks pretty bright.

5. Buffalo: Malcolm Jenkins CB Ohio State - A bit of a reach but after losing Clements the Bills decide to replace him with another Buckeye DB. Jenkins should run a very good 40 time and should see his stock improve even more come workout time, he is a good tackler and has great cover skills.

6. New England (From SF): James Laurinaitis MLB Ohio State - The rich just keep getting richer, the Patriots finally add some youth to their LB corps with Laurinaitis who is a leader in every sense of the word who should replace Bruschi eventually as the face of that defense.

7. Oakland: Chris Long DE Virginia - Long is playing lights out this year, he’s fighting off double teams, stuffing the run, and getting after the quarterback, adding Long with give the Raiders two premiere pass-rushers on the edges in Long and Burgess.

8. Minnesota: Kenny Philips S Miami - Sharper is getting old and Philips is one of the more talented Safeties to ever come out, Miami coaches have said Philips has the mind of Ed Reed and the physical tools of Sean Taylor.

9. Cincinnati: Rey Maualuga LB USC - The Bengals desperately need a face and identity for their defense and Maualuga couldn’t be a better pick here.

10. Philadelphia: Malcolm Kelly WR Oklahoma - Kelly gets the nod over Jackson as the #1 WR taken due to him being more of a complete WR. McNabb finally gets a go-to guy at the WR position.

11. New Orleans: Sedrick Ellis DT USC - The Saints get a plug in the middle of their defense who should add to a pretty talented DL along with Grant and Smith.

12. Arizona: Derrick Harvey DE/OLB Florida - Coach Whisenhunt desperately needs some pass-rushers for his newly installed 34 defense and Harvey may be the best potential 34 OLB in this draft.

13. Chicago: Andre Woodson QB Kentucky - The Bears finally decide to stop ignoring their QB issues and take Woodson who has all the physical tools you need and has kept Kentucky in nearly every game this year playing a very tough SEC schedule.

14. Houston: Jonathan Stewart RB Oregon - Ahman Green is aging fast and the Texans don’t have much behind him. Stewart is a bull dozer at 5’11 230 who will run you over but also is a threat to take it to the house any given play with his speed.

15. Denver: Desean Jackson WR Cal - Cutler gets quite the weapon and some talent amongst the Bronco WR corps. Jackson will also bring a whole new element to their return game, and Chicago has shown us that a dangerous return man can really change the outcome of some ballgames.

16. Dallas (from CLE): Calais Campbell DE Miami - The Cowboys decide to pounce on the falling Campbell who could be a stud at DE in their 34 defense. Campbell should at the very least open up things even more for their already scary good OLB’s in Ware and Spencer.

17. San Diego: Reggie Smith DB Oklahoma - Smith has the ability to play possibly either CB or S in the pros and the Chargers could use him at either.

18. Kansas City: Ryan Clady OT Boise State - Since Huard is playing well that gives Croyle another off-season and year to prove he can be the future, so the Cheifs opt to go with the blindside LT to help protect their QB’s and give LJ some much needed blocking.

19. Baltimore: Matt Ryan QB BC - The Ravens luck out with Ryan falling this far and with Steve McNair and Kyle Boller your starting QB’s this is a simple pick.

20. Tampa Bay: James Hardy WR Indiana - Joey Galloway is closing in on retirement and Michael Clayton has looked very disappointing ever since his breakout rookie year in 2004. Hardy will enter the league as one of the tallest WR’s ever at 6’7 but also has very good hands to go along with his freakish size.

21. Seattle: Martin Rucker TE Missouri - Almost every complete offense in the league has a very reliable TE. Rucker is arguably the top TE prospect in this draft and the Seahawks add another dimension to their offense.

22. Detroit: Mike Jenkins CB USF - In the 2 games the Lions have lost this year they have been torched thru the air. Jenkins is a tough defender who could possibly play either CB or S in this draft similar to Smith of Oklahoma.

23. Carolina: Sam Baker OT USC - Both of Carolina’s starting OT’s are FA’s this year so they grab the young Trojan who can help keep whoever is back there throwing healthy.

24. Tennessee: Limas Sweed WR Texas - Sweed should rebound from his wrist injury come workout time and Vince Young couldn’t be more happier to reunite with his go-to WR from Texas to finally have a go-to guy in Tennessee.

25. Pittsburgh: Jack Ikegwouna CB Wisconsin - The Steelers are a good secondary away from having one of the premiere defenses in the league and Ike should improve upon that quickly.

26. Washington: Vernon Gholston DE Ohio State - Redskins really need a premiere pass rusher coming off the edge, they ignored last year by taking Landry, they wont ignore it again when Gholston falls to them.

27. Jacksonville: Keith Rivers LB USC - Yet another scary playmaker on the Jaguar defense.

28. New York Giants: Gosder Cherilus OT BC - The Giants defense is much improved since the opening weeks however they still need a franchise LT to keep Eli on his feet and healthy.

29. Green Bay: Antoine Cason CB Arizona - Woodson and Harris have been solid this year but they are both getting older and Woodson could move to Safety in the future. Cason gives them someone to start grooming under those 2 or even start if Woodson were to make the switch.

30. Dallas: Ray Rice RB Rutgers - May be a bit of a luxury pick but bringing in Rice may remind some Cowboy fans of another smaller RB they used to have who wore #22. I expect Julius Jones to be gone in the off-season and Marion Barber is going to need someone to help carry the load.
31. San Francisco (from Indy): Adarius Bowman WR Oklahoma State - The 49ers offense has look putrid this year. Most of that should be because Smith has been out but even when he was in there they weren’t really clicking and a lot of it had to do with no true #1 Wideout. Bowman should be Smith’s favorite target from Day 1.

32. New England: Forfeited

33. Miami: Tarrell Thomas CB USC

34. St. Louis: Dan Connor LB Penn State

35. Atlanta: Tony Hills OT Texas

36. New York Jets: Quentin Groves OLB Auburn

37. Buffalo: Andre Fluellen DT Florida State

38. San Francisco: Dre Moore DL Maryland

39. Oakland: Chris Williams OT Vandy

40. Minnesota: Early Doucet WR LSU

41. Cincinnatti: Lawrence Jackson DE USC

42. Philadelphia: Vince Hall LB Va. Tech

43. New Orleans: Ali Highsmith LB LSU

44. Arizona: Steve Slaton RB WVU

45. Chicago: Frank Okam DT Texas

46. Houston: Phillip Wheeler LB Ga. Tech

47. Denver: Red Bryant DT Texas A&M

48. Cleveland: Fili Moala DL USC

49. Miami (from SD): Shawn Crable OLB Michigan

50. Kansas City: Davone Bess WR Hawai’i

51. Baltimore: Xavier Adibi LB Va. Tech

52. Tampa Bay: Colt Brennan QB Hawai’i

53. Seattle: James Davis RB Clemson

54. Detroit: Kirk Barton OT Ohio State

55. Carolina: Kellen Davis TE Michigan State

56. Tennessee: Dwight Lowry CB San Jose St.

57. Pittsburgh: Adam Kraus OL Michigan

58. Washington: Jordan Grimes OG Purdue

59. Jacksonville: Chris Ellis DE Va. Tech

60. New York Giants: Craig Steltz S LSU

61. Green Bay: Harry Douglas WR Louisville

62. Dallas: Jonathan Hefney S Tennessee

63. Indianapolis: John Sullivan C Notre Dame

64. New England: Chevis Jackson CB LSU

JPF
10-22-2007, 06:11 PM
Love the Panthers first round pick, but the second pick isn't really much of a need. People talk about the production from our TE's (or lack thereof), but when Jake was healthy Jeff King has 13 catches in the first 3 games. The 3 games since, he has 5. King is capable of being a viable threat if the QB's would look for him.

With how you have things falling at that point, Hefney would be a pick that filled a need we've had for 3 years that's went unaddressed.

Scotty D
10-22-2007, 06:15 PM
Nice two Lions picks. I want a LT but I think Millen will be stubborn and keep Backus at LT which would have us look for a RT.

Crazy_Chris
10-22-2007, 06:28 PM
Excellent job with vikings Kenny Phillips is a perfect pick and getting Early Doucet in the 2nd would be great.

yo123
10-22-2007, 06:31 PM
2 very solid picks for the Vikes.

Billingsley26
10-22-2007, 06:34 PM
There is absolutely no way, ZIP, nada, zilch, nil chance of Buffalo taking a CB at #5. They also wont take a DT in the 2nd round. They either take Glenn Dorsey in the first, or they aren't taking a DT. After all, John mccargo is playing very well. Probably one of the most underrated DT up to this point in the season.

Dawg4L21
10-22-2007, 06:39 PM
Yeah the Bills pick was tough for me, who would you guys want if the draft went like that for the first 4 picks?

Billingsley26
10-22-2007, 06:49 PM
Yeah the Bills pick was tough for me, who would you guys want if the draft went like that for the first 4 picks?

To be completely honest, I dont even know!
Its probably the hardest pick to project. They may just go BPA, but if you had to ask me, I would go with a WR, maybe Addarious Bowman.

That is the one area that I am 100% sure they need help in.

thebow305
10-22-2007, 08:08 PM
Pretty straight Phins draft.

BaLLiN
10-22-2007, 08:21 PM
David Diehl is doing okay at LT for the giants, and safety is a problem im not so sure that Steltz will do

Joeyjr09
10-22-2007, 08:24 PM
Horrible for Miami. Miami's run defense has been the worst in the league and the OL has been the best unit on the team and the only bright spot for the Dolphins this season. Long would be ok but only if we get DL help in round two. We don't.

Glenn Dorsey is a better talent then Long and fits a bigger need. He should be number 1 to the Phins.

In round 2 Terrell Thomas is not nearly as good a prospect as Dan Connor, Tony Hills, Quentin Groves, Chris Williams, Early Doucet are. Conner would be the better pick to help us at ILB where Zach has two years max left in him if he even decides to keep playing and Conner will also help tremendously with our run D.

With us already having taken Dorsey and Conner, We will look to the OL or DBs at this point. Jonathan Hefney is fast enough to play FS for us and can play the deep center to keep us from getting burnt deep. He would be a much better pick at that spot then Shawn Crable.

Then with the 1st pick of round 3, we can go after Barry Richardson which helps our and take over at RT for us.

Too many passes on key needs for the Dolphins in your draft and not good value at certain spots with better players on the board at just about every pick. Overall, very bad Dolphins draft.

skinzzfan25
10-22-2007, 08:39 PM
It would be stupid for us to take Gholston. He is a good pass rusher, but he's more of a tweener. We already have that with Marcus Washington, and Andre Carter is already an undersized DE.

At that spot, I would have either taken Cherilus or Cason over Gholston.

JETS5128
10-22-2007, 08:43 PM
Great picks for the jets

Beans
10-22-2007, 08:52 PM
Love the second pick for Tampa, iffy on the first.

Caddy
10-23-2007, 06:50 AM
Love the second pick for Tampa, iffy on the first.

I share the same opinion. Hardy has potential, but Tampa has enough rangy possession guys already and he really doesn't present any value in the 1st at this point in time.

TitleTown088
10-23-2007, 08:15 AM
A second round WR for the Packers? No thanks.

Wyndham
10-23-2007, 08:43 AM
Awful second-round pick for the Chiefs as far as I'm concerned. Davone Bess? Good lord - why?

The Chiefs need OG badly; Adam Kraus would be an okay pick. Maybe grab the best available cornerback or even Xavier Adibi, because the Chiefs aren't afraid to go BPA (see last year grabbing two DL in rounds two and three).

T-RICH49
10-23-2007, 08:43 AM
give KC Chevis Jackson or Dwight Lowery in RD.The Chiefs are very old and thin at the CB posistion and outside of OL CB is our biggest need

falconsrule
10-23-2007, 09:28 AM
Brohm top 3 pick=Bad pick for Atlanta.

Finsfan79
10-23-2007, 09:35 AM
1. Miami: Jake Long OT Michigan - I think the Dolphins believe in 2007 2nd round pick John Beck, however they’re going to need to get him someone to protect his blind side. Long is a mauler who will not only protect Beck but also give Ronnie Brown a wall to run behind.

Glenn Dorsey please

We need defense not a Right Tackle. We have a wonderful Left Tackle already in Carey

33. Miami: Tarrell Thomas CB USC

Conner is BPA there to stick at LB with Crowder for the future

49. Miami (from SD): Shawn Crable OLB Michigan

Give me a safety here or OT here would be best for us.

georgiafan
10-23-2007, 10:15 AM
Remember the falcons have two 2nd round picks

draftguru151
10-23-2007, 10:20 AM
Carey is not a wonderful LT. He is a slightly above average LT and a very good RT. Having Long would upgrade LT, RT and possibly LG if we want to move Shelton there and if not is frees up some cap room by cutting him. It's definitely not a lock but at this point it is the most logical pick.

Connor, Groves or Dre Moore would all be better picks there. Groves is going too late though. Crable is a good pick, good scheme fit and good value.

D-Unit
10-23-2007, 01:10 PM
Davone Bess huh?

Ray Rice in round 1 to the Cowboys is crazy talk.

The OUTLAW
10-23-2007, 09:51 PM
Good pick for the Browns

bearsfan_51
10-23-2007, 10:29 PM
Your picks are different, so I give you credit there.

Some of them are questionable, Frank Okam would be a terrible pick for the Bears for example. Even our NT is expected to weigh around 300 and be a gap penetrator.

Don't listen to bilingsley either. Adarius Bowman for the 5th pick would be ******* stupid. Looking at who is available I'd say Calais Campbell or Chris Long would be the most likely pick.

bearsfan_51
10-23-2007, 10:32 PM
I would also suggest looking up the value of certain players, unless this is where you are projecting them to be around draft time.

Guys like James Hardy and Martin Rucker do not currently grade out to 1st level talents for example.

But I like it overall.

dbtb135
10-24-2007, 01:41 AM
20. Tampa Bay: James Hardy WR Indiana - Joey Galloway is closing in on retirement and Michael Clayton has looked very disappointing ever since his breakout rookie year in 2004. Hardy will enter the league as one of the tallest WR’s ever at 6’7 but also has very good hands to go along with his freakish size.
23. Carolina: Sam Baker OT USC -

52. Tampa Bay: Colt Brennan QB Hawai’i
61. Green Bay: Harry Douglas WR Louisville

Hardy isn't that good and isn't a need with Stovall, Clayton, Hilliard, Warren. We need a guy who can stretch the field after Galloway is done. Possibly one who could return for us until then. Terrible pick. Baker would be awesome there.

The Brennan pick isn't too great either as he's fallen a bit this season when people though he was a 1st rounder. Very iffy pick in round 2. Bakers and Douglas would put us in great shape, fill two of our biggest needs, and they're probably the most talented players on the board.

TacticaLion
10-24-2007, 10:44 AM
22. Detroit: Mike Jenkins CB USF - In the 2 games the Lions have lost this year they have been torched thru the air. Jenkins is a tough defender who could possibly play either CB or S in this draft similar to Smith of Oklahoma.

54. Detroit: Kirk Barton OT Ohio State
Props for going 2 rounds... that's 2 rounds more than my mock would be this early in the season.

I'm not a big fan of the picks (although they're spent on 2 of our 3 most pressing positions), but it's the logic for the Jenkins pick that I need to address.

One reason why we get torched through the air is because our MLB isn't fast enough (or instinctive enough) to drop back and cover the middle, something necessary in the Cover 2. Without the middle covered, the safeties tend to play lower, which leaves less protection for the deep ball. A stud MLB would do wonders for our defense, which is why I think it deserves round 1 consideration.

OL is a need, but I'd rather address MLB and CB in the first two rounds.