PDA

View Full Version : Offensive Formations

ny10804
10-22-2007, 07:45 PM
Which is your favorite formation that you ( have seen / will see ) this year?

I can't wait to see this one myself:

Donald Driver - James Jones - [offensive line + Donald Lee] - Koren Robinson - Greg Jennings

with Favre at the helm.

Should be really fun to watch. Anything with those 4 WRs should be effective, especially this week with Champ and Bly effectively blanketing two of them on each play. Any of those two vs. the nickel and dime backs are very good matchups.

Boston
10-22-2007, 09:02 PM
I used to love the U-71 formation. I know we don't have it anymore, due to the transparent running game, but that was always great. They knew what was coming, but they had no chance.

jackalope
10-22-2007, 09:32 PM
I'm also really looking forward to seeing Driver-Jennings-Jones-Robinson all line up on one play. Having Robinson going against the #4 corner should be a good mismatch.

ny10804
10-22-2007, 09:36 PM
I used to love the U-71 formation. I know we don't have it anymore, due to the transparent running game, but that was always great. They knew what was coming, but they had no chance.

If you watched the Bears game, there was one formation with Wynn at RB, Korey Hall and Corey Williams (the DT) at FB, Bubba Franks as the playside TE, Donald Lee as the backside TE, the regular o-line, with Favre under center. Thats about as close as we're gonna get to a U-71 formation, and it appears only to be used near the goaline...

Nitschke-Hawk
10-22-2007, 10:01 PM
Anything with Driver in the slot in a zone coverage. (Man coverage would probably bring the number 1 corner with him)

And that spread is gonna be awesome. Even better if we got some crazy shifts into it.

Boston
10-22-2007, 10:05 PM
Anything with Driver in the slot in a zone coverage. (Man coverage would probably bring the number 1 corner with him)

And that spread is gonna be awesome. Even better if we got some crazy shifts into it.

Or, better yet, a visible running game to give that slight uncertainty before the play.

Nitschke-Hawk
10-22-2007, 11:30 PM
haha^

Hmmm... how about any formation that will average at least 4 yards a carry for a total of 30 times a game?

Twiddler
10-23-2007, 09:26 AM
haha^

Hmmm... how about any formation that will average at least 4 yards a carry for a total of 30 times a game?

You mean the "not until we get some good running holes and maybe a decent healthy running back who has the potential to play well" formation? :)

Nitschke-Hawk
10-24-2007, 02:20 PM
Let's line up in Full House Single Wide this week. It will be like the 1940's.

Ryan Krause will be the big slow footed receiver slpit wide covered by none other than Champ Bailey. Tony Moll and Allen Barbre will be the extra tackles. Justin Harrell will be the right full back and Korey Hall will be the left. Anybody they want can be at tailback.

Hawk
10-24-2007, 10:30 PM
Spread option

ny10804
11-14-2007, 05:33 PM
Here's one of everyone's new favorites: http://packers.com/news/stories/2007/11/13/1/

"The Big Five"

Jim Jim
11-14-2007, 07:12 PM
I like the double fullback-running back formation they use sometimes. Our fullbacks seem to be nasty in the trenches.

umphrey
11-14-2007, 08:12 PM
5 WR and shotgun, or 4 WR and Grant.

I like when we set up to pass, and I also like when Ruvell Martin sees the field. I think he is really underrated and overshadowed by our good WR group.

GB12
11-14-2007, 08:15 PM
5 WR and shotgun, or 4 WR and Grant.

I like when we set up to pass, and I also like when Ruvell Martin sees the field. I think he is really underrated and overshadowed by our good WR group.
Not only that, but he should be open a lot since teams are more concerned with the other guys. Most teams don't have the DBs to match up well with all of them.

Moses
11-14-2007, 09:01 PM
There's not much I don't like that we run, except for 2 TE formations while Franks is out. The beauty of our offence is that their is skill at every position, and in some cases it's very deep (ie. wide receiver).