PDA

View Full Version : College Gameday Thread Week 9

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

draftguru151
10-22-2007, 08:11 PM
Discuss week 9 games.

HUGE game this Thursday. BC at VT. I don't see BC escaping Blacksburg with their #2 ranking.

Ohio State in Happy Valley should be a great one as well. Cal/Arizona State should show on good Arizona State really is.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/schedules

RyanLeaf#1
10-22-2007, 08:28 PM
Virginia Tech a 3.5 favorite, Ohio State a 3.5 favorite, Oregon a 2.5 point favorite vs USC, and Arizona State a 3 point favorite. There is going to be some good games played this week. Besides these 4 im really looking forward to seeing a very underrated Fresno State team ( a 3 point underdog) at home vs Boise State on Friday.

nfrillman
10-22-2007, 08:54 PM
The Mizz facing off against the 1-6 Iowa State Cyclones. If Missouri loses that game I might just dive off a skyscraper.

RyanLeaf#1
10-22-2007, 08:55 PM
The Mizz facing off against the 1-6 Iowa State Cyclones. If Missouri loses that game I might just dive off a skyscraper.

Missouri wins this game by 3 plus touchdowns.

RyanLeaf#1
10-22-2007, 08:57 PM
I just looked Missouri is a 28.5 favorite you dont have nothing to worry about.

BuckNaked
10-22-2007, 09:04 PM
At least this week I won't have to urinate in my pants because UK is not playing a national powerhouse.

SuperKevin
10-22-2007, 09:07 PM
At least this week I won't have to urinate in my pants because UK is not playing a national powerhouse.

Yes but if I learned anything from Billy madison it's that all the cool kids pee their pants

BuckNaked
10-22-2007, 09:08 PM
Yes but if I learned anything from Billy madison it's that all the cool kids pee their pants

If peeing your pants is cool, then i'm Miles Davis.

RyanLeaf#1
10-22-2007, 09:14 PM
If peeing your pants is cool, then i'm Miles Davis.

Well ill tell you one thing when Kentucky scored at the end of the game vs Florida I peed my pants I was so happy because I thought I pushed and didnt lose no money. Then 5 seconds later when the refs ran off the field and no PAT was kicked, I found myself standing up with a load of **** in my pants realizing I better call the bookie, and get this Auburn game in.

ironman4579
10-22-2007, 09:38 PM
It must have been that damn saskquatch.

Seriously though, I have a feeling Michigan may hold Mike Hart out against Minnesota. I have no problem with it since Minni is awful this year and I'd rather have him healthy for MSU, Wisco, and OSU.

That BC/VaTech game is actually intriguing to me. I think VTech will win it, but at the same time, I think BC could pull the upset(yes, I know it wouldn't be a upset in terms of rankings, but I would consider it an upset personally)

The OSU/PSU game I don't think will be close actually. Defensively, I think PSU can slow down Ohio State, but PSU's offense is brutal, and Ohio States D is outstanding. Not a recipe for success.

I think Cal beats ASU.

doingthisinsteadofwork
10-22-2007, 09:49 PM
If Cal pulls their head out of their ass ASU probably wont come out of this undefeated.

Turtlepower
10-22-2007, 11:31 PM
I am going to be so f***ed up for the ASU homecoming game this weekend. I'll probably resemble someone like this:

http://www.gatorcountry.org/wearetheboys/images/eli_drunk.jpg

SuperKevin
10-23-2007, 12:30 AM
I am going to be so f***ed up for the ASU homecoming game this weekend. I'll probably resemble someone like this:

http://www.gatorcountry.org/wearetheboys/images/eli_drunk.jpg

When did you dye your hair blonde?

RyanLeaf#1
10-23-2007, 08:44 AM
When did you dye your hair blonde?

hahhahahahahahahahaha thats hilarious.

RyanLeaf#1
10-23-2007, 08:59 AM
Coach Frank Beamer said Monday the Hokies would not decide on a quarterback until close to game time, wanting to gauge how much Tyrod Taylor's high-ankle sprain has healed and how effective he may be compared with Sean Glennon. If Glennon starts this game I think VTech is in trouble.

DChess
10-23-2007, 09:33 AM
both asu and bc go down this week, which will probably only be 2 of 5 top ten teams that go down

RyanLeaf#1
10-23-2007, 09:34 AM
both asu and BC go down this week

VTech has some injury issues, and ASU is home, but I can see either game going either way.

DChess
10-23-2007, 09:36 AM
VTech has some injury issues, and ASU is home, but I can see either game going either way.

my reasoning is i dont think either team is really that good, i think this is the first game ryan struggles. but yeah i agree, they should be close games

RyanLeaf#1
10-23-2007, 09:40 AM
my reasoning is i dont think either team is really that good, i think this is the first game ryan struggles. but yeah i agree, they should be close games

Well in my opinion all 4 of these teams have been overrated all season long. Boston College has struggled with some suspect teams, Cal has 2 terrible loses, VTech has QB problems and injuries, and Arizona States biggest wins are against Colorado, and Washington..... I think just because ASU is home they win.

RyanLeaf#1
10-23-2007, 09:41 AM
Skip Bayless is a ******* joke he just said Andre Woodson wont make the NFL. How do these people get paid, and know nothing about college football. What he just said is really bothering me. How do you not know by now that Woodson is a 1st round pick. And your a ******* sports reporter.

DChess
10-23-2007, 09:43 AM
Well in my opinion all 4 of these teams have been overrated all season long. Boston College has struggled with some suspect teams, Cal has 2 terrible loses, VTech has QB problems and injuries, and Arizona States biggest wins are against Colorado, and Washington..... I think just because ASU is home they win.

well im pretty sure vatech didnt get a top ten nod for their offense, there defense is what makes them stand out, in the acc anyways, they did get lit up for 40+ against lsu. but no neither of them are that good, i think the acc is by far the weakest bcs conference. no doubt asu will be ready for cal but cals has played in tough enviorments already (in euguen), and longshore has had another week to get healthy. i think it will be something lke 34-28 cal.

SuperKevin
10-23-2007, 09:45 AM
Skip Bayless is a ******* joke he just said Andre Woodson wont make the NFL. How do these people get paid, and know nothing about college football. What he just said is really bothering me. How do you not know by now that Woodson is a 1st round pick. And your a ******* sports reporter.

Well in Skip's defense it's not exactly a secret that Andre Woodson has a horribly slow release

DChess

he gets paid to do exactly what he does, stir up conversation, just right here is name was brought up, which creates pub. hes a douche and anybody with any knowledge knows hes a joke so they leave it alone, although it can get highly frustrating at times

RyanLeaf#1
Okay ESPN needs to fire Skip Bayless. After saying Woodson is not an NFL player. He just went on to say that USC is still the number 1 team in the nation... This guy is a straight up clown.

RyanLeaf#1
10-23-2007, 09:47 AM
well im pretty sure vatech didnt get a top ten nod for their offense, there defense is what makes them stand out, in the acc anyways, they did get lit up for 40+ against lsu. but no neither of them are that good, i think the acc is by far the weakest bcs conference. no doubt asu will be ready for cal but cals has played in tough enviorments already (in euguen), and longshore has had another week to get healthy. i think it will be something lke 34-28 cal.

Yes VTech definitely has definitely got them to where their at, but I think they have alot of injuries in the linebacker position. I definitely think the Cal vs ASU game will be a shootout.

draftguru151
10-23-2007, 09:48 AM
If Glennon does start I think the chances go WAY down or VT to win. This is going to be a huge game for Ryan though. If he comes out with a impressive performance it should really help both his draft stock as well as his Heisman hopes. If he throws 2 picks and loses, his chances at the #1 QB spot will slip a bit.

DChess
10-23-2007, 09:50 AM
If Glennon does start I think the chances go WAY down or VT to win. This is going to be a huge game for Ryan though. If he comes out with a impressive performance it should really help both his draft stock as well as his Heisman hopes. If he throws 2 picks and loses, his chances at the #1 QB spot will slip a bit.

this will be his biggest start unless he goes to a bowl game, in that case, he needs to pull a jamarcus russell bad

SuperKevin
10-23-2007, 09:53 AM
Matt Ryan is Jake Ryan's younger, sexier, more talented brother and will be the top QB taken. Somewhere out there, Molly Ringwald needs to change her panties

ironman4579
10-23-2007, 09:56 AM
As DChess said, I think a bad game here could still be somewhat wiped away if he goes on to play well the rest of the season and has a huge bowl game(only if it's a BCS or other somewhat "major" bowl against decent competition though) By the way, love the sig D.

As has been said, if Glennon starts, BC chances of winning go up quite a bit IMO. With the VaTech defense slightly banged up, there offense needs to make a couple plays, and the chances of that happening with Glennon go down some.

SuperKevin
10-23-2007, 09:58 AM
How are VT's chances any better with Tyrod Taylor. Boston College's run supporting, ball-hawking DBs will eat him alive. The only way this team wins is if they can force 3 or more turnovers

ironman4579
10-23-2007, 10:01 AM
How are VT's chances any better with Tyrod Taylor. Boston College's run supporting, ball-hawking DBs will eat him alive. The only way this team wins is if they can force 3 or more turnovers

Personally, I don't think either QB is very good, but Taylor is just a little better IMO. Really the only reason why for me.

DChess
10-23-2007, 10:02 AM
at least we get an unbiased opionion from mr.superkevin

RyanLeaf#1
10-23-2007, 10:03 AM
If Taylor starts that helps VTech a little because he is mobie.

SuperKevin
10-23-2007, 10:04 AM
at least we get an unbiased opionion from mr.superkevin

Would you like to chase that with a warm glass of Shut The Hell Up!?

DChess
10-23-2007, 10:06 AM
Would you like to chase that with a warm glass of Shut The Hell Up!?

more like a few gallons of your mothers fresh boob milk, oh yes she is ovalating, if you wanted a little brother, you're welcome, if not, wasnt me.

SuperKevin
10-23-2007, 10:14 AM
more like a few gallons of your mothers fresh boob milk, oh yes she is ovalating, if you wanted a little brother, you're welcome, if not, wasnt me.

Oh yeah, your mom had sex with Joel Skinner.

Sources in Southern California have identified that wicked burn as the cause of the deadly wildfires in san Diego county. When reached for comment, all SuperKevin had to say was "my bad guys. my bad."

DChess
10-23-2007, 10:17 AM
Oh yeah, your mom had sex with Joel Skinner.

Sources in Southern California have identified that wicked burn as the cause of the deadly wildfires in san Diego county. When reached for comment, all SuperKevin had to say was "my bad guys. my bad."

http://www.yu4you.com/slike/photo/1348_insekat_buba.jpg

*cricket*

ironman4579
10-23-2007, 10:24 AM
Even though I'm not a fan of any of these conferences, aren't Florida/Georgia, WVU/Rutgers, And Oregon/USC this weekend too? Those should all be decent games.

DChess
10-23-2007, 10:27 AM
Even though I'm not a fan of any of these conferences, aren't Florida/Georgia, WVU/Rutgers, And Oregon/USC this weekend too? Those should all be decent games.

yeah big week in collge footbal. florida/georgia is just braggin rights at this points. wvu/rutgers is huge for the big east, most teams have one loss besides uconn who will lose soon (they arent pulling a wake forrest), and oregon is still alive for the national championship, so big weekend.

draftguru151
10-23-2007, 10:34 AM
Uconn lost 2 weeks ago to UVA.

DChess
10-23-2007, 10:35 AM
Uconn lost 2 weeks ago to UVA.

they arent in our conference big guy.

edit- i meant to say in my original post, havent lost in the conference

draftguru151
10-23-2007, 10:37 AM
Ah ok, well they've got USF this weekend so I doubt that lasts much longer.

DChess
10-23-2007, 10:39 AM
Ah ok, well they've got USF this weekend so I doubt that lasts much longer.

yeah, they should have lost to louisville, the big east reviewed the game and said that the refs mad a terrible call that basically cost louy the game

RyanLeaf#1
10-23-2007, 10:41 AM
yeah, they should have lost to louisville, the big east reviewed the game and said that the refs mad a terrible call that basically cost louy the game

That was one of the worst calls in football history. Im convinced them refs were paid off.

ironman4579
10-23-2007, 10:44 AM
That was one of the worst calls in football history. Im convinced them refs were paid off.

Lost money on it, didn't you?

RyanLeaf#1
10-23-2007, 10:46 AM
Lost money on it, didn't you?

No I didnt play the side I played the total so when that happened I was actually laughing because I took the over. Which ended up losing but if I would have had Louisville I would have been very mad.

ironman4579
10-23-2007, 10:49 AM
No I didnt play the side I played the total so when that happened I was actually laughing because I took the over. Which ended up losing but if I would have had Louisville I would have been very mad.

I imagine some fellow gamblers were mighty unhappy that day, no question. One of my buddies bet that game, and I thought he was going to throw a chair through the TV.

SuperKevin
10-23-2007, 11:02 AM
So I am probably the only one who think Boston College wins by 10 points or more

DChess
10-23-2007, 11:03 AM
So I am probably the only one who think Boston College wins by 10 points or more

you're also the only one who knows what he feels like to be inside a goat.

RyanLeaf#1
10-23-2007, 11:33 AM

Im actually leaning towards BC as the game gets closer. But my friend in work who is a former starting fullback for Boston College swears there are gonna lose.

Sniper
10-23-2007, 12:01 PM
I just looked USC is a 41 favorite you dont have nothing to worry about.

Funny how you can reword things and all of a sudden there might be something to worry about ;)

RyanLeaf#1
10-23-2007, 12:03 PM
Funny how you can reword things and all of a sudden there might be something to worry about ;)

Where did this come from and why would you quote this now?.... Not that im mad they lost I loved seeing USC go down, but just dont understand why 3 weeks later im being quoted?

Sniper
10-23-2007, 12:05 PM
Where did this come from and why would you quote this now?.... Not that im mad they lost I loved seeing USC go down, but just dont understand why 3 weeks later im being quoted?

I don't know. Just saw the first page to this thread. I'm a tad late on week 9

RyanLeaf#1
10-23-2007, 12:07 PM
I don't know. Just saw the first page to this thread. I'm a tad late on week 9

I didnt say that in this thread.

SuperKevin
10-23-2007, 12:14 PM
I didnt say that in this thread.

He's responding to your comment that Missouri has nothing to worry about since they are a 28.5 point favorite

Sniper
10-23-2007, 12:18 PM
He's responding to your comment that Missouri has nothing to worry about since they are a 28.5 point favorite

Yes, this is correct ;)

RyanLeaf#1
10-23-2007, 12:19 PM

Well I would bet my left nut that Iowa State doesnt beat Missouri this weekend.

scottyboy
10-23-2007, 04:38 PM
everyone knows the real game of the week is the RU/WVA game. god, i'm so pumped/nervous. A W puts us in BIG time big east title contention. i'm a bit nervous though. Jabu Lovelace is just a fun name and super sweet athlete, but he's not a QB, who the hell is he trying to fool, so damn teel's thumb better be healed. little cliche here but: WVA better be prepared for a big helping of Rice on Saturday. there, i said it

RyanLeaf#1
10-23-2007, 05:43 PM
everyone knows the real game of the week is the RU/WVA game. god, i'm so pumped/nervous. A W puts us in BIG time big east title contention. i'm a bit nervous though. Jabu Lovelace is just a fun name and super sweet athlete, but he's not a QB, who the hell is he trying to fool, so damn teel's thumb better be healed. little cliche here but: WVA better be prepared for a big helping of Rice on Saturday. there, i said it

Well West Virginia is a 6 point favorite on the road. That says alot after Rutgers just beat the #2 team in the nation.

scottyboy
10-23-2007, 05:45 PM
Well West Virginia is a 6 point favorite on the road. That says alot after Rutgers just beat the #2 team in the nation.

eh QB with a bad thumb, no longer the media's darling(thank god). I'm fine with it. Ray Ray will be another huge part of this game, meaning, unfortunately and realisticly, more 40+ carry games will hurt his draft stock.

RyanLeaf#1
10-23-2007, 05:48 PM
eh QB with a bad thumb, no longer the media's darling(thank god). I'm fine with it. Ray Ray will be another huge part of this game, meaning, unfortunately and realisticly, more 40+ carry games will hurt his draft stock.

I think if the game was at night it would be alot better, but I dont like Rutgers' chances with the 12 oclock start.

scottyboy
10-23-2007, 05:52 PM
I think if the game was at night it would be alot better, but I dont like Rutgers' chances with the 12 oclock start.

yea, we're better at night for some reason, it wont make a huge difference, but still... i'm a bit nervous for this actually, but we'll see.

vatech=accdomination
10-23-2007, 07:18 PM
Virginia Tech doesn't need an offense, they need a punt and kickoff return team, a kicker, and a defense.

and tbh, i think i would actually be more confident in Glennon in this game, when he came in for Tyrod against duke(albeit duke) he played with confidence, something i have never seen him do before, and he threw all over them. I don't want Tyrod to come in and risk further injury, kinda like MV when they lost to Miami in 2000. The only injury now is whether OLB Cam Martin plays, and he has up and down games, so it isnt a big loss either way.

ironman4579
10-23-2007, 07:25 PM
I actually think Rutgers will win this one. Just a feeling. But I also had a feeling Oregon would beat Cal as well. Definately not a game I'd put money on.

RyanLeaf#1
10-23-2007, 07:43 PM
I actually think Rutgers will win this one. Just a feeling. But I also had a feeling Oregon would beat Cal as well. Definately not a game I'd put money on.

Its definitely going to be a good game. I cant wait to watch it. WVU has so much fire power.

DChess
10-23-2007, 07:45 PM
this past week was the first time i felt really comfortable with our offense. putting up 31 in the first quarter, against a average miss st team, not a bad one

DChess
10-23-2007, 07:45 PM
scotty. wanna do a sig bet.

ironman4579
10-23-2007, 07:54 PM
Its definitely going to be a good game. I cant wait to watch it. WVU has so much fire power.

They do have that. I think if Rutgers can at least limit their run game, they have a shot.

RyanLeaf#1
10-23-2007, 07:59 PM
They do have that. I think if Rutgers can at least limit their run game, they have a shot.

Yea I understand what your saying, but with White, Devine, and Slaton in the backfield its going to be tough. Plus you cant sleep on their pass game or big old Schmitt.

ironman4579
10-23-2007, 08:08 PM
Yea I understand what your saying, but with White, Devine, and Slaton in the backfield its going to be tough. Plus you cant sleep on their pass game or big old Schmitt.

I just realized how dumb and obvious my original post you quoted was. Yea, it's not obvious that WVU basically lives by their running game or anything. Christ, I feel like John Madden now. True, they can pass a bit, but certainly not with any consistancy IMO.

RyanLeaf#1
10-23-2007, 08:11 PM
I just realized how dumb and obvious my original post you quoted was. Yea, it's not obvious that WVU basically lives by their running game or anything. Christ, I feel like John Madden now. True, they can pass a bit, but certainly not with any consistancy IMO.

Certainly not with any consistany, but teams look for the run so much that it opens the pass game. Reynaud is a very good receiver, and White only has 2 ints this season with a 161.8 QB rating. Its a very gimmicky pass offense, but Reynaud would be good on any team. So we will see how Rutgers plays them.

kwilk103
10-23-2007, 08:22 PM
we also send slaton on fly/wheel routes and throw to schmitt out of the backfield

RyanLeaf#1
10-23-2007, 08:29 PM
we also send slaton on fly/wheel routes and throw to schmitt out of the backfield

Slaton is a big problem for Rutgers.

ironman4579
10-23-2007, 08:36 PM
I actually didn't realize how many catches Slaton has so far. Definately be a big challenge for Rutgers to try and contain him for the most part.

kwilk103
10-23-2007, 08:38 PM
slaton has been back on kickoffs too

he returned one to about the 35 against msu

they put devine/slaton/rivers(very good return man; never calls for a fair catch) in that order back there

also, sometimes we put either slaton/devine in the slot and the other at rb

i would expect more plays out of those formations; against msu after the 28-0 lead after the 1st, our offense went into shut down mode, and we used basic formations; slaton played the whole game to get more work, but we basically just handed it to him or schmitt the rest of the day; maybe 5 passes after the 1st quarter

adschofield
10-23-2007, 08:46 PM
Big game for the #9 Jayhawks at College Station against Texas A&M

Iamcanadian
10-24-2007, 09:00 AM
I think LSU at Alabama is an absolute huge game. if Flynn doesn't start playing better LSU will go down and the SEC could see itself without a team in the top 10 although that won't last long.
If LSU, and Boston College both lose and USC beats Oregon, Arizona St. and Cal in all away games, they could still make the NC game. Strange year???

RyanLeaf#1
10-24-2007, 09:17 AM
I think LSU at Alabama is an absolute huge game. if Flynn doesn't start playing better LSU will go down and the SEC could see itself without a team in the top 10 although that won't last long.
If LSU, and Boston College both lose and USC beats Oregon, Arizona St. and Cal in all away games, they could still make the NC game. Strange year???

The thing is LSU dont even play this week.

Turtlepower
10-24-2007, 10:29 AM
I say that if ASU beats Cal and BC beats VT, then those two should no matter what be ranked above Ohio State. Bold statement...

Sniper
10-24-2007, 10:43 AM
I say that if ASU beats Cal and BC beats VT, then those two should no matter what be ranked above Ohio State. Bold statement...

If BC beats the same VT team that got raped by LSU? Not much of a measuring stick. And no, that shouldn't be it. If Ohio State beats PSU and their stupid "White Out" @ PSU this weekend, they should stay #1.

Turtlepower
10-24-2007, 10:45 AM
If Ohio State beats PSU and their stupid "White Out" @ PSU this weekend, they should stay #1.

Yeah, the white out is stupid. For the ASU game we are having a "gold rush" for our homecoming against Cal. Now, we only do this kind of thing once every couple of years if it is an important enough game, but Penn St. does it for every other home game.

Sniper
10-24-2007, 10:48 AM
Yeah, the white out is stupid. For the ASU game we are having a "gold rush" for our homecoming against Cal. Now, we only do this kind of thing once every couple of years if it is an important enough game, but Penn St. does it for every other home game .

It's really annoying. Half my graduating class went to PSU and they never shut the **** up about that thing. It felt so good to shut them the **** up last year when Michigan beat them there without Mario Manningham. They tend to do it when they know there's a good shot that they would usually lose (see Ohio State, Michigan)

Turtlepower
10-25-2007, 05:31 PM
1 Hour until gametime. BC better fall or else I'll be pissed. How far the ACC has fallen when we are talking about a possibly undefeated ACC team not being the best team in the country. =D

RyanLeaf#1
10-25-2007, 05:35 PM
1 Hour until gametime. BC better fall or else I'll be pissed. How far the ACC has fallen when we are talking about a possibly undefeated ACC team not being the best team in the country. =D

Boston College is winning tonight.

Turtlepower
10-25-2007, 05:40 PM
Boston College is winning tonight.

They probably will... I hope Matt Ryan hurts himself on the first play, but is able to come back next week. Severe enough for the game, but not for his career. See, I'm a nice guy. =D

BrownsTown
10-25-2007, 05:43 PM
I'm rooting for VT just because BC is so overrated. Unfortunately, so is VT.

SuperKevin
10-25-2007, 05:55 PM
Matt Ryan earns his Heisman trophy tonight

Borat
10-25-2007, 06:09 PM
For you Directv subscribers, they're now carrying the Big 10 Network's Alternative channels in HD. So, you can pretty much get all the Big 10 games in HD now. Sweet.

*DIRECTV has confirmed it will carry all three games in high-definition this weekend for customers who have an MPEG4 HD receiver and 5-LNB satellite dish

SuperKevin
10-25-2007, 06:38 PM
Rain in Blacksburg. i think this works in BC's favor as i find it rough for a young QB like Tyrod taylor to get anything going in the air with the rain

RyanLeaf#1
10-25-2007, 06:39 PM
Rain in Blacksburg. i think this works in BC's favor as i find it rough for a young QB like Tyrod taylor to get anything going in the air with the rain

Taylor isnt playing.

soybean
10-25-2007, 06:40 PM

too bad he's not starting.

SuperKevin
10-25-2007, 06:40 PM
too bad he's not starting.

Then it definately works in BCs favor as Glennon is a joke

RyanLeaf#1
10-25-2007, 06:41 PM
Then it definately works in BCs favor as Glennon is a joke

Glennon definitely sucks.

soybean
10-25-2007, 06:43 PM
hey look VT has an asian offensive lineman.

soybean
10-25-2007, 06:44 PM
wow... he does suck...

RyanLeaf#1
10-25-2007, 06:44 PM
LOL Glennon is terrible

soybean
10-25-2007, 06:45 PM
put in taylor, i don't care what his injury is. high ankle sprain or coma, put him in the game.

Turtlepower
LOL Glennon is terrible

At least he doesn't stomp on opposing players' legs. =D

SuperKevin
LOL Glennon is terrible

**** what happened i'm in the other room

RyanLeaf#1
10-25-2007, 06:46 PM
put in taylor, i don't care what his injury has. high ankle sprain or coma, put him in the game.

If I was a Virginia Tech fan thats how I would feel, but I bet Boston College so I Hope Taylor dont reach the field.

RyanLeaf#1
**** what happened i'm in the other room

He was getting sacked and just threw the ball up for grabs but it fell incomplete.

Geo
That the Boston College defense is as good against the run as it is, with BJ Raji not playing this year (academics, wasn't it?), is impressive.

Great play by Chris Ellis there.

soybean
10-25-2007, 06:47 PM
If I was a Virginia Tech fan thats how I would feel, but I bet Boston College so I Hope Taylor dont reach the field.

what was the spread?

RyanLeaf#1
10-25-2007, 06:47 PM
what was the spread?

Virginia Tech is giving 3.

draftguru151
10-25-2007, 06:52 PM
Times that Ryan has made me cringe: 1.

SuperKevin
10-25-2007, 06:53 PM
Wow. Ryan is looking really sloppy. I think he snaps out of it though and gets comfortable soon

RyanLeaf#1
This is sloppy. WOW what a punt.

soybean
wow talk about pressure.

soybean
10-25-2007, 06:54 PM
Times that Ryan has made me cringe: 1.

1? he did that twice. He needs to just take the sack, and stop culpeppering it.

Geo
10-25-2007, 06:57 PM
He fumbled? :p

RyanLeaf#1
He fumbled?

No just 2 bad throws when he was getting hit.

draftguru151
1? he did that twice. He needs to just take the sack, and stop culpeppering it.

The 2nd one happened right as I posted that, lol.

RyanLeaf#1
10-25-2007, 06:59 PM
WOW Glennon actually made a good throw there, but Royal couldnt bring it down.

SuperKevin
10-25-2007, 07:00 PM
Good throw by Glennon? It was into double coverage. Lucky is the right word

RyanLeaf#1
10-25-2007, 07:02 PM
Good throw by Glennon? It was into double coverage. Lucky is the right word

I just didnt realize Glennon could throw to a target 35 plus yards down field and actually come within 10 feet of him. But your right he was throwing at 3 people.

Turtlepower
10-25-2007, 07:02 PM
This is looking like another Alabama vs. Arkansas where the winner will be loved by the media because they won, but neither team played like a top-25 team at all.

Geo
10-25-2007, 07:03 PM
Notch another one, guru.

SuperKevin
I still stand by my Matt Ryan for Heisman stance

RyanLeaf#1
Automatic first down!!!!!

Geo
10-25-2007, 07:04 PM
This Boston College punter, whoever he is, is an ace so far. In this weather no less.

soybean
10-25-2007, 07:06 PM
I don't like that rule. they should just tack on the penalty at the site of the catch.

RyanLeaf#1
10-25-2007, 07:08 PM
One of the best punts you will ever see.

SuperKevin
10-25-2007, 07:08 PM
Best punt ever. I smell a safety

soybean
10-25-2007, 07:12 PM
watching glennon is painful. I think im just gonna go out and get some food pretty soon.

RyanLeaf#1
10-25-2007, 07:13 PM
LOL he is so bad. Boston College should get good field position here.

SuperKevin
Great forcing a 3 and out by BC. They should have great field position

Turtlepower
watching glennon is painful. I think im just gonna go out and get some food pretty soon.

Go to Philly B's. =D

RyanLeaf#1
10-25-2007, 07:14 PM
Go to Philly B's. =D

Philly Bs?

Turtlepower
10-25-2007, 07:14 PM
Philly Bs?

Filiberto's. It is a greasy mexican food place in Phoenix, AZ. Sooo good.

soybean
10-25-2007, 07:16 PM
Go to Philly B's. =D

oooh ya.

no offense to anyone that likes him, i know it's only 1 quarter, but, THIS is suppose to be the best qb in the draft? I find that hard to believe.

SuperKevin
10-25-2007, 07:17 PM
Johnny Ayers is the best punter alive

SuperKevin
10-25-2007, 07:18 PM
oooh ya.

no offense to anyone that likes him, i know it's only 1 quarter, but, THIS is suppose to be the best qb in the draft? I find that hard to believe.

The weather isn't affecting this game at all though

RyanLeaf#1

He reminds me of the guy that played at Washington last year.

Turtlepower
oooh ya.

Compare what Ryan does on his first real time n the spotlight against a good team and what Andre Woodson did. Now, Ryan could snap out of it, but we'll see.

soybean
10-25-2007, 07:19 PM
The weather isn't affecting this game at all though

is this sarcasm? lol.

RyanLeaf#1
Compare what Ryan does on his first real time n the spotlight against a good team and what Andre Woodson did. Now, Ryan could snap out of it, but we'll see.

Does anyone see the weather? I think that affects the pass game.

SuperKevin
is this sarcasm? lol.

I'll let you be the judge

Turtlepower
10-25-2007, 07:20 PM
Does anyone see the weather? I think that affects the pass game.

That is a good point. Though, by the end of the game he should get a feel for the weather and be able to play better. Hopefully getting warmed up for the second half will help him, so it is best to not jump to conclusions. But I want BC to lose, so I will. =D

soybean
10-25-2007, 07:20 PM
I'll let you be the judge

it would have been easier to detect, if the "though" wasn't placed at the end of the sentence. :D

SeanTaylorRIP
10-25-2007, 07:21 PM
The Weather is awful for a QB, bad grip, can't see the field, and wideouts are running more gingerly and not making sharp cuts so he has to get used to the new way they are running routes. We can't judge Ryan on this game.

RyanLeaf#1
10-25-2007, 07:22 PM
They need to get more pressure on Glennon hes camping out back there.

Geo
10-25-2007, 07:22 PM
What happened to Boston College receiver Tony Gonzalez? Did he graduate last year?

I remember him being a good receiver last year, but I can't remember him being mentioned once around the Draft or undrafted rookie free agency.

RyanLeaf#1
10-25-2007, 07:26 PM
Rediculous to let Glennon run for 12 yards on a 3 & 10.

RyanLeaf#1
10-25-2007, 07:30 PM
Thats a terrible flag.

Geo
10-25-2007, 07:32 PM
Yeah, I too am not crazy about a defender, telling the opposing crowd to shush, being flagged for taunting. Let the players play.

soybean
10-25-2007, 07:35 PM
the hell? interesting.

definitely bobbled it.

RyanLeaf#1
10-25-2007, 07:36 PM
He also pushed off which wasnt called

Geo
Got to love how the ref right there on the line is looking for help cause he has no clue.

He didn't have possession in bounds, no score.

Sniper

Zoltan Mesko is offended

RyanLeaf#1
10-25-2007, 07:37 PM
Got to love how the ref right there on the line is looking for help cause he has no clue.

He didn't have possession in bounds, no score.

If they uphold this im gonna be pissed.

RyanLeaf#1
10-25-2007, 07:37 PM
Thats terrible.

SuperKevin
10-25-2007, 07:38 PM
Whats the point of instant replay if you still make the bad call after the replay

Turtlepower
10-25-2007, 07:38 PM
Horrible, horrible call...

soybean
10-25-2007, 07:39 PM
lol, "stop looking at the message boards"?

that's pretty funny. I wonder if anyone comes on here to see us talking **** on them.

Turtlepower
10-25-2007, 07:39 PM
One of the worst calls of the season so far.

SuperKevin
10-25-2007, 07:40 PM
Anyone else pissed off at the fact that the ref wasn't where he was supposed to be in the first place? I mean do your job buddy

kwilk103
10-25-2007, 07:40 PM
and the pushoff?

RyanLeaf#1
10-25-2007, 07:41 PM
Anyone else pissed off at the fact that the ref wasn't where he was supposed to be in the first place? I mean do your job buddy

He was like 5 feet off the line under a cameraman.

soybean
One of the worst calls of the season so far.

right next to the Uconn fair catch touchdown.

RyanLeaf#1
and the pushoff?

The pushoff was worse then the call how do they think he got wide open?

Turtlepower
10-25-2007, 07:42 PM
right next to the Uconn fair catch touchdown.

I wanted BC to lose, but if they end up losing it is due to BS just like UConn.

kwilk103
10-25-2007, 07:42 PM
how is vt #8 when they got destroyed by lsu? there offense is horrible

Turtlepower
10-25-2007, 07:44 PM
how is vt #8 when they got destroyed by lsu? there offense is horrible

Because they play in the ACC.

SuperKevin
10-25-2007, 07:44 PM
Being #2 is a curse. i hope BC comes back though

Turtlepower
10-25-2007, 07:45 PM

I hope Ohio State loses as well as BC because it will be nice to see ASU #1 after they beat Cal. =D

RyanLeaf#1
10-25-2007, 07:46 PM

Everytime I look at the picture on the right on your sig I crack up.

Turtlepower
10-25-2007, 07:46 PM
Everytime I look at the picture on the right on your sig I crack up.

The guy sort of reminds me of a crazy hobo who wanders around ASU's campus.

Sniper
10-25-2007, 07:47 PM
I hope Ohio State loses as well as BC because it will be nice to see ASU #1 after they beat Cal. =D

ASU wouldn't be #1. LSU would get it. I'm not saying it's right, I'm saying it's what would happen.

RyanLeaf#1
10-25-2007, 07:48 PM
Glennon just got drilled

Turtlepower
ASU wouldn't be #1. LSU would get it. I'm not saying it's right, I'm saying it's what would happen.

Yeah I know, but a boy can dream, can't he?

Geo
LOL, it's like Glennon knew exactly where the line of scrimmage was so that he could get sacked instead of tackled.

RyanLeaf#1
I have a good feeling about this upcoming drive for BC.

RyanLeaf#1
10-25-2007, 07:50 PM
Ryan needs to stop throwing to this TE he cant hold on to the ball

soybean
10-25-2007, 07:51 PM
maybe LSU becomes number 2 and then loses to alabama.

RyanLeaf#1
10-25-2007, 07:52 PM
BC has a nice drive going here.

soybean
10-25-2007, 07:56 PM
good throw.

RyanLeaf#1
10-25-2007, 07:56 PM
good throw.

I cant believe he didnt catch that.

SuperKevin
10-25-2007, 07:58 PM
Damn it Matt Ryan! Pull your head out of your ass and make a play. You should have had at least 3 points from that drive

RyanLeaf#1
10-25-2007, 07:58 PM
BC has to make them pay for that fumble.

soybean
10-25-2007, 07:59 PM
what an ugly game.

RyanLeaf#1
10-25-2007, 07:59 PM
They have to atleast get 3 on this drive.

RyanLeaf#1
10-25-2007, 08:02 PM
WOW Ryan had a wide open WR their and totally missed him.

SuperKevin
10-25-2007, 08:03 PM
Horrible. Just horrible.

soybean
10-25-2007, 08:03 PM
They have to atleast get 3 on this drive.

hmm....10 characters

LonghornsLegend
10-25-2007, 08:04 PM
Its about to get broke open now

soybean
10-25-2007, 08:05 PM
there's still a half left, if i remember correctly USF was in control and leading last week before the half.

RyanLeaf#1
10-25-2007, 08:06 PM
Its about to get broke open now

Nah that penalty hurt them.

RyanLeaf#1
10-25-2007, 08:10 PM
Halftime ..... time to switch over to the AirForce game.

SeanTaylorRIP
10-25-2007, 08:17 PM
Halftime ..... time to switch over to the AirForce game.

Airforce, New Mexico sounds fun.

soybean
10-25-2007, 08:19 PM
time to get food... I'm gonna go get some carne asada nachos.

RyanLeaf#1
10-25-2007, 08:31 PM
Well here we go with the 2nd half I expect Ryan to throw atleast 2 touchdowns this half.

SuperKevin
10-25-2007, 08:33 PM
Matt Ryan throws a pick to a diving brandon Flowers

RyanLeaf#1
10-25-2007, 08:33 PM
The f'n receiver fell down that wasnt even Ryans fault.

SuperKevin
10-25-2007, 08:34 PM
Oh and Kevin Challenger is SLOW!!!! Should have had at least 10 more yards on that big completion

SuperKevin
10-25-2007, 08:34 PM
The f'n receiver fell down that wasnt even Ryans fault.

I know. It was poor route running by the WR and a poor read in the first place to even go that way with it

RyanLeaf#1
10-25-2007, 08:35 PM
Oh and Kevin Challenger is SLOW!!!! Should have had at least 10 more yards on that big completion

Yup... There is no way this is getting overturned.

D-Unit
10-25-2007, 08:35 PM
Ryan doesn't look like a superior QB prospect. I've always said he was the one guy that was overrated that everyone said was underrated.

SuperKevin
10-25-2007, 08:36 PM
Ryan doesn't look like a superior QB prospect. I've always said he was the one guy that was overrated that everyone said was underrated.

I still think he's a definate 1st round pick. he does all the little things you need a top QB to do. he's having a crappy game in the rain however

SuperKevin
10-25-2007, 08:40 PM
Good 3 and out for the BC defense. Ryan needs to shake off that pick and come out and get some points on the board

D-Unit
10-25-2007, 08:42 PM
I still think he's a definate 1st round pick. he does all the little things you need a top QB to do. he's having a crappy game in the rain however
It's not the way the ball comes out of his hand that's disappointing. It's his decision making... although his accuracy is terrible as well. He'll be a first rounder based off hype though. False hype.

SuperKevin
10-25-2007, 08:42 PM
Another big punt for Ayers as VT is inside their own 5 again

SuperKevin
10-25-2007, 08:43 PM
It's not the way the ball comes out of his hand that's disappointing. It's his decision making... although his accuracy is terrible as well. He'll be a first rounder based off hype though. False hype.

He's still 100% better than Colt Brennan

He has less interceptions on the year than Colt brennan had in 2 games

D-Unit
10-25-2007, 08:47 PM
He's still 100% better than Colt Brennan

He has less interceptions on the year than Colt brennan had in 2 games
LOL. What does Brennan have to do with this conversation? Brennan is a winner who can lead his team to victories when the cards are against him. Let's see what Ryan can do here.

BTW, he has less than everything than Brennan... Less smarts, less mobility, less accuracy, less yardage, less touchdowns... less everything... so yeah... if you wanna say he has less INTs, that's fine too.

RyanLeaf#1
10-25-2007, 08:51 PM
LOL. What does Brennan have to do with this conversation? Brennan is a winner who can lead his team to victories when the cards are against him. Let's see what Ryan can do here.

BTW, he has less than everything than Brennan... Less smarts, less mobility, less accuracy, less yardage, less touchdowns... less everything... so yeah... if you wanna say he has less INTs, that's fine too.

You can also add Ryan has been arrested less times too.

SuperKevin
10-25-2007, 08:52 PM

Brennan can lead his team to victory against low level WAC opponents

OhioState
10-25-2007, 08:59 PM

brennan might play the worst schedule in the nation though... so i think that the int's are much more telling than those other stats. and also the cards are almost never against brennan because he plays such terrible teams, he should get a score on just about every drive of the game

SuperKevin
10-25-2007, 09:01 PM
Bad call on the pass interference. Jamie Silva is a beast

RyanLeaf#1
10-25-2007, 09:02 PM
They have to hold VTech to a FG

soybean
10-25-2007, 09:02 PM
haha this thread has been hijacked.

D-unit just likes to be blunt about things. I agree that he's not an elite prospect in the likes of quinn, leinart, cutler etc.

however, I've rarely seen him play this year and I would think D-unit has rarely seen him as well since we're both west coast guys.

SuperKevin
10-25-2007, 09:03 PM
haha this thread has been hijacked.

D-unit just likes to be blunt about things. I agree that he's not an elite prospect in the likes of quinn, leinart, cutler etc.

however, I've rarely seen him play this year and I would think D-unit has rarely seen him as well since we're both west coast guys.

If by blunt you mean blindingly homerish than I agree with that statement

soybean
10-25-2007, 09:03 PM
brennan might play the worst schedule in the nation though... so i think that the int's are much more telling than those other stats. and also the cards are almost never against brennan because he plays such terrible teams, he should get a score on just about every drive of the game

hmm, what conference did ben rothlisberger play in?

SuperKevin
10-25-2007, 09:04 PM
hmm, what conference did ben rothlisberger play in?

The MAC. They are better than the WAC by far

RyanLeaf#1
10-25-2007, 09:07 PM
The MAC. They are better than the WAC by far

Its not even close.

soybean
10-25-2007, 09:10 PM
Im just proving a point that qbs can come from lower conferences.

nfl qbs don't have to come from the SEC or ACC to be successful.

soybean
10-25-2007, 09:17 PM
sean glennon is the king of under/over throwing. BC is giving the game away, too bad vtchs offense cant take advantage.

I hope they keep it close though so ryanleaf doesn't lose/wins money.

RyanLeaf#1
10-25-2007, 09:26 PM
BC has to get points up on the board this drive.

SchizophrenicBatman
10-25-2007, 09:30 PM
As an ACC fan I'll say Matt Ryan is overrated. He throws off his back foot way too much and makes a lot of bad decisions for a so-called "smart" QB.

Still, picking on him when he's playing a tough team on a crappy field is pretty lame. Brennan had a bad game in these conditions against San Jose State

Now Ryan did suck against UMass and NC State too, but not many people on his bandwagon saw those games

RyanLeaf#1
10-25-2007, 09:31 PM
As an ACC fan I'll say Matt Ryan is overrated. He throws off his back foot way too much and makes a lot of bad decisions for a so-called "smart" QB.

Still, picking on him when he's playing a tough team on a crappy field is pretty lame. Brennan had a bad game in these conditions against San Jose State

Now Ryan did suck against UMass and NC State too, but not many people on his bandwagon saw those games

You cant compare Brennans bad game against SJSU in the rain to Ryans game against Virginia Tech in the rain.

soybean
10-25-2007, 09:33 PM
they'll both be solid, now the question is, where should they be drafted...?

falconsrule
10-25-2007, 09:34 PM
Woodson have play tougher opponets and still have better stats than Brohm and Ryan.

soybean
10-25-2007, 09:37 PM
how far does BC fall if they lose?

RyanLeaf#1
10-25-2007, 09:38 PM

Probably will be 8th.

soybean
10-25-2007, 09:42 PM
ouch. that sucks.

SuperKevin
10-25-2007, 09:43 PM
I can't watch this anymore. That was a horrible throw. I still stand by my support of Matt Ryan however

duckseason
10-25-2007, 09:45 PM

Not far enough. All the talking heads will change their tune from "BC will beat VaTech" to "Wow, that was a difficult, almost unwinnable game against an underrated VT team." And then VaTech will leapfrog 6 teams and move into 2nd place for shutting out the "best QB in the nation."

Vikes99ej
10-25-2007, 09:47 PM
If Matt Ryan can have a game like this, than Andre Woodson can have a poor game against USC.

SchizophrenicBatman
10-25-2007, 09:47 PM
Not far enough. All the talking heads will change their tune from "BC will beat VaTech" to "Wow, that was a difficult, almost unwinnable game against an underrated VT team." And then VaTech will leapfrog 6 teams and move into 2nd place for shutting out the "best QB in the nation."

The ACC blows this year

Neither of these teams would be in the top 15 if they played in the SEC

soybean
10-25-2007, 09:50 PM
maybe he thinks if he can be behind then bring his team back late in the fourth quarter, the heisman is his.

RyanLeaf#1
10-25-2007, 09:53 PM
Come on get in here and give me a push

soybean
10-25-2007, 09:55 PM
Come on get in here and give me a push

yay? 10 characters

RyanLeaf#1
10-25-2007, 09:55 PM
What a play by BC

RyanLeaf#1
10-25-2007, 09:56 PM
They better not overturn this it was clearly a catch.

SchizophrenicBatman
10-25-2007, 09:56 PM
I'm going to laugh if VPI blows this

RyanLeaf#1
10-25-2007, 09:57 PM
Yes it stands

KCJ58
10-25-2007, 09:59 PM
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

got the onside

duckseason
unreal. I'll throw up if BC wins this.

soybean
damnit! 10 characters

SchizophrenicBatman
10-25-2007, 10:00 PM
Ironic that if VaTech loses this game it'll be because they've had some awful special teams play

Vikes99ej
Virginia Tech wants Boston College to win.

soybean
unreal. I'll throw up if BC wins this.

seriously. this is NOT the number 2 team in the nation.

Hines
this is a good game

RyanLeaf#1
Come on BC!!!!!!!

KCJ58
10-25-2007, 10:01 PM
great catch Robinson

duckseason
Yet another in a long line of examples of what happens when you abandon the defense that's been winning the game for you all night in favor of prevent coverage.

soybean
damnit man.

KCJ58
Matt Ryan has come out of his shell

ENIGMATIC 1
What do you guys think about Victor Harris?

soybean
10-25-2007, 10:02 PM
Yet another in a long line of examples of what happens when you abandon the defense that's been winning the game for you all night in favor of prevent coverage.

seriously what are they doing?

RyanLeaf#1

Well VTechs touchdown wasnt a touchdown they got lucky with that call. But im not taking nothing away from Vtechs d.

KCJ58
**** Vt Go Bc!!