PDA

View Full Version : Chris Henry - the Titans rookie.....

Bobo
10-22-2007, 09:21 PM
http://www.nfl.com/teams/tennesseetitans/profile?team=TEN

About 1:15 in, you can see this guy a bit. Finally got some carries, and looked good. 11 carries, 57 yards, 5.2 avg, 1 TD. Got speed and quickness....but hard to say if he's got enough of what it takes to be a good back. Thought I'd bring him up just because he was a bit of a controversial pick. Problem is, when Chris Brown gets healthy, Henry goes back to spectating.

In other Titans rookie news, Michael Griffin had 6 special teams tackles....wow. Dude just finds the ball....and Fisher needs to find him a starting position on the D.

10-22-2007, 09:29 PM
i really do believe he has what it takes to be a featured back in this league but i think he will have to sit behind someone for a few years like lamont jordan did back with the jets

Boston
10-22-2007, 09:32 PM
Neat....? Maybe team thread?

Bobo
10-22-2007, 09:56 PM
Maybe neat for some. This is a good site for the draft, and he was a hot topic around the draft. Where's a team thread? This isn't acceptable for some reason?

doingthisinsteadofwork
10-22-2007, 10:02 PM
Yeah its not acceptable because nobody cares about Chris Henry.We have a rookie watch thread you know.

BuckNaked
10-22-2007, 10:05 PM
The only rookie who deserves his own thread is Adrian Peterson, for the obvious reasons. Those reasons being his bulging biceps and rock hard abs*.

* Take a hint fellas

TitanHope
10-22-2007, 10:41 PM
Chris Henry had just as productive of a day as Adrian Peterson... AD was averaging .1 more YPC than CHen.

I don't mind a thread about him. Most thought it was a horrible pick, that he was picked entirely too high, and/or he would bust since his production in college was poor. He had a good day, but no one would know unless they watched the game or read the box score. The Rookie Watch Thread would be an appropriate place, but considering the controversy over his drafting, I think a thread is ok. Shiver may disagree, though.

Yeah its not acceptable because nobody cares about Chris Henry...

I care about Chris Henry. What now?

doingthisinsteadofwork
10-22-2007, 10:52 PM
I care about Chris Henry. What now?Im nobody.

TitanHope
10-22-2007, 11:03 PM
I'm sorry to hear that... You wanna talk about it?

Shiver
10-22-2007, 11:44 PM
This is team thread worthy, not NFL worthy.

TitanHope
10-23-2007, 03:08 PM
It's redundant now, but fine.

Bobo
10-23-2007, 06:03 PM
Wow, bossy around here :rolleyes:

Cashmoney
10-29-2007, 01:55 AM
still upset we used a 2nd rounder on him but he really has impressed me these last two weeks.

nobodyinparticular
10-29-2007, 02:03 AM
Im nobody.

You are a damn liar. I am nobody!

TitanHope
10-29-2007, 06:16 AM
On the year, Chris Henry has 15 rushed for 105 yards with a 7.0 YPC Avg. and 2 TD's. Needless to say, I take everything back about doubting him. If coached properly, he's one of the most athletically gifted back in the league with one of the best blends of speed and power. He's gonna be fun to watch!

Pit Bull #53
10-29-2007, 09:53 AM
Said it in the other thread, but I think we should try Henry as a KOR. Davis isn't doing squat there, and if LenDale is gonna our bell cow and Henry is only gonna get 5-10 touches, then there is no risk in overworking a guy that has fresh legs anyway.

Then again, maybe they have seen something in practice that scares them away from making him the KOR. I don't know, but our special teams need a boost.

Bobo
10-29-2007, 11:42 AM
I agree, put Henry in on KOR's. Especially considering once CB's ever sprained ankle is healed, Henry may not see RB action.

Mason was not very fast, but was very quick and shifty, like Davis. Davis on PR's makes sense.

I'm still holding reservation on Henry. Trying not to get too excited too soon lol. His skills are undeniable. Fast, quick feet, will try and run with power and break tackles.

Kinda hard to say about his vision, in preseason he was missing holes and running into the backs of o-linemen. Was he just too eager? Was his college o-line just that bad that he couldn't get anything going? Can a RB learn instincts? I don't know, but if he can make the right decisions, then he's got the other skills to be our best RB.

Pit Bull #53
11-02-2007, 07:29 PM
Looks like Henry is facing a 4 game suspension for a banned substance. No details yet

TitanHope
11-02-2007, 10:41 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3092475

Apparently is was prescribed and the substance in the medication had only been on the "Banned Substance List" for a year. This is bitter sweet. It sucks, but at least it's not steriods or that he has something else in common with Travis Henry besides the same last name. He was playing so well too...

If his suspension counts for this Sunday, which I'm not sure that it will, then Henry should be back by our game vs Houston. If not, then he should be back for the game after that vs San Diego.

Pit Bull #53
11-02-2007, 10:59 PM
It won't cause he'll appeal it.

TitanHope
11-02-2007, 11:12 PM
Well, our remaining schedule is thus:

Carolina
Jacksonville
At Denver
At Cincinatti
Houston
San Diego
At Kansas City
NY Jets
At Indianapolis

We'll likely need to go 5-4 to make the Wild Card, and I think we can do that. Carolina, Cincy, Houston, NY Jets, and an Indy team that may not have much to play for should be winnable. And as far as the other games, they are tougher but we can definitely win those too. It depends on how well the offense has progressed. Travis Henry's appeal has lasted practically a month, so we could keep Henry active at least til around Cincinatti or Houston.

Bobo
11-03-2007, 12:38 PM
If Brown was healthy, this wouldn't suck as much.

If Hollis Thomas had a similar case last year, and he did his time, Henry will probably do his....even if it seems like bs.

Pit Bull #53
11-03-2007, 12:41 PM
At least the appeal can keep him on the field hopefully until Brown is fully healthy. If that's the case, at least we'll have 2 quality backs up on gameday even when he's suspended, if he is.