PDA

View Full Version : Draft Order if draft were held today.

Iamcanadian
10-23-2007, 09:51 AM
http://www.gbnreport.com/weeklydraftorder.htm

ironman4579
10-23-2007, 09:59 AM
I've got a feeling Dallas would be mighty upset if Cleveland's pick ended up being the 15th overall. At least I'm sure their fans would be.

draftguru151
10-23-2007, 10:08 AM
I've got a feeling Dallas would be mighty upset if Cleveland's pick ended up being the 15th overall. At least I'm sure their fans would be.

And New England is the one that actually ends up with a top 5 pick. Ugh, San Fran needs to start winning.

ironman4579
10-23-2007, 10:08 AM
And New England is the one that actually ends up with a top 5 pick. Ugh, San Fran needs to start winning.

That must really kill you DG. Do the Patriots really need to get better?

draftguru151
10-23-2007, 10:10 AM
Hopefully by the time the Dolphins are in contention again whoever they get with that pick will already be in the HOF.

P-L
10-23-2007, 10:24 AM
I bet the Patriots would trade down if they got the #5 overall pick. How unfair would it be if Long or McFadden fell to them?

Addict
10-23-2007, 10:26 AM
daaamn the Pats' trade is looking good, the rich get richer...

well they do have a some retirements coming up on D... Bruschi, Seau, Harrison...

ironman4579
10-23-2007, 10:28 AM
I have to say, I'd love the Lions to make the playoffs and all, but I'd hate to be drafting that late.

rockio42
10-23-2007, 10:54 AM
am i the only one hear who died a little bit inside when they saw what pick the patriots would get

this **** is unfair

Scotty D
10-23-2007, 10:57 AM
I think the Pats would get Chris Long if they picked at 5.

Grig
10-23-2007, 11:01 AM
I have to say, I'd love the Lions to make the playoffs and all, but I'd hate to be drafting that late.

I'd take the playoffs over a good draft position anyday. Especially with the Lions, you need to establish winning as a way of life.

Go Dolphins :(

rockio42
10-23-2007, 11:01 AM
chris long doesnt make sense to me, they have Seymour, Wilfork, and Warren

i think they would trade down and take LB or DB

georgiafan
10-23-2007, 11:02 AM
maybe mcfadden for the patriots

Flyboy
10-23-2007, 11:07 AM
I bet the Patriots would trade down if they got the #5 overall pick. How unfair would it be if Long or McFadden fell to them?

I'd... I'd... be in a rage. Although, I couldn't see them selecting McFadden.

#6... not bad. Could be a good spot for Sedrick Ellis.

megansett56BC
10-23-2007, 11:21 AM
they would probably pick long (unless one of the junior CBs absolutely blows up at the combine) IMO if they stayed, but i'd like to see them stick it goodell and trade down and maybe pick up another first rounder... with another late rounder in addition to their first rounders, dallas could do it...

Xiomera
10-23-2007, 11:28 AM

26TH!

That is unheard of for Detroit!

Strength of schedule hurts us in this way, as there are a lot of 4 win teams, but we are picking at the low end of them.

When all is said and done, I see Detroit picking between 17 and 22.

Xiomera
10-23-2007, 11:31 AM
The Pats would defintely use their top 5-10 pick if they get one, IMO.

How often are they gonne be getting them in the forseeable future? This is their one chance to get an elite prospect.

ironman4579
10-23-2007, 11:46 AM
I'd take the playoffs over a good draft position anyday. Especially with the Lions, you need to establish winning as a way of life.

Go Dolphins :(

While I certainly agree with that, sometimes I think an overachieving season can hurt a team as much as help it. When you draft later than your talent indicates, you may not get that impact player that could really help you(although you may not get that at the top either, and could of course get it at the bottom) and then when you do worse the next seasos, people are wondering what the hell happened. Or, the GM may think that the team has luxury picks because, "Hey we were good last year" and then you don't get any help, at least not immediately. With Millen, I could see that as a distinct possibilty

Addict
10-23-2007, 12:11 PM
The Pats would defintely use their top 5-10 pick if they get one, IMO.

How often are they gonne be getting them in the forseeable future? This is their one chance to get an elite prospect.

exactly. The pick won't end up that high though, 49ers will win some games this year, but they could do with a great linebacker... or safety!

Good lord....

with the 5th overall selection of the NFL draft, New England Patriots select Kenny Phillips, S, Miami (FL)

bearsfan_51
10-23-2007, 12:29 PM
I realize they are just going off of current records and how they stack up, but it's not even the midway point yet. Way too early to put too much credence like that. Anything that doesn't involve remaining strength of schedule and how each team has played in the first 7 weeks (not just wins and losses) doesn't account for the rises and falls that will obviously occur in the 2nd half.

For example, by the end of the draft having a strong opponent win % hurts you in getting a good draft pick, but right now it helps because you have a stronger schedule left, hence less likely to score upsets.

Brent
10-23-2007, 12:33 PM
5 New England (from San Francisco) 2-4 .425
As a Niner fan, and someone who dislikes the Pats, this is sickening.

yodabear
10-23-2007, 12:36 PM
HA, HA MIAmI, EAT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! **** YEAH!!!!!!!!!!! I AM ******* PROUD!

no love
10-23-2007, 12:44 PM
As a Niner fan, and someone who dislikes the Pats, this is sickening.

No worries. The Niner schedule gets MUCH easier from this point on. We play TWO teams with a winning schedule. If they improve their play, they still have a chance at .500 and even the playoffs if they can manage to win the rest of their divisional games. Unlikely... but possible.

There is nothing I would like more than to see the niners get a playoff berth, and the Pats to get a low round first rounder. Seeing as how the niners have the Colts pick, which is probably going to be 28-32.

But they way they are playing right now, this is all just crazy talk.

yodabear
10-23-2007, 12:47 PM
NEW England should get San Fran's pick tooken away. It will be much higer. I know thats the way it is, but I don't like it.

A Perfect Score
10-23-2007, 01:16 PM
exactly. The pick won't end up that high though, 49ers will win some games this year, but they could do with a great linebacker... or safety!

Good lord....

with the 5th overall selection of the NFL draft, New England Patriots select Kenny Phillips, S, Miami (FL)

thats exactly who i was thinking they pick up. A miami safety reunion in foxboro with meriweather and phillips. ooh baby lol

Desperado
10-23-2007, 04:28 PM
is it a sure thing that the Pats OWN pick gets taken away and not the higher of the two? I remember Goodell was on Sunday Night Football when the whole thing happened and they asked him, and he didn't really answer i dont think

draftguru151
10-23-2007, 05:17 PM
Yea he made it pretty clear it was the Patriots first rounder and had nothing to do with the 49ers pick.

Flyboy
10-23-2007, 05:20 PM
NEW England should get San Fran's pick tooken away. It will be much higer. I know thats the way it is, but I don't like it.

Tell me about it, bro. Tell me about it.

falconsrule
10-23-2007, 05:37 PM
It would be crazy if the Patriots trade that pick to Miami for Jason Taylor.

CC.SD
10-23-2007, 05:42 PM
It would be crazy if the Patriots trade that pick to Miami for Jason Taylor.

Yes, it would be crazy for the number 5 overall to be traded for a 33 year old.

keylime_5
10-23-2007, 06:11 PM

It might be just me, but I think the Browns' pick is gonna wind up being somewhere between 15 and 20 (they're gonna win at least 8 or 9 games).

Tampa 2 4 life
10-23-2007, 06:41 PM
Holy crap, what if the Pats pick Dorsey?

Flyboy
10-23-2007, 06:45 PM
It might be just me, but I think the Browns' pick is gonna wind up being somewhere between 15 and 20 (they're gonna win at least 8 or 9 games).

I could definitely see Dallas selecting someone like DeSean Jackson depending on certain things.

Dolfan2788
10-23-2007, 06:49 PM

******* Patriots again.

They need to start losing at the end of the season and the Jills and Jets need to keep losing as well, apart from when they play us.

Travis 24
10-24-2007, 06:00 PM
Pats going for Kenny Phillips maybe?...

I think if they are picking that high, unless they can get like Jake Long, they will trade down and get possibly 2 first rounders out of it..